Brady In Early

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Brady In Early

Bout time he got back to this. Working with Lloyd and Ocho. Good to hear.   He's long overdue for getting in there and working with people he needs to work with at this point.

He's not always going to have a stud at every spot or a rapport like he has with Branch or Welker.

Good sign.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Brady In Early

I have a good feeling about our WR core (with and without TEs) this year. I think Lloyds presence is being greatly underestimated by a few. Who do you all see making the final cuts as of right now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I don't care. I want numbers and quality to bounce the competition. Ocho got a raw deal here last year and will be big this year.  Branch is iffy.  Stallworth is a good fallback, Welker may or may not be here. 

In the end, they won't fix this without a legit base run game teams look at, which will open up Brady;s playaction.

Agree on Lloyd, I think Ocho is a factor at his cost, Stallworth is in the mix and if healthy Branch is there.  Draft Sanu and develop him and if you need to improve the team by moving Welker for a Forte or a MJ Drew, so be it.  This team is flat out loaded beyond belief in the air as much as any team in NFL history.

I am just glad to see Brady in there focused for once.  It's a very unpopular thing to say Brady hasn't been locked in here, but he hasn't been. He's so good he can light up junk all year long, but all I care about is how he runs the show in January and February.

Ocho was a good move and so is Lloyd.  Each should be great options in 2012 if they move to a more traditional base, which is it appears they will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I can see 38-0 over the next 2 years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Brady In Early:
    [QUOTE]I have a good feeling about our WR core (with and without TEs) this year. I think Lloyds presence is being greatly underestimated by a few. Who do you all see making the final cuts as of right now?
    Posted by AyyyBoston[/QUOTE]

Lloyd, Welker, Stallworth, Branch, Edelman, Slater at WR

Defensively I really think if Will Allen makes the team, Ras is healthy and Gregory starts at free safety the defensive backfield is among the league's best, doubly so if rookie depth is added at safety.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I'm happy that Tom is at the facility, but we do recognize that this pre-draft voluntary stuff is much more towards conditioning/weight program than it is actual playbook stuff?  The offensive and defensive schemes don't really get installed till after the draft, though I'm sure there's some behind the scenes work going on.  But these have always been overblown, unless Tom spotting Brandon Lloyd in the gym counts towards "chemistry", it's just a glorified walk-thru.  Training camp and in season practice is where the real work gets put in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

I'd love to our offense to be more diverse. I'm all for a running game. I just don't think BJGE was the guy to carry the load. Especially when both Ridley and Vereen had their issues last year. Hopefully both are healthy and have earned the trust of the coaching staff. I'd love to see both on the field with the rest of this offense. I think if all of the above happen we could be unstoppable. I also think the addition of Lloyd cannot be understated. He is exactly what this offense needs. He can put his foot in ground and run 10-12 yards comebacks , curls all day. Hit you with post , slug-gos. Beat you inside/outside the numbers. Great hands , versatile and in the prime of his career. If this roster plays out how it suppose to were going to have the best TE in football. Running the most unstoppable route in football. Nobody can defend that seem route. The best slot WR in football. Along with A.H. , another top five TE/WR/HB. And Brandon Lloyd! For the record I also would love to see 85 back and in full effect. There's no doubt he still has plenty left. Early on he gas his struggles. Brady lost trust and was too dependant on Gronk , WW. I also think our defense is very well set up , but needs more help. There are a few positions that must be addressed. DE , OLB and S have to be upgraded. In that order if it were up to me. I think besides o-line our offense is pretty stacked. I'd really like to see us not ignore the obvious there and make it the focus of the draft. It would be ideal imo if we would use one first round pick and trade the other with a Cleve , Jack or Minne.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It is a good sign, I think he's been MIA for the past few years at this time. He used to always show up for the voluntary workouts in his early years. Very good sign, he wants to win more than ever now. I think this helps Ocho, Lloyd, and the rest of the new wr's that end up making the team. They need to become more diverse to play well in Jan and hopefully a game in Feb. Other than this years Denver game they have not played well on offense in the playoffs since 2004. No 300 yard passing games, not much offensive scoring. They put up 37 on the Jets in 2005 but they had a pick six and a lot of special teams points. 

This is a good sign for next season, they need to get on track offensively when the games matter most. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah he's way overdue. Voluntary workouts have been going on since the beginning of the week, and he just started....at the beginning of the week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like Brady in now; think Lloyd, Ocho, Welker, Stallworth, Branch and maybe Edelman once in awhile.  Like the air game; think we will actually see the Pats make Rusty happier with more of a ground attack this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]I'm happy that Tom is at the facility, but we do recognize that this pre-draft voluntary stuff is much more towards conditioning/weight program than it is actual playbook stuff?  The offensive and defensive schemes don't really get installed till after the draft, though I'm sure there's some behind the scenes work going on.  But these have always been overblown, unless Tom spotting Brandon Lloyd in the gym counts towards "chemistry", it's just a glorified walk-thru.  Training camp and in season practice is where the real work gets put in.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Not true, the quarterbacks can throw during this time with the conditioning coaches on the field. I'm sure Brady can figure out how to get some time in with his receivers. For those of you so critical of what he has done in the past , remember years prior to this the players were at the training facility pretty much from March on. Not any more--the new CBA restricts the amount of time players can train. I'm sure that Brady will be there when he can be there. Hopefully he doesn't have an injury trying to heal as in years past

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Brady In Early": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady In Early : who's your dealer? Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE] Got nothing better to do? Go back to NY, d*ckhead

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]I'm happy that Tom is at the facility, but we do recognize that this pre-draft voluntary stuff is much more towards conditioning/weight program than it is actual playbook stuff?  The offensive and defensive schemes don't really get installed till after the draft, though I'm sure there's some behind the scenes work going on.  But these have always been overblown, unless Tom spotting Brandon Lloyd in the gym counts towards "chemistry", it's just a glorified walk-thru.  Training camp and in season practice is where the real work gets put in.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I don't care.  The point is, he's here early for the first time in years and it's about time. I understand he's recently married, children, etc, but I don't care.  One major reason why he was the best player during SB winning seasons was because of his commitment.

Throwing 5 yard outs to Wes Welker in LA is not the same as throwing a ball with people like Ochocinco and now Lloyd or whoever else here in Foxborough.  Even Jerry Rice wanted to get a rapport with Steve Young because Young was  lefty and a different trajectory occurred when Young would release the ball (as opposed to Montana).

Say what you want, but he's taken his situation for granted.  He's become spoiled since 2007.  He bitched and moaned about his WR quality after Branch wasn't signed in 2006 and since then has scaled back his focus in terms of spreading the ball around, while playing favorites with superior talent.  But, that's the opposite of the kind of QB he was from 2001-2005. The SB loss this past year is pretty much squarely on him and his play.   Eli Manning just outplayed him.  That has to sting.   It would for me if I am as great as Brady has been in his career, and on the heels of 2 SB losses in 4 years, barring only my play being just a tad better as to why I don't have 2 more rings.

Him being here early is more symbolic to me than it is beneficial of some supposed chemistry he can develop now as opposed to in camp with these guys.

The fact is, he needs to work with the Ochocincos and the Lloyds not a hold out like Welker or guys like Gronk, Branch or Hernandez. We get it. He's phenomenal throwing to them. What he needs to do is make sure he's comfortable with everyone BUT those guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I can see 38-0 over the next 2 years. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

LOL, what if that really happened? I'm sure TB would call it day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Brady In Early": Go back to NY, d*ckhead
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

People will look dumb when Ochocinco lights it up (relatively speaking) on the flank this year.

And yeah, how nasty will this guy be with Brady?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnvyQuLPKDM

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I can see 38-0 over the next 2 years. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Tom coming in early is a good sign...no doubt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

When it comes to running plays and scrimmages, it is far more important that the young secondary gets reps than the HOF QB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]People will look dumb when Ochocinco lights it up (relatively speaking) on the flank this year. And yeah, how nasty will this guy be with Brady? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnvyQuLPKDM
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

he gets cut before the season starts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Ochocinco? He would have been cut at this point if that were the case. His cost is so cheap, that even as a veteran 4th WR, he's as good as any #4 in the NFL.

I don't see him being cut now.  He'll have a good camp, a good preseason.  Branch's situation is one to watch with his knee, and obviously, as is Welker's potential holdout.

The fear with Ochocinco was antics or drama/distractions, and by all accounts, we've seen or heard of none of that from him. 

I don't get why people dislike him so much.  Very odd.  If he helps the team win games, which he certainly can, why would you root against it?

BB will keep 6 WRs: Slater, Branch, Lloyd, Ochocinco, Stallworth, Welker*

Edelman will be given spot may be considered a 7th.  I see Branch has having an edge due to Brady's desires and Stallworth and Ocho as the bubble guys. I just see more upside for Ochocinco as a flanker guy while Stallworth isn't.  Ochocinco is better than Stallworth even if Stallworth has the system knowledge. We'll see. Gonzalez is a guy I see not making it especially if a Welker deal is made.

It all it takes is one issue for Branch to have a sluggish season with a balky knee and we're back to whining about how Brady has no effective other flanker, assuming Lloyd works out well on side.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Brady In Early": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady In Early : I don't care.  The point is, he's here early for the first time in years and it's about time. I understand he's recently married, children, etc, but I don't care.  One major reason why he was the best player during SB winning seasons was because of his commitment. Throwing 5 yard outs to Wes Welker in LA is not the same as throwing a ball with people like Ochocinco and now Lloyd or whoever else here in Foxborough.  Even Jerry Rice wanted to get a rapport with Steve Young because Young was  lefty and a different trajectory occurred when Young would release the ball (as opposed to Montana). Say what you want, but he's taken his situation for granted.  He's become spoiled since 2007.  He bitched and moaned about his WR quality after Branch wasn't signed in 2006 and since then has scaled back his focus in terms of spreading the ball around, while playing favorites with superior talent.  But, that's the opposite of the kind of QB he was from 2001-2005. The SB loss this past year is pretty much squarely on him and his play.   Eli Manning just outplayed him.  That has to sting.   It would for me if I am as great as Brady has been in his career, and on the heels of 2 SB losses in 4 years, barring only my play being just a tad better as to why I don't have 2 more rings. Him being here early is more symbolic to me than it is beneficial of some supposed chemistry he can develop now as opposed to in camp with these guys. The fact is, he needs to work with the Ochocincos and the Lloyds not a hold out like Welker or guys like Gronk, Branch or Hernandez. We get it. He's phenomenal throwing to them. What he needs to do is make sure he's comfortable with everyone BUT those guys. Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE] Somebodies become spoiled, but it ain't Brady.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Nah, I can just admit when any of the teams I follow have a problem or problems. I'm an honest person.  Pretty simple.  I've seen this for years. Its just something some fans don't really want to admit, as they leans on Brady tossing 420 yards and 4TDs against a bad D in October as evidence as to why a fan like me doesn't supposedly appreciate his greatness. 

I've said he's one of the best QBs ever, but it's really his play in the postseason that has suffered in recent years.

Even HE would tell you he needs to be good or great when it matters, not in October against an NFC team.

I don't care about my QB's stats just like when I chuckled at Colts fans years ago when that's all they cared about.  I want my TEAM to win a SB, not put up stats for a fantasy team or my video game for my own personal, selfish reasons.

Brady was a better QB back in 2004 than he is now.  Not statistically, but as far as playing within himself and understanding game situations. 

By his being here early, I see it as a sign with him knowing he really wasn't as good as he should have been last January and in the SB. Sorry.  There is no way Brady was happy with his performance against Balt or NYGs.  ANd if he is, we have a more serious problem on our hands than originally suspected. But, I believe he's even more hellbent on righting that wrong of his in the SB. He'll live with that INT and his mediocre or at times subpar play in that SB for the rest of his life.

A wounded duck magical helmet catch is one thing, but SB 46 was WORSE for Brady.

Him being here early for the first time in years is a GOOD sign.  Put it this way, if you had a crystal ball and said NE would win the SB next year with Mallett at QB and not Brady, I'd be just as happy as a Pats fan.

What's scary is, some Pats fan WOULD NOT be due to an unhealthy Brady obsession.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think now that Brady has been married for a few yeas he's probably looking for reasons to get away from the wife.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I felt this was a great sign when I heard about it.  Good to see Tommy show up for this.  He's determined.  He isn't screwing around anymore.