Brady playing old?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Brady playing old?

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

The O-Line sucked today against a superior D just like they always do.

Brady was sacked 4 times, hit 8 more times and hurried all day.  Only 4 years ago Brady played a good portion of the season with 3 fractured ribs and a broken finger. He is tough as nails but yeah he's getting older.

All the more reason why the Pats should have made better efforts to surround him with more reliable weapons. 

[/QUOTE

How about a running game?

Take that up with coaches.  I mean he dialed up one of the worst game i have seen.  They didn't even attempt to pass it in the rain to Brady's strength which is short to intermedate timing routes over the middle.  The didn't use TE in and realistic way and BB did his benching of  todays best runner over a fumble.  Going for the long ball all day in the rain on first down was stupid... play action was getting Brady killed... lets do it again.  The screen almost worked.. . lets never call another one all game.  

The screen to Dobson was sniffed out. I also do not like him on screens. He's too long for those like Moss was. 

I have no issue with people blaming McD or BB with some of the choices today. I really don't.

But, that still has nothing to do with Brady playing so bad.   He played bad. Just admit it.

I said he had a bad game... I fully admit it.  I think the coaching was horrible though.  I really hated not seeing Bolden more even with the fumble. That is totally BB mojo... have to live with it.  But McD was horrible today. When a team is struggling simply and go with the few strengths you have... Stop going for the big chunks and take the short passes and run hard.  Make third short make able which use to be Brady and the O's bread and butter.  I really though they should have sneaked Brady on the first down on the goal line or maybe a sweep because I had a feeling the middle was going to be clogged.  Like you I figure they would try to run it at least twice there maybe all four downs...  Why use Solder as a TE? He looked slow, I'm sure some of his agility of Te play has diminished with the weight gain and leaning the skills to be an effective lineman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I don't know if he is. It's very hard to tell with the mess BB has left the supporting cast in.

This team has struggled in all but one of its 5 games against teams with a combined 8-14 record.

Face it. It is possible, even likely that your freakin little homer party is over. As BB has squandered the years with poor decision after poor decision, the ace in the hole has been withering. And too many of you have sat on your homer hands and whistled through the graveyard through it all without even making a peep.

Of course, those of us with a clue have known the party was over for a while and the only thing keeping us viable was Brady. Even those days may be gone, because this guy can't build champions.

He's probably a little past his peak. But I think it's more the supporting cast at the skill positions. And that was a tough D today. And, quite frankly, part of what occurred today can be attributed to the weather. What did the Cinn O do?

Of course he is. He's 36 but he thinks it's 2007 still. This is the problem. He thinks it's about him.

And that Cincy D played well, sure, but unless you missed the game, you can't tell me NE's offense, mostly with bad decisions by Brady or poor throws, didn't leave a bunch of points on the board.

We couldn't even move the offense past mid field in the first half.

This isn't anything too knew for us either.  We've seen our offense do this before andf it's always when we stop running the ball. Once the D sees that, we're cooked.

Brady then starts to think he can do it all with his arm, and very clearly, he cannot. Not many QBs, if any, can completely ignore the concept of a run game.

The playaction call on the second play of the entire game, was a dark warning sign for me.

Brady is behind Gomer's TD total so he has to catch up, right? lmao

There was only one drive in the 4th that they didn't run the ball.... I love your revisionist history.  Come on man.... the whole offense played bad.  Brady had a bad game but don't start just changing the facts... they kept trying to run the ball through out the game.  The only time in the game where running may have been called for was on goal line.  The O.C, subbed in the personnel for the goal line O, so take up the play calling there with him, right or wrong.

Dude...Our lead back in SB 46, supposedly it being BJGE, had 9 carries. 8 until a weak obligatory one late in the game.

Today, our lead back had 12 and our offense had so many chances to do things.

Case closed.

You cannot win on the road with 12 carries from a lead back. I can see if we were behind and needed to throw a lot, but it was 3-3 and 6-3 for most of the game.

Just stop it. 

That is not Brady... he doesn't sub the runners.  They had a ton of three and outs don't know where all these extra runs were going to come from...  I can count the number of no gains and 1 yard runs late in the game because McD was predictable if you want.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Play calling was horrendus today. Why weren't they running the ball down Cincy's throat all game? With Brady it is hard to know if he is slowing down with receivers he has been given this year. More will be known when Gronk comes back because he will take some heat off these young receivers and immediately draw double teams. Mcdaniels is doing a very ordinary job of play calling especially today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Play calling was horrendus today. Why weren't they running the ball down Cincy's throat all game? With Brady it is hard to know if he is slowing down with receivers he has been given this year. More will be known when Gronk comes back because he will take some heat off these young receivers and immediately draw double teams. Mcdaniels is doing a very ordinary job of play calling especially today.

Second half of the game they were dareing Brady to beat them with man coverage on outside and loaded up against the run, safety weren't even that deep at times,  McD play into their hand with going for a long shot on 1st then running on second and putting the team in a third an long numerous times.  Why not two runs or some quick slants that even with man your going to get 3 to 5 yards till the have to start backing the LB up.  There are so many ways the game could have gone but it seem like this was the plan and  the O.C. thought evenually it will work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

All of you guys are pathetic whiners who are probably living in mommy's basement. 

Bashing each other for the same stupid crap over and over again doesn't get old? 

Its you high horse hypocritical whack jobs that occasionally make me feel 

Embarrased to be a fan of the best team in the nfl.

Babe, rusty, etc you're all jokes whose lives revolve around bashing each other

On this board. For once just talk football on this board without insulting everyone who has a

Different opinion than you just to make yourself feel like a tough guy.

Pathetic.

^ Cries a pathetic whiner. LMAO@U st-fu

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The first time I saw Brady play like he was old was near the end of last year's AFC championship game.  That was the first time it struck me that Brady was not merely frustrated (as he sometimes has been throughout his career when things have gone bad) but completely dispirited.  I wonder if his heart's into it anymore. 

I honestly think he's sick and tired of trying to compete against the best with BB's collection of mistakes.

If so many fans can see the mickey mouse support BB has built around him, then so can he.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Brady was sacked 4 times, hit 8 more times and hurried all day.  Only 4 years ago Brady played a good portion of the season with 3 fractured ribs and a broken finger. He is tough as nails but yeah he's getting older.

All the more reason why the Pats should have made better efforts to surround him with more reliable weapons. 

[/QUOTE

How about a running game?

Take that up with coaches.  I mean he dialed up one of the worst game i have seen.  They didn't even attempt to pass it in the rain to Brady's strength which is short to intermedate timing routes over the middle.  The didn't use TE in and realistic way and BB did his benching of  todays best runner over a fumble.  Going for the long ball all day in the rain on first down was stupid... play action was getting Brady killed... lets do it again.  The screen almost worked.. . lets never call another one all game.  

The screen to Dobson was sniffed out. I also do not like him on screens. He's too long for those like Moss was. 

I have no issue with people blaming McD or BB with some of the choices today. I really don't.

But, that still has nothing to do with Brady playing so bad.   He played bad. Just admit it.

I said he had a bad game... I fully admit it.  I think the coaching was horrible though.  I really hated not seeing Bolden more even with the fumble. That is totally BB mojo... have to live with it.  But McD was horrible today. When a team is struggling simply and go with the few strengths you have... Stop going for the big chunks and take the short passes and run hard.  Make third short make able which use to be Brady and the O's bread and butter.  I really though they should have sneaked Brady on the first down on the goal line or maybe a sweep because I had a feeling the middle was going to be clogged.  Like you I figure they would try to run it at least twice there maybe all four downs...  Why use Solder as a TE? He looked slow, I'm sure some of his agility of Te play has diminished with the weight gain and leaning the skills to be an effective lineman.

Sneak would have been great, so frustrating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

The first time I saw Brady play like he was old was near the end of last year's AFC championship game.  That was the first time it struck me that Brady was not merely frustrated (as he sometimes has been throughout his career when things have gone bad) but completely dispirited.  I wonder if his heart's into it anymore. 

I honestly think he's sick and tired of trying to compete against the best with BB's collection of mistakes.

If so many fans can see the mickey mouse support BB has built around him, then so can he.

You have a look at all the contenders so far this year. They all have  2 or 3 elite receivers or a tight ends and a reliable RB and then Look at what Brady has. It will(or should be) better with Gronk back and DA with another game under his belt but you have to wonder where the money is going in NE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

BB doesn't like to tip his mistakes in picking personnel.  He takes the 5th and then just releases them or buries then down the depth chart. 

I'll play Devil's Advocate here: no one saw Hernandez the Convicted Murderer coming.  And Amendola, well, it was a gamble.  Assuming BB had Hernandez and Amendola as targets to start the season, he might have had enough for TB until Gronk returned. 

BUT, things went south pretty early with the criminal case.  BB needed to make a move at that point and not sit pat.  The fact that Gronk is STILL out tells me they knew full well back in pre-season that it would go 5-6 weeks until he returned.  So, yeah, the rookies have been at best mediocre.  And one of these guys was supposed to be the designated deep threat when all the "toys" were out there: Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola.  Now, Schottenheimer Belichick looks the fool.

I said before the season started that this needs to be the season in which the D carries a lot of the swagger to winning (like 2001, 2003, 2004 hmmm?), and Wilfork goes down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Dude...Our lead back in SB 46, supposedly it being BJGE, had 9 carries. 8 until a weak obligatory one late in the game.

Today, our lead back had 12 and our offense had so many chances to do things.

Case closed.

You cannot win on the road with 12 carries from a lead back. I can see if we were behind and needed to throw a lot, but it was 3-3 and 6-3 for most of the game.

Just stop it. 

[/QUOTE]

The Raiders had 10 carries from their lead back today and won. So I guess it is possible. There is not some simple formula where you win by running enough, or else all teams would do it.

The biggest issue I had with the play calling was drop back passes when in was pouring out and there was still enough time to mix in a few runs. The final drive was 10 plays (two incompletes that were cancelled out by penalties). The other 8 plays were 7 passes (1 complete for 6 yards) and 1 run for 12 yards. The drive before was incomplete, incomplete, sack. The drive before that was four passes and two runs. Of the last 15 plays there were 12 passes and 3 runs. Let's just call a spade a spade... McDaniels is not a good OC. BB was wrong to bring him back. If the theory that he will replace BB is correct, this team will be bad quickly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Again, that is because Gomer runs his offense better than Brady runs ours. You've already been exposed on this.

Your incredible mental illness is really showing if you think you can actually compare the excellent Denver receiving corps to ours Megatool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Babe I wouldn't read too much into it. The o-line was spotty at best, four sacks and so on, offensive weapons diminished due to injuries and Belichick rolling dice on youth and Scrubs. There were also some drops. 

Brady wasn't on today that's for sure and he probably isn't the guy he was three years ago but I would wait a bit more for deciding. 

If we have healthy running backs he doesn't have to do as much anyhow. Plus, the D looked good. 

I understand the concerns for sure but I think we need to ride this one out a bit more. 

This was the first game where the absence of Welker hurt them also. Amendola didn't look right....

The D played terrific which is a bright spot...

I'm not drawing conclusions BTS. It is a bit difficult to tell if Brady is showing the effects of age; because there are so many drops and wrong routes being run, you cannot discern where one thing starts and another ends.

But if he is, this party is OVER.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Overall, good post as usual Muzz.   My issue is the BBWs who look to deflect blame from Brady and try to blame BB the GM, even the coach when our HOF QB looks like Jay Cutler.

Who the hell do we blame for having a mickey mouse receiver corps just like we have had a mickey mouse defense the last several years dumbkoff, Brady? LMAO@U

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

You have a look at all the contenders so far this year. They all have  2 or 3 elite receivers or a tight ends and a reliable RB and then Look at what Brady has. It will(or should be) better with Gronk back and DA with another game under his belt but you have to wonder where the money is going in NE

The receiver situation on this team is a complete botch job, just like nearly every pundit out there predicted. Then imbeciles like Rusty try to blame Brady for it.

Going in; IF AH wasn't arrested for murder; IF Gronk wasn't taking forever to get out there; IF Amendola didn't get hurt like he was expected to; IF the rookies were good right off the bat; then things might have been different. But little to no contingency plans were made for these likely occurrences and little or no actions were taken once they reared their ugly head.

The buck stops at BB on these derelict matters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady chasing TD streaks is and us losing is a massive conern because it shows he doesn't get it and the ego may be gone.  

^ Making things up again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

BB doesn't like to tip his mistakes in picking personnel.  He takes the 5th and then just releases them or buries then down the depth chart. 

I'll play Devil's Advocate here: no one saw Hernandez the Convicted Murderer coming.  And Amendola, well, it was a gamble.  Assuming BB had Hernandez and Amendola as targets to start the season, he might have had enough for TB until Gronk returned. 

BUT, things went south pretty early with the criminal case.  BB needed to make a move at that point and not sit pat.  The fact that Gronk is STILL out tells me they knew full well back in pre-season that it would go 5-6 weeks until he returned.  So, yeah, the rookies have been at best mediocre.  And one of these guys was supposed to be the designated deep threat when all the "toys" were out there: Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola.  Now, Schottenheimer Belichick looks the fool.

I said before the season started that this needs to be the season in which the D carries a lot of the swagger to winning (like 2001, 2003, 2004 hmmm?), and Wilfork goes down.

^ Pure truth.

Not only does BB try to hide his mistakes, but he purposely signs under the radar FAs and likes to avoid really high draft picks, because of the same tendency to keep the profile low on his screwups.

And having Brady has allowed him the luxury of doing just that and still stay in the mix. But at this point, he may have just squeezed his golden goose one too many times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I only read about half of this thread before I gave up and decided to just go ahead and post.  In another thread I commented how hysteria can breed more hysteria (certainly, not an original thought).  My god, there are numerous posters here who are proving that point.  I hope you people aren't holding any sharp objects or are standing near any open windows!  People need to get a grip. 

Here's a thought and I apollogize if this was expressed by someone else that I may have skipped over...perhaps, this may have been a moment of regression for an offense that is still coming together.  You know, the old, two steps forward one step back dance.  It happens.  I think the thought that they might show some regression should not have been a surprise, considering they were on the road against a good defense in poor weather conditions.  The question now is, do they bounce back?  With BB running the show, I am very hopeful, even if their next opponent is the Saints.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

What? Fans can't admit that Brady is past his prime? He's slower, not able to read defenses and get rid of the ball as quick as he used to, forgetting to look off his intended targets.  Is he still good? Sure, better than many of the younger QBs.  That doesn't change the fact that he's getting older and his play is getting worse. He needs better support around him. Take a look at Denver's offense for comparison. Manning already has how many throwing TDs.  He has a much better offensive support than Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Inokea4coolaid's comment:

What? Fans can't admit that Brady is past his prime? He's slower, not able to read defenses and get rid of the ball as quick as he used to, forgetting to look off his intended targets.  Is he still good? Sure, better than many of the younger QBs.  That doesn't change the fact that he's getting older and his play is getting worse. He needs better support around him. Take a look at Denver's offense for comparison. Manning already has how many throwing TDs.  He has a much better offensive support than Brady.

No argument from me, concerning most of what you said.  The part where you suggest that TB needs better support...that's the point I have to disagree with you.  I believe he does have talented receivers.  The issue is, they're new.  New to the system and new to the NFL.  I think what you might be trying to say, is that you feel he should have seasoned veteran receivers working with him.  I mean, that's what PM has, right?  Well, I think BB has committed himself and the team to infusing youth into our system.  There's no getting around it, there are going to be some rough moments.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I only read about half of this thread before I gave up and decided to just go ahead and post.  In another thread I commented how hysteria can breed more hysteria (certainly, not an original thought).  My god, there are numerous posters here who are proving that point.  I hope you people aren't holding any sharp objects or are standing near any open windows!  People need to get a grip. 

Here's a thought and I apollogize if this was expressed by someone else that I may have skipped over...perhaps, this may have been a moment of regression for an offense that is still coming together.  You know, the old, two steps forward one step back dance.  It happens.  I think the thought that they might show some regression should not have been a surprise, considering they were on the road against a good defense in poor weather conditions.  The question now is, do they bounce back?  With BB running the show, I am very hopeful, even if their next opponent is the Saints.

There is no hysteria. Some of us have been saying BB is a mediocre GM for years. The only question at this point is whether Brady has finally succumbed to age enough to no longer be able to cover for all of BB's poor decisions. Nothing hysterical about that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to Inokea4coolaid's comment:

The part where you suggest that TB needs better support...that's the point I have to disagree with you.

That's the whole point. His weapons ARE A F'N JOKE. You cannot possibly be that much of a homer to actually try and argue that Brady has the weapons Manning has.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Terrible, excuse laden BBW post. You did not say a word last week.   Cincy was without Halla and Johnson on the DL.

Face it, Brady using playaction on the second play of the game is symbolically why we lost this game.

They never had genuine interest in running today. That's why we lost.

Every time we fake trying to establish a run game, we'll lose agains a good D. That simple.

The question is, why is it happening? Brady? BB? McDaniels drunk? 

Why is this not known if me, a fan here, or anyone else knows this? There was no reason why Bolden, preferably didn't get 15 carries today.  Minimum. Low scoring, old school game.

Treat it as such.

Brady chasing TD streaks is and us losing is a massive conern because it shows he doesn't get it and the ego may be gone.  

LA may have a new team in a couple of years. Just saying. He can lower that drawbridge and go to work near Giselle and her new studio.

So the Oline sucked against Cincy subs.  That's even worse.

Who calls the plays Brady or the offensive coordinator? 

This is the same O coordinator the Pats had in 2007 that set all kinds of records then couldn't score to save their @ss in the Super Bowl. The Giants D killed the Pats. The Pats weren't ready for the game - coaching wise and they made ZERO 2nd half adjustments. McDaniels has proven he sucks against better game plans. 

Brady is 36 he doesn't play as well as used to that's not open to discussion and I have said that before here.

As far as me not saying anything last week well, I'm sorry that unlike you, I can't be posting here 24 hours a day hundreds of times a day. Some Pats fans have to work for a living.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts