Brady Just Gave Up On That INT....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I realize he might have been protecting himself, but it bothered me a little that he didn't even try....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Re: Brady Just Gave Up On That INT....

Come on Pats. Let's pick it up. Does anyone else think we need some new coaches? (NOT talking about BB)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You realize the score would be 52 to nothing if not for Brady tonight and every night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Just Gave Up On That INT....:
    You realize the score would be 52 to nothing if not for Brady tonight and every night.
    Posted by mthurl

and, yet, that's not the score...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Brady is worth much more then 1 int for a TD. Why risk an injury when you have confidence you can get the score right back?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Bubba, are you seriously mad at that? How about you look at his 400+ yards to go along with 3 touchdowns and how much he meants to this team, and then think about your rationale how he should be sprinting, trying to tackle a lineman downfield. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. Not to mention he's not fast enough to catch a guy who's already 10 yards ahead of him. Leave that up to the wide receivers and backs to catch him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Bubba, are you seriously mad at that? How about you look at his 400+ yards to go along with 3 touchdowns and how much he meants to this team, and then think about your rationale how he should be sprinting, trying to tackle a lineman downfield. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. Not to mention he's not fast enough to catch a guy who's already 10 yards ahead of him. Leave that up to the wide receivers and backs to catch him.
    Posted by IrishMob7

Not mad....just disappointed. Besides, the score and his stats  were different at the time of the INT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Why in the blue *ell would Brady risk getting hurt? Waste of post. You see what happened to the Chargers kicker!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Brady Just Gave Up On That INT....:
    Why in the blue *ell would Brady risk getting hurt? Waste of post. You see what happened to the Chargers kicker!
    Posted by FLY2K

no, you're a towel.....lol

dude lighten up. that's what I said in my original post. still sad to see him NOT EVEN TRY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey bubba, do you need Tom to throw for 1000 thousand yards tonight for you to be happy? Because he probably could, but if you want him to catch a guy that is 10 yards ahead of him, and a guy that out weighs him by 60 pounds..you might have to wait a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I was really bothered with Brady's 500+ yds and 4 td's.  If this guy doesn't get his act together the Pats may need to bench him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You were right the first time.  You realized he was just protecting himself.  Please consult the depth chart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

I realize he might have been protecting himself, but it bothered me a little that he didn't even try....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I see what you're saying, and I'm not going to gloss over it by saying "he's Tom Brady" or pointing to his great night.  But realistically, he's the slowest runner on the team and doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of catching the Miami player.  He's more likely to pull a hamstring than actually prevent a touchdown, and Branch was already in hot pursuit.  That's why I don't mind Brady letting up there. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Bubba, I thought the same thing, he took a step or two and just topped. He will get a tongue lashing from BB. This team has never priortized any player above the team and unfortunately that includes TB...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think he would have gone for it if he thought he could catch him, who says he didn't see Branch already at full steam going in that direction.

I saw the replay and didn't think he could catch him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

On the bright side, it pissed Brady off and that is never a good thing for the opposition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I think he would have gone for it if he thought he could catch him, who says he didn't see Branch already at full steam going in that direction. I saw the replay and didn't think he could catch him.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

+1
    He took more than a step or two.  He's just too slow and realized he was going to catch him.  Plus, as many have said, why risk it?  Pretty sure every one in here would be screaming W.T.F if he had gotten hurt.
    Branch on the other hand was absolutely flying and made a great tackle. Awesome play!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

why would Brady risk injury when the Patriots already had a one-touchdown lead?  When he's the most important player on the team?

seriously.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

LMFA O @ Bubba ... You said Laura Baroney would have more yards than A.P. LOL ahhh the stuff you hear on bdc. Just last week some moron was saying Meri. was the second best FS in the NFL. Why in the world would you want Brady risking even pulling a hamstring , nevermind chasing down someone who outweighs him 60-70 lb? What's worse is that you actually made a thread about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I think Brady was as surprised as the rest of us that the ball dropped right into that guys hands like the winning lottery ticket.  By the time Brady realized what had happened, that guy was already off and running.  And as we all know, Brady couldn't catch a turtle, so no, I don't want him to try.  I'd rather see him stick by his O line and not get clobberknockered trying to run someone down or going for a loose ball. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

Branch was flying past him within a couple of seconds of the INT - Brady sees him and stays out the way accordingly.

I bet he would have tried a little harder had he been the only man back there (although let's face it, there's no way he catches him?!?)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

we should trade brady for ryan mallett

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I realize he might have been protecting himself, but it bothered me a little that he didn't even try...."

If this is what sticks in your craw after your QB throws for the fifth most yards in NFL history, there isn't much we can do for you here, your brain is kinda broken I think, hopefully it's temporary

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Honestly, I think it's because he knew he couldn't catch him.  He starts running and then stops.  It's obvious that Odrick was putting more space between them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Hey bubba, do you need Tom to throw for 1000 thousand yards tonight for you to be happy? Because he probably could, but if you want him to catch a guy that is 10 yards ahead of him, and a guy that out weighs him by 60 pounds..you might have to wait a while.
    Posted by mthurl

MT, where did I say that? Hmmm, just double checked. Nope. I didn't write that. Like I said in the original thread, I'm sure that he was protecting himself, but he didn't even bother to try. In addition, there's always a chance players will get hurt on any play (like Welker, who busted up his knee - and NOONE TOUCHED HIM - just got injured making a cut). Mebbe we shouldn't play brady - just so we can protect him....lol Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts