Brady needs to start elevating his game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Brady needs to start elevating his game

Hey, you just kind of knew that something like yesterday would happen sooner or later. That's the mark of a young team. I have no issue with that. What I have issue with right now is the play of Brady. He needs to get on track and then some. Start throwing this young offense on your back and make some ACCURATE throws for cryin' out loud. I realize there were many drops but the last few weeks his accuracy has been horrible! Even on the first TD that should have been a pick. Maybe the Pats don't stretch the field because Brady can't seem to find accuracy on the deep go routes. He misses more than he hits. Brady needs to "be the man", step up and evate his game because right now it's mediocre!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Brady needs to start elevating his game

He'll get better because that's what he does.

He had a 90 rating yesterday. Not bad , but he's capable of more and he'd be the first one to blame himself and be accountable, and not say, blame his O Line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

He did a decent job yesterday with little help. Sure, he had a few passes get away from him but he didn't make any crucial mistakes either. He got the ball moving and then the momentum usually got killed by a fumble or a drop. He wasn't able to get into any rhytm. The team played terribly yesterday, but he didn't lose the game and wasn't really given a chance to win it. The defense let the Browns run the ball, run out the clock, keep Brady off the field, and kept scoring. The Browns consistently had great position when given the ball and the Pats had the opposite. It was a bad game by everyone yesterday, not Brady alone. He could have thrown two interceptions yesterday like Manning did and have a team with a worse record...

Brady so far has a 63.6 completion percentage, 14 TDs to only 4 INTs, and a 95.7 rating. I'm not complaining because it could be MUCH worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Absolutely. And this is what I mean, by saying we are lucky. Look at those numbers, and we now have an angry and more determined BB and Brady.

I like those odds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Brady needs to start elevating his game:
    [QUOTE]He did a decent job yesterday with little help. Sure, he had a few passes get away from him but he didn't make any crucial mistakes either. He got the ball moving and then the momentum usually got killed by a fumble or a drop. He wasn't able to get into any rhytm. The team played terribly yesterday, but he didn't lose the game and wasn't really given a chance to win it. The defense let the Browns run the ball, run out the clock, keep Brady off the field, and kept scoring. The Browns consistently had great position when given the ball and the Pats had the opposite. It was a bad game by everyone yesterday, not Brady alone. He could have thrown two interceptions yesterday like Manning did and have a team with a worse record... Brady so far has a 63.6 completion percentage, 14 TDs to only 4 INTs, and a 95.7 rating. I'm not complaining because it could be MUCH worse.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying but my point is just playing "well" is not going to be enough for this young team on some days. The point of my thread was to elevate his level of play. Transcend just playing "decently" to being the MVP level QB that he is. Hey, I don't have the answers but I'm also not Tom Brady. He's one of the best of all time for a reason. Right now, or at least on a day like yesterday, pedestrian play is not going to get it done. The young guys are going to have bad days..like Gronk, BUT, Brady needs to pick uo that slack on those Sundays and have a STELLAR day. 19/36 ain't stellar! Mark Sanchez can give you that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

That's true, but he really didn't have much of a chance to win the game. The offense started moving the ball well and then Gronk killed it with that fumble just before the half when they could have gone into the half only down by three and with the momentum. The Browns were able to keep Brady off the field and turnovers and dropped passes helped keep him off the field as well. Yeah, he deserves some criticism for a few bad passes, but he didn't really have a chance to win the game yesterday because he was barely on the field. Brady, Hernandez, and Woodhead were the only decent players on offense.

Overall it was just a bad team game and no one was able to get into a rhytm. Hopefully they'll work hard at practice and come out swinging against the Steelers in Pitt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady needs to start elevating his game : I hear what you're saying but my point is just playing "well" is not going to be enough for this young team on some days. The point of my thread was to elevate his level of play. Transcend just playing "decently" to being the MVP level QB that he is. Hey, I don't have the answers but I'm also not Tom Brady. He's one of the best of all time for a reason. Right now, or at least on a day like yesterday, pedestrian play is not going to get it done. The young guys are going to have bad days..like Gronk, BUT, Brady needs to pick uo that slack on those Sundays and have a STELLAR day. 19/36 ain't stellar! Mark Sanchez can give you that
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

Why are they throwing it 36 times?

That's the better question.  They go hurry up and it works.   But, at that point youhave already shown you really aren't running it as part of your gameplan.

Minny worked out well with the balance, but they also weren't completely out this game in the first half.

It was really the Run D that let it get away.

Look at the run/pass ratio in the first half, though. Not ideal.

The execution always looks better when they aren't so predictable.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=301107005

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I think what we saw yesterday was Brady's game. That's the level he has always played at with the exception of 2007. So what we see is what we get and it's good enough if everyone else on the team does their job. Gronkowski couldn't have had a worse game yesterday and it cost us dearly. Tate had a huge drop that killed us. What we saw yesterday was a young team have a bad game. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure we'll have a couple more games like that before the end of the season. Big deal. If you take a look around the league every team is going to have a few games like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]He'll get better because that's what he does. He had a 90 rating yesterday. Not bad , but he's capable of more and he'd be the first one to blame himself and be accountable, and not say, blame his O Line.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]He's throwing 2 yard pass not one pass longer then 20 yards what games are you watching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady needs to start elevating his game : He's throwing 2 yard pass not one pass longer then 20 yards what games are you watching.
    Posted by CHUBBIE99[/QUOTE]
     yeah but no one was getting  open for the deep stuff branch on one leg again wasnt  helping

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^Exactly^^ Brady had all day, problem was no one was open.  It works both ways. 

Sections
Shortcuts