Brady: "Patriots don't have a set identity on offense." Disagree we have one, "Josh the mixed up incompetent OC"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Brady:

Re: Why so quick to blame ONE player, Brady, for offensive, if not overall, for the Pats' woes?

posted at 10/18/2012 07:57:03 EDT

"Brady has not performed well. McDaniels offensive puts of flashy regular season numbers, but is not designed to win close games late. He basically likes to coach a video game offense, and that still does not beat well coached defenses in tight games. 

I really wish they had never brought McDaniels back. I still feel like the 2007 offensive juggernaut was when this team lost its soul... They went for flash over substance and have never gotten back to intense, clutch team they were in the early 2000s."

Shhh, even though I haven't favored some of your comments on NE's D, due to the sheer fact that'cha let loose that "McDaniels coaches a video game Offense," I'ma tell'ya the secret that every single NE Patriots Football Fan should be reciting in their sleep, the single most critical factor that WILL shore up NE's issues more than ANY-thing...  Readyyyy?

~New England's Offense needs an Identity.

Dat's it, and it's the true face behind the multi-faceted mask.  It's o.k. being multi-faceted and diverse, and have the ability to show multiple looks and do multiple things...  He!!, That's GREAT!  BUT now, NE runs Soooo many different looks from a player personell and schematic design standpoint, drive after drive after drive, always changing...just TOO often.  It's almost as IF they begin a game by offering up several differing O packages per 1st half possessions, in order to see what might work...  THEN, once one DOES work...They STILL continue to over-tinker and change-up NE's O game designs and personell packages, to no end, and do so straight up til the waning moments of each & every game.  The times when they haven't?  The times when they found 1 that DID work well in-game, and actually relied much heavier & consistantly forward on it?  =They won. 

And it scr#ws up EVERY-thing:  The D's banking on your extended 5-6 minute long drives, and suddenly that gets shelled for some quick strike pass-heavy, lighter O packages offering up suddenly 3 or 4 minute and half to 2 minutes and a half drives in a row, perhaps 1 leading to some points on the scoreboard...  That'll KILL any & every semblance of situational football benfits for both sides of the ball (esp. the other, i.e. Defense);  Also-You're changing up designs AND the personell needed to implement those designs...Meaning:  Half your players go for long swaths in a game not playing, 1-2, even 3 & 4 entire drives where theses differing O design packages keep 'em on the bench (or subbed in for a play here & there sporadically).

And it's just that:  McDaniels spends far too much time operating NE's Offense the same way a 13 year old operates an XBox John Madden Game NFL Offense...  In the real world, there becomes a few more utterly & entire TEAM defeating issues which come hand in hand with doing so.

THAT...is it.

Either find an Identity for your greater "look" and stick with it (maybe throw in a few wrinkles, by play, or by and AFTER every handful of drives where you've stayed consistant to the form you've decided upon), OR offer up a few multi-looks early on, and then CHOOSE & STICK to the 1 showing the best results...   But STOP:  Changing every package for every drive and in the middle of drives...ALL day long, for the vast majority of most every game, Just for the sake of "changing", itself.  It's ridiculous...and pretty st#p#d.  Tinkering, Changing, and overcomplicating to the point where it cripples any consistancy, any sense for your D's duties in-game in relation to your O's designs and performances.  D#mb, d#mb, d#mb...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Our defense made Sanchez look like Johnny Unitas. Our four minute offense needs work but not because of Brady, because we can't run the ball consistently. That's on the OC, not Brady. 

I feel sorry for the Brady bashers on this thread. He's not playing like a top three QB right now but he's certainly playing like a top ten QB. He did quite a good job on the two minute drill.

When Brady talked about fans maybe being a little spoiled he was talking about some of those on this thread - you know that when you are agreeing with a no-life Jets troll you are on the wrong track...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our defense made Sanchez look like Johnny Unitas. Our four minute offense needs work but not because of Brady, because we can't run the ball consistently. That's on the OC, not Brady. 

AGREED. COULD NOT AGREE MORE.

I feel sorry for the Brady bashers on this thread. He's not playing like a top three QB right now but he's certainly playing like a top ten QB. He did quite a good job on the two minute drill.

AGREED

When Brady talked about fans maybe being a little spoiled he was talking about some of those on this thread - you know that when you are agreeing with a no-life Jets troll you are on the wrong track...

I'LL LEAVE THAT ALONE.

STAY ON THE MARK TROLLSPANKER

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

I think what Bredbru is saying here is that the Pats could be 6 and 1 at this point. That's If BB, JMc and Brady actually got together and decided to give the game calling to Brady himself when the game is on the line to win or Lose. Who, just who is better to be the Consigliere then Brady himself at that point in a game. It works! Tommy is actually in the game and feels the actual pulse of his offense and the opposing D's defence. Tommy's great 12 years of experience and his intelligence would prevail in that case, more than not. The original game plan is far dissipated and no need for a chart call, just Tommy at the line. Give it to him!!!!!

Gettin late have a good night....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

I think what Bredbru is saying here is that the Pats could be 6 and 1 at this point. That's If BB, JMc and Brady actually got together and decided to give the game calling to Brady himself when the game is on the line to win or Lose. Who, just who is better to be the Consigliere then Brady himself at that point in a game. It works! Tommy is actually in the game and feels the actual pulse of his offense and the opposing D's defence. Tommy's great 12 years of experience and his intelligence would prevail in that case, more than not. The original game plan is far dissipated and no need for a chart call, just Tommy at the line. Give it to him!!!!!

Gettin late have a good night....

yes except im sayng 7-0.

poor game calling on o and game mgt. cost those 3 games.

Sections
Shortcuts