BRADY HURTS WORSE THAN THEY'RE SAYING?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

BRADY HURTS WORSE THAN THEY'RE SAYING?

I'm no conspiracy buff but it seemed odd to me that BB gave O'Connell the hook so quickly. It was as if to say he's not ready to be number one and we now NEED a number one. Was it just convenient to waive him after a bad performance to make it look like that was the reason. Now he can still downplay Brady's injury and not have that look of desperation when looking for Brady's replacement. If Brady is hurt bad and BB felt O'Connell wasn't ready would that not be the way to go? Cassell had bad moments last year but was kept on board. If Brady isn't hurt that bad then why would BB be so quick to pull the trigger on a guy he used a third round pick to get that he obviously saw potential in? Is it just because Pioli isn't there to reel BB in a bit? I hope Brady is good to go as I especially enjoyed his two nice hook-ups with Moss. But if he's not, where do the Pat's turn this time? Lastly, does anyone feel the hit was a wee bit late? That ball had been gone for three seconds when his shoulder hit the turf. Having huge hope for this season I will say I am now very concerned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Re: BRADY HURTS WORSE THAN THEY'RE SAYING?

hit was clean..............Brady's fine.......playing the media

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

THe hit was ok, Brady is fine. 

Don't worry, we're already in the playoffs. It's only a matter of how healthy we can keep our offensive line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

I've watched the hit a few times and while it could be considered clean I also believe he made zero effort to pull off.  Haynesworth had not made contact prior to Brady releasing the ball but he puts his head down and piles directly on him.

After watching the roughing penalty last night on the drama queen Farve and then the hit on Brady.....I'm sorry but there is a little bit of inconsistency.  Not to mention the roughing penalty on Rapist Rothlesberger in the SB last season when a Cardinal gives him a love push and he goes down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I think Tom bruised his shoulder pretty good. it wasn't blunt trama to the muscle, it was compression impact to the shoulder joint. Having said that I think he will be fine in a few weeks. As for the hit. I thought it was cheap. Legal because he was grabbing TB before he let go the ball.. but still very  cheap.. You can see that he pulls TB's lower body into him, this will make TB take the full weight and impact of both men with his arms and upper body. This is a purposful move. I call it the piledriver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Servmgr. Show Servmgr's posts

Watch Sanchez run for his life when your Jets play the Patriots, then talk your stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

In Response to Re: BRADY HURTS WORSE THAN THEY'RE SAYING?:
    Stick a fork in what's his name ...first the glass knee and now the glass shoulder. Have you guys seen Mark Sanchez yet?Of course you have !The infatuation with everything New York is alive and well in Beantown!
    Posted by FargoLovesLeon

I watched him play. SHould have done everything you could to keep Favre.  Sanchez looks terrible!  Especially when he played the Ravens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the hit was clean and i do believe brady will being the effects of the hit all year long...

and whoever said the pats are in the playoffs already really should take off his flying elvis blinders

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to BRADY HURTS WORSE THAN THEY'RE SAYING?:
    I'm no conspiracy buff but it seemed odd to me that BB gave O'Connell the hook so quickly. It was as if to say he's not ready to be number one and we now NEED a number one. Was it just convenient to waive him after a bad performance to make it look like that was the reason. Now he can still downplay Brady's injury and not have that look of desperation when looking for Brady's replacement. If Brady is hurt bad and BB felt O'Connell wasn't ready would that not be the way to go? Cassell had bad moments last year but was kept on board. If Brady isn't hurt that bad then why would BB be so quick to pull the trigger on a guy he used a third round pick to get that he obviously saw potential in? Is it just because Pioli isn't there to reel BB in a bit? I hope Brady is good to go as I especially enjoyed his two nice hook-ups with Moss. But if he's not, where do the Pat's turn this time? Lastly, does anyone feel the hit was a wee bit late? That ball had been gone for three seconds when his shoulder hit the turf. Having huge hope for this season I will say I am now very concerned.
    Posted by hoochiemgg

Pretty sure BB groomed Pioli into what he is now not the other way around. I think he drove the QB to the ground which is illegal. Brady had pretty good movement after the hit but who knows. The Oconnel move was a litttle strange but we had 4 qbs and had to make the cuts by sept 1st to be in the roster requirements.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think the original premise is an exercise in convoluted thinking.   BB released O'Connell so he could sign a veteran unfamiliar with the Pats offense and who will come in less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the season?  Seriously??

The hit was clean; it was hard but it was clean.

Brady's shoulder is most probably dinged up a bit but he'll be ready for Buffalo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Brady is fine.

If the cut of O Connel means anything it means Brady is fine. If Brady was hurt they wouldnt cut the only QB who has been in the system for more then one training camp. Brady is fine.

My question is if Kyle Orton is out for teh Bronco's was this cut so that McDanials could get a QB he drafted and he wanted. O Connel was a McDanials guy so maybe this was a "s crew it let Josh have him"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

My question is if Kyle Orton is out for teh Bronco's was this cut so that McDanials could get a QB he drafted and he wanted. O Connel was a McDanials guy so maybe this was a "s crew it let Josh have him"
    Posted by MVPkilla

Killa this might be the real conspiracy here, if O'Connell signs with Denver than we know something is up and Bill just threw McDaniels a huge bone.  Now who we get in return is still to be determined but during the next draft don't be surprised if Denver takes on some older player of ours (ala Vrabel) and we get more than his value in return.  This all hinges on O'Connell signing with Denver of course...

Maybe we geta certain disgruntled wide receiver they have on their roster..?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from desithug05. Show desithug05's posts

In Response to Re: BRADY HURTS WORSE THAN THEY'RE SAYING? : Killa this might be the real conspiracy here, if O'Connell signs with Denver than we know something is up and Bill just threw McDaniels a huge bone.  Now who we get in return is still to be determined but during the next draft don't be surprised if Denver takes on some older player of ours (ala Vrabel) and we get more than his value in return.  This all hinges on O'Connell signing with Denver of course... Maybe we geta certain disgruntled wide receiver they have on their roster..?
    Posted by wozzy

I don't think BB would throw a bone to anyone that might compete against the Pats...I mean why would you give Denver any help and make them a competitor?? BB gets paid to manage the Pats not help his former assistants! I mean the Browns sucked when Romeo was there I don't remember BB doing anything to help him.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I wouldnt want Brandon Marshal on this football team. He beats his women and he has been cought doing it more then once. He is a dirt bag.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

The hit was excessive but legal.  I don't know if that makes it "clean" or not.  It wasn't a late hit, but Haynesworth certainly made sure he gave as much force as possible even though it was clear that the ball was gone.  But it's certainly not worth whining about.  You'll see hits like that every game - and a lot considerably harder.

There was no unnatural tearing or twisting of the shoulder as Brady went down.  He's just badly bruised.  He'll be fine in two weeks.  (And no, he should under no conditions face the Giants' pash rush this week.)

As for O'Connell, I wouldn't go looking for conspiracy theories.  Simplest explanation  is probably the best: BB thought he wasn't playing well or progressing well.  I had thought Walter looked a lot better in preseason.  If McDaniels or Pioli picks him up, then they will have picked up a third-string QB who probably won't contribute much.  In any case, he hadn't done anything to earn a roster spot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

I've watched the hit a few times and while it could be considered clean I also believe he made zero effort to pull off.  Haynesworth had not made contact prior to Brady releasing the ball but he puts his head down and piles directly on him. After watching the roughing penalty last night on the drama queen Farve and then the hit on Brady.....I'm sorry but there is a little bit of inconsistency.  Not to mention the roughing penalty on Rapist Rothlesberger in the SB last season when a Cardinal gives him a love push and he goes down.
    Posted by jaxpat

Why the Roethlisberger put down and the rapist comment is a little over the top don't you think?  Have you even read the details of the case?  It is so obvious this chick is screwed in the head and this is all an extortion attempt to get money.  They only thing Ben is guilty of his having sex with an ugly chick.   

Don't be jealous that the Steelers are going to steal all the Patriots thunder this decade when they win number 7.  "Knock, Knock Knocking on sevens door."  Get used to it you are going to hear it alot this season.  See you in the playoffs, that's if you can make it to them this year.  

Sections
Shortcuts