Brady needs to be under center more often!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Brady needs to be under center more often!

In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often!:
    In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : Ok, that's fine - I love Bruschi and respect his opinion, but does that mean he's right?  So I guess what you're supporting is that we just go into every game and have a shoot out with everyone we play?  I'm not suggesting we don't pass anymore or go no huddle, etc... All I'm suggesting is that we bring a little more physicallity into the game plan and make the defense think twice about whether we are gonna run or pass!
    Posted by deluxbury

Agreed on one front: physicality. I dont' see it anymore. It's not just because of this loss (you'll notice that I never contribute to the 'end of the world' threads around here) but I've felt that for a while now: the Pats are finesse. I see how the Jets play, how the Packers play, how the Steelers play. Ravens, Chargers, Bears, Bucs. They play PHYSICAL. I don't see the Patriots are a physical team anymore. We're very finesse mentally and physically. I have nothing to back that but it's just what I see on my screen during games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : You call Darren Sproles a "big running back"? Those days are gone.  Just like no one (but you?) uses a sliderule anymore or learns how to graph on paper.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Will somebody get this guy his meds please??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : Will somebody get this guy his meds please??
    Posted by JayShizzle45

LOL, I have absolutely no idea WT F he's talking about! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Brady needs to be under center more often! : Agreed on one front: physicality. I dont' see it anymore. It's not just because of this loss (you'll notice that I never contribute to the 'end of the world' threads around here) but I've felt that for a while now: the Pats are finesse. I see how the Jets play, how the Packers play, how the Steelers play. Ravens, Chargers, Bears, Bucs. They play PHYSICAL. I don't see the Patriots are a physical team anymore. We're very finesse mentally and physically. I have nothing to back that but it's just what I see on my screen during games.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Well to your/Bruschi's point, everyone seems to becoming finess.  Wouldn't a good counter to that be a strong ground attack to complement the shotgun spread? 

All I'm saying is let's mix it up a little bit with some more balance and we'll be alright... 

If we stay down the pass happy path, sure Brady will put up crazy numbers but I guarantee we won't win a championship!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

They showed a list of players on NFL network that had record breaking seasons as QB's. In 25 years only one guy who led the league in passing went on to win a championship.  Its just not a recipe for success.  Sure you can say it is, by lying to yourself and saying Look at New Orleans (they had a great run game) or look at Green Bay last year. (A-Rod was great, but didnt pass every down or break records, and G.B. also has a pass rush and playmakers in the secondary)

The Colts in 06' ran the ball more that year than any other year in the previous 5

Am I missing anyone?  Giants won with defense, Steelers, Ravens, our old Patriots...  you can sprinkle in a few teams w/great QB play but they still ran more than they passed the year they won. 

Sections
Shortcuts