In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

BB needs to scale Brady back. Get him back under center more, run more base sets, leave a blocking TE (even Gronk) back at the line more, and try to get to play action in a game asap.

This is exactly what they did on Sunday and it failed miserably without Gronk as our TEs were abused by Kruger and Suggs.  Hopefully Gronk stays healthy and Ballard provides more solid depth.

This is what hurt Ocho and even Lloyd.  The Lloyd thing is telling. He's probably wondering why on earth Brady ignored him as much as he did this year.

Only 18 receivers in the entire NFL were targeted more than Lloyd this season.  He was targeted 14 times last week.  What are you talking about?

I am talking about WHERE on the field he was targeted. Was he targeted deep, mid range (past 10 yards)?  How many times? Twice out of those 14 targets?

You don't get it.  All we've heard is how Moss stretches the field. The problem with that is it's all he did.

Lloyd can stretch it and be trageted on slants, curls, outs, etc, but we didn't target him in the other ways to help the flow of the offense.

Why didn't you say that if that's what you meant?, ohhh i've caught you out. How can anyone believe a person in a discussion when they make up what their points are as they go along? There's a name for people who do that and that name is TROLL. Inflammatory posts are the calling card of a troll. All you posts are inflammatory and you're a liar as well but in an indirect way. You post articles and you ignore the parts that don't support your claims and then when someone explains the stats such as the poster has above and you ignore them so that you can tell yourself you're right. You're such a troll you don't even realise

Yes, he always does that.  Not only that but his twist is also INNCORRECT!

Lloyd was targeted 4 times deep, only caught one and one was the last int.

Ya, his 25% completion percentage would have certainly got us the win.  NOT!

4 times "deep", huh? Please post these deep targets, please.

We saw no play action and no deep balls to Lloyd. Period.

What YOU always do is lie and spin as a way to deflect.  Either post the targets on deep plays to Lloyd or walk away with your pink panties dangling as you ususally do.

No lie.  You're the only one that does that.  Look them up yourself if you don't believe it but I assure you they are there for all the world to see.  Just like your trolling.

No. YOU source your own comments. The fact you can't do it, tells us all we need to know. You lied again.

Show me 4 25+ yard targets to Lloyd from that game. 

Oh, I can do it, can you?  BTW deep does not mean 25+.  learn the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Re: Brady In Decline?

In response to Tomhab's comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Watch the drop by Welker, (feel bad for him), Brady NEVER, looks off him, stares him down the whole play.

Maybe because he was the primary read and was WIDE OPEN.  Unbelievable.

You're missing his point.   That's ONE play. What he's saying is, with that many targets, even wide open on the first read, which does happen quite a bit, it's that ONE time where a huge drop can literally affect the swing of the game, and change momentum.

In a sense, it's almost become unfair that Welker is now the goat in these situations. 

As opposed to keeping a D a bit more honest, running a bit more, taking less targets away from Welker, Brady more under center, Welker is too much so an extension of the run game.

What's unbelievable is a fan like you unable to see the points made by very intelligent people who can see the problems at the core.

You're like the old guy at the table at GM who thinks everything is fine and dandy as sales plummet another year.

Things aren't fine.   Draft a WR to develop in the mid rounds with great feet and high IQ, target Hartline, Jennings or a hopefully released Earl Bennett (Or Mike Thomas from Detroit).

Draft a FB who can in between the tackles, block and catch.

Get Brady more so under center.

Hey Rusty can you put this Troll Avatar on all of your log in names so it doesn't take us two or three of your post to recognize your trolling...Thanks

Hey Tomhab, can you sign up for night classes at Bunker Hill CC so we can see you're at least attempting to improve that IQ level?

Thanks,

The Board

Rusty do us a favor and get out and see at least the street you live on.  A little street knowledge would go a long way to fixing your lack or common sense.  You'd think at 65 years old you would have learn a little something about life by now.

Tom Brady on his worst day is better than 99 percent of the QBs in the league.  Why don't you come back when the Pats have a QB you like.  You have no reason to be here Negitive Nancy Go hate somewhere else!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Watch the drop by Welker, (feel bad for him), Brady NEVER, looks off him, stares him down the whole play.

You're missing his point.   That's ONE play. What he's saying is, with that many targets, even wide open on the first read, which does happen quite a bit, it's that ONE time where a huge drop can literally affect the swing of the game, and change momentum.

In a sense, it's almost become unfair that Welker is now the goat in these situations. 

As opposed to keeping a D a bit more honest, running a bit more, taking less targets away from Welker, Brady more under center, Welker is too much so an extension of the run game.

What's unbelievable is a fan like you unable to see the points made by very intelligent people who can see the problems at the core.

You're like the old guy at the table at GM who thinks everything is fine and dandy as sales plummet another year.

Things aren't fine.   Draft a WR to develop in the mid rounds with great feet and high IQ, target Hartline, Jennings or a hopefully released Earl Bennett (Or Mike Thomas from Detroit).

You are one amazing TROLL!  You been on here all week bashing wes and saying he shouldnt be signed but just because someone who slightly agreed with you said Brady was staring him down, now wes is the scapegoat???? Anything to bash Brady huh?  WOW WOW WoW   So let me get this straight, because Brady only looked to Wes on a 3rd down "money"play designed to get him open on a pic pay, its Bradys fault Wes didnt catch a WIDE OPEN pass with noone within 5 yards of him???   You are a funny guy and the worst part is you brag about an IQ but are too stupid to realize that everyone has been on to your BS for years but this past year you removed all doubts and even the few supporters you once now admit that you nuts. You never used to lie so much before though. Why is that?

+1 everyone who think Rusty is a Troll please post just the word "Troll"!  If you don;t thinkk he's a troll just post Board!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

No sense in arguing, I wonder if that play last year by Sterling Moore was a good thing. We would have lost 2 Play-off games at Home to the Ravens. Back to Back. Never would have thought this way back in 04. Never.

We went to the superbowl last year though. That was a great team performance man that's what we need, everyone plays their part not Brady plays his part and if it doesn't we're heading back to foxborough it's far to much to expect of a single player and that's any single player ever

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I would be ridiculous to claim that a soon to be 36 year-old professional is not in the decline... I do not care if he has already had his best statistical season. The question is whether or not he is still a good enough QB to win a Super Bowl and I think he still has three maybe even four of those seasons in him (Elway won it at 38 by taking a backseat to Terrell Davis).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I would be ridiculous to claim that a soon to be 36 year-old professional is not in the decline... I do not care if he has already had his best statistical season. The question is whether or not he is still a good enough QB to win a Super Bowl and I think he still has three maybe even four of those seasons in him (Elway won it at 38 by taking a backseat to Terrell Davis).

Pretty much refflects my view of Brady.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

BB needs to scale Brady back. Get him back under center more, run more base sets, leave a blocking TE (even Gronk) back at the line more, and try to get to play action in a game asap.

This is exactly what they did on Sunday and it failed miserably without Gronk as our TEs were abused by Kruger and Suggs.  Hopefully Gronk stays healthy and Ballard provides more solid depth.

This is what hurt Ocho and even Lloyd.  The Lloyd thing is telling. He's probably wondering why on earth Brady ignored him as much as he did this year.

Only 18 receivers in the entire NFL were targeted more than Lloyd this season.  He was targeted 14 times last week.  What are you talking about?

I am talking about WHERE on the field he was targeted. Was he targeted deep, mid range (past 10 yards)?  How many times? Twice out of those 14 targets?

You don't get it.  All we've heard is how Moss stretches the field. The problem with that is it's all he did.

Lloyd can stretch it and be trageted on slants, curls, outs, etc, but we didn't target him in the other ways to help the flow of the offense.

Why didn't you say that if that's what you meant?, ohhh i've caught you out. How can anyone believe a person in a discussion when they make up what their points are as they go along? There's a name for people who do that and that name is TROLL. Inflammatory posts are the calling card of a troll. All you posts are inflammatory and you're a liar as well but in an indirect way. You post articles and you ignore the parts that don't support your claims and then when someone explains the stats such as the poster has above and you ignore them so that you can tell yourself you're right. You're such a troll you don't even realise

What YOU always do is lie and spin as a way to deflect.  Either post the targets on deep plays to Lloyd or walk away with your pink panties dangling as you ususally do.

No lie.  You're the only one that does that.  Look them up yourself if you don't believe it but I assure you they are there for all the world to see.  Just like your trolling.

No. YOU source your own comments. The fact you can't do it, tells us all we need to know. You lied again.

Uhh, yes, it does mean 25+ yards is a deep ball because Brady is really wanting to throw 15 yards and in. Most of his passes are in between the hashes and less than 20 yards.

15-25 is a mid range ball in this offense, anything less than 15 is a short pass, more so 10 yards or less and anything 25+ is a deep target.

Yes.

See, you just got caught. You tried to be sneaky in thinking somehow a 20 yard pass is a "deep ball".

20 yards doesn't stretch the field, spanky.

I'm Confused Genius please explain, if Brady wants to through 15 and in as you claim, that mean 0-5 is a short pass and 5-10 is mid-range with 10-15 being his limit so yea  20+ pass would be stretching the field by your claim of him wanting to pass 15 and in that is.  Your IQ is out witting your common sense again, but keep trolling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Pretty much refflects my view of Brady.

+2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Hey Rusty can you put this Troll Avatar on all of your log in names so it doesn't take us two or three of your post to recognize your trolling...Thanks

Hey Tomhab, can you sign up for night classes at Bunker Hill CC so we can see you're at least attempting to improve that IQ level?

Thanks,

The Board

HAHAHAHAHA are you referring to yourself as The Board now? I'm glad you can be this judgemental...qualities like that make for excellent trolls

You do realize you're an adult and you're stll dumb enough to think that I have more than one board name here, correct?

You once thought I was Phat Rex, you moron. Trust me when I tell you a lot more people are laughing at you, than me.

You're an idiot. I have bludgeoned Phat Rex and other trolls here, in particular Jets trolls, for years, yet you think I am a troll and a Jets fan?

Get to a library.  Try Goodnight Moon for starters. 

Well where did that come from Mr. Passive agressive, well now you've really backed yourself into a corner Rusty because I have never one time said that you wre Phat Rex or Leon or anyone other than yourself so as you normally do I propose a wager, Find the post where I said this and i'll leave and never return and if you don't then you can leave for a month. I also didn't say you were a Jets fan in fact I stated above that you can be loyal to the team and still be a troll by definition. Maybe you should learn to read before insulting my abilities first of all I just commented on the fact you called yourself The Board which is so lame it makes me feel sad for you, second of all I never said you had a number of board names, you brought that up yourself.

Now take my bet and prove you're not a troll, i've seen you do this to others so now i'm doing it to you. Go on genius prove me wrong! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Uhh, yes, it does mean 25+ yards is a deep ball because Brady is really wanting to throw 15 yards and in. Most of his passes are in between the hashes and less than 20 yards.

15-25 is a mid range ball in this offense, anything less than 15 is a short pass, more so 10 yards or less and anything 25+ is a deep target.

Yes.

See, you just got caught. You tried to be sneaky in thinking somehow a 20 yard pass is a "deep ball".

I'm Confused Genius please explain, if Brady wants to through 15 and in as you claim, that mean 0-5 is a short pass and 5-10 is mid-range with 10-15 being his limit so yea  20+ pass would be stretching the field by your claim of him wanting to pass 15 and in that is.  Your IQ is out witting your common sense again, but keep trolling.

Quite the Pinabll today arent we Rusty?  Seems a lot of posters are smacking you around. I hope Wozzy and Glen show up soon to help you.   I'll leave now to give you a break. You are catchin h3ll from every end.... smh

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am going to put this out there again.  There are some on this board who are under the impression that Brady's skills as a QB got worse in 2007 with the beginning of the high flying offenses.  They claim his pocket presence is worse and that he constantly stares down receivers.  I think Aaron Rodgers knows a little bit about the QB position and this is what he has had to say in the past.

From an article in the NY Times about learning to be a QB:

The way he practiced behind Favre also earned Rodgers the respect of teammates.  While Favre retired and unretired and eventually left for the Jets in 2008, Rodgers and Clements studied every pass Tom Brady threw in his record-setting 2007 season.  Rodgers took note of how Brady "conrolled the defense with his eyes" on nearly every completed pass.

And here is what he said in a radio interview in 2010 about who the best QB in the NFL is:

"No order except for Tom being the best.  He does things that other guys can't do.  His pocket presence is better than those guys by far.  He throws a better ball than just about all those guys."

So on the one hand we have Aaron Rodgers, NFL QB and possible future hall of famer that has studied Brady on game film extensively and on the other we have a few whiners who have never played QB in the NFL and have never watched any NFL game film in their entire lives.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the NFL QB who has studied the game film probably knows a bit better than the armchair QBs on this board.

Sources:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/sports/football/the-education-of-the-packers-aaron-rodgers.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/06/aaron-rodgers-patriots-tom-brady-is-the-best-by-far-among-current-nfl-quarterbacks/1#.UQLgBpHSNyA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Well he's 35 years old so its not even a question. That play in the 4th quarter against the Ravens really stood out though. I think we are going to start to see a lot more of that type of play next year. Brady is one of the best ever and he's played at a high level his whole career but it looks like he is going into a rapid decline. Thinking otherwise is delusional. I hope he doesn't try to play until he's 40 like he's said he wants to. It will be hard to watch and not good for the Patriots hopes of winning. I'm not trying to bash him here, he's a first ballot hall of famer but he's a 35 year old football player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another moronic, obsessive troll thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The drop in completion percentage and yards-per-pass may be partly the result of the receivers he had.  Welker and Hern seemed to drop a lot of balls this year, and with few (if any) deep options on the team most of the passing plays were short.  Even when Lloyd was targeted deeper down field, he rarely got any YAC, which also affects yards-per-pass. 

Overall, I thought Brady played well this year.  However, I will say that he seemed defeated and disengaged at the end of the AFC Championship game.  I've never seen him like that before.  It did make me wonder whether he's finally starting to tire of the game . . . . At his age, decline is inevitable and if the fire starts to go, he may truly begin to fade.  What the Pats need to do next year is surround him with some better targets to give him a better chance . . . but even with improved targets, we've only got two or three more years of Brady at the most and his performance is almost certain to begin to slide.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love how our village idiot spends his days googling Brady bashing articles and finally finds one written by the company that he bashes more than anything...but of course he agrees with it. Then despite the article making mention to our pouress defense - our village idiot glosses over that section.

Our pass defense has been in the top three worst in the league three years in a row and all this guy cares to do is analyze a four yard run that the guy didn't make. The week prior Brady was lights out, while our defense was average as usual giving up another 28 points. There is not a team in the league that wouldn't kill to have him on their roster - there is not one single team in the league that would trade a roll of tape for our defense. Deal with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've already posted a couple of times on this thread and, to be clear, my enthusiasm for Tom Brady as the Pats QB is as strong as it's ever been.  Having said that, what I found most disappointing was the failure of the Pats offense not only in the red zone but on the Ravens end of the field throughout the game.  In my opinion, the pick in the end zone was almost predictable given the situation.  The Ravens D knew what TB was going to have to do and they played it well.  I, too, was a little puzzled by Brady's demeanor late.  Not something we're accustomed to seeing.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

That's nice, but we aren't talking about the 2007 brady, we are talking about the present day brady.

We were until the resident Brady whiners on this board started talking about how Brady hasn't been the same QB since 2007.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I've already posted a couple of times on this thread and, to be clear, my enthusiasm for Tom Brady as the Pats QB is as strong as it's ever been.  Having said that, what I found most disappointing was the failure of the Pats offense not only in the red zone but on the Ravens end of the field throughout the game.  In my opinion, the pick in the end zone was almost predictable given the situation.  The Ravens D knew what TB was going to have to do and they played it well.  I, too, was a little puzzled by Brady's demeanor late.  Not something we're accustomed to seeing.

I have to disagree with this. IMO the game was over at 14-13 when Ridley fumbled. Sure we believe we are always in it but nothing was going right and up to that point Brady had been steady and had to deal with many drop passes. Both drives you mention stalled due Wes and LLoyd dropping passes. Give him blame for putting 3 instead of 7 at halftime but really?  He saw nothing was going right and another playoff loss and he is supposed to rally the troops! I mean we want him to be fired up but what does he say?? " go yell at Wes to start making catches and risk a mutiny?  That last desperation throw meant nothing and I had already condeded a loss. Im a fan and I new by halftime it was a loss. How long u think it takes Brady to realize this. It wasnt our day. Everything around Brady Crumbled including the coach.  He got to the redzone really only 3 times. The halftime debacle which BB took credit for. The tipped pass INT and the desperation INT. I will credit him with the last but the game was over.  You all need to re-watch the game. Getting to the other teams 40 means nothing if you are punting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yes.

10-20 is mid, 20+ is deep.  Deep is over 20 not 25.  Learn the game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I have to disagree with this. IMO the game was over at 14-13 when Ridley fumbled. Sure we believe we are always in it but nothing was going right and up to that point Brady had been steady and had to deal with many drop passes. Both drives you mention stalled due Wes and LLoyd dropping passes. Give him blame for putting 3 instead of 7 at halftime but really?  He saw nothing was going right and another playoff loss and he is supposed to rally the troops! I mean we want him to be fired up but what does he say?? " go yell at Wes to start making catches and risk a mutiny?  That last desperation throw meant nothing and I had already condeded a loss. Im a fan and I new by halftime it was a loss. How long u think it takes Brady to realize this. It wasnt our day. Everything around Brady Crumbled including the coach.  He got to the redzone really only 3 times. The halftime debacle which BB took credit for. The tipped pass INT and the desperation INT. I will credit him with the last but the game was over.  You all need to re-watch the game. Getting to the other teams 40 means nothing if you are punting.

OK, not to be argumentative but where in my post did I hang it on Brady?  I spoke to the failure of the Pats offense which includes everyone on the O side of the ball.  Brady will be the first to accept responsibility for a good deal of the execution issues and I respect him for that.  A good deal of the responsibility also sits with the receivers for dropping well thrown passes and with the O line who, although not allowing a sack, didn't give Brady as much of a chance as, IMO, they should have.  Again, the Pats O, QB, RB, receiving corps and O-line.