Brady lands at No. 21 on NFL’s Top 100 list

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Brady lands at No. 21 on NFL’s Top 100 list

From WEEI:

Not sure what people are going to think about the choice of presenter, but the NFL’s Top 100 (an outstanding series) has announced that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is No. 21 on their list. You can’t embed the video, but check out the segment on Brady here.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Brady lands at No. 21 on NFL’s Top 100 list

Could really care less about the whole Brady vs Manning debate. As long as Pats go out and bring back more Lombardi's this decade then any other team is what I care about. Screw the MVP and all those other awards the only one that really counts is the Lombardi trophy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Initially I was irked by Jeter...but upon further thinking, it fits.

Listen, I'm a Sox fan as much as the next person...but if you can remove that (and the Pats chanting Yankees S U C K with about a million fans at the rally in 2001), think about it. For this generation, who are bigger champions than these two? Faces of their franchise AND sports? Always referred to as classy and professional. They were both cut from the same cloth.

As far as #21...that's about right for an active player. People ALWAYS get better once they retire and memories replace film. Assuming Favre or Manning aren't on the list. Although, I don't see how either of those guys get higher than Brady. Favre with his most INTs, attempts and fumbles. He of the 4-7 playoff record over the past ten years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Jeter???? Really?  I mean they couldn't have found someone else?  Now I am going to be mature and say from one great of all time player to another... ok I see that,..... but c'mon..... Jeter?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

First, it's culturally insensitive to have a New England player presented by a guy wearing a Yankees cap.  These must be New York producers. 

Second, #21 is ridiculous.  As of today Brady has a current and growing streak of 22 regular season home field wins. He also holds the first and second longest (not just the longest) winning streaks in NFL history, and his winning percentage over 10 years is unbelievable, 100-31 if I remember. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

For both Manning and Brady... with more years to go , their stature in such a ranking will change...  Brady at #21, most likely behind QBs like Favre and Manning, who will be higher than him because of the stats they have acquired in their careers.  Many say SB success is greater than stats..well, looks like stats wins out in this ranking as it relates to QBs.  Hey, but why do we care, because we are Pats fans and fans across the country will denounce such a high ranking for Brady and add you know what as a reason for it, too! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Brady lands at No. 21 on NFL’s Top 100 list:
    [QUOTE]About 15 spots too low.  If Favre or Manning are higher, than this list has the about the same credibility as those VH1 lists where Prince is consider a top 10 artist of all time! Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Well, I certainly would assume Manning would be higher than Brady.  Not even close, really.  21 sounds way too high for Brady IMO. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady lands at No. 21 on NFL’s Top 100 list : Well, I certainly would assume Manning would be higher than Brady.  Not even close, really.  21 sounds way too high for Brady IMO. 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

What puts Manning ahead of Brady other than greater stats with a lower winning percentage as a starter and a far significant playoff record?  Is it because without Manning, the Colts would have never been the team they have been to date?  As for Brady, one can imagine if Brady had not lost the 2008 season to injury.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Homerism at its finest!!  Throw a list in front of different fans and you will get someone claiming conspiracy in 3 seconds!!

Relax people.  Its just a BLEEPING list!!!! 

And if you use your brains for just a quick second, understand he's got 5-7 years left to improve.  What if he wins 2 more titles in the same era as Manning?  He will move up in time. 

Favre will come down over time.  Again, he's up there because of statistics. Over time once you get away from his era and compare him to his bretheren, Brett will slide.

Then again, who cares about what people think??  Does it de-value your fandom to have Tommy at #21??  Puh-lease!!

FYI.. Jeter is a great choice in terms of parallel. I agree with Paul K it was a bit insensitive of the producers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]First, it's culturally insensitive to have a New England player presented by a guy wearing a Yankees cap.  These must be New York producers.  Second, #21 is ridiculous.  As of today Brady has a current and growing streak of 22 regular season home field wins. He also holds the first and second longest (not just the longest) winning streaks in NFL history, and his winning percentage over 10 years is unbelievable, 100-31 if I remember. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Brady has the highest winning percentage in NFL history! Throw in 3 SB wins, the most tds thrown in a season of all time and a 14-4 play-off record and I would say 21 is an incredible farce!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I think what says it all is this: in trying to defend this insane notion that Brady should be considered as good as or better than Manning, all you guys can do is cite team accomplishments.  Win records.  Playoff records.  Super Bowl wins.  All team accomplishments.  The only one of your arguments that has any validity is the greatness of Brady's 2007 season.  You fail to mention, of course, that Manning's 2004 season was as good as (and probably marginally better than) Brady's 2007.  I really don't understand why you all have this psychological need to have Brady listed as better than Manning.  Seems to me you all would just be happy with your 3 SB wins (tainted though they may be).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I could see 3 QBs ahead of Tom: Manning, Montana, Favre.  I missed the last two episodes, but could also see Unitas and Bradshaw (rings) being picked ahead of Tom. I almost expect Jim Brown to be #1. Rice will and should be the highest rated receiver (top 4). They might also throw in some old timer like Sammy Baugh, but that is hard to see.

I don't care about who finishes ahead of Tom, he just has to win two more SBs and you might have to put him above those other guys.

I also think that Favre has a good shot at diminishing his legacy with two or three very sub-par seasons. I no longer expect Favre to win games all by himself. You can't say the same about Manning and Brady.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why would a top 3 greatest QB ever, possibly THE BEST ever, #21?

Isn't QB the most important position?

I'd expect Jim Brown, Rice, Graham, Montana in the top 10, and I would expect Brady in that top 10 as well.

He's about 10 spots too low.

What was Joe Montana, the best QB of all time, until now, doing at age 33?  Imagine if Brady was not in the cap era?  Would Branch ever have been traded?

Imagine if Brady had one offensive coordinator and didn't have to worry about personnel raids every season?

Brady />Montana

And, if Brady wins another ring, this will be a fact, not an opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

We seriously overrate some of the legends that use to play in the day. Like seriously overrate alot of them.

Peyton I am fine with being higher than Brady. Brett? Are you bleeping kidding me? So being a top player now includes choking in games, throwing picks and killing your teams season? 

How does the last 5 years of Bretts career not worsen his stuff?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I think what says it all is this: in trying to defend this insane notion that Brady should be considered as good as or better than Manning, all you guys can do is cite team accomplishments.  Win records.  Playoff records.  Super Bowl wins.  All team accomplishments.  The only one of your arguments that has any validity is the greatness of Brady's 2007 season.  You fail to mention, of course, that Manning's 2004 season was as good as (and probably marginally better than) Brady's 2007.  I really don't understand why you all have this psychological need to have Brady listed as better than Manning.  Seems to me you all would just be happy with your 3 SB wins (tainted though they may be).

Because Brady has exceeded Manning in all the big categories: play-offs wins; S/B wins; play-off winning percentage; winning percentage; S/B MVPs; consecutive wins that include play-off games; single season wins; consecutive home wins; TD catches in a season; overtime win percentage; a slew of other records that would not be possible for the team w/o Brady; and all of these with only one big-name receiver (Moss, playing with Brady for 3.25 seasons) and a constant rotation of receivers and running backs, while Manning had several big names, including Marvin Harrison, for most of Manning's career and for long stretches of service.

The list is stupid, just like one of those VH-1 lists, as somebody already mentioned.  But to have a Yankee be the presenter, and for Brady to not be ranked in the top eight, is ludicrous. It just shows the back-lashing bias of the sports media against New England sports teams that has existed ever since the area teams went on a winning tear the past several years.

And if you don't think there is an anti-New England culture in sports reporting today, take this example: Last night on ESPN, Keyshawn Johnson was giving his take on the downturn of the Chargers, citing the losses of talent on S/T, O and D.  Ditka chimed in, bad decisions in the front office, to which the dreadful sports clown Chris Berman muttered lowly, "...from Rhode Island..."  Since when have you heard such a comment in a such a dialogue before? How was that comment germane?  What on Earth does it have to do with the sports decisions of the Chargers?  Why did Berman imply that if you are from R.I., or New England, you will make stupid sports decisions? The only answer is that Berman is just another sports broadcaster/reporter that has a bias against this region. And that is why Brady is only ranked 21 on this stupid list.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Brady is clearly better than Manning if you are talking about the more successful and the better money QB.

Every category leans towards Brady.  And then the intangibles or barriers point to Brady />Manning. 

Manning has dome stats against inferior defenses. Great QB, one of the best ever, but not better than Brady. It's insulting to put a 9-9 postseason QB above a 14-4 one.

People seem to forget that Manning's breakout year was 2003, a full 2 seasons after Brady's and his first SB.

Manning had one good year prior to 2003 and was mediocre at best prior to that.

I can't stand the arrogance of Colts fans and the media that try to change fact because Manning is a nice guy and was the #1 overall pick.

Look at the facts and the data.  Then look at the very fact that Manning only has the greater stats in the regular season, in a dome.

That's his only victory head to head over Brady.

Brady has him in head to head title games, SB rings, SB MVPs,

Manning even has two, maybe even 3 bogus regular season MVPs (2003, 2005, 2009).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]I think what says it all is this: in trying to defend this insane notion that Brady should be considered as good as or better than Manning, all you guys can do is cite team accomplishments.  Win records.  Playoff records.  Super Bowl wins.  All team accomplishments.  The only one of your arguments that has any validity is the greatness of Brady's 2007 season.  You fail to mention, of course, that Manning's 2004 season was as good as (and probably marginally better than) Brady's 2007.  I really don't understand why you all have this psychological need to have Brady listed as better than Manning.  Seems to me you all would just be happy with your 3 SB wins (tainted though they may be).

Oh, I get it now. It's obvious that Old Horse Face Pay-a-ton won all those games BY HIMSELF. He had no "team" around him at all. He played 2 way. He not only threw the ball, but also caught it. Then there's his deft running skills and abilities..... 1750+ yards on the ground by himself in '04, if I recall, right?
    Oh, all those INT's! Led the league in MAKING them, right? And those first few losing record seasons with the Dolts? Why, definitely NOT his fault, eh? So, we'll just ignore them, while explaining that Brady's never having a losing season means nothing because it's a "team" thing.

Thanks for clearing that up for us!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is clearly better than Manning if you are talking about the more successful and the better money QB. Every category leans towards Brady.  And then the intangibles or barriers point to Brady />Manning.  Manning has dome stats against inferior defenses. Great QB, one of the best ever, but not better than Brady. It's insulting to put a 9-9 postseason QB above a 14-4 one. People seem to forget that Manning's breakout year was 2003, a full 2 seasons after Brady's and his first SB. Manning had one good year prior to 2003 and was mediocre at best prior to that. I can't stand the arrogance of Colts fans and the media that try to change fact because Manning is a nice guy and was the #1 overall pick. Look at the facts and the data.  Then look at the very fact that Manning only has the greater stats in the regular season, in a dome. That's his only victory head to head over Brady. Brady has him in head to head title games, SB rings, SB MVPs, Manning even has two, maybe even 3 bogus regular season MVPs (2003, 2005, 2009).
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Agree that playing in a dome greatly enhanced his stats, but lay off the defenses he played against. Remember, he faced the Pats 2X's/season until reallignment took place. With few exceptions, the Dolts played a 1st place schedule too. All any team can do is play the schedule they are presented, which is always predetermined. Need I remind you that for a long time now, Brady's faced the Bills 2X's/season? Recall how bad the JESTS! were until recentoly? And there's the Fins.....

Players? Again, it's who the team drafted. Obviously the Dolts out an emphasis on offense, seeing their investment in Old Horse Face. Can't blame them. The Pats on the other hand, drafted to need. We'll let the 3 SB wins determine who was better at this process; the Pats piled up SB wins, and the Dolts piled up.... STATS. We saw what Brady can do with a high quality WR (Moss) for a few years. Yet, their better seasons as a TEAM was during the "Who Are These Guys?" era, like the re-tooled DB situations in 2004 & 2005 due to injuries?

Dome? Yes, it was a huge impact (playing 8 games at home under near perfect conditions, especially in late November and December IS a huge advantage). Other teams defenses? No.Teams play who they have scheduled; it's that simple.  You can do better than that. Teammates? Not close, as evidenced by each team's drafting strategies. Who made who better? (Want to get into the "chicken or the egg" debate AGAIN?)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is clearly better than Manning if you are talking about the more successful and the better money QB. Every category leans towards Brady.  And then the intangibles or barriers point to Brady />Manning.  Manning has dome stats against inferior defenses. Great QB, one of the best ever, but not better than Brady. It's insulting to put a 9-9 postseason QB above a 14-4 one. People seem to forget that Manning's breakout year was 2003, a full 2 seasons after Brady's and his first SB. Manning had one good year prior to 2003 and was mediocre at best prior to that.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Thanks for "rebutting" by citing more team accomplishments.  (You really don't get it, do you?)  I really love the statement about Peyton's "one good year".  I point I have made in the past is this: Manning and Brady have been in the league together now for (all or part of) eleven seasons, and there have been only two seasons in which Brady has a higher QB rating than Manning - 2001 and 2007.  Now that's what I call a telling statistic.  I'm sure you will all argue that statistics have nothing to do with comparisons between two QBS...lol.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

NFL Is the greatest team sport. Period.

It takes 53 players to win games.   Only you would pretend regular season stats in a dome with a GM on the Competition Committee equates to better leadership at the position.

"Stats are for losers". - BB

Yes, yes they are.

Brady is also a much better LEADER in arguably the game's most dififcult position to play, if not all of sports.

Manning is Warren Moon with a ring. Stings doesn't it?  Maybe if his last name was Jones, he might not be so coddled by the media? 

I have never seen Brady throw his O LIne under the bus or scapegoat players after failing.

Case closed.

Brady />Manning

If you had one game to win, who would you choose? That's a pretty simple answer based on raw numbers.

To rebutt the QB rating comment here are some facts:

1. Manning plays in a dome.
    2. Manning has had one off. coordinator since his rookie year. Huge advantage.
    3. Manning has had vastly superior offensive talent as compared to Brady, generally speaking.

I would expect a QB who is close to Brady's level, with better personnel around him, to have a higher rating over a consistent basis.

It's why Brady had it in 2001 and 2007. He had better personnel, comparably. He certainly didn't have it in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006.  Reche Caldwell is a #1 WR in 2006.  Read that again, Einstein.

We can't count 2008, obviously.

Also, Brady has never thrown a pick 6 in a playoff to lose a game in the 4th quarter, let alone a SB.

Thanks for bringing your glove today, but it's time for you to go home.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

People love lists.

I'd hope L.T. (The real, original, crack smoking L.T.) is in the top 10.  He is a guy who really changed the way the game is played, not too many can make that claim. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Wow, BBReigns - I've never known anyone who can say less with that number of words!  But you did manage to bring up most of this board's common, whiny excuses (as y'all are wont to do).  Manning had better offensive talent.  BP's on the Competition Committee.  Manning plays in a dome.  Manning threw his OL under the bus.  I think the last one brings up a point I'd like to expand upon.  Manning was asked about the game and he pointed his finger at the OL.  No one on the OL complained, because anyone who watched the game knows that Manning was right.  Manning held the OL accountable, and in future games they played better because of it.  That's leadership.  I can tell you that Manning wouldn't allow a HOF receiver to tank it as long as Moss did without calling him out (which y'all would term throwing him under the bus).  I'm not saying that Brady's a bad leader - sounds like he rightfully gave Crumpler an earful when he dropped a third down pass Sunday.  I wonder how y'all feel about Brady throwing Crumpler under the bus...lol! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wow Jules!  Those run on sentences and mangled sentence fragments really have everyone here convinced!

Afterall, Indiana is a real hot sports market!   Good work!

Sections
Shortcuts