Brady must be perfect in 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Brady must be perfect in 2011

Since the Patriot brass hasn't addressed the defensive side of the ball in this years draft, despite being one of the worst in the league, Tom Brady will have to play perfect football with minimal int's.  

While I have no doubt Brady is capable of playing up to the task, it seems to me the logical thing to do would be to build some type of support for the best QB in the league.

The Patriots are right now build for a solid regular season team as long as Brady is at full strength.  But come playoff time in Jan, I don't see them getting far without a solid D and weak running game.  They say Defense wins championships, well the Pats don't have one.  Fact, not opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Re: Brady must be perfect in 2011

another real genius.  they gave up the 8th fewest points last year of any defense.  Points is all that matters.  I'll take the 8th fewest points allowed even with the worst 3rd down defense.  Maybe, just maybe cunningham and spikes make the usual jump from year 1 to year 2, plus the return of warren and leigh bodden and the addition of dowling help.

Call me crazy, but BB always has a plan.  So tired of you moron fans who think your smarter then BB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

and get your facts straight.  I wouldn't call the team that gave up the 8th least points in the league the worst defense in the league genius.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Actually, I don't think that's an accurate take on it. If you take the entire 2010 season, the defense was subpar statistically. But they were top ten in the league in takeaways, and with the offense holding onto the ball that is a lot more effective than stats. As for 2011 (if there is one) I think these young guys will be better. They were last in September, but top 10 in December. There is still FA to come, so some needs may be addressed there. Somehow they need to put pressure on opposing QBs. Can these guys step up or will someone be brought in? I'll wait and see. A healthy D line would help in that area, too. Too many times Vince was playing DT, instead of taking up two guys in the middle. But we all know what Brady does, and that is be one of the best in the league at avoiding sacks and turnovers. The loss to the Jests was due to lack of execution on offense. Other than that last TD the defense was keeping them in the game. Hopefully with another year under their belts they'll be as good in January as they are in December. What I wouldn't give for a Willie Mac clone, though.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Yes but Defense wins championships is not a fact its an opinion

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Grogan77, since everyone else covered the "no defense" comment I'll cover the "weak running game" comment. Do you realize in 2010 your New England Patriots ran the ball 454 times for 1973 yards! Thats a 4.3 YPC avg and an avg of 123.3 yards per game! (keep in mind both those averages are brought down By Tom Bradys 31 carries for 30 yards, and Brian Hoyers 10 kneeldowns for -8 yards) Delete the two QB's and your avg goes up to 4.72 YPC. Not too shabby! But because all the yardage wasn't gained by one feature back, clueless "fans" like yourself think the running game was weak. And just for good measure....out of those 454 carries, there were only TWO fumbles, of which only 1 was lost!
    But if thats not good enough for you, we drafted a feature back in round 2, a thumper in round 3, and two mammoth OL's to open holes for them. The running game was effective last year, and will be more so this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^^^^

Nice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

And to add to Quagmire's post, I don't think running the ball was the problem (passing the ball definitely wasn't the problem) but the timing of running/passing plays was the problem at certain times. I still expect O'Brien to grow into the role and get even better. He had a great run last year and froze up in the playoffs a bit. At the same time, the players that delivered time and time again during the year didn't deliver to their full capacity (starting with Brady) so I certainly don't blame that entire loss on O'Brien.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Brady must be perfect in 2011:
    Since the Patriot brass hasn't addressed the defensive side of the ball in this years draft, despite being one of the worst in the league, Tom Brady will have to play perfect football with minimal int's.   While I have no doubt Brady is capable of playing up to the task, it seems to me the logical thing to do would be to build some type of support for the best QB in the league. The Patriots are right now build for a solid regular season team as long as Brady is at full strength.  But come playoff time in Jan, I don't see them getting far without a solid D and weak running game.  They say Defense wins championships, well the Pats don't have one.  Fact, not opinion.
    Posted by Grogan77

Now now, the kool-aide drinkers will tell you the genius has it all under perfect control. Two years straight of one and out is all Brady's fault, not a crap D. I'm sure they are hoping he will retire soon since he is holding BB back from continuing to be the greatest mind in football history.

Sections
Shortcuts