Brady Hypothetical

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Brady Hypothetical

Just a hypothetical situation I was thinking about on TBs birthday, what do you think?

Brady stepped in for an injured Drew Bledsoe as a complete unknown and game by game led the Patriots to a Super Bowl as a rookie - forever changing the course of NEP history. Drew Bledsoe, while admittedly and obviously not on TBs level, had organizational sway in his own right at the time. A #1 pick, led the team to a SB appearance and out of dark ages, one of the best passers in franchise history etc. However, he was forced out by the newcomer and we never looked back.

Consider in Week 3, Ray Lewis (our modern day Mo Lewis for this hypothetical) crushes Brady and knocks him out of the lineup for a dozen weeks. Hoyer steps in and performs "a Brady: Part 2".

Would BB perform consistent decision making and stick with Hoyer after the full season of gameplanning/team building/playbook installation with him going into the playoffs? Or would Brady immediately resume QB duties regardless of time missed due to his reputation regardless of his absence?

I know the easy answer is to say he would resume ASAP, no one better than Brady...but think about this...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Brady Hypothetical

Well consider this, Bledsoe was not playing well to begin with. He lost his security blanket in Bruce Armstrong and any sort of pass rush killed him. A defense would take away his first option, put on a little pressure and make the guy move his feet and reset...he would throw off his back foot or just plain make dumb decisions at that point. Brady doesn't do that and in fact is coming off two of his better seasons (he was MVP two years ago and brought this team to the Super Bowl last year).

Think back for a second...how much longer was BB going to let Bledsoe play like that before he benched him in favor of Brady anyway? I mean Brady was lights out that pre season and Bledsoe played poorly, and it continued into the regular season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think Brady comes back and there are two reasons why I think the situation is different.

1.  BB was supposedly unhappy from the beginning with Bledsoe's work ethic especially at training camp and was already wondering if he should be the QB.  Word from the press is nobodies work ethic exceeds Brady's.

2.  Drew Bledsoe was not playing at a high level when he got injured and hadn't for at least a couple years.  Brady has been playing at a high level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Big difference.....Bledsoe was never an elite QB. He was decent, but not great. Bledsoe will not be in the HOF, and in my opinion, can't even hold TB's jock. Brady is still playing at an "elite" level, so to answer the question, Brady would, without a shadow of a doubt, be put back into to play in that siuation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Three expected and reasonable answers...but you don't put any stock into the lack of timing/practice/preparation for missing an entire season? If the team is playing well with Hoyer and they made the playoffs, you would want Brady to step in after not playing/practicing with the team all season? I know it's Brady, but...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Hypothetical:
    [QUOTE]Three expected and reasonable answers...but you don't put any stock into the lack of timing/practice/preparation for missing an entire season? If the team is playing well with Hoyer and they made the playoffs, you would want Brady to step in after not playing/practicing with the team all season? I know it's Brady, but...
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]
    Specific to that situation, If Hoyer were playing at a Brady like level and got the team into the playoffs then I'd stick with him.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts