Brady losing it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Brady losing it?

I know it's just one game. I'm over it. I just don't see that spark anymore in Brady that he had in earlier years. He used to have that killer instinct look about him. Nowadays it seems in a big game he is confused or frustrated all the time. You can almost see it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Brady losing it?

In Response to Brady losing it?:
    [QUOTE]I know it's just one game. I'm over it. I just don't see that spark anymore in Brady that he had in earlier years. He used to have that killer instinct look about him. Nowadays it seems in a big game he is confused or frustrated all the time. You can almost see it.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]
    He didn't get help..  other players need to step up and make great plays too!  Name a Patriot who made a GREAT play on offense, other than Brady, like some we saw on the Giants?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He had the killer look a lot and made some very nice plays.  The problem, I think, is that he's in way too many situations where there's nowhere to throw before the rush gets to him.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think Prolate nailed it. That first play, he had all day, but nobody was getting clear. Then late in the game, Mankins was getting beat constantly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

Lets release Brady and pick up Sanchez when Paton goes to the Jets. Its this what you want?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

[QUOTE]I know it's just one game. I'm over it. I just don't see that spark anymore in Brady that he had in earlier years. He used to have that killer instinct look about him. Nowadays it seems in a big game he is confused or frustrated all the time. You can almost see it.

Your crazy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Brady losing it?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Brady losing it? : He didn't get help..  other players need to step up and make great plays too!  Name a Patriot who made a GREAT play on offense, other than Brady, like some we saw on the Giants?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

How about Chad Johnson? Then they tossed him aside, of course.

Or Danny Woodhead, making a bunch.

Or Benny? 

Unfortunately, it might be time to consider if Brady is more interested in favoritism than winning.  How many times did he have an open receiver this season , but ignored him for Welker, Gronk or Hernandez?  On the big INT to Gronk (truly one of the stupidest Pats blunders in their Super Bowl history - throwing a Hail Mary short to a severely hobbled receiver  who is covered on first down while a team should be nursing its lead and eating the clock to win the game), there were a couple of wide-open receivers available.  

For all of his stats, Brady has cost this team proportionally as many post-season games as he has won regular season games.  He has no patience in the big games, and a lot less poise.  I hope our new-old OC cures Brady of this major fault, but I doubt it.  So far, only Weiss would properly manage Brady so that Brady would properly manage the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yeah, Mankins had an awful game.  Awful year, really.  More proof that the Pro Bowl is a joke.  Meanwhile, Light had a superior game and season, yet was snubbed by the bowl. 

I would not be averse to the Pats trading Mankins.  They have enough talent in their Oline group already.  He cost them all season with hits to Brady and stupid penalties.  Imagine the pass rusher the Pats could get?  One more bad season and he won't have much trade value.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Mankins is one of the most overrated O-Linemen in the NFL, this is his second subpar Super Bowl. Draft a young guy for Brian Waters to groom next year...now THAT is a good Guard!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

no, its a combination of him and the recievers executing on the easy stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diiidiii73. Show diiidiii73's posts

not yet maybe after he wins his 6th ring

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

I really believe he still has it..it's just that at times he has to do too much, carry too much of the load. He needs more talent on offense AND defense. The window is closing quickly so BB better go "all in" soon as Brady is not geting any younger

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

SB46 was at least his 5th straight playoff game with at least one pick.....hes LOST it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

No.
    NO. Brady isn't aging.

Brady can't do it alone. Pats are becoming a passing team for the last four years until now. BB knows duirng the mid season after the lost of the Giants that he needs to fix the defense because of the failures of the previous drafts and FA bursts.

Watch this offseason when he will change the offense and the defense more balance. He knows this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]... The problem, I think, is that he's in way too many situations where there's nowhere to throw before the rush gets to him.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

that's what tends to happen when you're playing against a decent d that fully understands they can forget about defending the run, so they can focus on the pass

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

oh may i add...

that's what also tends to happen when the opposing d knows tb will not throw to other receivers (other than welk, hern and branch) more than twice in a game.

why was gronk there anyway?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]No. NO. Brady isn't aging.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]

then he's some kind of immortal?

Of course he is aging.  That is what every QB does and Brady is no different.  Father Time is undefeated and untied.

That doesn't mean that he can't win another SB - but you have to be realiztic about how long he'll be around and how likely it is that he keeps playing at a high level.

The injuries too - he is constantly battling injuries.  Also part of the aging process.  He'll be 35 soon.

He has a couple years left in him if he stays healthy.

The Pats are not going to sign him to a long term contract if they are serious about the franchise staying great. 

So maybe Two more years in a Pats uniform.  I'd like to see him win one more.

But if they go another direction - I wouldn't blame the Pats at all.  It's still about winning - not about sentimentality

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady losing it? : then he's some kind of immortal? Of course he is aging.  That is what every QB does and Brady is no different.  Father Time is undefeated and untied. That doesn't mean that he can't win another SB - but you have to be realiztic about how long he'll be around and how likely it is that he keeps playing at a high level. The injuries too - he is constantly battling injuries.  Also part of the aging process.  He'll be 35 soon. He has a couple years left in him if he stays healthy. The Pats are not going to sign him to a long term contract if they are serious about the franchise staying great.  So maybe Two more years in a Pats uniform.  I'd like to see him win one more. But if they go another direction - I wouldn't blame the Pats at all.  It's still about winning - not about sentimentality
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I never said that he is immortal but he's not brain dead yet.

He still playing at a high level. He is like 2nd in the NFL in passing and almost break Bree's now since he break's Marino's.

Last year, he have a record last season of having no interceptions in like 10 regular games (I don't remember).

He help Welker to be the top leading reciever this season and same goes to Gronk.

He's fine but he is HUMAN.

Like any QB in the NFL, he needs HELP.  The problem is that he is like Peyton. Everything around the offense is around Brady.

Brady need to rely on the running game more so he won't be feel the  pressure by the defense. He needs to accept his limitations and use his head more like the old days (00-05)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I think so, Brady isn't the deep threat he used too be.  Also, he needs to rush the passer more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]No. NO. Brady isn't aging. Brady can't do it alone. Pats are becoming a passing team for the last four years until now. BB knows duirng the mid season after the lost of the Giants that he needs to fix the defense because of the failures of the previous drafts and FA bursts. Watch this offseason when he will change the offense and the defense more balance. He knows this.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]

Brady is aging. In fact, I believe only John Elway won a Super Bowl older than Tom Brady would be at next year's Super Bowl.

The defense and the run game have needed fixing for the past few seasons. What makes you think he can suddenly change it this year. The have 20 free agents at the end of this season. The following year Arrington, Chung, Vollmer, and Light are all up at once. The year after that Spikes, Hernandez and Gronk.

This team is not going to be together forever. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

What Explains this decline then...

Brady, 2005-2011, postseason

7-6 record (.538)

0-2 in the Super Bowl

lost two home playoff games by 26 points

87.1 passer rating with a 27:17 TD-to-INT ratio

lost in the playoffs, scoring only 14, 21 and 17 points (the 14 and 17 represent season-lows).

Last night:

20/23 with two passes batted at the line, and the intentional grounding

Finished the game 7/18 with an interception in the rest of the second half

No-huddle offense only used on ten plays -- during their two touchdown drives

Against Giants:

In two Super Bowls, Brady is 0/13 with an interception on passes thrown 20+ yards)

Brady’s Patriots entering last two Super Bowls: 1st and 10th highest scoring teams in NFL history

Super Bowl points in last 2: 14 & 17 points against two of the worst statistical defenses to ever win a Super Bowl

Tom Brady, Regular Season 4th Quarter QB rating in 2011:  107.1

Eli Manning, Regular Season 4th Quarter QB rating in 2011:  114.3

Tom Brady, Super Bowl 4th Quarter QB rating in 2011:  16.4

Eli Manning, Super Bowl 4th Quarter QB rating in 2011:  95.83

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Its not bradys fault his coach can longer use spygate and cheat like he was when the pats won there titles

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady losing it? : Brady is aging. In fact, I believe only John Elway won a Super Bowl older than Tom Brady would be at next year's Super Bowl. The defense and the run game have needed fixing for the past few seasons. What makes you think he can suddenly change it this year. The have 20 free agents at the end of this season. The following year Arrington, Chung, Vollmer, and Light are all up at once. The year after that Spikes, Hernandez and Gronk. This team is not going to be together forever. 
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Of course Brady age but he is still playing a high level. Mental smartness has nothing to do with age.

He needs to play smart and stop carrying the weight.

I know about the 20 free agents but they have a good salary cap. Keep the players who improve this season and draft a playmaker.

Sections
Shortcuts