BRADY IS ELITE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BRADY IS ELITE

He's also the Pats biggest bargain. At 14M he's currently the 11th highest paid QB and averages only 11M per year over the length of his new contract which is grossly below average.

Tom Brady Tops ESPN’s List Of QBs Ranked By Anonymous NFL Insiders by Doug Kyed on Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:18AM Share this: Fancred Tom BradyESPN.com has changed its mind — Tom Brady is a top-five quarterback after all. Brady tied for No. 1 on ESPN’s list of starting quarterbacks ranked by anonymous NFL insiders. The New England Patriots quarterback tied with the Denver Broncos’ Peyton Manning, Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers and New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees. ESPN’s Mike Sando asked 26 anonymous NFL insiders (eight general managers, two former GMs, four pro personnel evaluators, seven coordinators, two head coaches, two position coaches and a top executive) to put each starting quarterback in a tier from one to five. Brady received 25 Tier 1 scores and one Tier 2 ranking — that pro personnel evaluator placed Manning as his lone Tier 1 QB. “Brady did a lot of good things with limited resources, but I saw holes when they put the onus on him to carry it all, as you saw when Denver beat him,” the pro personnel evaluator said. “Brady has to have more of a running game at this stage. He cannot line up with five wides and win it as consistently as before. I still think Brady is a top-five quarterback, but I would not say he is the best right now.” One offensive assistant ranked Brady as a Tier 1 quarterback because “he does it with the least every year.” Brady’s top targets last season were wide receivers Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins and running back Shane Vereen. ESPN.com stirred up controversy last month when it published an article by Pro Football Focus’ Sam Monson stating Brady no longer belongs in the Mount Rushmore of NFL starting quarterbacks. ESPN’s latest piece puts Brady where he rightly belongs: at the top.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: BRADY IS ELITE

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's also the Pats biggest bargain. At 14M he's currently the 11th highest paid QB and averages only 11M per year over the length of his new contract which is grossly below average.

Tom Brady Tops ESPN’s List Of QBs Ranked By Anonymous NFL Insiders by Doug Kyed on Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:18AM Share this: Fancred Tom BradyESPN.com has changed its mind — Tom Brady is a top-five quarterback after all. Brady tied for No. 1 on ESPN’s list of starting quarterbacks ranked by anonymous NFL insiders. The New England Patriots quarterback tied with the Denver Broncos’ Peyton Manning, Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers and New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees. ESPN’s Mike Sando asked 26 anonymous NFL insiders (eight general managers, two former GMs, four pro personnel evaluators, seven coordinators, two head coaches, two position coaches and a top executive) to put each starting quarterback in a tier from one to five. Brady received 25 Tier 1 scores and one Tier 2 ranking — that pro personnel evaluator placed Manning as his lone Tier 1 QB. “Brady did a lot of good things with limited resources, but I saw holes when they put the onus on him to carry it all, as you saw when Denver beat him,” the pro personnel evaluator said. “Brady has to have more of a running game at this stage. He cannot line up with five wides and win it as consistently as before. I still think Brady is a top-five quarterback, but I would not say he is the best right now.” One offensive assistant ranked Brady as a Tier 1 quarterback because “he does it with the least every year.” Brady’s top targets last season were wide receivers Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins and running back Shane Vereen. ESPN.com stirred up controversy last month when it published an article by Pro Football Focus’ Sam Monson stating Brady no longer belongs in the Mount Rushmore of NFL starting quarterbacks. ESPN’s latest piece puts Brady where he rightly belongs: at the top.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

[/QUOTE]

Why does this man's opinion matter any more than anybody else's?  I think we (Pats fans) all agree that TB has what it takes to get it done.  Now, we just need him and his teammates to do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Surely No one here is doubting this....  

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/

[/QUOTE]

gonna have to talk Russ off the ledge

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In fairness to Rusty, he has never questioned that TB has the talent...he just feels that TB has underperformed in the playoffs, recently.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/07/tom-brady-tops-espns-list-of-qbs-ranked-by-anonymous-nfl-insiders/

Why does this man's opinion matter any more than anybody else's?  I think we (Pats fans) all agree that TB has what it takes to get it done.  Now, we just need him and his teammates to do it.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's not HIS opinion, It's the opinion of the 26 NFL execs.  He just posed the question.

C'mon

Earth to SPOCK!

That's exactly why I put that in bold.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's rather simple, without Brady we would be going 8-8 every one of the last five years. You want to point to the time we had a winning record with Cassel as the QB? Go right ahead and do that...that team had more talent than the one that we have seen the past five years. There is one common theme that has happened over the last five years...our defense has been one of the worst in the nfl over that period of time...and our offense has been one of the best. You can thank Brady for that.

Thank you Tom Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

he was elite.  He's still very good, but obviously shows his mortality when the OL fails to protect him from hits, hurries, pressures, and sacks.

He has a chance this year to get that "elite" status back, but come playoff time, will need help from the running game, the 2nd year WRs, the pass defense, the pass rush, TEs, and especially, the OL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In fairness to Rusty, he has never questioned that TB has the talent...he just feels that TB has underperformed in the playoffs, recently.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly and that is also a fact.  Brady has looked like mark sanchez in the recent postseasons, or at least in title games he absolutely has since 2007.

I do not care about stats either.  He is elite but i would bet that rodgers or brees would not be that bad in a title game at home that many times.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

They would if they had a crappy supporting cast. IE: defense. IE receivers. IE Porous O-line

Hell!  You even gave Rogers a pass cuz he had a bad D.  LMAO@U

Did they even make the play-offs?

And you blame Brady for EVERY loss, sometimes even wins, not just play-offs,

You even blame his wife!  FOOL

MORE WITH LESS!  Yup.  FACT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

As much as you guys hate Rusty for his views on Brady, he's right. Brady has been mediocre in the playoffs recently. Mostly AFC title games. Who gives a rat's butt if he has kickass stats in the regular season? He and the offensive line need to stop being the catalyst for bad performances in the playoff losses. They need to step it up! This team is far too talented this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

As much as you guys hate Rusty for his views on Brady, he's right. Brady has been mediocre in the playoffs recently. Mostly AFC title games. Who gives a rat's butt if he has kickass stats in the regular season? He and the offensive line need to stop being the catalyst for bad performances in the playoff losses. They need to step it up! This team is far too talented this year.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree. The simple fact remains that if we didn't have Brady we wouldn't even reach the games you mention. And I can't think of one single quarterback in the NFL that had less talent to work with than him last year....add in one of the worst defenses in football and I fail to see how he has been "mediocre" in the playoffs. Someone made a nice thread about Brady's post season performance a few weeks ago and it broke down each game he played in, how he performed and the end result...it was very fair and interesting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree. The simple fact remains that if we didn't have Brady we wouldn't even reach the games you mention. And I can't think of one single quarterback in the NFL that had less talent to work with than him last year....add in one of the worst defenses in football and I fail to see how he has been "mediocre" in the playoffs. Someone made a nice thread about Brady's post season performance a few weeks ago and it broke down each game he played in, how he performed and the end result...it was very fair and interesting.

[/QUOTE]

I believe this is the one you are talking about... My look at TB's postseasons from 2007-pres.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/taking-a-hard-look-at-bradya-postseason-2007-pres-/100/7175301

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly and that is also a fact.  Brady has looked like mark sanchez in the recent postseasons, or at least in title games he absolutely has since 2007.

I do not care about stats either.  He is elite but i would bet that rodgers or brees would not be that bad in a title game at home that many times.

[/QUOTE]

Congrats! You just compared our Hall of Fame quarterback to one of the worst quarterbacks in football. Let's fast forward to when I'm going to bring this up again - how you compared Brady to Sanchez - this is how it will go...I never said that, this is why you are a liar...this is your passive aggressive behavior...you take three words I wrote and twist them into lies...show me where I said I compared Brady to Sanchez (which will be impossible when your account gets deleted in a few weeks from your moronic behavior).

I'm just glad we have you around to remind all of us what stupid looks like.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no we. - meaning a huge multitude - don't like Rusty because he is an egomaniac who thinks he is the smartest man in any room he walks into - in addition to his name calling, personal attacks and judging people by their age, wallet or job status rather than the validity of their opinions

I mean what - he's been banned 20 times for his likable personality?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brady is elite. That is why the Patriots have a strong team.
    Manning is elite. That is why the Broncos are a strong team.
    Seattle's D is elite. That is why the Seahawks are a strong team.
    San Fran's D is elite. That is why the 49ers are a strong team.

None of these teams are dominant because they are weak in other areas. Without Brady the Patriots get exposed. If you take away Seattle's or SF's defense they stink. This isn't rocket science.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Opinions, opinions, a cup of coffee for opinions.  As I have said many, many times, for as many that place TB on a lower scale (not many, I must add) many more still put him up there.  For what it is worth, some opinions are given to generate discussion and headlines.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

More to the story.

In an NFL Insider piece, ESPN's Mike Sando digs deep into ranking every starting NFL quarterback Insider.

Brady
    There are four tiers in total, and the top tier consists of five quarterbacks. A familiar face is one of four quarterbacks tied for first in the rankings, as the New England Patriots' Tom Brady received a 1.04 rating from a poll of 26 league insiders (general managers, coaches, personnel men, etc.), a rating matched by Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

Just one out of the 26 voters gave Brady a vote lower than "1" (the highest score on the 1-5 scale), representing a league-wide perception of how he is viewed.

One offensive assistant shared this sentiment with Sando, "Brady might be the best because he does it with the least every year, just about. To me, there is no falloff with that guy. If he played with what Rodgers and Peyton and Brees have played with, it would not even be close.

Yup, more with less!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I see Pezz got to it first, but from the same article:

One offensive assistant shared this sentiment with Sando, "Brady might be the best because he does it with the least every year, just about. To me, there is no falloff with that guy. If he played with what Rodgers and Peyton and Brees have played with, it would not even be close."

All those who think Brady fails in the playoffs need to read this closely. Especially when Gronk is out, Brady has pretty weak offensive weapons around him.  I know that's not popular among many here, but it's the truth . . . and real NFL personnel people recognize it. 

The offense is as good as it is for two reasons:  Brady and excellent coaching.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the entire NFL universe including management, players, coaches and fans understand Bradys prolonged greatness, except for 1 moron (hello Doug). That same universe also understands the surrounding talent shortcomings, again except for 1 moron. 

the comp to Sanchez is interesting. Sanchez went to 2 AFCCCG in his first 4 years with surrounding talent like Plax, Jones, Holmes, Keller and a stud OL. Once Sanchez lost the surrounding talent, he was a bum. Brady loses surrounding talent, and still wins double digit games

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I agree that Brady has done more with less so is Brady better than Rodgers and Peyton and Brees and it's not even close or is the surrounding talent better than it's given credit for, meaning the defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The only reason why a few fools continue to even question Brady being the greatest ever is due to Belichick's cluelessness at constructing a complete team.....you know the type that wins championships.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The people have spoken!

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I just don't understand why it's so important to some fans that Brady is hailed as the best ever, one of the best, elite or whichever superlative is used or not.

Who cares what this person or that person thinks.  

I just want to see the TEAM win another title soon.  I could care less if Brady receives all the kudos, some or none.

Why are people obsessed with this?  It's like that can't sleep at night if Brady isn't loved or appreciated by all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree that Brady has done more with less so is Brady better than Rodgers and Peyton and Brees and it's not even close or is the surrounding talent better than it's given credit for, meaning the defense.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The only thing the D has been middle of the pack in is points against.  21-23 points given up IS middle of the pack, not great or terrible.

It's when they keep the O off the field, with their horrendous third down D and passes of 20+, 30+ 40+ to infinity, that's the dagger.

This D has been extremely bad at that and are being manipulated by more and more teams in that manner.

If you haven't noticed, we now have 2 new starting CB's. (pretty good ones)  There is a reason for that and the reason is past failure.

It certainly isn't to sell seats.

It's because 20 minutes on the field for the O, isn't enough.

Sections
Shortcuts