Brady In Decline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Brady In Decline?

WEll if you read this,

It went pretty much unnoticed as the Pats made a run toward another Super Bowl appearance, but Brady’s numbers declined in 2012. His completion percentage of 63 percent was excellent by most standards, except perhaps his own. It was his lowest percentage since 2006. The percentage of his passes that went for touchdowns dropped to 5.3, his lowest number since 2009. And his average yards per pass was 7.6, his lowest since 2008.

So he had worse numbers in 2006,2008,2009.

I guess this has nothing to do with Welkers, lloyds, Hernandez's very high drop rates and Lloyd's pitiful YAC %?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

WEll if you read this,

It went pretty much unnoticed as the Pats made a run toward another Super Bowl appearance, but Brady’s numbers declined in 2012. His completion percentage of 63 percent was excellent by most standards, except perhaps his own. It was his lowest percentage since 2006. The percentage of his passes that went for touchdowns dropped to 5.3, his lowest number since 2009. And his average yards per pass was 7.6, his lowest since 2008.

So he had worse numbers in 2006,2008,2009.

I guess this has nothing to do with Welkers, lloyds, Hernandez's very high drop rates and Lloyd's pitiful YAC %?

Its amazing how many people here are harping on things like completion percentage while not also noting how many easy drops these guys had this year. Welker especially dropped a high number of easy passes this year. Its funny but I had an ephinany over the w/e about Wes. I noticed that he really DOES have Bad Hands. Now hear me out everyone. I know hehas caught 5 gazillion balls in the last 5 years but ask Yourself how many of those were caught with his hands??  Not many. He likes to let the ball come into his chest and clamp on it. This is good when necessary but far too many times I see Wes jumping and leaving  his feet when not needed only because he wants to catch with his chest. Growing up playing ball I was ALWAYS taught to catch with my hands and never liked catching with my chest because it hurts. Wes actually has stone hands. Think about all the drops he has had and I bet most if not all were because he tried to catch it with his hands which is normal for most and yet another reason I wouldnt sign him. Go back and look at both drops from this years AFCCG and last years SB and the only common factor is him fighting the ball with his hands. LLoyd, Moss, Troy Brown , THOSE guys could catch it anyway but they knew to catch with their hands for the most part. last week somone said Brown couldnt hold Wes' jock and I ask WHY NOT? Brown was faster, more explosive, better hands, more reliable and could do more like play defense but why hasnt he ever negotioated these LARGE contracts??? Cuz slot guys DONT GET PAID! atleast not like that. This whole fan base has turn from informative to delusional. Wes is a Bum!  hard worker, nice guy(not really) but he isnt clutch, fast or anything close to a # 1 so I hope they let em walk so Brady can get a Real GO TO GUY

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Brady in decline? Absolutely.He played himself right out of MVP contention late in the year and didn't look very good in the last game. Old Tom Terrific looked like Tom Horrific.

It happens to the best of them. We all get old. Watch how old BB 's act will get once old TB hangs em up. BB is and will be nothing without Tom Brady.

I was really rooting for the pats against the Ravens last week. I wanted the pats to get into the SB and then lose it again on some crazy play.This week is no fun without the Curse of Spygate lurking around.

Now back to Brady.Sing along with Leon won't you.....

Your Old QB just aint what he used to be

he aint what he used to be he aint what he used to be....

How are ya my horribly accented neighbors from the North!?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Tom is not was he was - true.  Imo he's still good enough to win another SB if the Oline is improved and D gets a hard-hitting Safety like a Ballard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

He might be declining a bit, though I think it has a lot to do with the system around him not playing as much to his stregnths. That said, even in decline, there aren't many guys in the NFL...ever.... that are on the level that he is now. Where did the screens go? Where did the play-actions, followed by a long ball TD go?

I look at a guy like Vereen and I think "That is a guy just built for the screen game". Good hands, dual threat as a runner to keep the D honest and blazing fast in the open field. Is it the current WRs not being good enough blockers to succeed at it as often? Perhaps that plays a part, but if so, shame on BB for not finding better blockers at that position, that used to be a requirement to get any snaps at WR here! Can't Hernandez split out wide? I know he isn't a good enough blocked to beat LBs with any consistency, but someone his size should be able to outmuscle most of the DBs in the NFL. While mentioning Hern, why not have him lined up as a FB more often? They did it in Denver last year and Brady played one of the best games of his career, the D didn't know how to stop it.

I see a guy like Jeff Demps coming back next year and I think he is a guy that could be a Darren Sproles like playmaker, deployed in a wide variety of roles, including screens and the occasional deep route. Will they use him as such? Or will they line him up like Woodhead and slam him up the middle for 1-2 yards? Speaking of Woodhead, great playmaker, good clutch player, but he is better in space, end of story, people have caught on to the whole "letting him get lost in the crowd" strategy.

I think too often they take their long shots on 3rd down...why? Unless there is a guy literally open by 10 yards, why chance it? I remember countless times, seeing the Pats at 2nd and 1-5 yards, drop back, sell play-action and nail a wide open deep ball, where did that go? That's the kind of play I think they paid Lloyd to make...but they were so few and far between. The kind of play where I think Gronk could be HUGE running down the seam. Get Gronk running full steam with nobody but a Safety to stop him? Wouldn't want to be that guy!

Overall, yes, Brady was not as good this year, but I think he can rise again if the offense evolves around him, like it did under Weiss. And for the love of god, quit going empty backfield on 3rd on short, at least leave the possibility of a run back there for them to respect! At the very least the back can be a personal protector for Brady and he can quit getting rocked so often on plays like that! And since I feel I've been saying mostly negative things, here is a big positive, Brady is still money on QB Sneaks, and anyone that says he is soft is ignoring all the times he runs to the line and goes charging right into the midle of the D-Line!