Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade

If I my add my two cents.

Moss was not selected by his teammates to be a captain.  Last year captain this year not.  The worm obviously turned in the locker room.

Sorry killa but I totally disagree with you.  Moss defiantly pulled a Manny to get traded and lock up some future earnings.  It's all just football/sports business.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

After Brady said he wished he had Branch around after the Jets game it kinda clued me in how Brady felt. I didn't think much of it until the Moss trade though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ofcourse Brady knew, Moss told BB and probably Brady. Brady only signed a 4 year deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey Killa, you can  not like what they did and still watch them and I didn't say I don't blame them , they didn't start the gate thing they juat ran with the story. I don't like what they did esp at the end with the dopey golf guy but remember , the Hearld started that. There's too much sports on ESPN not to watch IMO, So you don't I do That's OK.

PS It's Friday night 9 o clock, why aren't I out partying??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

If I might add some simple thoughts to this conversation of sorts.
    First off, SPYGATE. There was not one team that didnt tape other teams at this time, they even had spies in the practice stadiums. The whole topic is this, no matter how much information you have of another team, you will still NEVER know what they will do on the field or how the players will react. To say they knew what was going to happen is totally foolish, because any intelligent football player will adjust to any given circumstance. You may know certain plays or who gets the ball, but if YOUR players dont adjust and do their job, all that information is useless.
    As for Tom Brady knowing about Moss and being traded. Moss was causing this hype last year, this is no supprise and frankly how can you fans here say that his trade is a supprise at all. Randy Moss was headed down that me, me, me train since last year and had no intention of stopping. To sit there and say he was all about the team and the players is foolish nonsense, he proved that by taking the podium and talking about his contract and not the team. It doesnt matter if you think he is right or he is wrong, but Patriot fans are smarter than this. Do you honestly think BB would not have been discussing this with T Brady who runs his offense? That woudl be like a president sending an army to war but never telling the General in charge! That just doesnt happen my friends.

With Moss now gone this team will grow and I think very quickly. Yes the defense will continue to struggle, but the offense with solid prodctive weapons at each spot will mature and excel. Brady was never that good at the long ball, his best game is 5 to 20 yard quick passes down the field.
    Time will tell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This ain't none o' my business, but holding a grudge forever doesn't hurt ESPN.

It just makes you look like a guy who can't get over sh*t.

The notion that ESPN is somehow worse than myriad other entertainment-based media outlets is absurd. You're not getting the straight dope from anyone on your TV set -- you're gonna have to trust me on this.

They're all in it for the ratings ($) and they'll all happily lie to you if they think it will (a) keep you watching long enough so the sponsors notice or (b) complain.

Killa, you're exactly the guy ESPN wants. Every time you come in here and rave about how much ESPN blows donut holes, that's money in its pocket. It's like the advertisement that is so annoying you can't stop thinking about it. You, in here, going on and on about how much they s*ck, is buzz.

If you really want to hit ESPN where it lives, stop talking about it altogether.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I watched ESPN just last monday night where I saw the Pats put an AZZ whipping on the Miami Dolphins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade:
    Yea Mighty could you get me Brady's autograph since you clearly have access to the Pats locker room?????? Like I said you have no proof what so ever to back up anything you just said so keep trying to make him into Manny and call him a scum bag but its bull sh*t. And NEGAME listen I am not saying what we did was ok, it was not. Plain and simple. However what ESPN did during that time was irresponsible and there is nothing else to it. There was very little proof about anything and they like i said would report their OPINION as FACT all in the name of dragging the Pats through the mud. For years they picked against the Pats and the Pats would win and make ESPN look dumb, all ESPN wanted was for super stars like Manning to win it all and when the Pats started doing it with "no name" players they couldnt wait for a chance to drag us down and that is exactly what they did. They reported nothing but speculation and had no proof what so ever for calling us cheats or saying we should have an asterisk next to our championships they just said it and the general moron ESPN fan (not talking about any of you just the general population) ate it up and to this day believes every word they heard on ESPN even though in the end Walsh was found to have no walk through tape. I am not saying the Pats were not wrong, they were but ESPN was down right playing to their own agenda with every spygate comment they made and I will never forget it or forgive it. I can find a better source for football news in a million different places with out ever using ESPN and so could you but ESPN is every where and its easier to just use ESPN and say forget it then it is to stick to your guns so most people (not saying you) will just take the easy road. Like I said you came right out and said "I dont blame ESPN and I like it" so that is fine for you but for the fans who say "Yea *screw ESPN" and then turn around and say how much they like Mike Reiss I say pick a f*cking side. You either hate ESPN and will not watch, listen, or read them or you like them and dont care about what they did. If you like ESPN good for you but dont pretend to hate it and then go watch it pick a side and stick to it. And again this is JUST MY OPINION.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I don't need proof, it's f*cking obvious you moron.  You don't trade the best wide receiver of all time for a 3rd round pick in the middle of the season unless they guy is being an a**hole.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade : I don't need proof, it's f*cking obvious you moron.  You don't trade the best wide receiver of all time for a 3rd round pick in the middle of the season unless they guy is being an a**hole.  
    Posted by themightypatriotz

AMEN!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Knew About Pending Moss Trade : I don't need proof, it's f*cking obvious you moron.  You don't trade the best wide receiver of all time for a 3rd round pick in the middle of the season unless they guy is being an a**hole.  

You can't say it any better then this.

Not the 1st part there mvp but I absolutely agree with the last half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

I didn"t feel like reading all the different posts, but wasn't sure if anyone else saw this article from the Herald?

The writer is dead on:
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20101007randy_moss_ownership_at_odds_rift_prompted_trade/

Like someone else mentioned in a different post, Moss was becoming a high priced decoy & he didn't like that.

My breakdown on it:

-Moss wants contract extension & stay with the Patriots, BUT with HIS price requirements.

-Moss gets message (of silent treatment about negotiating new contract) & has his 15 min. press time to vent., unprofessional actions toward ownership.

-In that press time, Randy really meant he was planning to light up the field this year (his plan), BUT the Patriots plan was to spread the ball around & have a more balanced running/passing game...NOT what Randy was hoping for in the last year of his contract because he knew he wouldn't be putting up the big numbers that warranted a huge $$$ contract extension.

-I believe that BB & Moss have a great relationship & mutal respect for each other! SO, BB was doing the best thing for his team (by getting the draft pick for trading Moss) and helping out a person he respected (Moss can now try to have that big statistical year that he needs to get a huge $$$ contract from some other team).  BB AND Brady don't have to hear about getting the ball to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NFL-Observer10. Show NFL-Observer10's posts

Did someone call Moss the "best wide reciver of all time"?

Jerry Rice says hello son.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I didn"t feel like reading all the different posts, but wasn't sure if anyone else saw this article from the Herald? The writer is dead on: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20101007randy_moss_ownership_at_odds_rift_prompted_trade/ Like someone else mentioned in a different post, Moss was becoming a high priced decoy & he didn't like that. My breakdown on it: -Moss wants contract extension & stay with the Patriots, BUT with HIS price requirements. -Moss gets message (of silent treatment about negotiating new contract) & has his 15 min. press time to vent., unprofessional actions toward ownership. -In that press time, Randy really meant he was planning to light up the field this year (his plan), BUT the Patriots plan was to spread the ball around & have a more balanced running/passing game...NOT what Randy was hoping for in the last year of his contract because he knew he wouldn't be putting up the big numbers that warranted a huge $$$ contract extension. -I believe that BB & Moss have a great relationship & mutal respect for each other! SO, BB was doing the best thing for his team (by getting the draft pick for trading Moss) and helping out a person he respected (Moss can now try to have that big statistical year that he needs to get a huge $$$ contract from some other team).  BB AND Brady don't have to hear about getting the ball to him.
    Posted by mrtm70

All I'm gonna say is, after reading from all the experts on here my head is spinning. If I were to lean one way or the other, I would agree with the article in the herald

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

That sums it up perfectly........Time

to move on now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Hard to argue with mighty's logic on this one.

No one in either organization will say it out loud, but if you can't see through the PR smokescreen on this one, I'm afraid there may be little to no hope for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

dont call me a moron mighty its uncalled for. I dont buy it, a week ago he was the perfect teammate, then he gets traded and all of a sudden this stuff gets leaked out by "sources" all of A sudden he is a cancer. You want to paint him into Manny then you go right ahead but you are not basing it off facts at all just opinion and speculation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

p mike you call it a smokescreen to i guess protect Moss? I see it the other way, the pats made a trade and 75% (fact) of their fan base hated the move and then all of A sudden IMO the Pats PR machine went to work and started leaking storys to bad mouth Moss cause they people will eat it up. Its not that I dont see through the "smokescreen" its that I dont believe it, whatever i am so tired of talking Moss so maybe i am wrong but i dont think so, he was not Manny he never said anything bad about this team in any interviews he has always said the right thing and until this week we never had any reason to think he was a problem so IMO he served this team well and we traded him because he asked to be traded because the offense was changing and other then that i have no idea what happened and wont speculate. Moss was a good player for this team why we have to make him into a bad guy i don't know

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Okay killa.

There was no problem.

Randy was happy.

The Pats were happy.

Everybody was happy.

Then why the f*ck did they trade him?

If you can answer that question, I will happily admit that I am an idiot (and I'll admit mighty is an idiot, too -- if that helps.)

I'm getting the idea you want to have your cake and eat it, too. Randy was a team player -- until the team realized it's offense worked better when he wasn't the primary focus. So he "asks" to be traded, because he doesn't care about wins -- he only cares about stats that translate into a huge contract -- and in your mind, that's okay.

Sometimes I worry about you, killa.

The "smokescreen" is actually Belichick playing nice with the media and praising Randy at every turn (the same way you're doing). The reality is that you don't get rid of a productive player unless he's a problem in other areas. As a coach yourself, it amazes me that you can't see this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Okay killa. There was no problem. Randy was happy. The Pats were happy. Everybody was happy. Then why the f*ck did they trade him? If you can answer that question, I will happily admit that I am an idiot (and I'll admit mighty is an idiot, too -- if that helps.) I'm getting the idea you want to have your cake and eat it, too. Randy was a team player -- until the team realized it's offense worked better when he wasn't the primary focus. So he "asks" to be traded, because he doesn't care about wins -- he only cares about stats that translate into a huge contract -- and in your mind, that's okay. Sometimes I worry about you, killa. The "smokescreen" is actually Belichick playing nice with the media and praising Randy at every turn (the same way you're doing). The reality is that you don't get rid of a productive player unless he's a problem in other areas. As a coach yourself, it amazes me that you can't see this.
    Posted by p-mike

Again, AMEN.

Sections
Shortcuts