Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5661743

This puts to rest the theories that Brady didn't know and had little say in the deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Re: Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade

He had to have. 

1. Moss requested a deal.
    2. Brady was asking for Branch 2 weeks ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I thought so too but some people thought Brady was left in the dark. Belichick isn't dumb and he wouldn't have done this without knowing his locker room leader was behind it. Brady was growing tired of having to pacify Moss publicly and that even when they won, he had to calm Moss down. That's what they mean by "cancer"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

There's no way this happens without Brady's initials. I'm not saying it's his decision but the decision isn't made unless he's signed off on it.

This was "probably" discussed as part of Brady's contract. I'm sure TB wanted to know what they were going to give him for the next four years before he agreed. I'm also sure the fact that Randy wasn't going to be re-signed was a topic for discussion. It just happend 12 weeks ahead of schedule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Not sure if any of you guys saw the Belichick presser yesterday but when asked about whether Tom had a say in the Moss deal, he gave one of his long, cold stares and said "Tom....is a player."

That shut them up SO FAST. Classic Bill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Moss made the decision in week 1. He made his statement and had his agent ask for the trade. Of course Brady knew that he was gone if possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

It's like a divorce. I bet Brady is relieved to some degree.  In an ideal world, Moss would be here, but Moss called the shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Of course Brady knew.  He felt the cold, sharp knife in his back as long ago as training camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade:
    There's no way this happens without Brady's initials. I'm not saying it's his decision but the decision isn't made unless he's signed off on it. This was "probably" discussed as part of Brady's contract. I'm sure TB wanted to know what they were going to give him for the next four years before he agreed. I'm also sure the fact that Randy wasn't going to be re-signed was a topic for discussion. It just happend 12 weeks ahead of schedule.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I agree with you on this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Isn't that tampering??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

Yea yea yea Moss was a monster what ever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night. The guy was loved by that locker room till he was traded and then all of a sudden he is a cancer? I dont buy it. And I didnt open the link cause I dont read or trust anything written by ESPN and no other self respecting Pats fan should either. (No offense to anyone thats just my opinion)
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Yeah, after their part in the Pats Witch Hunt I can't stomach ESPN's "news" content 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Isn't that tampering??
    Posted by NEGAME

Good question!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

MVP,

It's not he was a cancer, it's that he was doing things indirectly that would have become an issue.  It was a matter of time, because Moss chose to go in that direction.

You can't deny this.

It started on the podium. I specifically stated if that was the end of it, fine.  I'd give him a pass.

But, clearly, the antics on Monday night, the confrontation with O'Brien, the Week 2 2nd half where it was VERY CLEAR they regressed back to the 2009 offense which caused them to lose 3-5 games last year, was going to be a problem.

It's more of a philisopical/structural change, than it is Moss's fault. Again, it's like a divorce. People change and sometimes when that happens, the stars don't align.

Moss does not run all the routes.  Guess what?  Tate does. 

Sure, he's raw, but you start running a screen, a crossing route, an end around, a come back, and then a play action 60 yarder is a lot more likely in single coverage than a double covered Moss with your fingers crossed.  It was too predictable.

A good point was made by someoen recently, and that is, BB is seeing the Jets and Miami trying to draft or trade for CBs that can defend Moss.

So, what does BB do?  He drafts two lethal, young TEs, two TEs with talent Brady has never seen before, and now the Jets and Dolphins have to cover these guys with Welker, with Edelman, with Tate, etc.

How many times did people sit here last March and April saying "we don't use TEs".

I said: "why not???"

Well, here it is.  And it's the most balanced offense in potential, that we have seen here since 2004.  BJGE isn't Dillon, but he may be Antowain Smith.

Welker />Troy Brown
    Tate<Branch (for now)
    Crumpler/Gronk />Graham/Fauria
    Hernadez />David Givens
    Edelman is like a Gaffney from 2006 or 2007

Price is unlikely to do anything and is maybe not even needed. Same with Slater.

Slater = Bethel Johnson

And, this doesn't even count the idea of bringing in Deion Branch as a security blanket and a tutor on the Weis style offense.

Woodhead can channel Faulk. He's not proven, but the skill set appears to be there, and he appears to be more of a pain than Faulk to see over the line because he's smaller.

BJGE = A. Smith
    Taylor<Dillon
    S. Morris />Larry Centers

You can't cover Hernandez with a Safety one on one.  You can, and you better hope that Safety is fast and athletic.

But, if you use that Safety, who is doubling Welker?  Can the CB on Tate actually run with him? 

Who is on Edelman if they do go 5 wide? A dime back?  Good luck.

I think the bottom line is, people like Edelman, get open A LOT FASTER than Moss.

This means the O Line is less on an island all game long.

With the O Line being unfailry maligned here since SB 42, and a lot last year in 2009 with everyone wanting the 60 yard bomb to Moss so they can watch Sportscenter over and over, BB and O'Brien, and VERY LIKELY BRADY, all realized appeasing Moss as they try to change to WIN GAMES, will not work.

If Moss shut his mouth and deslt with the games he'd get nothing, that'd be another story.

His stats will produce more money next year.

If his stats don't come, he's not getting his 10 mil per at age 33.

Pretty simple.  The fact he was keeping it to himself and not acting up a lot in the locker room is fine, but why should O'Brien, Brady and the team walk on pins and needles this season?

And for the folks who are talking about Moss stretching the field?  That's great and everything, but they won't be needing a guy to do that as often because they won't run 60% spread when they pass.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Isn't that tampering??
    Posted by NEGAME

It's only tampering if MANAGEMENT is having discussions like that WITH a player from another team without asking for permission.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Here lies MVPKILLA
    born 1985 died 2075
    know for hating both
    espn and the colts
    lifelong Pats fan
    rest in peace

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

MVPkilla, you are dead right. Its the Boston Media doing their typical trash the player on their way out BS. Every good player that has left Boston, be it by trade or free agency. The media here feels a need to trash them. And I love this new spin that the Patriots are a better team without him. Yeah sure they are lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Of course we're trashing Moss.  He abandoned his team in the middle of the season.  He can eat sh*t and die.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Yea noncalcity, the funny thing is so many Pats fans say that and then turn around and tell me how much they love Mike Reiss or they will post a story they got off a ESPN web site. I am a very black and white person, if you say you hate ESPN then you shouldnt watch, listen, or read anything they have to say and if you do then your are a ESPN fan and should say so. No gray area. They dragged the Pats name through the mud and then when all their unproven speculation was proven wrong they didnt apologize or anything. Every night at 7 PM they would have NFL insiders or whatever its called and Cris Carter or Mark whatever his name is would talk about their OPINION on spygate but they would state their OPINION as if it were fact making millions of moronic ESPN followers who believe everything ESPN tells them think that the Pats cheated when the fact is the word cheat was never used by the NFL. Im not trying to open up spygate again but they had waited years to find a way to knock the Pats down for winning super bowls when by all means the Pats should have lost to the super star teams the ESPN people liked more and as soon as they got a chance to say "see we were not wrong all those times we picked against the Pats they were cheating!" they jumped all over it whether it was true or not. So I dont read, listen, or watch anything they say and I dont trust anything they say. Every single person working for ESPN is a hack who is only reporting what they are allowed to report. When I say I will hate something forever I mean it, i stick to it. I will hate the colts on my death bed, i will hate ESPN on my death bed and thats just the way i see it.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

MVP... You've got style. We need more like you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Of course we're trashing Moss.  He abandoned his team in the middle of the season.  He can eat sh*t and die.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Don't sugar-coat it, mighty.

Tell us how you really feel.

Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

MVPkilla, You are right ESPN is a complete joke.

themightpat, Didnt know that Moss traded himself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Yea well if our fan base didnt eat this sh*t up and believe every word of it they wouldnt print such trash but they know what sells papers, gets hits on web sites or boosts ratings in this town so they will continue to do it. But my post was mostly a shot at ESPN and the fans who use ESPN as a source not really a shot at local media all though you are right to lump them in as Boston sports coverage has become a joke. But mainly my beef is with fans who say "yea ESPN is evil, they are a joke" and then turn around and go read a Mike Reiss story and use it like its not trash. ESPN = trash whether it be regular ESPN or ESPN Boston.com or ESPN L.A.com i dont care what branch of ESPN it is they are all trash.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I read and watch and listen to EVERYTHING NFL and that includes ESPN!!  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean we're stupid for watching. Your still pi**ed over that spygate crap. For god's sake move on!!!!!! You must live in a very narrow little world.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

and you hate ESPN for Spygate?? why don't you hate the person who caused the whole problem-- arrogrant Bill Belichick. don't tell me he didn't know what he was doing would be frowned upon. I'm sick of everybody trying to prtend this was ok. It wasn't and it was an embarrasment to all those wonderful players and the entire organization.

As much as I hate what Belichick did, I still love him as the Patriots coach and wouldn't want anyother.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Don't be naive Taz.  Moss has been whining for months about his contract - the one he signed only two years ago.  He didn't care about the team, all he cared about was money and wanted out.  We should have just cut him and not dignified it with a 3rd round pick.  Better yet, we should have given Minny a 3rd round pick to take that scum bag off our hands.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Don't be naive Taz.  Moss has been whining for months about his contract - the one he signed only two years ago.  He didn't care about the team, all he cared about was money and wanted out.  We should have just cut him and not dignified it with a 3rd round pick.  Better yet, we should have given Minny a 3rd round pick to take that scum bag off our hands.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

are you Willie or Seau, I hope you're Willie

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'm sure the locker room was unsettled with the scuttlebutt going on around Moss, particularly with the surliness.  Let's face it: Vince Wilfork is a class act; did it right.  However, I'm over it.  The people from Oakland were quite right about a lot of stuff,pertaining to Moss...were tons of posts made about the attitude(s), etc... not too long, ago.  We stuck up for Moss; enjoyed a good season; lots of thrills.

Sections
Shortcuts