Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all.

I yam what I yam...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all.

I think next season will seal the debate, off season only seals debates that Rex Ryan is involved in. My guess, Brady goes to another Super Bowl after another MVP or near MVP season and Manning fizzles after the weather starts getting chilly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

In Response to Re: Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all.:
    In Response to Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all. : I have seen some pretty silly post over the years, but this is right up there.(A dime a dozen OMG)
    Posted by CHUBBIE99

Maybe that was a bit strong. But I stand by my point. There is nothing special about a QB that routinely gags when it matters most because he is mentally weak. A guy that isn't driven to win. That's not a legend. And you can't compare him to a guy like Brady who will earn his entry into the Hall of Fame because of his ability to win the big games and not because of empty stats in an offense that was tailor made to pad his stats.

If you want to compare him to a current QB, try Rivers. I'm sorry, but the jig is up. Smart people all know what Peyton is now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all.:
    I think next season will seal the debate, off season only seals debates that Rex Ryan is involved in. My guess, Brady goes to another Super Bowl after another MVP or near MVP season and Manning fizzles after the weather starts getting chilly.
    Posted by pauldeba
    I must say i hope your right, He better win this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all. : Maybe that was a bit strong. But I stand by my point. There is nothing special about a QB that routinely gags when it matters most because he is mentally weak. A guy that isn't driven to win. That's not a legend. And you can't compare him to a guy like Brady who will earn his entry into the Hall of Fame because of his ability to win the big games and not because of empty stats in an offense that was tailor made to pad his stats. If you want to compare him to a current QB, try Rivers. I'm sorry, but the jig is up. Smart people all know what Peyton is now.
    Posted by df5

DF5, I love tom too, But he is 6-6 in his last 12 playoff games With some pretty rotten games of late.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all. : I couldn't disagree with you more strongly. Maybe Saturday and Wayne signing elsewhere had nothing to do with them not wanting to play with Manning again. To me, it's just one piece of a bigger picture. But it's an assumption on my part and I could be wrong. But the fact that he's in Denver and not San Francisco tells me a lot about what kind of person he is. No offense, but some of the rationalizations you are employing sounds exactly like something that would come from UD. First of all, SF has a top 3 defense, maybe the best in the league. They have excellent special teams. They are well coached.They have a rushing attack that ranked 8th in the league. They have a great young WR and they just added one who is headed to The Hall of Fame. Reports are that Moss is in great shape. And the last time he was this motivated and hungry he set the regular season TD record. With a healthy Manning, that team would have been a juggernaut and the favorite to win the title. They were within two boneheaded plays from appearing in the Superbowl last year. And that was with first round bust Alex Smith! And no Moss. Again, no offense but to compare the 49ers and Broncos chances with Manning is completely insane. Even with a healthy Manning the Broncos aren't getting anywhere near the Superbowl. Even all the "experts" who love hyperbole aren't picking them to do anything. Secondly, I don't know why any Pats fan would choose to marginalize an NFL QB, supposedly a great one, throwing his teammates under the bus after a tough loss. Especially after seeing how Brady and this organization has handled themselves. Using your logic I could go rape someone or shoot a guy in an armed robbery and It would have no bearing on how people judge my character. As long as I only did it once. That's crazy! It was disgusting. No matter how many times he did it. What you don't seem to get is that "one moment" was a window into a man's soul. It's a weakness that Brady doesn't have. Manning did what losers do, And this isn't limited to sports- it happens in all walks of life. People who are mentally weak  make excuses and blame their failures on other people. You have NEVER seen Brady do that and you never will. He's not soft. He has a drive that golden boy Mannning will never have. And it's not surprising considering where they both came from. Manning is not in Brady's class. It took a while to shake out but he proved it by signing with Denver. If you can't understand that I feel bad for you.
    Posted by df5

You can't say Denver won't even sniff the Super Bowl. How many people thought SF would be within a Kyle Williams fumble from potentially being in the Super Bowl? I bet you even wrote the Giants off midseason.

I'm not completely sold on the 49ers yet either. They had a great season. But so did the 2008 Tennessee Titans...who were similar to the 49ers in that they had a great defense and a game manager at QB. Titans went 8-8 the next season.

Not saying that happens to the 49ers, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

I also don't think he chose DEN because of the money, otherwise he wouldve went to MIA.

He went to a place where he thought he would play best. DEN is giving him the flexibility to control his offense, Harbaugh wanted his offense in SF.

Look at what happened to Ochocinco after switching systems. His production dropped by 67%.
    Mannings been in one system his entire career. It wouldnt be easy to switch. Vikings and Jets used offensive systems that Favre was familiar with, thats why he chose to go to those teams, not because they were atop their conferences.

Manning's best chance of winning would be for him to play at his best. If he didn't think he could play his best in SF, then I wouldnt like their chances.

Patriots have been successful this past decade, not by having the best players, but by having players that believe in the system and playing by it.

I would personally choose Brady over Manning...but I still believe that Manning was the second best Qb of the past decade...He's elite

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I don't know if you can draw conclusions from where Saturday and Wayne went.  There are a lot of factors that could be influencing their decisions.   As far as the debate about who the better QB is or who is or isn't an all-time great, that's a fun way for sports fans to waste time, but I don't think it's possible to ever settle the issue . . . .  There's no doubt that Manning is a Hall of Famer, though, who performed well above the level of most QBs during his era.  To me, that's about as much as you can say.  Same is true of Brady.  Who's better?  Well, debate on . . . you can argue endlessly because there never will be a conclusion all will agree on . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Now this is the greatest objective and unopiniated post of the day. I concur. Couldn't have said it better myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all. : I have seen some pretty silly post over the years, but this is right up there.(A dime a dozen OMG)
    Posted by CHUBBIE99

I think it's merely sour grapes. They are BOTH great. End of story. Stupid post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Brady or Manning. I think the offseason solved that question once and for all. : Phillip Rivers couldn't carry Peyton's jock. And Peyton has 4 MVP's because he is without a doubt the best regular season qb in history. he is 50/50 in the post season which hurts his career standing, but he does have 2 conf titles and a sb champ/mvp...overall we saw last season why PM is the most indispensible player in the NFL and probably should have 4 more mvp's...be honest, does Brady win more with the Colts? And could Peyton have won those SB's-maybe more-with the Pats D and Vinitieri? if you won't even consider these things you're point is even more ridiculous than it already is
    Posted by JintsFan

Jints. He's obviously have a blood transfusion from Crusty.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

Correction.... This season has solved that question once and for all.  Laughing

Wow - what a pick up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Two straight seasons of Brady being ordinary and Manning being the NFL's best.  This question is definitely solved for the time being.  I always thought that mentioning Brady in the elite class with Manning was ridiculous.  He did have a nice 2007, though...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

Two straight seasons of Brady being ordinary and Manning being the NFL's best.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

I always thought that mentioning Brady in the elite class with Manning was ridiculous.

Of course you do.  Because you're an idiot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to df5's comment:

I know this is a little late to the party. But I started this on another thread. Then I realized I was hijacking. So I started my own.

I just read that Jeff Saturday signed with the Packers. A lot of people said it was a done deal that he would join Manning in Denver. So much for loyalty.

Then again, what has Peyton ever done to deserve loyalty? The more time passes, the more we are learning about what a primadonna and a phony Payton Manning is and always has been. I never liked the guy. But there was always a small part of me that respected himas a player. After that free agency debacle- the shred of respect I had for him is gone

Is he supremely talented at throwing the football? Yes. Even though he has been coddled his whole career and played in essentially one system and had an entire team molded around his needs. I still would say he is an excellent passer. But an elite QB? A great player. No, I don't think so. Not anymore.

I have been pretty consistent with critical views on Brady's game- the gunslinger mentality he's had since 07 that I think is hurting this team. I don't think he's as good as he was early in his career. But I can't even begin to imagine Brady late in his career being a free agent and passing on a team with a top 3 defense and two good receivers one being a Hall of Fame player. A team that is a legit title contender and would be the hands down favorite with him joining. To go play on a team that has no at a title. So he can be comfortable.

Manning has proven once and for all that he doesn't deserve legend status. That's reserved for guys like Montanna, Jordan, Bird and even Brady early in his career. Guys that not only rise to the occasion when it matters most, but have an overwhelming desire to win and to be the best.

Peyton Manning is just another good QB. They are a dime a dozen.

Maybe Jeff Saturday just wanted to play with a QB that was a leader. One that would man up and take responsibility after a tough loss instead of throwing him under the bus.

I think the fact that Saturday is in Green Bay and not Denver speaks volumes about the kind of leader and teammate Peyton Manning really is.

Either way, this Manning/Brady debate is over. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

yeah just like Wayne Gretzky and LeBron James are a dime a dozen...Pats fans do you realize what a mook like this makes you look like?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I wonder how many games Peyton would have won had he started 16 games for the Pats this year? Oh wait, he wouldn't have lasted 8 taking the kind of shots that Brady did. If somehow he did make it through all 8 games, I would say 9 wins at most and outside looking in at the playoffs.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

Correction.... This season has solved that question once and for all.  Laughing

Wow - what a pick up.

Not if he doesn't win it all and choke in the blizzard vs a very good Seattle D, it isn't.

It would mean nothing, actually, especially if he decides to retire. lol

Agree.  If Manning doesn't win this year which could very easily happen since the weather could definitely be against him.   Unless it is unseasonably warm he could have a horrible game since he doesn't play great in cold weather.  I don't see him retiring unless he is advised to by his doctors. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

And digging up old post from a couple of years ago is somehow relevant today. You truly have nothing else to do. Get a life!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts