BRADY OR BELICHICK... Who is most responsible for our dynasty?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

BRADY OR BELICHICK... Who is most responsible for our dynasty?

Figured with what is going on now with all the expectations of another SB or 07 run, this was as good a time as ever for this poll. i lean more towards belichick since he is the man who has to put together the stew and found a gem in what was a raw, underregarded brady. i believe bel could have found and still could find another guy to do what brady has or could (hoyer perhaps) but brady would have a much harder time findg a belichick or another team or system in which he could likewise thrive. that's just my own personal bias and opinion. i look forward to yours. skip the personal hyperpassioned attacks! its just a fun sporting board after all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: BRADY OR BELICHICK... Who is most responsible for our dynasty?

Looking at what's happened to players who succeed here and go elsewhere to disappear or become mediocre ( Samuel excluded ), I give credit to Belichick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Tastes great or less filling? The debate rages on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to BRADY OR BELICHICK... Who is most responsible for our dynasty?:
    [QUOTE]Figured with what is going on now with all the expectations of another SB or 07 run, this was as good a time as ever for this poll. i lean more towards belichick since he is the man who has to put together the stew and found a gem in what was a raw, underregarded brady. i believe bel could have found and still could find another guy to do what brady has or could (hoyer perhaps) but brady would have a much harder time findg a belichick or another team or system in which he could likewise thrive. that's just my own personal bias and opinion. i look forward to yours. skip the personal hyperpassioned attacks! its just a fun sporting board after all. 
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

Brady, Pioli, and BB were all equally important - AND a little bit of luck. Pioli has been with BB since 1997 (actually w/ BB in 1992 w/ the Browns).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

I honestly believe this is one instance where coaching has been the difference maker.  Last years success with an inexperienced qb I think proves that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I have to give the majority of the credit to BB. He brought those teams together.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

I believe when Brady's career is over he will be regarded as the greatest QB to ever play this amazing game.  That being said I believe it's close but the edge has to go to Coach Belichick.  When Brady's gone(what a sad day that will be) Belichick will continue to win super bowls(hopefully here).  It's cool to hear players that have played for Bill talk about him.  They all say he's the best coach they have ever been around and how much they love/respect him.  

Years from now when their both retired Tom won't be the only 1 who is universally regarded as the greatest of all time at their position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

The Sunday afternoon when Tom Brady trotted onto the field to replace an internally bleeding bloodso, was the day this Patriots organization took off!!

Joel

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skippyz. Show skippyz's posts

Without Bill there is a very good chance we never have Brady. Maybe even a chance Brady never played in the league. No dis to Tom, but it's Bill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

In Response to Re: BRADY OR BELICHICK... Who is most responsible for our dynasty?:
    [QUOTE]Without Bill there is a very good chance we never have Brady. Maybe even a chance Brady never played in the league. No dis to Tom, but it's Bill.
    Posted by skippyz[/QUOTE]

I think Pioli had more to do with that then BB.  That being said....BB had little success in Cleveland, little success without Brady...Brady changed BB.  I give credit to Brady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: BRADY OR BELICHICK... Who is most responsible for our dynasty?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRADY OR BELICHICK... Who is most responsible for our dynasty? : I think Pioli had more to do with that then BB.  That being said....BB had little success in Cleveland, little success without Brady...Brady changed BB.  I give credit to Brady.
    Posted by Brady101[/QUOTE]

Little success without Brady?  I guess we are ignoring last year?  Please don't bring up the fact we didn't make the playoffs.  11-5 would have made the playoffs any other year in the last 40 years of the NFL.  BOTH have been critical to our success, but I'll give an edge to BB.  These questions do tend to make things too black and white however.  Would BB have been so successful without Kraft to support him and the team?  Even if we would be successful without Brady, would we have won three SB's?  Would Brady have flourished under another coach?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

... The millisecond Tom Brady stepped onto the property he has cultivated a winning spirit... that winning spirit transcends into every player, coach, and management and has gotten so powerfull it carries over even when he is not there physically! Tom Brady is why this franchise is where it is today!!!

Joel

Sections
Shortcuts