Brady In Decline?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Brady In Decline?

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

BB needs to scale Brady back. Get him back under center more, run more base sets, leave a blocking TE (even Gronk) back at the line more, and try to get to play action in a game asap.

This is exactly what they did on Sunday and it failed miserably without Gronk as our TEs were abused by Kruger and Suggs.  Hopefully Gronk stays healthy and Ballard provides more solid depth.

This is what hurt Ocho and even Lloyd.  The Lloyd thing is telling. He's probably wondering why on earth Brady ignored him as much as he did this year.

Only 18 receivers in the entire NFL were targeted more than Lloyd this season.  He was targeted 14 times last week.  What are you talking about?

I am talking about WHERE on the field he was targeted. Was he targeted deep, mid range (past 10 yards)?  How many times? Twice out of those 14 targets?

You don't get it.  All we've heard is how Moss stretches the field. The problem with that is it's all he did.

Lloyd can stretch it and be trageted on slants, curls, outs, etc, but we didn't target him in the other ways to help the flow of the offense.

Why didn't you say that if that's what you meant?, ohhh i've caught you out. How can anyone believe a person in a discussion when they make up what their points are as they go along? There's a name for people who do that and that name is TROLL. Inflammatory posts are the calling card of a troll. All you posts are inflammatory and you're a liar as well but in an indirect way. You post articles and you ignore the parts that don't support your claims and then when someone explains the stats such as the poster has above and you ignore them so that you can tell yourself you're right. You're such a troll you don't even realise

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

The stats seem to show it.   It's painful to admit it, but once you concede this fact where we've now seen it so much in the postseason in recent years, it's easier for your expectations with our offense and its capability.

I don't have ESPN Insider, but if anyone does maybe they can post the entire piece:

Is Brady a quarterback in decline? January, 24, 2013 Jan 24 4:59 PM ET By ESPNBoston.com In an ESPN.com Insider piece that probably isn't going to be popular with Patriots fans, KC Joyner writes that both the numbers and anecdotal evidence point to Tom Brady as a quarterback in decline. Here is an excerpt:

SportsNation

Are Tom Brady's best days behind him?

•   58% Yes
    •   42% No

Discuss (Total votes: 5,444)

At first glance, this might not look to be the case. After all, Brady ranked second in the league in Total QBR, fourth in passing yards and touchdown passes and was tied for first in interception percentage.

Good as those figures are, they belie some disturbing trends. Brady's yards per attempt (7.6) and completion percentage (63.0) were his lowest since 2006 and his touchdown percentage (5.3) was his lowest since 2009.

He also showed a significant statistical drop down the stretch, as his December numbers in YPA (7.0), completion percentage (58.5) and touchdown to interception ratio (10-to-5) were the worst monthly totals of his 2012 season.

It isn't just the numbers where Brady started to show some regression.

He looked painfully slow in the AFC Championship Game against Baltimore. This was especially evident on a fourth-and-4 play in the fourth quarter when it looked like Brady had plenty of room to scramble for a first down inside the Ravens' 15-yard line. Instead, he ran sideways, looked behind him to see if anyone was closing in and eventually chucked the ball well short of his receiver in the end zone.

all you ever do is blame the guy for everything anyway so this is just the usual piling on-I really do think he stole your girlfriend or beat you up a a kid or ran your dog over by the way you have this obssession of yours-jeez, even Eli--BEFORE he won sb-didn't getb hammered this bad in NY

and is it anything to be ashamed of not being as good at 35 as 25? every athlete who ever lived declined at some point, even Babe Ruth...Father Time wins in the end, so what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Bottom line from the article...

"Brady is still so far ahead of most other quarterbacks that, even with a drop-off in his performance, he will likely be a top-tier passer for the next two to three seasons."

Learn the game junior.

Mediocre team + Brady = close but no cigar.

Mediocre team + no Brady = just another team.

+ 1

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

BB needs to scale Brady back. Get him back under center more, run more base sets, leave a blocking TE (even Gronk) back at the line more, and try to get to play action in a game asap.

This is exactly what they did on Sunday and it failed miserably without Gronk as our TEs were abused by Kruger and Suggs.  Hopefully Gronk stays healthy and Ballard provides more solid depth.

This is what hurt Ocho and even Lloyd.  The Lloyd thing is telling. He's probably wondering why on earth Brady ignored him as much as he did this year.

Only 18 receivers in the entire NFL were targeted more than Lloyd this season.  He was targeted 14 times last week.  What are you talking about?

I am talking about WHERE on the field he was targeted. Was he targeted deep, mid range (past 10 yards)?  How many times? Twice out of those 14 targets?

You don't get it.  All we've heard is how Moss stretches the field. The problem with that is it's all he did.

Lloyd can stretch it and be trageted on slants, curls, outs, etc, but we didn't target him in the other ways to help the flow of the offense.

Why didn't you say that if that's what you meant?, ohhh i've caught you out. How can anyone believe a person in a discussion when they make up what their points are as they go along? There's a name for people who do that and that name is TROLL. Inflammatory posts are the calling card of a troll. All you posts are inflammatory and you're a liar as well but in an indirect way. You post articles and you ignore the parts that don't support your claims and then when someone explains the stats such as the poster has above and you ignore them so that you can tell yourself you're right. You're such a troll you don't even realise

Yes, he always does that.  Not only that but his twist is also INNCORRECT!

Lloyd was targeted 4 times deep, only caught one and one was the last int.

Ya, his 25% completion percentage would have certainly got us the win.  NOT!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Watch the drop by Welker, (feel bad for him), Brady NEVER, looks off him, stares him down the whole play.

Maybe because he was the primary read and was WIDE OPEN.  Unbelievable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I mean seriously all you geniuses whining about Brady's "tunnel vision" realize he led the league in INT % again this year.  Do you think you can do that in today's NFL if you simply stare down receivers every play?  Learn the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It's really too bad, they got away from his strengths, which is Play-Action. The Shotgun, and especially the Open Backfield, has gotten way too popular here.
    Thats like Walsh, saying to Montana, we're scrapping what made you great, to learn another Offense.
    Counter-Productive. Hasn't worked.
    Too many Fans, are Happy to see the Production during the season, to see it fail, when Good DEFENSIVE Teams, are ready for this Offense.
    I call it the Drive for Show, Putt for Dough, and we cannot drop the 3 footers anymore.
    Good stuff Russ.

Thanks, but unfortunately, our honesty and objecitivity here on the subject places us in the minority.

Macmamenim, who claimed he was a BC student and lied, is now claiming we're trolls.

lol

Nah not him just you and let me but that into context. My problem isn't that Brady is in decline i'm well aware that a 35 year old athlete won't be of the same quality as a 25 year old athete. It's that you find such joy in the fact that he is in decline because it means for get to be right. You havn't seemed so down since sunday Rusty in fact you've seemed quie chirpy and up beat. You sound like a Jets troll man, bobbysu has agreed with you this one time so you take him in as your own and use him against me. My friends used to do that with a band called Coheed and Cambria when were about 13-14, I've never enjoyed them and I used to be quite adamant about how bad they were so my friend who is an extreme fan of theirs used to always get my other friend as back up, this is exactly what you're doing 

I'm not getting into the BC thing as i've said previously whether you choose to believe that or not is for you to decide I know the truth of the matter, quite childish you can't let it go. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

From "Aaron Rodgers the Education of a Quarterback"  (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/sports/football/the-education-of-the-packers-aaron-rodgers.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0)

"The way he practiced behind Favre also earned Rodgers the respect of teammates. While Favre retired and unretired and eventually left for the Jets in 2008, Rodgers and Clements studied every pass Tom Brady threw in his record-setting 2007 season. Rodgers took note of how Brady “controlled the defense with his eyes” on nearly every completed pass.

Wasn't 2007 when Brady supposedly forgot how to play QB and started staring down receivers according to some of the geniuses here.  Oh wait you just got owned.  Again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

It's really too bad, they got away from his strengths, which is Play-Action. The Shotgun, and especially the Open Backfield, has gotten way too popular here.
    Thats like Walsh, saying to Montana, we're scrapping what made you great, to learn another Offense.
    Too many Fans, are Happy to see the Production during the season, to see it fail, when Good DEFENSIVE Teams, are ready for this Offense.
    I call it the Drive for Show, Putt for Dough, and we cannot drop the 3 footers anymore.
    Good stuff Russ.

Thanks, but unfortunately, our honesty and objecitivity here on the subject places us in the minority.

Macmamenim, who claimed he was a BC student and lied, is now claiming we're trolls.

lol

Nah not him just you and let me but that into context. My problem isn't that Brady is in decline i'm well aware that a 35 year old athlete won't be of the same quality as a 25 year old athete. It's that you find such joy in the fact that he is in decline because it means for get to be right. You havn't seemed so down since sunday Rusty in fact you've seemed quie chirpy and up beat. You sound like a Jets troll man, bobbysu has agreed with you this one time so you take him in as your own and use him against me. My friends used to do that with a band called Coheed and Cambria when were about 13-14, I've never enjoyed them and I used to be quite adamant about how bad they were so my friend who is an extreme fan of theirs used to always get my other friend as back up, this is exactly what you're doing 

I'm not getting into the BC thing as i've said previously whether you choose to believe that or not is for you to decide I know the truth of the matter, quite childish you can't let it go. 

thats ok he told me i didnt go to berklee and i didnt live in boston...then when i told him i only went one year he said i failed out, blah blah blah

when dealing with queenie throw all logic and rationale out the window

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This is why I'm not in favored in resigning Welker. Now, before anybody says I'm bashing Welker, believe me I'm not. Great Patriot, hard as nails, wonderful Football Player.
    This is what I see, past couple of seasons: We'll get into a Shotgun Spread with OPEN backfield.
    It will be a short quick pass, mostly to Welker. You have to have a guy like Welker for this to work.
    Short, Quick, and not afraid of going over the middle. Teams are ready for this, also, 16+games for a guy to take that punshiment, probably causes the drops. This is the NFL, you get pounded like this, its amazing he makes all his catches.
    The problem I have is, it made Tom Brady a tunnel vision QB. Its his safety blanket, made it easy for him.  No checkdowns, simple swing passes to RB's, even take the sack.
    Watch the drop by Welker, (feel bad for him), Brady NEVER, looks off him, stares him down the whole play. Not good, get recievers killed, also makes it easier for Defense.
    Also you put a guy like Ridley in, and his 3.8 yards a carry. If you dont have a play where he MIGHT catch the ball, and make it harder to Defend, you know making Defenses worry about something else. He's lucky he makes his 3.8 yards a carry. Every Defense in the NFL knows its a block or a run. Thats tough to Defend. The other RB's are predictable too.
    Money and effort should be put on the Defensive side of the ball, we can still score 24+points in a game and win Superbowls. We did it in the past.

excellent points. I dont see why people think Gronk would have mattered either. He works the middle and last year Brady had tunnel vision with him also but ravens covered everything over the middle. We needed a real # 1 WR thats better than LLoyd. He is good on the sidelines but drops a lot and is not fearless. When Brady would have 8 diff. guys catching the ball in one game ,he was at his best but to his defense we dont have 8 guys that can catch, we may have 4 or 5 but they werent on the field. No plays were called for Fells, uh oh, or anyone else besided 81, 83 and LLoyd. Vareen didnt even see the field until the 3rd so unless thats bradys call, Bad Gameplan as Ive said. Joshy has killed this team and i dont why he was brought back if he isnt gonna put us in good situations..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Yes, he always does that.  Not only that but his twist is also INNCORRECT!

Lloyd was targeted 4 times deep, only caught one and one was the last int.

Ya, his 25% completion percentage would have certainly got us the win.  NOT!

4 times "deep", huh? Please post these deep targets, please.

We saw no play action and no deep balls to Lloyd. Period.

What YOU always do is lie and spin as a way to deflect.  Either post the targets on deep plays to Lloyd or walk away with your pink panties dangling as you ususally do.

No lie.  You're the only one that does that.  Look them up yourself if you don't believe it but I assure you they are there for all the world to see.  Just like your trolling.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Watch the drop by Welker, (feel bad for him), Brady NEVER, looks off him, stares him down the whole play.

You're missing his point.   That's ONE play. What he's saying is, with that many targets, even wide open on the first read, which does happen quite a bit, it's that ONE time where a huge drop can literally affect the swing of the game, and change momentum.

In a sense, it's almost become unfair that Welker is now the goat in these situations. 

As opposed to keeping a D a bit more honest, running a bit more, taking less targets away from Welker, Brady more under center, Welker is too much so an extension of the run game.

What's unbelievable is a fan like you unable to see the points made by very intelligent people who can see the problems at the core.

You're like the old guy at the table at GM who thinks everything is fine and dandy as sales plummet another year.

Things aren't fine.   Draft a WR to develop in the mid rounds with great feet and high IQ, target Hartline, Jennings or a hopefully released Earl Bennett (Or Mike Thomas from Detroit).

Draft a FB who can in between the tackles, block and catch.

Get Brady more so under center.

You are one amazing TROLL!  You been on here all week bashing wes and saying he shouldnt be signed but just because someone who slightly agreed with you said Brady was staring him down, now wes is the scapegoat???? Anything to bash Brady huh?  WOW WOW WoW   So let me get this straight, because Brady only looked to Wes on a 3rd down "money"play designed to get him open on a pic pay, its Bradys fault Wes didnt catch a WIDE OPEN pass with noone within 5 yards of him???   You are a funny guy and the worst part is you brag about an IQ but are too stupid to realize that everyone has been on to your BS for years but this past year you removed all doubts and even the few supporters you once now admit that you nuts. You never used to lie so much before though. Why is that?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Good stuff Russ.

lol

Joy?  I have been warning about this since last year in Buffalo!  I am annoyed! How is it joy?

Me accepting a possible reality and preparing myself for it beforehand, is called being an adult and mature.

Check it out sometime.

I'm a realist. I am not going to sit here with my head in the sand like you and others do as the same pathetic flaws on offense occur over and over.

BobbySu and I have been in agreement MANY times. This is another example. Sporter81, ReSoxFan94, Wozzy, True Champ, etc, are others.

Get over it. We may be a minority here, but at least we're honest and real about it.

I'd say Brady has 2-3 years left, where his best success will come in more traditional sets.

Yeah you've enjoyed this week, you enjoy it every time we lose I find. You get to go after Brady it's a simply formula for you bash him to pieces if we lose and if we win running game and D were responsible. I could basically go back to any game this year and that formula shines true in your posts. I agree with bobbysu here he's right that's my opinion, the same way i agreed with you about improving the running game last offseason. But nah I don't want to let you go around trolling this forum anymore, because you are a troll by definition even if you're loyal to the team you can still be a troll and you are a troll. I mean the fact that we as fans can't change anything proves that you're  troll. If bobbysu has made this point times during the year you've made it 500 times, that's what trolls do, that's why you get banned all the time because you're a troll....well on top of being a a sshole as well

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

You're missing his point.   That's ONE play. What he's saying is, with that many targets, even wide open on the first read, which does happen quite a bit, it's that ONE time where a huge drop can literally affect the swing of the game, and change momentum.

In a sense, it's almost become unfair that Welker is now the goat in these situations. 

As opposed to keeping a D a bit more honest, running a bit more, taking less targets away from Welker, Brady more under center, Welker is too much so an extension of the run game.

What's unbelievable is a fan like you unable to see the points made by very intelligent people who can see the problems at the core.

You're like the old guy at the table at GM who thinks everything is fine and dandy as sales plummet another year.

Things aren't fine.   Draft a WR to develop in the mid rounds with great feet and high IQ, target Hartline, Jennings or a hopefully released Earl Bennett (Or Mike Thomas from Detroit).

Draft a FB who can in between the tackles, block and catch.

Get Brady more so under center.

Hey Rusty can you put this Troll Avatar on all of your log in names so it doesn't take us two or three of your post to recognize your trolling...Thanks

Hey Tomhab, can you sign up for night classes at Bunker Hill CC so we can see you're at least attempting to improve that IQ level?

Thanks,

The Board

HAHAHAHAHA are you referring to yourself as The Board now? I'm glad you can be this judgemental...qualities like that make for excellent trolls

Sections
Shortcuts