Brady Needs To Be Better

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Brady Needs To Be Better

I think the best part of the article is when they say the team doesn't have the defense it used to and thus relies on Brady more...it's true. Truth is Brady has thrown picks in past Super Bowls that we won, but those teams were better. The defense was a joke in Super Bowl 46 - Brady wins the MVP trophy in that game easily if we win it. Too bad the defense couldn't stop a high school team during it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

This is a ridiculous discussion.  Both the offense and defense could have played better against the Giants in the two Super Bowls.  Each game was a team loss.  Plus the Giants had a huge amount of luck.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought Reiss had an interesting take on the game plan in his mail bag...Are the pats running because they don't think they have an advantage passing with this set of pass catchers? Even with out Harris, do the pats have the advantage taking to the air?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the best part of the article is when they say the team doesn't have the defense it used to and thus relies on Brady more...it's true. Truth is Brady has thrown picks in past Super Bowls that we won, but those teams were better. The defense was a joke in Super Bowl 46 - Brady wins the MVP trophy in that game easily if we win it. Too bad the defense couldn't stop a high school team during it.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't read it. I am still recovering from being stunned that a New England based writer formed the headline.

bawhhaha!

The defense outplayed the offense in SB 46. Fact.

The offense was a a joke as it was in SB 42, vs the Jets, or even last year vs Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

^ Always the dishonest phony.

You practically cream yourself when the article says something you like, then ignore it when it directly refutes you.

You are worthless here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This is a ridiculous discussion.  Both the offense and defense could have played better against the Giants in the two Super Bowls.  Each game was a team loss.  Plus the Giants had a huge amount of luck."

Please do not use this kind of logic and sense in here. You have to remember we have a couple Belichick Krishnas and anti-Brady zealots in here who do not get outside much. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

never seen one guy start so many random threads from random sources...

not an issue just an observation

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think a lot of people blame the D only because people in general blame the "last vote".  If you are voting for class President and the vote is tied at 73-73, the final person to cast his vote will be blamed by the loser.  It's quite illogical but it's just how us humans think.  In our last 2 SB appearances, our D was the "last person to vote."  They took the field with a late lead and left the field losing.  Whereas they did not give up many points, they gave up the lead in the final moments and therefore get the same blame as the person above voting for class President and casting the final vote.  It is illogical to blame them.  They only gave up 17 and 21 points.  That's NOT that bad.  Our offense scored 14 and 17 points, that IS bad.

HOWEVER....I don't place the blame all on Brady.  I place it collectively on our offense in general.  QB's get too much credit when a team wins and too much blame when they lose.  Even mistakes like interceptions can be caused by a guy not being in the right place.  We had an offensive philosophy that was too vulnerable to good defenses able to generate pressure without bringing in extra people.  Us and a bunch of other teams.  Fact is that since 2007 the Pats have looked more like the Manning Colts than the Pats.  They played just like them.

HOWEVER.....this year is different.  We no longer look like the Manning Colts.  We look like the championship Pats.  Our offense will be better because we are no longer a 1-trick pony.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

never seen one guy start so many random threads from random sources...

not an issue just an observation

[/QUOTE]

why does rusty do that? such a random post....Laughing

[/QUOTE]

ohhh i get it.. you're trying to annoy him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think a lot of people blame the D only because people in general blame the "last vote".  If you are voting for class President and the vote is tied at 73-73, the final person to cast his vote will be blamed by the loser.  It's quite illogical but it's just how us humans think.  In our last 2 SB appearances, our D was the "last person to vote."  They took the field with a late lead and left the field losing.  Whereas they did not give up many points, they gave up the lead in the final moments and therefore get the same blame as the person above voting for class President and casting the final vote.  It is illogical to blame them.  They only gave up 17 and 21 points.  That's NOT that bad.  Our offense scored 14 and 17 points, that IS bad.

HOWEVER....I don't place the blame all on Brady.  I place it collectively on our offense in general.  QB's get too much credit when a team wins and too much blame when they lose.  Even mistakes like interceptions can be caused by a guy not being in the right place.  We had an offensive philosophy that was too vulnerable to good defenses able to generate pressure without bringing in extra people.  Us and a bunch of other teams.  Fact is that since 2007 the Pats have looked more like the Manning Colts than the Pats.  They played just like them.

HOWEVER.....this year is different.  We no longer look like the Manning Colts.  We look like the championship Pats.  Our offense will be better because we are no longer a 1-trick pony.

[/QUOTE]

19. I try to forget about the game, so my memory of it is fuzzy. I believe this was the game with the safety.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not at all. what's wrong with the op and link provided?

[/QUOTE]

just random. nothing wrong with it. I just noticed you post many threads with random articles. you read alot of stuff

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a little.  Gives people things to talk about; if interested. People have different interests and things they like to talk about.  I like reading the different ops here. Lots of good contributors for the most part. I don't take things too seriously...it's just football...and this is just a forum.

[/QUOTE]

true true, good point.

anways, to answer your original post:

I think its obvious that  Brady needs to step up in the AFCCG. He has made boneheaded decisions in the last few and got lucky last week throwing a ball into the endzone dropped by Bethea.

He needs to tighten up his mind and take a sack if a play isnt there. He doesn't have Randy Moss on this team. No one on this team can go up and get it for him.

With that said, the defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down (always a struggle) and needs to come up with the TIMELY stop. (which has been so-so)

blame falls on brady and everywhere else too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts