Brady outside the pocket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

Brady outside the pocket

Was it me or did Tom Brady look awefully good leaving the pocket when it broke down? He had some really nice throws while scrambling yesterday. Why doesn't he do this more often? If he can continue to buy time like this all year the offense will thrive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Brady outside the pocket

In Response to Brady outside the pocket:
    [QUOTE]Was it me or did Tom Brady look awefully good leaving the pocket when it broke down? He had some really nice throws while scrambling yesterday. Why doesn't he do this more often? If he can continue to buy time like this all year the offense will thrive.
    Posted by jmarley[/QUOTE]
    He's a pocket passer. If he's outside the tackles, it's because he running from danger. Pus sy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Personally, I would never ever want Brady to roll out of the pocket...rather have him throw-it-away, or take the sack...

Brady is the All-tme greatest pocket passer because of his amazing peripheral vision, uncanning timing to hit open receivers and shifty nuances to have defenders miss him...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Brady outside the pocket:
    [QUOTE]Was it me or did Tom Brady look awefully good leaving the pocket when it broke down? He had some really nice throws while scrambling yesterday. Why doesn't he do this more often? If he can continue to buy time like this all year the offense will thrive.
    Posted by jmarley[/QUOTE]

Minutes before he started to do that stuff yesterday I had turned to my step-dad and told him that one of the things that I think was hurting the Pats was that Brady has not been a threat to scramble since 2007.  A QB that will scramble - even like Brady - helps to keep the D honest.  I am not advocating him turning into Grogan II, but there are times he could have scrambled this year and last - yesterday not included - that would have extended drives and led to more possession time, thus points.  I hope he continues to do so with appropriate caution.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i think its great that he does it once and a while

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Brady all the plays this year really has looked good outside of the pocket.

Something he obviously has worked on. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

His best scramble was his dive into the endzone against the Raiders in the snow in 2001. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Brady has never been very good moving outside the pocket and throwing the ball. He's been downright terrible doing that in the past. He's never been able to connect after rolling out of the pocket. I don't know why all of a sudden he can.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Manning and Bledsoe learned to scramble later in their careers, too.  Survival is an amazing incentive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Don't much want him to leave the pocket but Bradys shiftiness in the pocket is amazing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You don't want your QB leaving the pocket frequently because most QBs, especially Brady and Manning, are bad throwing on the run. Not to mention that once that QB leaves the pocket he's easy pickings for defenders. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Brady outside the pocket:
    [QUOTE]His best scramble was his dive into the endzone against the Raiders in the snow in 2001. 
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

My favorite is when he juked Urlacher in open field to get the first down on prime-time.  Yes, the Brian Urlacher.  When was that? 2006?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

The more tricks you have, the better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

His best scrambling moment EVER was when he ran and juked Brian Urlacher. 2004, I believe.