Brady out tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Brady out tonight

ESPN Boston is reporitng from multiple sources that the Pats are holding Brady out of tonights game.  Wonder how many starters we will see tonight....

From the same report:

In addition to Brady, other players not expected to play tonight are linebacker Jerod Mayo, tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, receivers Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd and defensive lineman Vince Wilfork, according to reports.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Brady out tonight

Brady and a lot of other guys are sitting out tonight. Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, Mayo, Wilfolk. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think its a time to look at a lot of the guys on the bubble and see more of what the newer guys look like out in a game situation. Good idea imo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Brady out tonight:
    I think its a time to look at a lot of the guys on the bubble and see more of what the newer guys look like out in a game situation. Good idea imo
    Posted by sporter81

Agree but again goes back to the whole point about teams charging full regular season prices for a pre-season game were basically the whole starting offense isnt playing....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'm okay wit it.  Let the scrubs and bubble guys play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Agree but again goes back to the whole point about teams charging full regular season prices for a pre-season game were basically the whole starting offense isnt playing....
    Posted by Patsman3

They do?  That's a shame! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Brady out tonight:
    ESPN Boston is reporitng from multiple sources that the Pats are holding Brady out of tonights game.  Wonder how many starters we will see tonight.... From the same report: In addition to Brady, other players not expected to play tonight are linebacker Jerod Mayo , tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez , receivers Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd and defensive lineman Vince Wilfork , according to reports.
    Posted by Patsman3

Looks like the igles are going to play starters at least for the half, possibly into the third. No reason to take any chances with starters in a game that is just a glorified scrimmage that the igles are playing for blood in. Good chance to see the rookies and b and c teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

How in the world can they schedule the pats to play 3 game in 10 days when there was 11 days between their first game and this one.  Dumbest schedule ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Brady out tonight : They do?  That's a shame! 
    Posted by TFB12

Virtually no one here liked the idea of a 2 and 18 season, this is and has been the reality of the preseason. Glorified scrimmages...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I agree with what Mike Tirico said on WEEI.  Get rid of the preseason games and hold more joint practices with other teams.  They could charge 50-60% less for tickets and this way you get to see Brady and Vick or whomever more than you would in a crummy preseason game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

ESPN is advertising "Brady vs Vick" for tonight's game. oops

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

ESPN is advertising "Brady vs Vick" for tonight's game. oops
    Posted by digger0862

Could you imagine....

Tune into tonight's game where Brady's backup takes on Vick's backup!  LOL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I didn't think we would do that but I'm glad we did. We have a lot of depth we have to look at. This will be an important game for a lot of guys. I pick Mallet as the break out guy. Just a hunch!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I guess BB doesn't want to get Brady killed.  I'll still watch the snooze fest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I didn't think we would do that but I'm glad we did. We have a lot of depth we have to look at. This will be an important game for a lot of guys. I pick Mallet as the break out guy. Just a hunch!
    Posted by TrueChamp

I agree I hope Mallet and Hoyer show something tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

I guess BB doesn't want to get Brady killed.  I'll still watch the snooze fest.
    Posted by tcal2-

our back up against their starters...if it is in any way competitive, it will be bad for the igles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Brady out tonight : Virtually no one here liked the idea of a 2 and 18 season, this is and has been the reality of the preseason. Glorified scrimmages...
    Posted by part-timer

18 game regular season is just too long.  As much as I would like more football, these players bodies just aren't going to hold up to that kind of season.  Keep the regular season the same, 2 preseason games and then prior to that just let teams set up scrimmages with each other if they choose to do so.  If they push to more then 16 regular season games they are going to need to allow two bye weeks in order to get these players through the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

3 pre-season games in less than two weeks. Smart move by management to take some starters out. I am slightly dissappointed, but this is the right move.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mallet to get the start.  Sounds like most the starters are out tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mallet starting? Oy, anyone else remember O'Connell getting the start over Cassell? O'Connell had a bad game and then he got cut. 

This is make or break for Ryan Mallett. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

As much as I empathize for the season ticket holders, who had to buy the pre-season tickets. I back Belichick and his staff with their decision to hold out the players. The staff would have been irresponsible to play their starters tonight and again on Friday, when the games do not count.

Sections
Shortcuts