Brady is the man

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Brady is the man

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure if this link has been posted or not.  Some pretty amazing stats. Just don't tell Rusty....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/12/04/tom-brady-mvp/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

[/QUOTE]

We are witnessing something truly amazing with this guy, yet Rusty doesn't see it. Kind of makes me laugh that he expects to be taken seriously on this board when he comes out and says Brady needs to get off the crack pipe (after he threw an interception on Sunday).

The guy talks about being rational and then makes a statement like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a shocker!! Another thread where everybody professes their man love for Brady.Give it a rest boys you're embarrassing yourselves.

Yes Brady will go down as one of the best but his legacy will always be tarnished with the ugly and disgusting **'s next to his name.

Thank goodness he won those SB's what seems like 10 years ago before Spygate.Since Spygate the pats haven't won anything and are becoming the Bills of the 90's right before our very eyes.

Go ahead and act like Spygate never happened. But it did and the pats haven't won the big one since and never will again.

So it is said so it shall be!

[/QUOTE]

You mad bro?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not sure if this link has been posted or not.  Some pretty amazing stats. Just don't tell Rusty....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/12/04/tom-brady-mvp/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

[/QUOTE]

We are witnessing something truly amazing with this guy, yet Rusty doesn't see it. Kind of makes me laugh that he expects to be taken seriously on this board when he comes out and says Brady needs to get off the crack pipe (after he threw an interception on Sunday).

The guy talks about being rational and then makes a statement like that.

[/QUOTE]

it almost makes you wonder if its just the mods playing around and keeping the board active so people can come and clown him. Think about it, he is the only one here all day almost every day and has  mulitiple accounts so who could do that besided a team of moderators???   Idk,have to check it out...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like the mods have come to their senses and unbanned me.

[/QUOTE]

What's up Buddy boy? Hows the faith?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"teams that win the turnover battle typically win 80 percent of all NFL games."

There's your SB bottom line.

"Brady's deadly efficiency and his ability to protect the football is probably the greatest reason behind New England's ability win so consistently year after year."

And you thought it was brilliant coaching.

[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing but both of the (only) turnovers in the last Super Bowl were Tom Brady's fault, not Belichicks...  I'd still say the offensive gameplan was flawed and just as much at fault.

[/QUOTE]

I would protest that the safety was all on Brady.

You may be right about the game plan. And the complete lack of turnovers from the D was a major factor. Bit of bad luck there as they did cause a couple of fumbles. And of course the 12 man penalty was inexcusable.

[/QUOTE]

The offsides on Nink was pretty rough too. No disrespect to the Giants but the Pats just weren't very sharp that day.

[/QUOTE]

True dat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ignoring the attempts at disruption from the QB-deprived swamp-dwellers, Tom Brady is in a class by himself as a quarterback and in enlite company as a professional athlete.  At the risk of dating myself, I have to put him alongside Bill Russell in the pantheon of Boston sports deity.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Brady's deadly efficiency and his ability to protect the football is probably the greatest reason behind New England's ability win so consistently year after year."

[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing but both of the (only) turnovers in the last Super Bowl were Tom Brady's fault, not Belichicks...  I'd still say the offensive gameplan was flawed and just as much at fault.

[/QUOTE]

You may be right about the game plan. And the complete lack of turnovers from the D was a major factor. Bit of bad luck there as they did cause a couple of fumbles. And of course the 12 man penalty was inexcusable.

[/QUOTE]

It was a stupid play. Max protect, 2TE ... they came out in running formation and then sent just two or three guys out to catch the ball. It didn't work against the Giants the first time they played (they were in some kind of jumbo "lets run it" formation for most of the first half that game) and I don't know why they thought it might work the second time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Can't blame the INT on Brady either.  Gronk got to the spot first and then just stood there.  Plus Brady was about to get levelled.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't blame the INT on Brady either.  Gronk got to the spot first and then just stood there.  Plus Brady was about to get levelled.

[/QUOTE]

I've been torn on that play. But I would throw that pass every time. 

Even a hobbled Gronkowski should be able to come back and jump for it ... there was only him and a LBer and he should have broken it up. 

I think he could have put the ball closer to his TE on the safety ... but it was a stupid call anyhow. 

I absolutely cannot stand max protect. It's like the worst of both worlds. Lets pass ... but do so defensively??? Lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was a stupid play. Max protect, 2TE ... they came out in running formation and then sent just two or three guys out to catch the ball. It didn't work against the Giants the first time they played (they were in some kind of jumbo "lets run it" formation for most of the first half that game) and I don't know why they thought it might work the second time. 

[/QUOTE]

If you look at the film from the regular season Giants game last year, it's odd.  The Pats started in almost the same situation (backed up to their own five yard line) and came out in nearly the exact same formation with the same personnel as they did in the Super Bowl.  In the regular season, they handed the ball to BJGE for a decent gain.  In the Super Bowl, they went play action.  I think they were hoping to catch the Giants over-reacting to the run on that play based on what they had seen in the previous game.  It just didn't work. The Giants weren't fooled and dropped into max coverage.  Vollmer then failed to hold his block on Tuck and it was all downhill from there. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Give the Giants punter some credit.  He consistently handed us horrible field position.  Kind of like Josh Miller did to the Eagles in 2004.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You do know this writer was previously the food and beverage writer for the Boston Herald, right?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

You do know this writer was previously the food and beverage writer for the Boston Herald, right?

And Jack Kerouac once worked as a gas station attendent

Kurt Vonnegut sold Saabs

Your point? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Byrne is almost always right. The opposite of you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you look at the film from the regular season Giants game last year, it's odd.  The Pats started in almost the same situation (backed up to their own five yard line) and came out in nearly the exact same formation with the same personnel as they did in the Super Bowl.  In the regular season, they handed the ball to BJGE for a decent gain.  In the Super Bowl, they went play action.  I think they were hoping to catch the Giants over-reacting to the run on that play based on what they had seen in the previous game.  It just didn't work. The Giants weren't fooled and dropped into max coverage.  Vollmer then failed to hold his block on Tuck and it was all downhill from there. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think we've already noticed this. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a dumb response.  Are any of the facts he mentioned incorrect??  No.  So since you can't argue the facts, you attack who wrote the piece.  Way to sink to Rusty's level.  You are no better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's laughable that only Rusty and his 15 accounts don't appreciate Brady's consistent greatness even with a below average defense impeding him week after week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think we've already noticed this. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind max protect ocassionally, but you do have to kind of wonder about a play like this when you've got Branch on the outside (who isn't going to beat anyone deep), a hobbled Gronk, and Welker whose primary talent is getting open quickly.  I think they were totally relying on the Giants defense making a mistake and biting on the run fake.  When that didn't happen, the play just fell apart.  If Vollmer had been able to hold his block longer, it's possible Welker would have been open or maybe BJGE.  As it is, once Vollmer lost control of Tuck, the play crumbled too quickly for Brady to have any options but tossing the ball downfield and hoping he didn't get the call against him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If you can only get 4 seconds out of max protect you shoild probably not bother with it.

Sections
Shortcuts