Brady needs to be under center more often!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Brady needs to be under center more often!

In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : Ok, that's fine - I love Bruschi and respect his opinion, but does that mean he's right?  So I guess what you're supporting is that we just go into every game and have a shoot out with everyone we play?  I'm not suggesting we don't pass anymore or go no huddle, etc... All I'm suggesting is that we bring a little more physicallity into the game plan and make the defense think twice about whether we are gonna run or pass!
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

Agreed on one front: physicality. I dont' see it anymore. It's not just because of this loss (you'll notice that I never contribute to the 'end of the world' threads around here) but I've felt that for a while now: the Pats are finesse. I see how the Jets play, how the Packers play, how the Steelers play. Ravens, Chargers, Bears, Bucs. They play PHYSICAL. I don't see the Patriots are a physical team anymore. We're very finesse mentally and physically. I have nothing to back that but it's just what I see on my screen during games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : You call Darren Sproles a "big running back"? Those days are gone.  Just like no one (but you?) uses a sliderule anymore or learns how to graph on paper.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Will somebody get this guy his meds please??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : Will somebody get this guy his meds please??
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

LOL, I have absolutely no idea WT F he's talking about! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : Agreed on one front: physicality. I dont' see it anymore. It's not just because of this loss (you'll notice that I never contribute to the 'end of the world' threads around here) but I've felt that for a while now: the Pats are finesse. I see how the Jets play, how the Packers play, how the Steelers play. Ravens, Chargers, Bears, Bucs. They play PHYSICAL. I don't see the Patriots are a physical team anymore. We're very finesse mentally and physically. I have nothing to back that but it's just what I see on my screen during games.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Well to your/Bruschi's point, everyone seems to becoming finess.  Wouldn't a good counter to that be a strong ground attack to complement the shotgun spread? 

All I'm saying is let's mix it up a little bit with some more balance and we'll be alright... 

If we stay down the pass happy path, sure Brady will put up crazy numbers but I guarantee we won't win a championship!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

They showed a list of players on NFL network that had record breaking seasons as QB's. In 25 years only one guy who led the league in passing went on to win a championship.  Its just not a recipe for success.  Sure you can say it is, by lying to yourself and saying Look at New Orleans (they had a great run game) or look at Green Bay last year. (A-Rod was great, but didnt pass every down or break records, and G.B. also has a pass rush and playmakers in the secondary)

The Colts in 06' ran the ball more that year than any other year in the previous 5

Am I missing anyone?  Giants won with defense, Steelers, Ravens, our old Patriots...  you can sprinkle in a few teams w/great QB play but they still ran more than they passed the year they won. 

Sections
Shortcuts