Brady in Detroit, how much do you want to see him play, if at all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Brady in Detroit, how much do you want to see him play, if at all

and risk him getting blasted or injured against that line?
    i think i would want to play it way safe and sit him.

if he plays i hope it's only 2 series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brady in Detroit, how much do you want to see him play, if at all

Whatever coach Belichick feels is enough play time for him is fine with me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

suh is a vicuous mother- he has the steelers " i want to hurt somebody mentality" - if i had my druthers brady does not play

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think you can win football games if you play scared.  Injuries are a part of the game and trying to avoid them sometimes seems to make them more likely, because guys are playing without being properly conditioned for the season.  I say play Brady for a half this game.  If nothing else, we want to give him and Ocho time to work with each other under game conditions.  It might be a good game to experiment with two or three TE sets and unbalanced lines though. Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't know.   Should Suh sit because he may be made to look silly or get hurt in a preseason game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Toss up...  I don't think our offensive line needs any more motivation by putting Brady in the pocket but I'd almost say open up with Mallett / Hoyer and let Brady start the second half to get some 3rd / 4th quarter play in once the edge has worn off the Detroit D-line and our O-line has found it's groove.

Regardless, the fact remains that this is likely the closest we'll get to a true season game here in the pre-season since BB will likely rest the starters for the fourth and final game to hash out the final roster.  So BB will have Brady play since they should all be prepped to play against any team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Let Mallet start and get his christening, so to speak. It will look bad to start Brady and then pull him if starts getting knocked around, and much worse if he were to get injured.

Maybe that "shoulder" might flare up and limit Bradys time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I don't want brady to get injured in a meaningless pre season game, with that said, I would bet on him playing the half.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

come on guys! we are talking about the detroit lions here right? do you guys realize that as I type this the coaching staff of the tampa bay bucks are still realing about what happened to them last week. I'm pretty sure that Coach knows what's what and it has always been my thinking that "In Bill We Trust"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

They ve got to keep that MF Suh away from him!! I love how he (suh) has the guts to say he's not dirty. Grabbing Dalton by the head and nearly ripping his head off isn't dirty???!!, and totaly unnecessary in a preseason game, he could have easily taken him down without slamming him to the ground. I hope the league has put the Lions on notice, to get him in line. I'm sick of defensive players whining about not being able to touch the QB, figure out a way to take them down without risking injury. I don't want to see the games without the good QBs in there especially Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Brady will play at least the first half and maybe into the third quarter.  The third preseason game is usually where the regulars get their final tune up before the season starts.  The year Brady got hurt, he did not play much in the preseason.  Injuries happen.  There is no guaranty that a player will last the season.  Hopefully the offensive line can do their job and protect Brady

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Brady in Detroit, how much do you want to see him play, if at all:
    [QUOTE]and risk him getting blasted or injured against that line? i think i would want to play it way safe and sit him. if he plays i hope it's only 2 series.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

For game 3 of the preseason it is typical for the first unit to play the first half and come out of the locker room at the end of the half and start the first series.  If the first team moves the ball well, then the second team takes over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Brady in Detroit, how much do you want to see him play, if at all:
    [QUOTE]come on guys! we are talking about the detroit lions here right? do you guys realize that as I type this the coaching staff of the tampa bay bucks are still realing about what happened to them last week. I'm pretty sure that Coach knows what's what and it has always been my thinking that "In Bill We Trust"
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

the dteroit lions, yes, you have anexcellentpass rushingdefensive line and a freak who can be unblockable and tackles like a monster.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

Ill be at this game as I live in Detroit.. Suh is a monster and somewhat untamed but the good news is that Jim Schwartz is a good mannered coach and is good friends with Belichick.  So there wont be any take out their QB commands given out like there obviously was in Tampa last week where the defenders were superman diving at Brady's knees all 2nd quarter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

It's game three of pre season. We'll see him into the 3rd quarter which to me is prefferable to seeing the Backups. If we get our team in sync faster than anyone else it will get us off to a nice start this year. Nobody wants to see any players get hurt but we still need as much prep time as we can get right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

@benBlev - Ill be at this game as I live in Detroit..

Brutal... Detroit.  Having the Pats come to town must be like Santa Claus showing up a couple months early.  Keep Suh away from Brady and let him close the game out with the second half.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

If the Detroit D is that great then it will be a perfect test to see where our O-line is in terms of being ready to protect Brady!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Brady in Detroit, how much do you want to see him play, if at all:
    [QUOTE]They ve got to keep that MF Suh away from him!! I love how he (suh) has the guts to say he's not dirty. Grabbing Dalton by the head and nearly ripping his head off isn't dirty???!!, and totaly unnecessary in a preseason game, he could have easily taken him down without slamming him to the ground. I hope the league has put the Lions on notice, to get him in line. I'm sick of defensive players whining about not being able to touch the QB, figure out a way to take them down without risking injury. I don't want to see the games without the good QBs in there especially Brady.
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I'd love to see Suh in a Pats uniform! I loved the Rodney Harrison interview with Suh when Rodney asked Suh about his reputation for being dirty.  You could just tell that those two guys are cut from the same cloth. Would love to see Suh a Pat some day . . . he's dirty in the same way Rodney was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]They ve got to keep that MF Suh away from him!! I love how he (suh) has the guts to say he's not dirty. Grabbing Dalton by the head and nearly ripping his head off isn't dirty???!!, and totaly unnecessary in a preseason game, he could have easily taken him down without slamming him to the ground. I hope the league has put the Lions on notice, to get him in line. I'm sick of defensive players whining about not being able to touch the QB, figure out a way to take them down without risking injury. I don't want to see the games without the good QBs in there especially Brady.

Suh's not dirty, that was good hit. That's what I want to see from Haynesworth and Wilfork this season. I guarantee that the Bungholes didn't run up the middle and that they kept protection up front. With plays like that from the DTs, Andre Carter and Cunningham(Ninkovich, Anderson, Wright) will make quick work of their blockers. 

Welcome to the NFL, Dalton. You're going to get beat like a red-headed stepchild. Tongue out I made a funny. =) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady plays all 3 quarters. What's going to happen when we face a pass rush with the same caliber as Detroit? Does Brady grab pine so that he doesn't get hurt? 

Jesus, it's football. Play like a man, if the Pats don't want Brady hurt they should protect him. This will be good practice for the Jets, Giants and the rest. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

So wrapping his arm around around the QB head-so the helmet comes off- and then body slamming him to the ground was a good hit. Did you see the play?? as least Steelers Harrison admits he wants to hurt players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeWERWvEnO4&NR=1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Game, do you remember a certain Giants player escaping a defenders grasp? When you have the QB you do anything to take him down. That wasn't a dirty hit, if the QB doesn't want to get hit hard, don't put up much of a fight and just go down. You can't expect Suh or any other d-lineman to just give up and risk letting him break free

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]So wrapping his arm around around the QB head-so the helmet comes off- and then body slamming him to the ground was a good hit. Did you see the play?? as least Steelers Harrison admits he wants to hurt players.

I don't think Suh's intent was to take Dalton's helmet off, I think that was accidental. Suh didn't rip his helmet off, it came off by itself. Slamming his was a good call. You get in a QB's head early and they fear you for years. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

3 Quarters is what i think he will play, hes not a baby for christ sakes hes a grown man.

Sections
Shortcuts