Brady is 34 next august, will he win another Championship?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady is 34 next august, will he win another Championship?

Figure he has 3 more seasons to play.....can he win another ring?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Brady is 34 next august, will he win another Championship?

I would find it impossible for Brady alone to win another championship.  As a team, though, with Brady as their QB, can you give us ANY reasons why it is NOT possible?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Night after they lost the SB, I called into EEI saying I just had a gut feeling the team was done with championships. Mikey Adams and cohost told me no way, the team was all there, expect great things, etc. Well - here we are 3 years later and we dont even have a playoff win. I just dont believe we will see another SB win in the Brady era....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

In Response to Brady is 34 next august, will he win another Championship?:
    Posted by ccsjl

Yes ... with a couple of good off season moves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Good question.  His career is starting to parallel Bart Starr's.  As the Packers declined once Lombardi left in 67.  From 68-71, he was good but never sniffed another championship.

The key thing that shows decline is completion percentage.  He looks ok for now....but the clock is now ticking.  To me that's now 3 SB's lost.....06 07 and 10.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, ccsjl... could you survive being a fan of a team like Detroit or Cleveland?  If you do not like the fact the Pats aren't winning as soon as you would like to see them win, why not consider jumping off the Pats bandwagon and in the 4th quarter of SB45 support the team with the lead?  The Pats will win again.  It is not like the organization is not trying or are you thinking otherwise?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Yeah WHAT was I thinking??? Expecting the team with the BEST RECORD in the NFL to actually WIN a HOME playoff game...What was I thinking????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

We have unrealistic expectations of the Pats. They've won so often, come from behind so often and had so many near perfect games, we expect them to win every time out.

Face it; the jets outplayed them Sunday. As someone once said, they get paid, too. Brady can't win every game. Remember, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

Even though we lost Sunday, I'm still convinced that we have the better team. In 2011 we have the opportunity to complete our "rebuilding" and bring in a gang of premium playmakers at OLB, DE, OT, WR and RB. 

I hope we have the opportunity to play the jets again next year, in the playoffs. If the jests can even get there, with all the high priced FAs they signed to one year contracts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Brady is 34 next august, will he win another Championship?:
    Yeah WHAT was I thinking??? Expecting the team with the BEST RECORD in the NFL to actually WIN a HOME playoff game...What was I thinking????
    Posted by ccsjl

Hey, I see where you are coming from.. but, to me, even though I may feel the Pats, based on their regular season accomplishments, ought to win a playoff game at home, I can't let it get to me like it has to a lot of folks here.  I don't play the game, the team does, I root for them like everyone.  I am grounded enough to understand a team loses and I move on.  Disappointed, yes, but I have a life to live beyond football. I won't jump ship nor am I one to question what the team is doing to better itself.  Yes, I am not a fan who lives and breathes Pats football all day.  Given I have been a supporter since the 60's, I've had enough ups and downs which many current fans have yet to experience.  Given that, this disappointment is nothing like having a team which is the laughing stock of the league.  Want to live that nightmare?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

What was disappointing about this loss- I would love to see Brady get two more rings, so another year goes by.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Brady is 34 next august, will he win another Championship?:
    Posted by ccsjl

It's really up to the Pats to build up the defense a little more and solidify the O-Line. As anyone over the age of 30 knows, age does make a difference. the guy is still the best but I no longer expect him to carry us the way he did earlier in his career. I hate to keep saying it but we got a lot better this year than we were last year and we are on the incline not the decline. I like our future prospects better than any of the other top teams out there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Posted by ccsjl

They lost.....get over it.

We all wanted the win....they played like crap, the Jets played great...they lost. Accept it....and be glad we are young, and have draft picks coming out our butt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

I've always said he'd get one more, but I think it'll hafta be with a stronger team around him.  There were just too many guys on the roster who weren't supposed to be as good as they are that turned out to be.  And before anyone says "it's talent evaluation", guys like Woodhead and BJGE were undrafted.  That's called "I think he can possibly find a way on our roster....oh crap, he's really good...what luck!"

Brady's still the best QB in the league, and of this generation.  One game, people go completely nuts.  I do think the years are over where he can turn water into wine.  They got him some help @ the TE position.  It's high time to either get him an elite running back or an elite WR that doesn't  need to be on meds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

...Brady's still the best QB in the league, and of this generation...
    Posted by buttgrundle

Montana played 15 seasons and has only FOUR rings to his name.  Brady is at 3 rings with 10 seasons and counting.   So, what does that say about Montana? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Good question.  His career is starting to parallel Bart Starr's.  As the Packers declined once Lombardi left in 67.  From 68-71, he was good but never sniffed another championship. The key thing that shows decline is completion percentage.  He looks ok for now....but the clock is now ticking.  To me that's now 3 SB's lost.....06 07 and 10.
    Posted by schwank

Three SBs lost?  Are you kidding.  One definitely, '07. In '06 they crisscrossed the country to play two tough teams on the road, Bolts and Colts, it was too much to overcome even though they came pretty damn close.  This year no way.  Look we're supposed to drink the KoolAid we're Pats fans, but at the start of the season we knew it was a rebuilding year, and the SB could only be viewed through rose colored glasses.  The Pats gave us more than we expected so then we expected too much.  This is a young team, without a D-line, and other than Mankins a fairly non agressive  O-line.  Sure the flashy positions get all the ink and glory but football is still a game won in the trenches and the Pats haven't finished rebuilding those areas. 
    Yeah, last night hurt, maybe more so than any other loss in franchise history, I could respect the Giants and their players, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the Pats are still rebuilding from '07.  Only in the parity driven NFL could the Pats have looked as good as they did this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

In Response to Re: Brady is 34 next august, will he win another Championship? : Montana played 15 seasons and has only FOUR rings to his name.  Brady is at 3 rings with 10 seasons and counting.   So, what does that say about Montana? 
    Posted by agcsbill

Shows how hard it is to win Super Bowl rings.  People want to chide Brady because it's the popular thing to do right now, but Montana also only went to 4 Super Bowls.  Brady's already been to 4.  Montana also had Rice, Craig, Taylor, Clark, etc around him.  Brady's had a cast of UFL talent and running backs on their last legs.  I don't think it's even close, but everyone will call me some delusional homer.  Every QB mentioned @ the top of the list had a Hall of Fame skill position player with him.  Brady's had to turn turds into rose petals more often than not.

If anyone ever is in place to catch Brady/Montana, it's Big Ben.  His clutch play is ala TB12 earlier in his career, only with a nice salty rap sheet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

He will 34 and at best he has had average mobility when pressured in the pocket. He looked like a statue yesterday, totally unable to scramble. I know that has never been his forte, but he will only get less mobile from here on out. He had 7-8 seconds sometimes yesterday and still couldn't find a receiver, that's not the Tom Brady of 2001, 2003, 2004 . One must remember that was along time ago.

I am not saying he is not a great QB , his record speaks for itself, but he looked like an old man out there yesterday. There is plenty of blame to go around for the loss, of course you have to give the Jets credit, they kicked butts and took names, and Phat Rex and his staff completely outcoached the Pats staff . Full stop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

No I don't think the Brady wins another one as the last QB to win a SB who was a SB loser was John Elway and I can't even remember the last time a former QB who was a winner and then lost a SB and then went on to win another one. So I think both Tom & Peyton are done winning Super Bowls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't see why he couldn't win two more to be honest. 

But they have to look at the SB victories at some point and learn something.  Those teams were not dominated by passing every down and out scoring everyone.

They had a running game.  They committed to run.  They had Full Backs.  AND they had talented defenses that blitzed and turned the ball over.

The worst thing that happened to this franchise was the 16 - 0 season.  They lost their mentality that season. 

I don't know ANY SB champions that didn't have physical, aggressive defenses.

Sections
Shortcuts