Brady has Developed a Case of Bledsoevision

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Brady has Developed a Case of Bledsoevision

One thing I (and everyone else) have noticed this season is Brady's over reliance on Moss and Welker. It reminds me of Bledsoe constantly looking to Coates and Glenn. Back when we had a bunch of JAG's at WR, Brady would "find the open receiver." He has gone away from that. Why not some throws to the TE's? A screen to Aiken? A screen to Moss?

Is this on Brady or is this part of the playcalling disaster? It seem like there may be no plays where the first look is the TE.

Also, Weis is rumored to be interested in the Bears as well. If we don't get him, where do we look?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Brady has Developed a Case of Bledsoevision

In Response to Brady has Developed a Case of Bledsoevision:
    One thing I (and everyone else) have noticed this season is Brady's over reliance on Moss and Welker. It reminds me of Bledsoe constantly looking to Coates and Glenn. Back when we had a bunch of JAG's at WR, Brady would "find the open receiver." He has gone away from that. Why not some throws to the TE's? A screen to Aiken? A screen to Moss? Is this on Brady or is this part of the playcalling disaster? It seem like there may be no plays where the first look is the TE. Also, Weis is rumored to be interested in the Bears as well. If we don't get him, where do we look?
    Posted by Caesar1177

LOL. You need to copyright that.

I agree.  Even Cassel passed it around more.

Another point - and maybe a bit unfair - but I believe he may suffer from another Bledsoe phenomenon - FTDS - family time drain syndrome.  Brady has a new wife, a new life, a new home, a young kid on the Left Coast with a longterm ex (virtually an ex-wife) - the guy has too many new non-football demands of his time that are preventing him from obessively dedicating this time of year to all things football.  It is a natural arc for an NFL QB.  Once they start families, a lot of them diminish.  It's not fair to criticize them for it, so I am not.  But it is also not reasonable to discount it or ignore it just because it is taboo.  I think we have seen the best of Brady and we should be glad for that much, but it would be fantasy to believe that he can ever be as hungry and dedicated as he once was.  And it seems to be shoing on the field. He does not seem as contented with football as he once was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

One thing I (and everyone else) have noticed this season is Brady's over reliance on Moss and Welker. It reminds me of Bledsoe constantly looking to Coates and Glenn.
    Posted by Caesar1177

Yeah, I noticed the same thing.  Of course, Bledsoe would use his TE.  It doesn't appear that the Pats have one.  Ironically, they were stock-piled at this position not too long ago...fans were angry that they continued to draft TE's.  Interestingly, David Thomas seems to have bloomed on a better team (NO).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

It's the play calling.  It is predicable and bland.  Brady didn't forget how to use other weapons, and he certainly has NOT lost the hunger.  In fact, Brady cares more than ever right now, after having the game taken away from him for a year.

Look, I'm as frustrated as anyone, but let's not make this into more than it is.  The problem has really been a bunch of second half performances by the ENTIRE team on the road, against  great teams (Indy and NO) and good teams (Denver, Miami).  Yes, its uncharacteristic, and yes, Brady has played his part, but there is more to it than that, and its definitely fixable.  

But, it has to start with the play calling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've thought about this lately too.  Does having Moss and Welker diminish your ability to always find the open guy?  It sure looks like it.  Brady has been spoiled somewhat by having Welker and Moss; especially Welker.  Years ago, he had to look at every player downfield to find the open guy because we didn't have anyone like these two.  Brady would have to do that on every pass play.  I think that ability to look at everyone and find the open guy is part of what gave him the "clutch" factor.  It would sound reasonable that those skills have diminished now through lack of use.  That said, there are plenty of examples of great QB's who had star receivers and remained clutch.  Lastly, we can't discount the O-Line woes.  Does he have the time to find the open guy?

This is kinda sorta why I say 2006 was Brady's best job at QB, and not 2007.  I know that sounds ludicrous, but in 2006 he exemplified the QB who made something out of nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

One thing I (and everyone else) have noticed this season is Brady's over reliance on Moss and Welker. It reminds me of Bledsoe constantly looking to Coates and Glenn...
    Posted by Caesar1177

We are seeing the same thing!!! It happened in 2007. I think BB or someone in the coaching staff knows it and that's why Welker and Moss were out on that critical play. I am guessing, they were trying to get TB to look for the open man by taking away the receiivers he gets fixated on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Brady certainly seems to key in on Moss at bad times. He got spoiled during the record breaking season, when Randy spent the year outjumping 3 defenders at a time for the ball.

I can't remember the last time we started a game with the old "10 completions to 8 different receivers". We have more talent, but are utilizing less of the field. We need a professional Offensive Coordinator to step in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

They need to make a concerted effort to get Watson and Baker move involved. Possibly Maroney/Morris in the passing game as well.

Sections
Shortcuts