Brady rating since getting Gronk and Amendola back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Brady rating since getting Gronk and Amendola back?

Discuss. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Brady rating since getting Gronk and Amendola back?

not surprsing opens eachother up and takes pressure off the rooks to get open. the offense is flowing as well with Vereen who is a gamer too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

How much is Amendola contributing though? Is it more Gronk and now Vereen?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Brady is so much more decisive now as compared to a few weeks ago. Also I thought Thompkins looked good, I hope to see more of him down the stretch. Getting Vereen back is a big boost. Brady made some great throws tonight, especially under the conditions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Many here stated this would happen when people were impatient with the rookies early on.  Now, instead of having to be the primary targets, these rookies are becoming very dangerous secondary weapons with the main guys: Gronk, Vereen, and DA getting most of the looks.  This offense will be dangerous come January; they just have to play complimentary football.

When Brady has his guys healthy and the offense develops continuity, he is simply amazing.  What a joy it is to watch him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

How much is Amendola contributing though? Is it more Gronk and now Vereen?

he gets attention which opens things up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Getting them back was important as it opens things up for others.  Great seeing Edelman have maybe the biggest game of his career( huge handling punts today). The run game worries me, as we need to be able to rely on Rid imo, but Gronk is still the most dangerous redzone nthreat in the LG and Amendola commands some respect. Offense is improving at the right time. It is great seeing what Brady can do with some continuity on offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Many here stated this would happen when people were impatient with the rookies early on.  Now, instead of having to be the primary targets, these rookies are becoming very dangerous secondary weapons with the main guys: Gronk, Vereen, and DA getting most of the looks.  This offense will be dangerous come January; they just have to play complimentary football.

When Brady has his guys healthy and the offense develops continuity, he is simply amazing.  What a joy it is to watch him

Ha, great post!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

A little confused with two drives late in the game getting slowed down by bombs when the Broncos could not stop the short game. Pats had all the momentum and decided to go for the deep ball at the worst time. Strange in my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

More importantly what is his espn total qbr rating ? And even more importantly what the hell is a qbr

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gronk is just a mismatch vs everyone.  He is a huge factor in the passing game.  Amendola not so much. He is getting attention but not double team attention or game planning attention.  He really has be less effective then I thought he would be which is really saying a lot.  Edelman finally had his best game in several weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Discuss. 

He has his full complement of receivers with Gronk, Vareen and Amendola back and both Thompkins and Dobson have begun to play much better. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not surprising Z. Add a couple of more vets to the mix, plus some more experience for the rooks and this is the result. I said early in the year this is quite possibly a more lethal offense than we ever have had due,to diversity. I still believe it if we can cure our runners fumbilitis and the Oline can play more consistently. 

2 big surprises for me on O. Edelman is quietly working his way into a nice contract. Can we afford him? And, amendola is not quite the weapon I thought he would be. He seems to disappear for long stretches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nothing makes me want to participate less than someone telling me to participate.  Man, I hate when people say, "Discuss". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Ha, great post!

It might be, if it wasn't a lie.

The usual suspect homers and Brady bashers weren't saying Brady was going to have better results when the veterans returned. They were either saying the rookies were doing just fine or Brady was just playing badly.

Those who knew what the hell they were talking about claimed that giving Brady 3 prime receivers who over the first third or so of the season had a total of 12 NFL starts between them going in was a recipe for a anemic passing game.

And the results show they were right, not the homers and Brady bashers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Nothing makes me want to participate less than someone telling me to participate.  Man, I hate when people say, "Discuss". 

It's okay Not. Don't sweat the small stuff.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Gronk is just a mismatch vs everyone.  He is a huge factor in the passing game.

Gronk is the key and has been since his sophomore year. He is the greatest difference maker since Moss as a receiver.

Both Amendola and Welker just are not in his class as a force to contend with by an opposing D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ha, great post!

The usual suspect homers and Brady bashers weren't saying Brady was going to have better results when the veterans returned. They were either saying the rookies were doing just fine or Brady was just playing badly.

Those who knew what the hell they were talking about claimed that giving Brady 3 prime receivers who over the first third or so of the season had a total of 12 NFL starts between them going in was a recipe for a anemic passing game.

To be fair the plan wasn't for DA and Vereen to get injured in game 1, and the fact that Gronk wasn't PUP'ed suggest that the plan was for him to return sooner than he did. The plan was never for Dobson, KT, Edelman, and some guy named Mulligan to be the prime targets. Circumstances made it so, and it is just amazing that they found a way to win games during that stretch.

Some of us were excited to see the rookies survive in more or less one piece, and thrilled to see the team win games without any contributions from RBs or TEs for several games. Credit goes to TB, the rookies, and to the D.

Now the D is playing a little worse because they've lost VW, Mayo, and Kelly for the season, and several others are dinged up. With them healthy I would call the Patriots heavy favorites to win it all, for now they are "just" contenders like Denver, Seattle, and maybe New Orleans.

Gronk is pivotal in making the offense click, no doubt about it. They could survive loosing Amendola, but not Gronk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:

Brady is so much more decisive now as compared to a few weeks ago. Also I thought Thompkins looked good, I hope to see more of him down the stretch. Getting Vereen back is a big boost. Brady made some great throws tonight, especially under the conditions.

Yes, it's amazing how when receivers run the correct routes and get open, the quarterback miraculously becomes more decisive.  What a coincidence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Ha, great post!

What?  I've been saying it all season, patsfansince1966.  You like to create scenarios in your head and act as if they're real.  You're sick. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It wa really done in irony. The suggestion, here, is that previous board chatter provides the context for the post. 

Normally, I actually agree with you. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

In response to dfitzp's comment:

Yes, it's amazing how when receivers run the correct routes and get open, the quarterback miraculously becomes more decisive.  What a coincidence.

Amazingly enough ... someone will post something like that. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Ha, great post!

To be fair the plan wasn't for DA and Vereen to get injured in game 1, and the fact that Gronk wasn't PUP'ed suggest that the plan was for him to return sooner than he did. The plan was never for Dobson, KT, Edelman, and some guy named Mulligan to be the prime targets. Circumstances made it so, and it is just amazing that they found a way to win games during that stretch.

Some of us were excited to see the rookies survive in more or less one piece, and thrilled to see the team win games without any contributions from RBs or TEs for several games. Credit goes to TB, the rookies, and to the D.

Now the D is playing a little worse because they've lost VW, Mayo, and Kelly for the season, and several others are dinged up. With them healthy I would call the Patriots heavy favorites to win it all, for now they are "just" contenders like Denver, Seattle, and maybe New Orleans.

Gronk is pivotal in making the offense click, no doubt about it. They could survive loosing Amendola, but not Gronk.

The D is palying a little worse ... but outside of the Carolina game, they've played good situational football all along. 

I like the fact that NE can defend against the pass better than years past ... the fact that they are more vulnerable against the run might be an issue when it comes time to play NFC teams (SF, Carolina, Seattle) again. 

I think it can be mitigated though through better gameplanning down the road. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, getting the same crew of guys in practice four weeks in a row has paid big dividends. 

A rotating cast is worse for an offense than it is for a defense because of how offensive plays are orchestrated sequentially. Execution has to occur sequentially for something to unfold correctly. 

On defense, there is often a chance that mistakes will be missed, and (not all the time) they only effect outcome in one limited area of the field. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Discuss. 

You mean Brady isnt really washed up and maybe he needed  atleast 2 veteran options to throw to in order to be right? Gronk being the best in the league doesnt hurt either. Its good Amendola got hurt cuz now Brady has chemistry with everyone. I said it last week that the offense now is more dynamic than ever, even 07 because of the ability to work every part of the field. With MOss and Wes we had deep and underneath but when did Randy run Post routes? One time vs the Colts in 07? How about corner routes or slants? Now we can throw anywhere on the field with success and its showing. I like our offense now better than 07 if u can believe that

I look at the fact that since they have came back we have rarely seen both Thompkins and Dobson on the field together, let alone Boyce. Its just too much for an offense to go thru 3 rookies and its why I said Boyce would be redshirted which he has. Folks were all over me for saying it but I like Boyce, I just took him being 3rd on depth chart as the odd man out. Dobson and Thompkins roles seem to change to week to week and they arent as reliant on them now which is always how it should be but injuries early made us work thru it and we are better now for it.

Sections
Shortcuts