Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP?

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2009/10/29/brady-wins-afc-monthly-honor/

Amazing that he gets this award when to the keen observer he is still not quite up to speed yet! I believe its his play that is helping out the defense also, in terms of how he moves the ball down field while taking lots of time off the clock. The Pats could have both the best ranked defense and offense by the end of the year. The next 5 games should seal it all. Let's see how this stretch works out! I still have issues with Brady off the field, but on it the guy is still the BEST today, tomorrow and the BEST there ever will be!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP?

Hey killa
    Win the next 5 games and he should get it..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I agree with justme2, if he wins at least 4 of the next five games with great performances he has a shot, but he needs Peyton to slow down some because, and I hate to say this, he is tearing it up right now. But I am sure Tom does not care and he would rather win with modest numbers then lose a few with great numbers!

Go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Brady will have to beat both New orleans and the Colts and be more impressive at QB than either Peyton or Brees for that to happen, plus Pats will have to end up with a better regular season record than Indy! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Remember, Manning is doing it with a couple of rookies at wide out, too and another contributing rookie at rb. 

Also, Wayne is bangged up last week and is questionable this week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Wow he beat the last two teams who have a combined record of 0-14.  Stop the presses Brady is back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I would rather see PM get the mvp and Brady get the SB Trophy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP?:
    [QUOTE]http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2009/10/29/brady-wins-afc-monthly-honor/ Amazing that he gets this award when to the keen observer he is still not quite up to speed yet! I believe its his play that is helping out the defense also, in terms of how he moves the ball down field while taking lots of time off the clock. The Pats could have both the best ranked defense and offense by the end of the year. The next 5 games should seal it all. Let's see how this stretch works out! I still have issues with Brady off the field, but on it the guy is still the BEST today, tomorrow and the BEST there ever will be!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]
    I would say the front runner for MVP is Drew Brees. Brady will have to play out of his mind to beat him out. Brees is now the typical flavor of the month for the media and they'll push him because he hasn't won it before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP?:
    [QUOTE]Remember, Manning is doing it with a couple of rookies at wide out, too and another contributing rookie at rb.  Also, Wayne is bangged up last week and is questionable this week.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

They won't give those reasons much consideration though when it comes time to vote. They never do and they don't usually pick the right guy just like the coach of year. They love going with the guy that hasn't won it whether he deserves it or not.
    It'll be Drew this year unless he gets hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

I think Brees and Manning would get it before TB.

But, if TB's stats continue on this run and the team goes well into the playoffs, then the Comeback Award might be justifiable.

Again, all that really matters is that Lombardi trophy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP?:
    [QUOTE]I would rather see PM get the mvp and Brady get the SB Trophy.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]Why not both, along with the comeback award. look, in 20 years when brady is retired and the next "greatest of all time" is reminding everyone of brady, i want to be able to bring up all these awards just like the Jordan guys do when the Kobephiles get going to keep that new GOAT right in his little place! In suit or not, there will be NEVER be another brady!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP? : They won't give those reasons much consideration though when it comes time to vote. They never do and they don't usually pick the right guy just like the coach of year. They love going with the guy that hasn't won it whether he deserves it or not. It'll be Drew this year unless he gets hurt.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

HA! Saytan Manning always wins whether he deserves it or not, just look at what happened last year. Either Drew or Rivers should have gotten that MVP trophy, but the Golden QB got it because "He did it on a bum knee". 

QB rating   Completion %     Yards     YA      TD     INT
    Peyton Manning           95.0            66.8            4002     7.2      27      14
    Drew Brees                 96.2             65              5069     8.0      34      17
    Philip Rivers               105.5           65.3            4009     8.4      36      11

I hope when the writers are voting they remember that Brady is doing it this year on a bum knee, too. So his stats might not be as good as Peyton and Drew, but Brady was out all season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP? : HA! Saytan Manning always wins whether he deserves it or not, just look at what happen last year. Either Drew or Rivers should have gotten that MVP trophy, but the Golden QB got it because "He did it on a bum knee".                               QB rating   Completion %     Yards     YA      TD     INT Peyton Manning           95.0            66.8            4002     7.2      27      14 Drew Brees                 96.2             65              5069     8.0      34      17 Philip Rivers               105.5           65.3            4009     8.4      36      11 I hope when the writers are voting they remember that Brady is doing it this year on a bum knee, too. So his stats might not be as good as Peyton and Drew, but Brady was out all season. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

That kinda was my point..They never pick the right guy or the guy who truly is most valuable. Brees didn't get his just deserts last year but this year the hype is huge. If Manning wins again I'll agree that we have a Red communist conspiracy within the NFL and call for Arlen Specter to call for another congressional investigation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP? : HA! Saytan Manning always wins whether he deserves it or not, just look at what happened last year. Either Drew or Rivers should have gotten that MVP trophy, but the Golden QB got it because "He did it on a bum knee".                               QB rating   Completion %     Yards     YA      TD     INT Peyton Manning           95.0            66.8            4002     7.2      27      14 Drew Brees                 96.2             65              5069     8.0      34      17 Philip Rivers               105.5           65.3            4009     8.4      36      11 I hope when the writers are voting they remember that Brady is doing it this year on a bum knee, too. So his stats might not be as good as Peyton and Drew, but Brady was out all season. 
    Except of course that Brady had an entire season and offseason and preseason to rehab.  Remember in Feb when he was running and throwing without a brace and looked great? 

On the other hand, Manning had surgery during training camp.  He had one month to rehab and no camp or preseason work. 

That said, I think Brady is back and as some have said, if he wins 4 of the next 5 which would include wins against either the colts or saints and performs well, he could easily be the front runner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Manning also missed a year of football too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP? : Except of course that Brady had an entire season and offseason and preseason to rehab.  Remember in Feb when he was running and throwing without a brace and looked great?  On the other hand, Manning had surgery during training camp.  He had one month to rehab and no camp or preseason work.  That said, I think Brady is back and as some have said, if he wins 4 of the next 5 which would include wins against either the colts or saints and performs well, he could easily be the front runner.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Dogg, you and your double-standard. Taking a year off Football is alot worst than not playing in any pre-season games with the same receiving corps you had for the past two years. Brady had to get used to Game speed, his accuracy was off, bad football decisions (throwing that pick to Moss in the Endzone against TB, was soo Sanchez-like), and a tougher schedule. Manning just had to play some games as if they were pre-season games, and with a the same WRs, TEs, OL, and most important element of all, OC, Manning had an easy time getting back to playing Football. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I think Brady will end with better stats than Brees, but maybe not Peyton.. reason being? Look who the colts have left to play.  He'll shred every team except the Pats.  Peyton will probably have about 35-40 TD's.

Who cares tho.. Remember what happened when Peyton won his MVP's? I do.

Remember what happened when Brady won his?.. Yeah, we all do.. ugh.

I think Brady will run away with Comeback Player of the Year.  If the Pats go 13-3 and he has a great TD-INT ratio and throws for 4,000 yards then he has a good chance at the MVP.. but who cares.

Let Peyton have his 4th MVP trophy.. let Brady have his 4th LOMBARDI TROPHY!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I think Brady will end with better stats than Brees, but maybe not Peyton.. reason being? Look who the colts have left to play.  He'll shred every team except the Pats.  Peyton will probably have about 35-40 TD's. Who cares tho.. Remember what happened when Peyton won his MVP's? I do. Remember what happened when Brady won his?.. Yeah, we all do.. ugh. I think Brady will run away with Comeback Player of the Year.  If the Pats go 13-3 and he has a great TD-INT ratio and throws for 4,000 yards then he has a good chance at the MVP.. but who cares. Let Peyton have his 4th MVP trophy.. let Brady have his 4th LOMBARDI TROPHY!!
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Did you notice the trend, too? For every MVP trophy Manning has, Brady has a Lombardi to match. And it works vice-versa, for every MvP Brady has, Manning has a Lombardi to match. Maybe, it would be better if Manning won a MVP every year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

The only one I care about is Super Bowl MVP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP? : Did you notice the trend, too? For every MVP trophy Manning has, Brady has a Lombardi to match. And it works vice-versa, for every MvP Brady has, Manning has a Lombardi to match. Maybe, it would be better if Manning won a MVP every year?

Yeah, I thought it was quite interesting to see it.  (It was even more interesting to see Brady's MVP trophy and the 3 Lombardis in person!!).

I would love to see Brady take him a 4th Lombardi and see Welker take home the SB MVP award.  Wes needs some bigger national recognition outside of the Pro Bowl.  I honestly think he would've won it if they Pats had won SB42.. but oh well, that's over and done. 

I've been saying it since the offseason.. Patriots in SB44.  I had it called since the off-season before SB42 and I have the same feeling about this Pats team.  But, I think they'll win it this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

It is too early to vote - Brees has a tendency to peter out and Manning is always great in the regular season.

At this point though, I would say that Brady has the Comeback Player of the Year locked up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady named Offensive Player Of the Month...Could he win the MVP? : Dogg, you and your double-standard. Taking a year off Football is alot worst than not playing in any pre-season games with the same receiving corps you had for the past two years. Brady had to get used to Game speed, his accuracy was off, bad football decisions (throwing that pick to Moss in the Endzone against TB, was soo Sanchez-like), and a tougher schedule. Manning just had to play some games as if they were pre-season games, and with a the same WRs, TEs, OL, and most important element of all, OC, Manning had an easy time getting back to playing Football. 
    49 pat -  I think you are right.  I don't think I was thinking about this correctly and was only considering the length of time to rehab, not the playing time lost. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Until Peyton, and the Colts, fall flat on their faces, Brady is not in the lead for the MVP.  Peyton, far and away, is the cog that is keeping the Colts wagon going.  It may take a strong showing in their head to head battle with some bad Manning games thrown in.  Remember, many folks remember how bad TB looked in the Jets and Denver games. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Tom Brady may be one of the most accurate short passers of all time but he is no payton manning. Payton manning is the best alla-around quarterback of the new era. Brady has never mastered the long pass. Every time he throws a long one, you hold your breath and think it is going to be another overthrow. Like someone mentioned, Payton manning makes rookie receivers look like all-pros. He rarely misses a long pass even under pressure and always capatilizes on defensive mistakes.

I am a Pats fan and just say it like I see it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Brady may be one of the most accurate short passers of all time but he is no payton manning. Payton manning is the best alla-around quarterback of the new era. Brady has never mastered the long pass. Every time he throws a long one, you hold your breath and think it is going to be another overthrow. Like someone mentioned, Payton manning makes rookie receivers look like all-pros. He rarely misses a long pass even under pressure and always capatilizes on defensive mistakes. I am a Pats fan and just say it like I see it!
    Posted by rezadude[/QUOTE]

Haha. I don't care who you root for. They flashed a stat pregame week one or two that showed Brady is the most proficient deep ball passer since he has joined the league. LMAO.

That doesn't take anything away from Manning or any other QB, and I have no intention of flogging that horse again, but frankly your post is nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts