Brady is on pace for...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Brady is on pace for...

The least amount of rushing attempts of his carreer. Please don't throw a tantrum accussing me of wanting TB to be a running quarterback. I'm only comparing him to himself. With the amount of man-coverage he's seeing this year, you'd think his attempts should be up.

I'd like to see him take more advantage of those easy yards when teams press the wr's and drop their linebackers and safeties to double Wes and Gronk.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Re: Brady is on pace for...

In Response to Re: Brady is on pace for...:
    I agree completely. If you take a look at his fumble int he shotgun the other night, if he tucked it earlier and conceded, he's nto fumbling or risking a fumble. I get it. Stuff happens, but he waits too long for the perfect play.  I cringe every time I see that shotgun collapse after about 3 seconds and he's about to hesitate. Just run! The days in 2006 of him juking Urlacher are long gone and don't have to be.. I get he's tweaked about his knee, but how is standing in the shotgun with the pocket collapsing on his legs better? He needs to watch tape on Rodgers. I get Rodgers is younger, etc, but Rodgers just takes what the D gives him. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I guess Brady could look to run a bit more than he has in the past, but at the very least he needs to roll out of the pocket and if nothing is there throw it away.  I think his internal clock could use some adjusting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yeah, I've noticed that he's been a little more subject to the strip sack this year than in the past.  Not sure I want him doing a whole lot of scrambling though.  The internal clock adjustment thing seems to make the most sense.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommythetulip. Show tommythetulip's posts

Why should Brady be playing at Rodgers' level? Rodgers is just entering his prime, while Brady is nearing the point in his career where players start to decline.  Rodgers has much better receivers at his disposal, doesn't have a horrendous knee injury in his history and is quicker and more athletic than Tom ever was.  There's too much speed in the NFL these days; the fact that Brady has been this successful essentially being a statue in the pocket speaks volumes about how good of a QB he is.  Eventually, though, the baton needs to be passed on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why should Brady be playing at Rodgers' level? ...Rodgers is just entering his prime, while Brady is nearing the point in his career where players start to decline......  Posted by tommythetulip

Comparing apples and oranges here.
    First, Rodgers is having an amazing season, he has a cadre of receivers Brady would salivate to have and the team is healthy.  Besides, who has challenged Rodgers to step up his game?  He has been on cruise control, but, not his fault.  Blame the schedule.
    Second.. let's see Rodgers do this for a few more seasons.  For all we know, this season could be a once and done, a career year afterwhich he does good, but not spectacular numbers!  The stars are in align for him right now.  Lets' see Rodgers pull this type of season off when he is 30 (Brady in 2007?) 33 or 34 like Brady has these last two seasons.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommythetulip. Show tommythetulip's posts

False.  Brady is the reigning MVP. Brady had his best year last year when they dealt Moss. Brady has a healthier Welker, more experienced Gronkandez, healthier Branch, a better O Line, etc. You're making another excuse. And I don't think he needs to be as stellar as Rodgers is, just somewhat closer to that level. Is this a lot to ask? If Brady is so good, where is it over 4 qtrs? Is it a lot to ask for him to be how he was in the Oakland or first Jets games? I get the D's from Dallas, Pitt or NYGs can be perceived as strong, but the Jets D is supposedly strong and KC's is beaten up. He's been far too inconsitent. Your'e kidding yourself if this happens in January that we'll win. QB league and he needs to AT LEAST match the other QB during games, not be absent for entire halves. Even if we just play the field positiion game in the 1st qtr, that's ok. I think the last 2 games is a good example of this, where that aspect is improving, but acting like the worst timed INTs, sometimes 2 times over, or constant missed chances is a good thing? BJGE = Starks Welker = Jennings Branch  = Driver Gronk = Finley Hernandez />Quarless Ochco can absolutely = />Jones And we haven't even hit the Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen potential for Brady either as compared to John Kuhn. Our D is overall better than GBs and our offense on paper is an equal. Different here and there in skill set with personnel, but very much an equal. No more excuses.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Ocho "can" be better than Jones? Then why hasn't he?

??? = Jordy Nelson

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Rushing, running, season hasn't arrived yet. It doesn't start until the ground hardens up and receivers can't make their cuts. In Chicago running season starts this week. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady is having the 3rd best passer rating of his career.

He is currently second only to Rodgers' best ever passer rating.

He is on pace for 40 TDs. Only 5 times in history has a QB thrown for as many as 40 TDs.

His passing yards per game are the second most in history at this time (passed by Brees this week).

His INT% is no worse than three of his previous seasons.

And you want to jeopardize that with more running which he stinks at?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Hey King just for the Record what team do you like?  I use to think that you were a Pats fan but I have never known a Pats fan to HATE Tom Brady the way you do.  Earlier you post on a Thread about Defense and the first thing you brought up was 4 INTs in the Bills game, what does that have to do with Defense?  For the last three weeks you have been hammering TB every day.  Please let us know your who team is so we can know who we are talking to?

Thanks for your hatred

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Crusty is right Brady has become Bledsoe although Drew in his last couple years was better.Brady just locks onto a target like he did with Moss and ignores 75 % of the plays and players and just stands there.The point of it is the pats  offence is a top 3 on paper and at this point there is atleast 10 quarterbacks who could run it better than Tom,not because they are better but that Brady turns the playbook into 5 plays if he can.For the love of christ he is 34 not 24 there is no way opposing teams should know what he is going to do before he does it.
    Posted by Mybologna

Why would anyone care about Brady's running stats. If he is running we are in trouble. Quarterback, best in the league..lets leave it at that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Brady is on pace for... : Why would anyone care about Brady's running stats. If he is running we are in trouble. Quarterback, best in the league..lets leave it at that.
    Posted by gmbill

Amen. What are we talking about here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

We're talking about defenses starting to play Brady the way they played Favre at the end of his career...They take for granted that he will never run no matter how much room he has or how covered his recievers are.

Again, I'm not comparing him to anyone but himself. His rushing attempts are down and I don't think they should be. He's seeing more man-coverage than he ever has, so he should have more, not less, opportunities to pick-up easy yards on the ground.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

4th and short.  That's all we need from him in the running game.  By the way it always works.  I believe a few weeks ago BJGE got stuffed on 4th and short.  Great call O'Brien.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

4th and short.  That's all we need from him in the running game.  By the way it always works.  I believe a few weeks ago BJGE got stuffed on 4th and short.  Great call O'Brien.
    Posted by tcal2-

Has Brady ever failed when he keeps it on a 4th and short? I don't recall it ever happening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Only time I can think of is when sexyrexy called the timeout in Baltimore...So even then it didn't count.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Brady is on pace for... : Has Brady ever failed when he keeps it on a 4th and short? I don't recall it ever happening.
    Posted by digger0862

Not that I can think of digger.  That's why the BJGE handoff a few weeks ago (I forget which game) shocked me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Only time I can think of is when sexyrexy called the timeout in Baltimore...So even then it didn't count.
    Posted by e4smith

And Brady said he heard the whistle and let up. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Brady is having the 3rd best passer rating of his career. He is currently second only to Rodgers' best ever passer rating. He is on pace for 40 TDs. Only 5 times in history has a QB thrown for as many as 40 TDs. His passing yards per game are the second most in history at this time (passed by Brees this week). His INT% is no worse than three of his previous seasons. And you want to jeopardize that with more running which he stinks at?
    Posted by BabeParilli

Finally some logic! That's a fresh relief on this board.

As you've all seemed to have overlooked is that the Patriots won the last two games 71-19. Just because they haven't played well in the first half doesn't mean that they are struggling and need to change anything. They've played well overall and won each of the last two games decisively.

@OP- I agree, I think Tom needs to run more. I'm not saying he should be running like Christain Ponder but just here and there for a few yards then get down. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

"Finally some logic!"

The problem with this type of logic is that it precludes anyone from seeing a problem coming...ever. Imagine someone at Lehman brothers tried to warn his bosses about the housing bubble and they run off a laundry list of how housing is outperforming every other area of the market and making them loads of money.

This isn't actually logic at all. It's convenient; it's rationalization; it's deflection; but it's not logic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

"Finally some logic!" The problem with this type of logic is that it precludes anyone from seeing a problem coming...ever. Imagine someone at Lehman brothers tried to warn his bosses about the housing bubble and they run off a laundry list of how housing is outperforming every other area of the market and making them loads of money. This isn't actually logic at all. It's convenient; it's rationalization; it's deflection; but it's not logic.
    Posted by e4smith

No. What you are saying here is bad logic. Having tremendous statistics cannot mask a lack of ability on Brady's part. Lehman literally cooked their books up, Brady is not making fictional yardage after the game. He's played tremendous this season, even against some very tough defenses, and with a running game that has been very spotty, and a group of WRs (not TEs) who have been spotty as well. All through tendon damage in his throwing arm.

If Rogers weren't sleepwalking through the easiest schedule a team like that has faced in recent memory, Brady would be fast-tracked for another MVP.

He is NOT the problem for this team. He executes at a higher level more often than anyone on the team, and the only player that is close is Welker. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

They cetrainly cooked the books when they saw things going bad, but if you are suggesting that Lehman's entire involvement in the housing bubble was a fraudulent conspiracy, then I think you are oversimplifying things. For starters, the housing bubble was much bigger than Lehman; they were simply one player riding the wave.

Regardless, I should have known better than to confuse one argument with another. So let me stick to football. My argument is that the A. QB scramble is one of the biggest weaknesses to man coverage because the QB is not accounted for. B. Brady is running less this year than he ever has in his career. C. Therefore, Brady is contributing to teams' ability to play man and double coverage against his receivers.

My criticism of the counter-argument that Brady has great numbers this year is that it doesn't address the problem. For one, he has had other great statistical years where he was willing to take easy yards when available. Second, this type of reasoning in general discourages foresight. My concern isn't that Brady is having a bad year, but that as more defenses catch on to his tendencies, they will become better at stopping him...His past three playoff games have suggested that the good ones already have.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Apparently Tom was thinking the same thing. Had a couple of well-timed scrambles for easy yards...Makes teams think twice about playing press-coverage on 3rd and 4.

Sections
Shortcuts