Brady is PISSED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Brady is PISSED

Pissed because Welker is gone? Or pissed that he will have to work harder to get chemistry going with his new receivers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Brady should be pissed. Welker is the only recevier who can actaully stay on the field. Say all you want about dropped balls, atleast he is in the game to try and catch them, not injured on teh dide lines.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Too bad. The change will be good. TB will man up and deliver. Look what he did in 2006 with mediroce WRs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Pissed because Welker is gone? Or pissed that he will have to work harder to get chemistry going with his new receivers?

When was Brady shy of work? He restructured his contract so the Pats has more cap space, and all the club came up with,  for Welker,  his primary weapon. is a 2 years 10 millions offer ? What is the point for him to restructure?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jk02138. Show jk02138's posts

Brady has a right to be pissed. His response should not be to work his b*tt off, but demand a trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

well more just went to his replacement who averages 11 games a year. Feel better now?

Well, I thought it would take at least 8-9 million (30-35% of the cap) in order to sign Welker, which is too much IMO

Six mill is a different story. I was as surprised as anyone by the low number. Just 25% of the cap room, and it leaves plenty to sign other FAs

So, yeah, I'm okay with giving it to Amendola. (I'd have given it to Welker too)

And PS as long as he is available to play in January and February, I can live with Amendola missing a few games in season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Michael Silver wrote that Brady felt burned by the Pats not coming through to make sure Welker, one of his offensive weapon, is retained on the team. There is an additional  issue. Brady and Welker has worked togther for so long (and I did not know that Welker had  already spent time in LA working with Brady this off season , this is from Silver's article in Yahoo) and they know each other's game so well that Brady can quickly dump the ball off in Welker's direction to avoid being hit and injured by the opposing defense players when he cannot find an open man. This instanteous and close relationship and trust still needs time to develop between Amendola and Brady. Meanwhile the Pats have lost Donald Thomas from the O-line and we do not know whether Vollmer will re-sign. Woodhead, who is pretty good in picking up the blitz, unlike Ridley or Vereen, also has not been re-signed. All these factors may increase the vulnerbility of Brady to injury. If Brady is unhappy, he may have good reasons to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Michael Silver wrote that Brady felt burned by the Pats not coming through to make sure Welker, one of his offensive weapon, is retained on the team. There is an additional  issue. Brady and Welker has worked togther for so long (and I did not know that Welker had  already spent time in LA working with Brady this off season , this is from Silver's article in Yahoo) and they know each other's game so well that Brady can quickly dump the ball off in Welker's direction to avoid being hit and injured by the opposing defense players when he cannot find an open man. This instanteous and close relationship and trust still needs time to develop between Amendola and Brady. Meanwhile the Pats have lost Donald Thomas from the O-line and we do not know whether Vollmer will re-sign. Woodhead, who is pretty good in picking up the blitz, unlike Ridley or Vereen, also has not been re-signed. All these factors may increase the vulnerbility of Brady to injury. If Brady is unhappy, he may have good reasons to be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tom-brady-should-feel-burned-by-patriots-passing-on-wes-welker-for-danny-amendola--001926254.html#more-id

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

When was Brady shy of work? He restructured his contract so the Pats has more cap space, and all the club came up with,  for Welker,  his primary weapon. is a 2 years 10 millions offer ? What is the point for him to restructure?

[/QUOTE]

ever since he married jizzelle

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

It's just business. Look, WW had phenominal stats during the past 6 regular seasons. In the playoffs he disappears. Low production and several key dropped passes. Gang, his best days are behind him. Lets take that WW $$$ and get some top notch players on the defensive side of the ball!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Brady did get burned.  Don't you think that part of the reason he took the pay cut was so that the team could pay Welker which didn't happen? 

I am wondering if Brady's going to take a mental break next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Couple of comments.

I can find no authoritative reference anywhere to Brady making his restructuring contingent on  the Pats re-signing Wes Welker.  If there is such a link or quote I'd like to see it.

Interesting take on the Amendola signing:  http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/3/13/4101564/five-thoughts-on-the-patriots-signing-of-danny-amendola

We conitinue to see the uninformed make reference to how cheap the Pats are and yet the facts (stubborn things, those) reflect that they perennially spend close to the cap.  

With Wes Welker the Pats had the highest scoring offense in the league last year and it got them how far?  Perhaps a little less offense and a more effective defense is in order.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

COME ON MAN!

Brady did not take less money to help the team.  He restructured it to become more Cap Friendly.  I also think he comes out better financially in the long run as well.

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.  LOL

From Reiss  3/22/2012

"Brady doesn't have his salary reduced, he just receives the money in a different form."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7721922/tom-brady-restructures-deal-creates-cap-room-new-england-patriots-source-says

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Brady did get burned.  Don't you think that part of the reason he took the pay cut was so that the team could pay Welker which didn't happen? 

I am wondering if Brady's going to take a mental break next year.

LOL get your facts straight.  Brady would have done the restucture no matter what.  He got alot more of the money guareented which is all that matters.  Yea he took a "paycut" for money that was NOT guareented and they could have cut him and he would have never seen that money.

Ever heard the saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?  Brady did the deal to help himself just as much as the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

Also, I look at the guarantee $$, WW 12M vs DA 10M.....looks to me over the next two years DA is cheaper.  If he pans out to be the next WW then great, if not the Pats can cut and move on.  Everyone always is saying its the guarantee $$ thats important.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to mpb2008's comment:

Also, I look at the guarantee $$, WW 12M vs DA 10M.....looks to me over the next two years DA is cheaper.  If he pans out to be the next WW then great, if not the Pats can cut and move on.  Everyone always is saying its the guarantee $$ thats important.

What's Amendola getting in salary per year.  If Amendola get 2 in the first year and 2 in the second, then that's 14 mill vs. 12. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Brady being pissed is just a media driven "hype" story that get's out of hand really quick. So for someone to say he's "pissed" is just a load of crap.

He will eventually address the media on this issue, and it will go like this:

Brady will say it's tough to lose a guy like Wes with his produtcion, but this is a business, and we will just have to move forward. He'll add that he has nothing to do with the personell decisions, and that he wishes nothing but the best to Wes......end of story.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Brady being pissed is just a media driven "hype" story that get's out of hand really quick. So for someone to say he's "pissed" is just a load of crap.

He will eventually address the media on this issue, and it will go like this:

Brady will say it's tough to lose a guy like Wes with his produtcion, but this is a business, and we will just have to move forward. He'll add that he has nothing to do with the personell decisions, and that he wishes nothing but the best to Wes......end of story.

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Why would he be pissed. Pats made a whole hearted effort to bring back wes

Hahaha!! I stopped after reading this!! Whole hearted???

As it stands now no way the Patriots get past Denver!!  BB better do some serious shopping right freaking now!!!

Belichick and the Patriots are too damn cheap for their own good!  I feel this is going to come to bite them in the ass!!

You are referencing the release of Lawyer Malloy right?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Via Curran:

Spoke to someone close to Brady. Beyond enraged at details that netted Broncos Wes Welker. "Disgrace" "disservice" used

BB doesn't answer to TB on personnel.  End of story.

And Wes Welker and the Pat's are ready to sign a 4 year 30 million dollar deal! These guys talk to the guy that parked Bradys car last night and print it like it's fact! No one knows if BB mislead Brady or if Brady is pissed because WE WEREN'T THERE and neither was Curran. His job is to get clicks and sell papers and get people to tune in - if accuracy suffers so be it.

We have no idea what BB's plan is or how TB feels about all of this. Until it all plays out, I'm holding judgement. You folks really should stop listening these fools.

Sections
Shortcuts