Brady In Decline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Brady In Decline?

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Hasnt been clutch in 8 years,,,,since last SB win its close to a 1:1 TD to INTs in playoffs

That's a lie.

Not, it's not. In fact, he's got 7 TDs and 9 INTs in his AFC title games, career.  He has 7 INTS in his last 3 AFC title games at home alone.

7 INTs in 3 home games is good?

That's awful. That's an average of at least 2 per game which puts the team in jeopardy of losing.  Elway and Favre made careers out of crappy TD/INT ratios like that as has Peyton Manning in recent years.

Keep in mind as a general rule QBs don't do as well in the PS because they're facing better defenses. I call it the "Nick Swisher" syndrome.

As George Allen once said about the SB (right after Ron Guidry's great pitching season) "It's like facing 2 Ron Guidry's out there".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

brady is still plenty good enough to lead his team to the SB win and that's really all that matters. put a solid defense behind him, a healthy gronk, and receivers that can catch when the game is on the line and things will fall into place.

Oh brother. Yeah sure and if the moon and mars line up we should be all right.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

Some are.  One of them comes in here and tries to pretend they formed a dynasty with a lucky helmet catch and a lack of execution in last year's SB by Brady and Welker (wide open).

Otherwise, why would any fan of an NFC team even be here?

LOL.... When the opponent does it, it's a lucky catch. When a patsies player does it, it's "skill".

Do boston fans ever run out of excuses?

Amazing how their teams never get beat according to them.

It's always the other team was lucky, the refs blew it for them, so and so was injured.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Some are.  One of them comes in here and tries to pretend they formed a dynasty with a lucky helmet catch and a lack of execution in last year's SB by Brady and Welker (wide open).

Otherwise, why would any fan of an NFC team even be here?

if u are referring to me Queenie you are wrong as usual

never said anything about a "dynasty" and sure as hell ain't jealous-my God if any fan of any team has absolutely no reason whatsoever to be "jealous" of the Pats...well i will leave ur 152 IQ to figure out which

just keeping that massive ego and obnoxious arrogance in place  :  )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Looking at SB vs. Carolina on you-tube.

Biggest observations:

I think he makes more conservative decisions now, takes care of the ball better. He might even be more acurate now.

Also stays in the pocket more now, looks a bit slower running out of the pocket today than back then.

Relies more on o-line protection now, made his own space then.

Definately more comfortable running for the first down if he needed one back then, looks very uncomfortable doing that now.

They spread the field much better back then ..not just along the line but vertically.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

We are all in decline, but in the context of pro sprots decline needs to be put into context. Is Brady older? Yes. So, decline in the context of pro sports he certainly is older and some type of performance decline is normal.

I have two types of pro football decline sterotypes. One, goes out in pain with an injury, the other goes out because they get beat out by a backup or opponent. Either one is not a pretty sight. I hope Tom goes softly into the night, no injury, nor backup.  I know the chances are slim this will happen.

Until then I just enjoy this once in a lifetime professional athlete.  In my lifetime he's up there with Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, Yaz, and for certain the greatess Patriot of all time.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

How many QBs in the NFL today wish they were in "decline" like Brady was last year as Joyner implies with his pick and choose stats?  I'd say a lot.  It has been said, give Brady a receiver corps like Manning had, like Flacco has today, his career stats would be lights out.  But, early in his career, the Patriots offense did not center around him like the Colts did with Manning.  Now with a running attack, with possible additions of "real" WRs next year and healthy TEs, 2013 could be a big year for him and the Pats.

I agree that his decline is better than most QBs in their prime. The funny thing about him need a better receiving crew is that going into this season all I heard about was all the "weapons" Brady had (Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead). I agree that they need a better actual WR group, but I tried telling people were over rating a lot of these guys.

Gronk is the one guy who I think is not overhyped. When Gronk was out and Welker, Hernandez and Lloyd, could not step up and fill the void. Welker couldn't catch and Lloyd and Hernandez (still to me the most overrating player on the team) couldn't even get themselves open.

Even the running game suffered without Gronk in there. I saw a stat that the yards per carry fell about a yard after he was injured.

If there is one thing I noticed this season, how many balls the receiver corps of the Pats dropped this season.  IMHO, seems to have gotten worse as the season progressed.  We'd see drops in places never seen before.  In the AFCCG, this aspect of poor play hurt them a lot!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

babe of all people should remember the decline that hits even non athletes after 35........

Well, I am playing better golf than I did when I was 35...   actually driving the ball farther, go figure, with this new technology we have today!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to CHUBBIE99's comment:

In response to ricky12684's comment:

brady is still plenty good enough to lead his team to the SB win and that's really all that matters. put a solid defense behind him, a healthy gronk, and receivers that can catch when the game is on the line and things will fall into place.

Oh brother. Yeah sure and if the moon and mars line up we should be all right.

Really, CHUBBIE.. you do not think Brady is still a SB caliber QB?  Actually, when you think about it, for ANY team, you do have to have the stars, the moon and all the planets in align when you consider how tough it is to actually get to and win the SB, let alone to get to FIVE of them in the last 12 years!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

I do think he is SB caliber QB. really,AGCSBILL...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

Nice try .

The logic almost works until you survey the present state of the competition.

Who would you rather have under center next year? : Manning, Flacco, Brady, Rodgers or Kaepernick, RGIII,Luck ?

For me, it's still Tom Terrific- though the others are gaining....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TheFutureNow's comment:

Nice try .

The logic almost works until you survey the present state of the competition.

Who would you rather have under center next year? : Manning, Flacco, Brady, Rodgers or Kaepernick, RGIII,Luck ?

For me, it's still Tom Terrific- though the others are gaining....

gaining? Rodgers has passed him even Brady will tell you that - passed him by 2011

kapernick rg3 luck and wilson too young to judge for years

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Tommy Football, Pats Go 14 & 2  In 2013.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

The most discertanble "drop" I see when Gronk isn't playing are the pass drops by receivers and that includes Welker too...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

How about focusing on other aspects instead of Brady?  The obsession borders on a clinical disorder.

A team is the SUM of its parts, not "how do we give TB everything he needs to win the SB?"

Trent Dilfer, Rob Johnson, Eli Manning, Flacco or Kaepernick, - all these guys have won or will win SBs. 

TB's failures in recent playoff runs are part of the problem, but not THE problem.  Championship teams can overcome INTs, low QB ratings, and even failed final drives.  

Rob Johnson never won a SB.    Flacco may not and Kaepernick may not.

The problem is our best player underperforming in many of his more recent postseason games.

Plain and simple. If Tim Thomas underperformed in 2011, there is no Cup in Boston. Plain and simple.

Flacco OR Kaepernick will. To say that Flacco and Kaepernick may not win a SB is factually incorrect.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Hasnt been clutch in 8 years,,,,since last SB win its close to a 1:1 TD to INTs in playoffs

That's a lie.

Not, it's not. In fact, he's got 7 TDs and 9 INTs in his AFC title games, career.  He has 7 INTS in his last 3 AFC title games at home alone.

That's awful. That's an average of at least 2 per game which puts the team in jeopardy of losing.  Elway and Favre made careers out of crappy TD/INT ratios like that as has Peyton Manning in recent years.

Keep in mind as a general rule QBs don't do as well in the PS because they're facing better defenses. I call it the "Nick Swisher" syndrome.

As George Allen once said about the SB (right after Ron Guidry's great pitching season) "It's like facing 2 Ron Guidry's out there".

Then why did Montana's stats improve in the post-season? Why are Flacco's post-season this year numbers dramatically better than his regular season?

Scoring overall in the post-season is up from the regular season 50.6 totals points per game versus 45.6. Why is that happening if the defenses are better?

No to mention, in 2003 & 2004 the Patriots ppg went up in the post-season... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He wasn't clutch in the 2007 SB when he drove the team and hit Moss for a TD in the closing minutes after being body slammed all day because of a pitiful O-line and no run game?

Really, give this up. Go post on a hockey forum or something. You're making a fool of yourself here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That's a lie.

Yes it is a lie junior. "since last SB win its close to a 1:1 TD to INTs in playoffs" is clearly an incorrect statement. It's not even close to that ratio.

And you are either too damned stupid to figure that out, or a too much of a liar to speak the truth of it. In your case, I'll guess both.

Then you spew your nasty little spin about AFC championships when he said "playoffs". Pathetic.

Junior REAMED again for the fool that he is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This is a legitimate concern. Tom is not the player he was 5 years ago. He needs more help from his defense, WRs, and running game: http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130127-age-is-not-the-only-number-of-concern-for-brady.ece

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

This is a legitimate concern. Tom is not the player he was 5 years ago. He needs more help from his defense, WRs, and running game: http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130127-age-is-not-the-only-number-of-concern-for-brady.ece

I think every QB wants/needs that, right?

Sections
Shortcuts