Brady questions team's toughness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Re: Brady questions team's toughness

Toughness is a legitimate question but I think that talent is more the problem. 

One place where the lack of talent shows up is int the KO return game.  Do we ever get one past the 25?  Yes, when Welker takes it !?!  There is no way he should be returning a KO and he wouldn't have been if the team wasn't (again) in a desperate situation.  Where is Marony on the KO's?  It's probably his best chance to help the team. 

But as for talent, there is no more glaring need than a pass rush.  Hopefully this will get addressed in the offseason, which is most likely going to start about three hours after kick-off on Jan. 9.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

People who are calling out Brady for his toughness or his desire, i dunno i just don't get you guys.  The man has played thru pain his entire career (including yesterday) and has been taking some serious shots this year thanks to the O line.  So what if he's married to a supermodel? What does that have to do with anything?  He shows up early, stays in late, mentors young players, and is universally respected by everyone who actually is involved with the team.  The Pats don't take kindly to laziness (doug gabriel?), and Brady's been a team leader for years now.  It's funny how only some "fans" are the ones questioning his desire.  There are about 50 things that i'd fix on the Pats before Tom Brady came into question, people need to appreciate the fact that they've been gifted one of the all time great quarterbacks.  How about some pass protection, a WR3, and some play calling?   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

In Response to Brady questions team's toughness:
    [QUOTE]Brady said. "When things don't go your way, you have to fight back. That's a challenge for all of us. I think at times we do, and at times I don't think we fight very hard." The Providence Journal Eerily close to throwing his team under the bus.  Hmm.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

I don't read it that way, unless he is throwing himself there also.  No part of that comment indicates that a certain part of the team is doing poorly.  Now if he were to say "My offensive line didn't block well today" you might have something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

[QUOTE]Brady said. "When things don't go your way, you have to fight back. That's a challenge for all of us. I think at times we do, and at times I don't think we fight very hard." The Providence Journal Eerily close to throwing his team under the bus.  Hmm.

WOW UD good catch.  You would be entirely correct except that TB used "US" and "WE" instead of "Them" and "They".  Are your grammer skills really so poor?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

And here's the fact.  He is right.  Just like Manning was. 

In my opinion, there is no issue here.  Exactly as Nick said, someone has to say it.  Manning did previously and Brady is here now. 

You guys are so busy trying to defend without thinking that you miss the point.  Someone needs to publicly say this, and Brady, the leader that he is, did.  Just like Manning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Brady questions team's toughness:
    [QUOTE]To all - I come in here and take your slings and arrows after colts defeats especially playoff defeats.  I am sorry if you do not believe I am entitled to do the same.

In other words you admit you you were just trolling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]And here's the fact.  He is right.  Just like Manning was.  In my opinion, there is no issue here.  Exactly as Nick said, someone has to say it.  Manning did previously and Brady is here now.  You guys are so busy trying to defend without thinking that you miss the point.  Someone needs to publicly say this, and Brady, the leader that he is, did.  Just like Manning.

English 101.....you need to go back to it.....

Brady said he is part of the problem.....Pay-a-ton never admitted that he was part of the problem...

Keep reaching....there is no comparison....Pay-A-Ton threw his team under the bus, where Brady went under the Bus with his team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Brady could have very pointedly pointed out how many times the Pats D let the team down by allowing the other team to come back in the second half this year, especially in the SB when he drove the team to a go ahead score.  Brady is the quintessential TEAM player.  He DOES NOT throw anyone under the bus.  The Pats play as a team.  Unfortunately, for you, Dogg..   your man Peyton has thrown folks under the bus and he can be quoted doing that!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Maybe if i had said Doggpoop I wouldn't have gotten deleted

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Where is u-dog?  He knows he is wrong about this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]To all - I come in here and take your slings and arrows after colts defeats especially playoff defeats.  I am sorry if you do not believe I am entitled to do the same.

I don't mind you posting here, and I don't mind if you criticize the Pats but it seems that you are just trying to stir the pot lately.  You seem reasonably intelligent, do you really believe Brady called his team out from that quote?  Do you really believe BB worked over the injury report for some betting scandal? 

I don't think you actually believe what you're writing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

You are pathetic, aren't you.

Does Peyton's throwing his O-line under the bus still gnaw at you or what. That is awesome.

The thing you don't realize is that TB is using a "we" statement and, taking the content you posted at face value because we all know you would never ever post anything out of context, he is calling himself and his team out.

Peyton used "I"in his statement and he was clearly saying his line did not protect him.

You are certainly a laughable toad, grasping at such straws. I am just wondering if Manning will call out the refs when they lose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

So what. The fact is that you are a troll. You are sorry, definitely. And your sense of entitlement is childish.

Did I miss anything?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]And here's the fact.  He is right.  Just like Manning was.  In my opinion, there is no issue here.  Exactly as Nick said, someone has to say it.  Manning did previously and Brady is here now.  You guys are so busy trying to defend without thinking that you miss the point.  Someone needs to publicly say this, and Brady, the leader that he is, did.  Just like Manning.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

What a toad.

They are fundamentally different on several levels.

Brady is saying it about himself and his team in the middle of the season when there are games left to play and the thought is to fire up the team.

Manning blamed his line for not protecting him after the season was done.

I will make it simple enough that even you can understand it.

Not same.

I love the fact that this has gnawed at you for what? 5 years now? Entirely awesome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe if i had said Doggpoop I wouldn't have gotten deleted
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Even better. Underwear is actually reporting posts now. I thought my respect for him was at its lowest point ever, but I was wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

TOM'S  PLAY RECENTLY HAS NOT BEEN AT PREVIOUS ALLSTAR LEVELS....
      OVER THROWING OPEN RECEIVERS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN SURE SCORES DOES NOT HELP!!! He missed Welker and was it Aiken down the left sideline who had 5 yds on the cb. and throwing the pick into the enczone was a life saver for the dolphins. He has consistently missed open receiver and that needs to be fixed ASAP. Chances arise in games and the Pats have to fulfill those opportunities. forcing the ball into Welker when triple covered coes not make sense.
     It makes for an interesting  last 4 games.

Go Pats

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

Someone call the Indy Police Department and let them know we found their village idiot.  You crack me up man.  You come trolling about, start and idiotic post (it was obvious you didn't listen to the entire interview - just the sound bites), then when you're called for being a hypocrite, you spout the crapola above, then for a finale - bloviate about what leaders Brady and Manning are.  Good Lord, are you always this transparent or is it something you work hard at.  Being a troll and busting chops is one thing.  Being a troll under the guise of wanting to get other folks' perspective is laughable.  Are you lonely - what, Colts fans don't welcome you to their boards?  Geez dude you've sunk from mildly amusing to downright pathetic.  Whatever floats your boat pal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

That is not "throwing his team under the bus".  Maybe he is challenging them, trying to motivate them, a la Larry Bird in the 1984 Finals but throwing them under the bus??  We're talking about professional athletes, I think they'll get the point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Brady questions team's toughness : Someone call the Indy Police Department and let them know we found their village idiot.  You crack me up man.  You come trolling about, start and idiotic post (it was obvious you didn't listen to the entire interview - just the sound bites), then when you're called for being a hypocrite, you spout the crapola above, then for a finale - bloviate about what leaders Brady and Manning are.  Good Lord, are you always this transparent or is it something you work hard at.  Being a troll and busting chops is one thing.  Being a troll under the guise of wanting to get other folks' perspective is laughable.  Are you lonely - what, Colts fans don't welcome you to their boards?  Geez dude you've sunk from mildly amusing to downright pathetic.  Whatever floats your boat pal.
    Posted by simroy

Yes, he is transparent.

The fun part is that he has convinced himself he isn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I'm a 30 year + Pat's fan and in no way a fair weather fan, but Brady is p!ssing me off this year. He doesn't seem to be taking any personal responsibilty, (for his own awful play at crunch time/4th qtr) and has looked a lot like Manning this year (pouting and yelling at receivers and pointing to refs for penalties instead of just outplaying the other team.)

And on a side note; I'm starting to seriously dislike BB, he is giving Brady the Dan Marino treatment ... "You're so good, you don't need a defense or running game"

How many rings did Marino win? I'd hate for the 2nd half of Brady's career to mirror Dan's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Oh wow. A jintsfan sighting. They must have won this past week otherwise we wouldn't even see his shadow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wow amazed at the BB and Brady bashing going on, I'm not hanging this on three SB rings this decade but this is a fact.  The Pats are in a rebuilding year, what other team can go on rebuild mode and still be leading their division? (see raiders, browns, 49rs, Lions ect)  Our D is soft and we don't have the veteran leadership we once had.  Guys do not know how to finish and the coaches are not adjusting to teams on the second half of games.
    I like that Brady spoke out, he included himself.  I do agree BB has to changed a few things because of the players we now have.  I think his scheme needs to be simplified specially in pass D.  The answer to a pass rush in not on the team so don't plan to have one this season so if you can't get there y not drop more people into coverage.  The long ball is killing us every week.  So yes the team is soft on both sides of the ball and the coaching is not adjusting as the once did.  If you can't win on the road you are not going far in the playoffs, but to begin bashing the QB and coach is ridiculous.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Brady said. "When things don't go your way, you have to fight back. That's a challenge for all of us. I think at times we do, and at times I don't think we fight very hard." The Providence Journal Eerily close to throwing his team under the bus.  Hmm.
    Posted by underdoggg

Brady is the leader of this team for all intents and purposes. His teammates respect and look to him to lead their squad. If Brady believes that something needs to be said [in public] about how he feels the entire team is playing, that is his prerogative and his right. It is a way for him to motivate his 'troops' and himself to get the job done. I have absolutely no problem with that, not from any QB that is of Brady's experience and level of success. More specificially, I see no disrespectful connotation in what he said, underdoggg.

Frankly, he can say whatever the hell he wants IMO and should not be second guessed. He is a captain and the QB, the one with whom the burden of success/failure hinges in the eyes peering in from outside the locker room. He does not throw his team 'under the bus' because he has no need to resort to such infantile, deflective behavior. End of story. 

Now as for what jughead may or may not have said about his team in the past...I have no knowledge nor opinion thereof. Why? Because quite honestly I really don't care enough about what PM has to say (about his team) to comment on it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Dude, you are a Ponies fan. Why are you always on a Boston/Patriots website. Your team is on top of the AFC, yet you are here, again and again with your stupid post. ??????????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, you are a Ponies fan. Why are you always on a Boston/Patriots website. Your team is on top of the AFC, yet you are here, again and again with your stupid post. ??????????
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Glutton for punishment perhaps? lol

Sections
Shortcuts