Brady or Ortiz?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

Brady or Ortiz?

I know people wouldn't normally put these two together, But their careers do contain a lot of parallels.

Both of these guys were afterthoughts that no one expected anything from. They both turned into clutch Hall of Fame players. Which was the more amazing/lucky pick up?

I'm not entirely impartial. But if I had to choose, I would have to go with Ortiz. Brady does have the more impressive resume when it comes to winning. But Ortiz has two championships. And no disrespect to Larry Bird, he is probably the most clutch athlete I have ever seen. There probably wasn't a more clutch period in the history of pro sports  than the few years that Ortiz had in the mid 00s. He did it relentlessly in the hardest sport to do it in. A sport where if you fail 65-70% of the time you are an All Star.

Both of these guys have to go down as two of the greatest steal in sports history. But if you were going to pick one, who would it be? I know this is a Pats forum. But I don't generally post on the Red Sox board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: Brady or Ortiz?

That's like saying do you like oral or full penetration--kinda washout --I'd say this is 50/50

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

Thats what makes it a fun discussion. And that's an easy one: FP all the way. I've had some pretty lousy BJs.

I've got to say comparing two of my favorite players to sex acts feels wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats what makes it a fun discussion. And that's an easy one: FP all the way. I've had some pretty lousy BJs.

[/QUOTE]

LOL right on Man!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never thought there was such a thing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No contest. Brady.

Brady is arguably the GOAT. Ortiz isn't even arguably the greatest Red Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never thought there was such a thing. 

[/QUOTE]

Without going into details I can assure you they exist. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I gotta go with Brady.  I love Papi but Brady is arguably the best ever at his position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Both great moments and on the same night as well! Ortiz don't clear the bases the Sox are in serious do-do...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

Brady.  With Ortiz -- not taking anything away from him, mind you -- it was one swing.  With Brady it was an entire drive of 75 yards with 1:13 left and no time outs.  Got to go with Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I gotta go with Brady.  I love Papi but Brady is arguably the best ever at his position.

[/QUOTE]

Brady handles the ball on all the offensive snaps  - Big Papi only gets 4 shots or so  a game--percentage wise the guy is clutch--they both Rock!!! More of a football guy so I'll go with the 6th round pick!

Sections
Shortcuts