Brady - Manning comparisons.. let the media talk all they want.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Brady - Manning comparisons.. let the media talk all they want.

With Manning having such an explosive beginning to this season, I have never seen more talk from the talking heads about who is better.  Well, IMHO, at this point, who "really" cares?  They are both in the same discussion, with all sorts of reasons to make one better over the other.  For me, I am extremely glad we are fans of one of the teams on which one of these two QBs play.  Let's enjoy the ride and let the media talk until their heads explode! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: Brady - Manning comparisons.. let the media talk all they want.

In response to agcsbill's comment:

With Manning having such an explosive beginning to this season, I have never seen more talk from the talking heads about who is better.  Well, IMHO, at this point, who "really" cares?  They are both in the same discussion, with all sorts of reasons to make one better over the other.  For me, I am extremely glad we are fans of one of the teams on which one of these two QBs play.  Let's enjoy the ride and let the media talk until their heads explode! 

All I know is that, all in all, I would take the current Patriots team straight up over the current Broncos team on any given day. The NE team has to play as a team to win, is battle-hardened by winning close contest at the end of the game, and has a defense that knows it may come down to them to win the game on the last possession. I would rather have this kind of a team than one that skates through to the playoffs, and is maybe not thoroughly prepared for the hard-hitting physicality of the win-or-you-are-out post-season. We know this only too well through bitter experience.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Good post........... One thing I've always gotten a chuckle over is this though. When Peyton was in Indianapolis if you were to go to the Indy Star Newspaper or to the Indy Star message board you'd see very, very little about Tom Brady. Honestly. Very little, and if you did 90% of it would be amicable and respectful. They hardly ever talked about Brady except the week before a Patriot-Indy game. Go to the Denver Post right now. I doubt very much Brady's name is even mentioned. I've never seen one article entitled "Who's Better, Manning or Brady?" In Boston they've always been absolutely obsessed with Manning. The fans and the media. Good lord. That's all they talk about and almost all of them try to put Manning down whenever possible. If you were a psychologist what would you think. I'd say someone has a bit of an inferiority complex here and it ain't the Manning camp.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I find it curious when Brady was burning it up in the undefeated regular season, I don't rmember headlines like "the best ever" I may be wrong. But the Manning mania is getting to Brett Farvre retirement levels.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In the end the donkos will wilt, and pouting will face tougher competition, who will prepare better than the cupcakes he's facing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

One big problem is that folks tend to lump the regular season and the post season together when they discuss great QBs. 

I do believe Manning is the best regular season QB of all time, if not, he's on the shortest possible list. 

But his postseason record indicates struggles under pressure. His brother has played better in Super Bowls than him. 

That said, Manning is narrowing the gap on Brady due to the face that Brady, while playing well in his last two Super Bowl losses, was outplayed by a Manning, and then in other postseasons Brady has had some rough outings. That has narrowed a lot of the stats and the gap. 

Peyton still has to do more in the postseason to warrant a comparison with Brady, but another ring on his finger would make the Peyton-Brady debate more interesting. This year should be a fascinating one in that regard. Brady may have a chance to close the door on that debate, or Peyton may pry it open. 

For now, let the talking heads talk. We'll see what the postseason brings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the talk about who is better quited down for a bit, especially with Peyton out 2 years ago. For a little bit Aaron Rodgers was being hailed the best in the NFL. Now, with Peyton back to form, both 4-0 the coversations strike back up. I like it, it's good for fans.

Personally, debating which one of these two is better is slot better than having Brett Favre thrown down our throats or anything to do with RG3.

It all has to do with who is hot. Not too long ago people would throw in Ben Roethlisberger when mentioning who is the best QB. Then, it became almost sexy to say "yeah, but if I need one game winning drive, I'm going with Eli."

At the end of the day, It's still Brady or Manning.

I'll take Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

One big problem is that folks tend to lump the regular season and the post season together when they discuss great QBs. 

I do believe Manning is the best regular season QB of all time, if not, he's on the shortest possible list. 

But his postseason record indicates struggles under pressure. His brother has played better in Super Bowls than him. 

That said, Manning is narrowing the gap on Brady due to the face that Brady, while playing well in his last two Super Bowl losses, was outplayed by a Manning, and then in other postseasons Brady has had some rough outings. That has narrowed a lot of the stats and the gap. 

Peyton still has to do more in the postseason to warrant a comparison with Brady, but another ring on his finger would make the Peyton-Brady debate more interesting. This year should be a fascinating one in that regard. Brady may have a chance to close the door on that debate, or Peyton may pry it open. 

For now, let the talking heads talk. We'll see what the postseason brings.

I don't like lumping the regualr season and post season together. To me, Dan Marino is one of the best QB's i've ever seen. The fact that Trent Dilfer has a ring and he never won one, doesnt change that for me. Old Dan could sure sling it.