Brady Looks out of shape.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Brady Looks out of shape.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/jasmine2sable/tom470kk.jpg

Oh god look at that guy hes overweight oh man jeez.

You guys are a freaking joke. The face of the franchise who has led this team to 4 superbowls and your questioning what he does with his free time and with his health? My god pathetic like seriously what else does this guy have to do for you? After a year of having a torn ACL/MCL and playing with a broken ring finger broken ribs, and a bum shoulder do you want this guy to put food on your table as well? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Also from the herald word for word which I agree with.

"Mayo spoke this week about the Patriots losing games in the fourth quarter and then talked about conditioning as if that had something to do with it. They didn’t lose games because they weren’t in shape. They lost games because they didn’t have enough good players. Just for the record, Tom Brady and Ty Warren were two who were good enough."-Ron Borges

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Oh god look at that guy hes overweight oh man jeez.
    You guys are a freaking joke. The face of the franchise who has led this team to 4 superbowls and your questioning what he does with his free time and with his health? My god pathetic like seriously what else does this guy have to do for you? After a year of having a torn ACL/MCL and playing with a broken ring finger broken ribs, and a bum shoulder do you want this guy to put food on your table as well?"

I'm sorta unsure where you're comin' from man, I mean: Either you think Brady's a## is sexy or you DON'T think Brady's a## is sexy, There's no sittin' on the sidelines here pal, with like-His rear is half-way sexy or it's not sexy, but it has potential, or I'm too much of a man to say...a REAL man would say, "YEA, sexy rear on that dude I tell ya right now, but if you need me, I gotta take a clothed shower now while crying, and afterward sleep with my chick," OR "NO way, I've seen far sexier rears on a ton of other guys."  Well, maybe not that last one... Overall, you're post has more duplicity and duality then a stack of buttermilk pancakes with fresh fruit on top-Am I cleansing or am I colonoscopy?  Really, that's the EXACT thing you should ask yourself...everyday, for the rest of your life: Where do I stand on the breakfast platter, Am I pancake guy who tops it with bacon, hashbrowns, and sausage-then tops it with syrup and lard, OR Do I like oatmeal?  Oh, woops...your name's pancake-so perhaps forget everything I just said then... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Looks out of shape.:
    I am a little disappointed at him for missing the OTAs. What happened to our Brady?
    Posted by 49Patriots

THIS TOUCHED ON ONE OF MY POST"S THAT I STARTED ABOUT THE QUESTION OF THE PATRIOT TEAM TRAINORS
    This is something I can give a little advice on since I started boxing at the age of 14, lost in the Golden Gloves 2 times but loved every minute of it, then 7 years of different martial arts! After all Brady's injuries to his body, the boxing workouts are the best way for him not only to get back in shape but to get his timing to a new level. I cant tell you because I boxed first how many blue and brown belts I would stomp, thus my nickname (stommper). From working with the jump rope, to cardio, to hand to hand with an opponent gives you timing and speed, and a control of your body that most do not have and never aquire.
    Frankly I am amazed that more football players are not taught a boxing workout for the reason alone of timing. Martial Arts is good as with Judo for an opponents  body control, but there is no better foot speed and body speed way to develope other than a boxing routine, (he does not have to actually spar, but with head gear and padding and large gloves it is agreat combination, I doubt they will let him spar in fear of damage to his hands but this is a great fundemental way to develope) If I recall one of the West coast teams used a Ballet dancer to teach leg and body control many years ago. The great Jerry Rice actually used a form of exercise that many boxers did for cardio, and look at the longevity and speed it helped him to develop. I say very well done to whoever suggested this to Mr. Brady and a BIG STAR to Mr. Brady for actually using this form although I dont know how and to what extent he is going.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Can we keep this board from deteriorating into TMZ, Globe Inside Track garbage?  Some picture of Brady working out that you can barely even see his body in is a front burner topic for this team in March, 6 months before the season starts?

If someone gets a picture a week before training camp of Brady stuffing his face with twinkies then by all means, let the discussion begin.  But come on, seriously, this team has a lot of real topics/issues to discuss, what our best player is doing / where he is / what he looks like on March 21 is not one of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/brady-boxing.jpg" alt="Brady box 1" title="Brady box 1" width="267" height="425" align="left" />Looks like padding to me. I love that nasty look!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

He looks fine to me (and I mean that in a non-gay kinda way....not that there's anything wrong with that).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Give it up, people. First, he's a QB not a DE or ILB. He doesn't need to be ripped. In fact, too much upper body muscle would probably hinder his mobility and flexibility. Second, its absurd to judge the state of his fitness from one bad photo!

I swear, some people on this site must stay up nights thinking of things to complain about. We have a future HOF QB, in his prime and healthy again for the first time in two years and most of what I'm seeing on this thread are criticism and complaints!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Believe me if he has taken up boxing as a way to stay in shape he is not out of shape. Go to a local gym and check out the workout of just an average Boxer and then come back here and say you think Brady is out of shape...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

I'm sure Brady is finding new ways to get ardio w/o tearing up his knees. Boxing is a killer workout & i bet he comes into camp beefier all over. He probably wants to after the licking he took last year.

Tom will be prepaired......He always is!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Give it up, people. First, he's a QB not a DE or ILB. He doesn't need to be ripped. In fact, too much upper body muscle would probably hinder his mobility and flexibility. Second, its absurd to judge the state of his fitness from one bad photo! I swear, some people on this site must stay up nights thinking of things to complain about. We have a future HOF QB, in his prime and healthy again for the first time in two years and most of what I'm seeing on this thread are criticism and complaints!  
    Posted by unclealfie

To train by boxing he wont get beefy, he will actualy get leaner, have stronger cardio, endurance, better foot speed, faster reactioary time, and all around better health including proper stretching. Im not a Doctor but I have played one on dates to impress woman and .....well you know! Surprised

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

First question is how does everyone think Brady played last year.  I am sure that I will get some of the "his line made him look bad at times" comments, but Brady himself (remove the first 4 games), how did he play. 

I ask because I am surprised he is not at OTAs.  I've read that - Watson is gone; Welker will be out most of (if not the entire) year; and Moss isn't sure he will be back.  Who does that leave Brady to throw to? 

Edelman, Aikmen, Crumpler. 

How much experience do these players have knowing exactly where Tom Brady wants them in certain plays?  Is the pats offense so simple that some of this tweaking is not required?  I doubt it. 

It just seems to me, if was a pats fan, that this year, as much as any, the pats receivers could benefit from Brady being around and coaching them up.  I am sure that everything will be just fine, but if I were a Pats fan, I'd be a little bothered. 

Maybe the pats are going to turn to the run or every other pass will be a screen to Faulk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

A little devil's advocate here. First question is how does everyone think Brady played last year.  I am sure that I will get some of the "his line made him look bad at times" comments, but Brady himself (remove the first 4 games), how did he play.  I ask because I am surprised he is not at OTAs.  I've read that - Watson is gone; Welker will be out most of (if not the entire) year; and Moss isn't sure he will be back.  What does that leave Brady to throw to?  Edelman, Aikmen, Crumpler.  Really, how much experience do these players have knowing exactly where Tom Brady wants them in certain plays?  Is the pats offense so simple that some of this tweaking is not required?  I doubt it.  It just seems to me, if was a pats fan, that this year, as much as any, the pats receivers could benefit from Brady being around the team and coaching up his young and new receiving corps.  I am sure that everything will be just fine, but if I were a Pats fan, I'd be a little bothered. 
    Posted by underdoggg

LOL!  Moss is in Foxboro now....you read that Moss wasn't sure if he will be back AFTER his contract runs out.....

You do realize that this is just voluntary work outs and there is no football being thrown, right?  Moss has been here for a while and Patten is back, wouldn't they be able to help with the other young WR's?  I am pretty sure that the coaches are around to, you know, coach.....

I can assure you that someone missing voluntary workouts is not something to be worried about......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

When was the last time David Patten played for the pats?  Do you think things have changed a little since then? 

How many of those coaches will be throwing to receivers in a game? 

Are balls not being thrown because Brady is not there? 

I am sure you are right.  Everything will be just fine, but wouldn't you prefer everything to be better than just fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

When was the last time David Patten played for the pats?  Do you think things have changed a little since then?  How many of those coaches will be throwing to receivers in a game?  Are balls not being thrown because Brady is not there?  I am sure you are right.  Everything will be just fine, but wouldn't you prefer everything to be better than just fine.
    Posted by underdoggg

Wow, Big Colts fan talking about the Patriots again. Why don't you worry about what is wrong with our team? Although it's hard to start fights with all the @$$ kissers on the Colts forums. These guys seem to bite everytime you start with them though. Have a good fight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This is so much better than sharing an oreo pizza with your brother on national TV.  Brady needs to start hanging out with Jet Li and Chuck Liddell. The occassional entourage episode is ok, but throw martial arts into the mix and you get to say hello to the best pass blocking QB......ever....... As for the abs he`s getting older. I once had six-pack situation, that is now a spare tire acknowledgement. Fortunately, I can still place or show at the local tight buns competition. It`s all good for Mr. Brady, anything that improves a QBs timing, rhythm,  strength and hand-eye cordination will have a positive effect on his game. Not that he needs it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

When was the last time David Patten played for the pats?  Do you think things have changed a little since then?  How many of those coaches will be throwing to receivers in a game?  Are balls not being thrown because Brady is not there?  I am sure you are right.  Everything will be just fine, but wouldn't you prefer everything to be better than just fine.
    Posted by underdoggg

Apparently you have no idea what they do during VOLUNTARY workouts.....THEY DO NOT PRACTICE, they work out and look at tapes.......

Patten is a leader and has football knowledge to help the kids along....much like you said.....helping the kids along...

they don't start holding practice until training camp....but I am sure you knew that since you are so concerned about OUR QB.

Oh, and he is in Foxboro now, are you happy?  Maybe he can start throwing to nobody, since it is against the NFL rules to hold practices yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

m10 - so your saying that when (if) the QB and a few receivers are in the same place and not familiar with each other, and even though there are footballs available and a place in which to throw the ball, they will not (cannot) do this? 

And what does patten being a leader have to do with anything?  Will Patten be the one throwing the ball to these young receivers?  If not, how is he going to know (or remember) where Tom likes to or wants to throw the ball or how Tom likes his receivers to run timing routes, etc. 

And who said anything about practice?  If Tom were to want to get together with Patten, Aiken, or Edelman, etc. to throw the ball and run a few routes who says they are prohibited from doing this?  I don't think the rules state that anywhere.  

The point is that without the QB who will be doing the throwing, none of the chemistry that might give Tom the confidence to look for someone other than Randy or Wes can be developed. 

But hey, he made it there today - just before the break up of camp tomorrow. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

m10 - so your saying that when (if) the QB and a few receivers are in the same place and not familiar with each other, and even though there are footballs available and a place in which to throw the ball, they will not (cannot) do this?  And what does patten being a leader have to do with anything?  Will Patten be the one throwing the ball to these young receivers?  If not, how is he going to know (or remember) where Tom likes to or wants to throw the ball or how Tom likes his receivers to run timing routes, etc.  And who said anything about practice?  If Tom were to want to get together with Patten, Aiken, or Edelman, etc. to throw the ball and run a few routes who says they are prohibited from doing this?  I don't think the rules state that anywhere.   The point is that without the QB who will be doing the throwing, none of the chemistry that might give Tom the confidence to look for someone other than Randy or Wes can be developed.  But hey, he made it there today - just before the break up of camp tomorrow. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Do you really think that 2 or 3 days are going to matter much?  Really?  they will be doing double sessions before you know it.....