Brady needs to copy Sanchez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Brady needs to copy Sanchez

before everyone goes all nutty, or pulls out the hair barrette jokes...

just like Sanchez's WR camp, Brady needs to take the lead with this WR/TE group, including Amendola and get them to Cali this offseason for a couple weeks of work together. there cannot be another season of "we are not on the same page", nor can there be "Boyce pulled his hammy in summer camp so he is behind the entire year".

TB missed Edelman and Collie deep. Been hashed over here to death. What isnt mentioned is that Amendola was open most of the game. TB went his way 1 time (drop). Are they not on the same page? No trust level? Find the same page and find the trust.

Edelman went to work with TB in the offseason, there is no reason these other guys cant put in the work.

Interesting comment made to me by TBrown regarding this: there is one WR that will be in Cali banging on TB's door. He will be out there even uninvited, and on his own dime. He wants to be on this team next year, and will do what ever it takes. ACollie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Brady needs to copy Sanchez

Copy that karp, Tom Brady needs to be more like your guy Mark Sanchez....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

in getting his WR's this off season to work with him and end the excuses, yes he does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

in getting his WR's this off season to work with him and end the excuses, yes he does.

End what excuses?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I'm sure the rookies who are now 2nd year guys will follow DA and julian Edelman lead this offseason.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/03/patriots-brady-amendola-working-out-in-california/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

End what excuses?

Boyce came to camp hurt and fell behind

Dobson didnt "get it" in camp and was passed by KT

KT stopped working hard and was benched mid season

Amendola's missed time with his concussion put him out of sync with TB once he came back, and they never got comfortable

Look, Champ, you can jealously dog me all around this board like that other puppy dog Russell does. While you are following me around and licking my feet, at least acknowledge these WR's are going to be here next year, and have to step up along with TB and do a better job. It needs to start this off season, similar to what TB did with Edelman, and yes, similar to what Sanchez did with the Jets WR's.

Reiss repeatedly mentions the "2nd year" jump and references the Bengals Marvin Jones. Agree or disagree, but it doesnt happen if TB does not look their way. That needs to improve with each WR and TB

Why does it bother you that Sanchez is mentioned? Because he plays for the Jets? Because he was poorly managed by the Jets? Regardless, it is a good idea...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He has done this just recently done this with Edelman and Amendola.....................

The rookies couldn't join because of college considerations.  I am sure you'll read something this off season about the other WR's (Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce) meeting up with TB. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I'm sure the rookies who are now 2nd year guys will follow DA and julian Edelman lead this offseason.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/03/patriots-brady-amendola-working-out-in-california/

good find. I was not aware DA went out there. But what a difference between his Bills game 1 performance and his Broncos last game performance with his comfort level with TB. He went from the go to guy to the forgotten guy. Why? Injury? Comfort level? TB confidence level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

good find. I was not aware DA went out there. But what a difference between his Bills game 1 performance and his Broncos last game performance with his comfort level with TB. He went from the go to guy to the forgotten guy. Why? Injury? Comfort level? TB confidence level.

I don't think it is possible to recover from a full tear groin injury very easily.  Adrian peterson had the same type injury and he struggled also.

“Actually, it was bothering me a lot,” Peterson said, via the Pioneer Press. “There were a couple plays in the first half, oh man, I knew if I was able to explode the way I normally do I could have gotten some big chunks, even taken it to the house.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/18/groin-injury-limited-adrian-peterson-on-sunday/

I know DA has serious issues with health but when he is healthy he is a legit receiver. The one year he played a full season he had 85 catches. If healthy for a full year with brady who knows what he could do. That being said it seems he may never be able to stay on the field long enough for the pats to realize his full potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Oh, GAWD!!!  I have never seen so many attempts by fans here to "re-tool" Tom Brady, the walk-in HoF QB.

We were all smiles and giggles when Brady was setting records, team was scoring gobbs of points etc..   Now, the TEAM falls flat on its face in the AFCCG and it is BRADY that needs to be re-tooled.  The REST of the team is in great shape, right?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think it is possible to recover from a full tear groin injury very easily.  Adrian peterson had the same type injury and he struggled also.

“Actually, it was bothering me a lot,” Peterson said, via the Pioneer Press. “There were a couple plays in the first half, oh man, I knew if I was able to explode the way I normally do I could have gotten some big chunks, even taken it to the house.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/18/groin-injury-limited-adrian-peterson-on-sunday/

I know DA has serious issues with health but when he is healthy he is a legit receiver. The one year he played a full season he had 85 catches. If healthy for a full year with brady who knows what he could do. That being said it seems he may never be able to stay on the field long enough for the pats to realize his full potential.

he certainly looked legit against the Bills in game 1.

go back to the game Sunday however. Amendola was clearly open numerous times. TB not see him? TB not have confidence in him? Granted, he did drop the 1 ball, but what happened to TB's favorite WR is the open one?

Regardless, this offense can improve IMO with some moves;

-put Cannon into the starting RG spot and move Connolly to C. Allow Wendell to walk in free agency

-Vollmer back to health

-Bolden back to full health

-WR's take the next step in development starting in the offseason

-draft a mobile pass catching TE 

-resign Hooman    

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Oh, GAWD!!!  I have never seen so many attempts by fans here to "re-tool" Tom Brady, the walk-in HoF QB.

We were all smiles and giggles when Brady was setting records, team was scoring gobbs of points etc..   Now, the TEAM falls flat on its face in the AFCCG and it is BRADY that needs to be re-tooled.  The REST of the team is in great shape, right?

Tommy Boy choked. He's been choking alot lately. Its time you realize that Tommy Boy cannot win w/o video tapes. 

Do you choke on your rubber Manning dick?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

he certainly looked legit against the Bills in game 1.

go back to the game Sunday however. Amendola was clearly open numerous times. TB not see him? TB not have confidence in him? Granted, he did drop the 1 ball, but what happened to TB's favorite WR is the open one?

Regardless, this offense can improve IMO with some moves;

-put Cannon into the starting RG spot and move Connolly to C. Allow Wendell to walk in free agency

-Vollmer back to health

-Bolden back to full health

-WR's take the next step in development starting in the offseason

-draft a mobile pass catching TE 

-resign Hooman    

Don't disagree with any of those moves. I have been saying all year that wendell isn't big enough to deal with the DT's he goes up aginst. The perfect illustration of that was Sunday on when brady overthrew edelman in the end zone. Wendell got pushed back into the pocket and brady had to throw high to avoid the pass getting knocked down. On those plays wendell needs to move his guy left or right but he just isn't stong enough.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Actually, it is. Just think if the injuries didn't occur.   This team is loaded. No GM has had better drafts off the lockout than BB.

1. In 2013, BB had a great draft in terms of need positions and quality. Each draft pick contributed, mostly in strong ways. The future looks incredibly bright.

2. The RBs, when used, were great.  From 1-4, NE had arguably the best stable of backs in the Conference. The question is, would they be used?

3. Tom Brady has not had two good back to back postseason games since 2004.

Anyone caring about stats in a bloated era where everyone from Stafford to Cutler to Romo has em, is a moron.

I am not "giggling" about any Brady stats because I know they mean nothing in January.

We can only imagine if they didn't at the rate they did and the players who were hurt.

As for TBs performances, seems you are more critical of him when the team loses versus when it wins and his "stats" aren't up in the stratosphere.  His stats in the win against the Colts were worse than the loss against the Broncos.  Regardless, a common theme these last three seasons, Brady lost his #1 go to player on offense each season or at playoff time. BB needs to step up to give him some weapons and a defense, too.  It works both ways.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

End what excuses?

Boyce came to camp hurt and fell behind

Dobson didnt "get it" in camp and was passed by KT

KT stopped working hard and was benched mid season

Amendola's missed time with his concussion put him out of sync with TB once he came back, and they never got comfortable

Look, Champ, you can jealously dog me all around this board like that other puppy dog Russell does. While you are following me around and licking my feet, at least acknowledge these WR's are going to be here next year, and have to step up along with TB and do a better job. It needs to start this off season, similar to what TB did with Edelman, and yes, similar to what Sanchez did with the Jets WR's.

Reiss repeatedly mentions the "2nd year" jump and references the Bengals Marvin Jones. Agree or disagree, but it doesnt happen if TB does not look their way. That needs to improve with each WR and TB

Why does it bother you that Sanchez is mentioned? Because he plays for the Jets? Because he was poorly managed by the Jets? Regardless, it is a good idea...

This premise is silly, the receivers suck so it is up to Brady to pull some high school captain's practice like Sanchez. You know he typically works out with the receivers who want to in the offseason, Hernedez even attended last year. If Boyce can't and Dobson won't put in the work, why is it Brady's fault? You just sound like a Jets fan right now.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Brady choked again in the postseason. Nothing new to see here. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty...  you do come across as if McD and BB do not have a clue as to what is happening in a game.  Didn't you see the run game was going ABSOLUTELY no where in the game?  You keep saying establish the run, establish the run...  at what cost?  To fall behind and then see the Broncos eat up clock during their possessions?  Pats only had 24 minutes for ToP and the ball only once in the 3rd Q.  In the Colts game, with the run game going so well, Brady, as told by many of the players on offense, checked off of MANY called pass plays to have a run play instead. Is that a sign of a QB who is all about himself and all he wants to do is call "his" number and pass the ball?

You know what BB said in the presser a few weeks ago..  the team calls plays based on what the opponent is giving them.  Secondly, we all acknowledged the receivers in the Broncos game just were not getting open and Brady was being pressured a lot.  The only time pass plays worked is when he would swing out of the pocket after faking a handoff.  Brady couldn't stay in the pocket most times that day.  I know, totally his fault and he failed on D.

• Sections
    Shortcuts