Brady On Decline? Scout Matt Williamson Says So

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Brady On Decline? Scout Matt Williamson Says So

I thought you couldn't stand ESPN. How could it possibly be that they could write an objective article?

Oh, right, it goes a bit more like this...

You don't mind ESPN, so long as they write a subjective article, devoid of any statistical evidence or analysis, that supports your agenda.

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Dusty Bottoms' comment:

For some reason, the mods deleted this thread, so let me try it again. This censoring and fascist approach following me around, has got to stop.   It's not really what the spirit of these boards are about.  Closing out objective analysis from the outside on our team is beyond fascist and ridiculous. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/59698/is-tom-brady-on-the-decline

"I don’t think he’s the deep passer he used to be, but I don’t know if he was ever great at it," Williamson explained. "He tore it up when Randy Moss was there. But everyone wants to blame Brandon Lloyd for last year, and I think Brady is partially to blame for the inability to connect deep, vertical passes. I thought Brady played very bad against the Ravens in the playoffs. He looked old, beat up and tired. At that age, I think the length of the season starts to wear on you. Brady’s still one of the best and he’s playing at a Pro Bowl level, but I think we’ve seen the best of him."

I wouldn't say he's on the decline, but he clearly has faded in the postseason at this point.

Rusty troll,

What happened to the other 2 posts on the same subject?  You know the ones that listed his QBR and revealed that his QBR for 2012  was THE BEST since 2009 and better than the prolific 2010 season.   Funny that you deleted those!   The mods did not, they weren't up long enough to delete your 2 other post.

Old, beat up and tired is his opinion.  More likely frustrated with RB's that can't score from the 1 and frustrated with receivers dropping balls, fumbles, and a defense that poops all over itself in the second half AS USUAL, with ZERO RS stops! 

Oh, and what team is Lloyd playing for this year?  I'm quite sure with his 50% completion % and 2.2 YAC, someone's gonna beat down that door.  LMAO@U

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

For some reason, the mods deleted this thread, so let me try it again. This censoring and fascist approach following me around, has got to stop.  

46 posts already today, in 6 hours time.  Wow!  I sure hope all of those aren't in this forum, that would be considered troll status.  Maybe that's why.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Wow a scout says that he doesn't think Brady will get any better at age 36 and that we've seen the best of him?  Stop the presses everyone.  Quarterbacks don't improve at age 36.  In other news the sky is blue and water is wet.  The key sentence is the last one which you failed to underline which says that Brady is still one of the best QBs in the NFL despite his age.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BB's must be in decline too.  SB 2011 wasn't his best coaching, last seasons Ravens playoff game wasn't his best coaching.  2010 Jets playoff game wasn't his best coaching.  Hasn't had great drafts as of late.  Thing is, I wouldn't want any other coach just like I wouldn't wan any other QB for this team. 

"But last year New England led the NFL in total offense and scoring offense with Brady under center. Brady threw for 4,827 yards, 34 touchdowns and just eight interceptions. He had his highest Total Quarterback Rating (77.1) of the past five seasons."

"Brady’s still one of the best and he’s playing at a Pro Bowl level"

So I have no idea what the article is really trying to say here other then at age 35 he is looking tired at the end of the season?  Pretty sure any QB at any age would look like that  after carrying the team on his back all season long... again, year after year.

RG3 sure didn't look fresh at the and of the season. 

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Wow a scout says that he doesn't think Brady will get any better at age 36 and that we've seen the best of him?  Stop the presses everyone.  Quarterbacks don't improve at age 36.  In other news the sky is blue and water is wet.  The key sentence is the last one which you failed to underline which says that Brady is still one of the best QBs in the NFL despite his age.

Exactly what I was going to post!! Duh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"Brady’s still one of the best and he’s playing at a Pro Bowl level"

Is he in decline? You could argue that he is but so what? He's 35 years old. We all realize  the clock is ticking but there is no other QB in the league that I would want right now.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Sew up the division by week 12 and let Brady sit out for a couple games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

"Give me TD/INT ratio."

I'll take W/L the only stat that matters, now get back in the pouch.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

I liked the part where he felt it was weak that people want to blame Brandon Lloyd.  This year, it will be to blame Dobson or Boyce, or whomever else outruns Brady's arm, as he takes extra time to wind up and try to go deep after staring down the underneath easier throws for the 3-4 seconds he needs to wait for those routes to break open. lol

Enough with this protection of Brady's poor play.

Gomer Manning missed a whole year in 2011 after a subpar 2010 and absolutely improved. Will Brady?

[/QUOTE]

You LIKED the part that people blamed a receiver with sub par performance and who NO team wants.  That's 2 words.  SUB PAR as in the defense.  You should know that.

How long of a contract extension did BB give Lloyd again?   Oh wait......more dead money!

Brady releases the ball faster than any QB

TB has the best TD/Int ratio.

You are a troll and a hater and need to leave this forum for good.

Cam Newton is calling.  He needs someone on the wagon.  Go for it!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

[QUOTE]

cout says that he doesn't think Brady will get any better at age 36 and that we've seen the best of him?  Stop the presses everyone.  Quarterbacks don't improve at age 36.  In other news the sky is blue and water is wet.  The key sentence is the last one which you failed to underline which says that Brady is still one of the best QBs in the NFL despite his age.

I liked the part where he felt it was weak that people want to blame Brandon Lloyd.  This year, it will be to blame Dobson or Boyce, or whomever else outruns Brady's arm, as he takes extra time to wind up and try to go deep after staring down the underneath easier throws for the 3-4 seconds he needs to wait for those routes to break open. lol

Enough with this protection of Brady's poor play.

Gomer Manning missed a whole year in 2011 after a subpar 2010 and absolutely improved. Will Brady?

You LIKEDthe part that people blamed a receiver with sub par performance and who NO team wants.  That's 2 words.  SUB PAR as in the defense.  You should know that.

How long of a contract extension did BB give Lloyd again?   Oh wait......more dead money!

Brady releases the ball faster than any QB

TB has the best TD/Int ratio.

You are a troll and a hater and need to leave this forum for good.

Cam Newton is calling.  He needs someone on the wagon.  Go for it!

Are you this stained by the facts? Lloyd has a good season here and was dirt cheap. Could it be Brady had another poor postseason, especially another bad AFC title game and he can't take accountability so he scapegoats the WR of the day (this year it was LLoyd), BB does what Brady wants, and here we are again?

It certainly smells like it. Brady fired Galloway, wanted to keep Moss and Welker but other circumstances ruined that, and now he's run Lloyd off, a WR whom many thought had a good year.

Hmm.

BB has now completely pulled the rug out on Brady and now it's clearly up to Brady to improve in the postseason. As you can see, I am not the only objective NFL fan and Pats fan who can admit Brady hasn't been very good in the postseason of late. We are not winning games with Brady playing like that. It will not happen in January or February. You're delusional if you think we can. Run the ball, rein him in, get him under Center more; do whatever it takes to limit his control of the offense so we can win.

There is a lot of evidence to look at and it's indisputable.  Boo hoo that you can't admit this.

[/QUOTE]

As you can see, I am not the only objective NFL fan and Pats fan who can admit Brady hasn't been very good in the postseason of late

Where are these people that agree with you?  Not one poster on this thread!

Brady fired Lloyd and Galloway?  Can there be a more delusional poster alive?

Lloyd sucked!   They didn't even want him DIRT CHEAP!  Galloway Sucked! In fact ALL the receivers  brought hear since 2006 SUCKED, other than Welker and Moss. 

How sorry is that?

Apparently Williamson doesn't think much of BB's in the weeds team building. 

Reports out of camp today are that the O looked horrendous!

Second choice fragile slot receivers, bunch of retreads and a few guys that never played in the NFL before.    No worries, our 35yr old declining QB can handle it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Pooooof!  GONE AGAIN!!!

Will he ever learn?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Pooooof!  GONE AGAIN!!!

Will he ever learn?

LOL!  That didn't last long.  Thank you mods!  Might not have to use that ignore feature after all. 

What are the odds that he comes back as Fletch?  Clearly Chevy Chase is one of his fav's. Which I can't argue with him on that, Chevy Chase has always cracked me up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I guess I spoke too soon.  Looks like he has made several new screen names in advance, which clearly is a sign of a troll, knowing he will be getting banned several more times.

So Rusty is now trolling under the user name of BUNKER SPRECKLES.

btw, shouldn't it be Spreckels? Not Spreckles? FAIL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

Learn about what? There were no rules broken, which begs the question who protects the trolls and allows their work and bans objective realities and facts?

Back so soon?  Easy come, easy go!

Learn that nobody wants to hear your TB bashing crap anymore.   Not us and not the mods! Years of it and 25 new identities later, are quite enough.  Your obsession is beyond psychotic.

You add nothing here!  If by chance you do say something worth reading (rarely), it is overshadowed by your obnoxious, obtuse and antisocial behavior.

There's a whole thread dedicated to getting rid of you for cripes sake.

Take the message and go.

Sections
Shortcuts