Brady record against some of our favorite teams.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams.

What's still amazing is that we're still playing the Blame Game. If the refs call "in the grasp", Tyree dznt catch the ball in his helmet earhole (anyone besides me notice Harrison didn't make an effort to separate Tyree from his sense, let alone the ball?). Well, that was ONE play. Too bad the TD catch by Burress is either ignored, or given up as a "given; was going to happen" deal). But, let's look at the first possession of the 2nd half: 16 play, 8 min Drive To Nowhere, turning the ball over on downs on the Giant 31 yd line. In the 2nd half, the vaunted offense had four possession with any realistic time on the clock. They scored once (to go ahead 14-10). The other three were: 1) 16 play, 48 yd, 8 min possession, turned over on downs @ NY 31 yr line   2) 10 play, 36 yd, 3 min possession to end the 3rd Qtr, ended with punt  3) 4 play, 20 yd, 1:30 possession, punt.  Yep, I see where the Defense stunk the place out on those possessions. Seems to me that a SB caliber Qb, on his game, will score more than 7 points in 4 possessions.

Then, there's last years version of torture. Let's see what happened after the Pat's final score at 11:20 of the 3rd Qtr. There was the ill-advised, severely underthrown ball to Gronk that was INT. (I can't determine if that was Gronk's fault, Welker's fault, or the D's fault. Let's blame Bush! YOU make that call.) Then there was the pass to Welker. Sorry, but to contort almost 360 degrees, running one way and trying to catch a ball behind and over your head...
    (Welker took one for Brady by taking the "blame" after the game. No one blames Branch when Brady tossed one into his ankles when he was wide open on a screen pass with room down the sidelines. Why's that? Anyone ever in, or associated with a team environment in a post game losing lockerroom will know that players step up to shoulder some of the responsibility in a late game choke/loss. Anyone notice where Brady ever came out and said he could/should have thrown a better pass to Welker? I sure didn't.) The D? They were nigh unto horrible all season, yet was "improving game to game". They had a great game, except for 1 possession. Funny how Brady had multiple bad possessions, yet the loss is pinned on Welker and the D.

Brady has proven he can win regular season games. Funny how we always say that Payaton was a stat hog, never won anything. Yet, since the Pat's last SB win, he's won more than Brady has. AND his brother has won double what he has, with both wins coming against the Pats. Let's use that Fuzzy Math: Mannings 3  Brady 0.

It's GOT to be that lousy D. Oh, yeah, and Welker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams.:
    What's still amazing is that we're still playing the Blame Game. If the refs call "in the grasp", Tyree dznt catch the ball in his helmet earhole (anyone besides me notice Harrison didn't make an effort to separate Tyree from his sense, let alone the ball?). Well, that was ONE play. Too bad the TD catch by Burress is either ignored, or given up as a "given; was going to happen" deal). But, let's look at the first possession of the 2nd half: 16 play, 8 min Drive To Nowhere, turning the ball over on downs on the Giant 31 yd line. In the 2nd half, the vaunted offense had four possession with any realistic time on the clock. They scored once (to go ahead 14-10). The other three were: 1) 16 play, 48 yd, 8 min possession, turned over on downs @ NY 31 yr line   2) 10 play, 36 yd, 3 min possession to end the 3rd Qtr, ended with punt  3) 4 play, 20 yd, 1:30 possession, punt.  Yep, I see where the Defense stunk the place out on those possessions. Seems to me that a SB caliber Qb, on his game, will score more than 7 points in 4 possessions. Then, there's last years version of torture. Let's see what happened after the Pat's final score at 11:20 of the 3rd Qtr. There was the ill-advised, severely underthrown ball to Gronk that was INT. (I can't determine if that was Gronk's fault, Welker's fault, or the D's fault. Let's blame Bush! YOU make that call.) Then there was the pass to Welker. Sorry, but to contort almost 360 degrees, running one way and trying to catch a ball behind and over your head... (Welker took one for Brady by taking the "blame" after the game. No one blames Branch when Brady tossed one into his ankles when he was wide open on a screen pass with room down the sidelines. Why's that? Anyone ever in, or associated with a team environment in a post game losing lockerroom will know that players step up to shoulder some of the responsibility in a late game choke/loss. Anyone notice where Brady ever came out and said he could/should have thrown a better pass to Welker? I sure didn't.) The D? They were nigh unto horrible all season, yet was "improving game to game". They had a great game, except for 1 possession. Funny how Brady had multiple bad possessions, yet the loss is pinned on Welker and the D.   Brady has proven he can win regular season games. Funny how we always say that Payaton was a stat hog, never won anything. Yet, since the Pat's last SB win, he's won more than Brady has. AND his brother has won double what he has, with both wins coming against the Pats. Let's use that Fuzzy Math: Mannings 3  Brady 0. It's GOT to be that lousy D. Oh, yeah, and Welker.
    Posted by AZPAT

Refernce to the "Mannings winning more" is for Super Bowls, the onky games that REALLY matter. At least up to the end of the 2005 SB for Pats fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Reference to the "Mannings winning more" is for Super Bowls, the only games that REALLY matter. At least up to the end of the 2005 SB for Pats fans.
    Posted by AZPAT

To me, (and i feel like I'm in the minority), all of the games matter. I'm just as proud of the Patriots' stellar regular season record as I am with the Super Bowl wins. Our team has 3 trophies and expecting more is being greedy, in my opinion.

14 teams,

Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
    Buffalo Bills (0-4)
    Cincinnati Bengals (0-2)
    Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
    Tennessee Titans (0-1)
    San Diego Chargers (0-1)
    Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
    Carolina Panthers (0-1)
    Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
    Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions

have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one.

That said, the Patriots will win the next 4 Super Bowls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Seems to me that a SB caliber Qb, on his game, will score more than 7 points in 4 possessions.
    Posted by AZPAT

Seems to me Brady's 110 passer rating with 2 TDs and no picks against the Eagles in the SB is a QB "on his game". Yet he had 4 possessions in the 1st quarter that all resulted in punts, none of which totaled more than 17 yards. And 3 possessions in the 4th quarter gleaned only a FG.

As a matter of fact the 2.12 points a drive in the recent SB exceeded the 2 points a drive in 2004.

And instead of getting no turnovers to help, the defense in 2004 got four.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Then there was the pass to Welker. Sorry, but to contort almost 360 degrees, running one way and trying to catch a ball behind and over your head... (Welker took one for Brady by taking the "blame" after the game.
    Posted by AZPAT

Welker dropped the ball. GET OVER IT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The D? They were nigh unto horrible all season, yet was "improving game to game". They had a great game, except for 1 possession.
    Posted by AZPAT

Alrighty then. Eli hits 75% of his passes, bests his seasonal PR by 10 points and goes through them like crap through a goose to win the SB at the end and you think "they had a great game". Did the voices tell you that?

Yeah, "except for one possession". Which just happened to lose the Super Bowl. A minor detail.

That's like saying the pitcher pitched a great game except for that one at bat in the bottom of the 9th when he got tagged for a 3 run homer to lose the 7th game of the World Series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : To me, (and i feel like I'm in the minority), all of the games matter. I'm just as proud of the Patriots' stellar regular season record as I am with the Super Bowl wins. Our team has 3 trophies and expecting more is being greedy, in my opinion. 14 teams, Minnesota Vikings (0-4) Buffalo Bills (0-4) Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) Tennessee Titans (0-1) San Diego Chargers (0-1) Atlanta Falcons (0-1) Carolina Panthers (0-1) Arizona Cardinals (0-1) Seattle Seahawks (0-1) Cleveland Browns Houston Texans Jacksonville Jaguars Detroit Lions have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one. That said, the Patriots will win the next 4 Super Bowls.
    Posted by digger0862

You're not alone.
    I actually think these black or white, all or nothing guys are in the minority and extremely selfish.  Part of the "entitlement" generation.
    There just seems to be a lot here.
    I don't get it.  There are no other colors in the world.  Nothing matters but the win and only if that's the "Big game".  Don't matter that you have to win to get there.
    La Dee Da, La Dee Da!  A Qb is only good if he wins the Big one.  Huh?
    It doesn't matter that there are a number of influencing factors that prevent that from happening, like the opposing team, dropped passes, injuries, picks, fumbles, defensive breakdowns, what ever... I guess he is playing with him self.
    That's an idea.  Maybe the Pats should just have their own SB every year playing themselves.  They'd be sure to win every time.  ;-(

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Seems to me Brady's 110 passer rating with 2 TDs and no picks against the Eagles in the SB is a QB "on his game". Yet he had 4 possessions in the 1st quarter that all resulted in punts, none of which totaled more than 17 yards. And 3 possessions in the 4th quarter gleaned only a FG. As a matter of fact the 2.12 points a drive in the recent SB exceeded the 2 points a drive in 2004. And instead of getting no turnovers to help, the defense in 2004 got four.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Suggst reading for comprehension: NEVER said antything about SB wins, only this "blame game" and Teflon Treatment of Brady. I reference the last two SB appearences, both losses, BTW.

Not even the lowest Pats fan would gripe about a SB win. This ain't the Red Sox board!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Welker dropped the ball. GET OVER IT.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Hmmmm.... show em the quote from ANY sportswrite, TV commentator, or talking head that said that Brady "laid the ball righ in there" to Welker, or it was a "great pass".

Go on, JUST one.....  Thought so......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Alrighty then. Eli hits 75% of his passes, bests his seasonal PR by 10 points and goes through them like crap through a goose to win the SB at the end and you think "they had a great game". Did the voices tell you that? Yeah, "except for one possession". Which just happened to lose the Super Bowl. A minor detail. That's like saying the pitcher pitched a great game except for that one at bat in the bottom of the 9th when he got tagged for a 3 run homer to lose the 7th game of the World Series.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Consider this: Brady and the O scores MORE than 17 points,a dn the D holds Manning to the 21, including teh late TD.

Nuff said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Where does Brady rank in throwing the ball from his own endzone in a Super Bowl to score the other team 2 points? I'd say he ranks #1. Not only did he score 2 points (for the wrong team) but he gave them the go ahead drive for a TD. That's 9 points BRADY gave to the Giants. How many points did the Giants win by? 4?  I think its safe to say.....BRADY LOST THAT GAME ON HIS OWN. NUFF SAID!
    Posted by RedEyedJeti

Hi Rusty
    Tb didn't give the jints the go ahead TD, BB did because he couldn't trust his vaunted D to even produce a 6 & out.  He was right.  They couldn't.
    You must have been in the restroom throwing  up during the Pats last defensive drive (all of them for that matter).  I find it much easier to keep a vomit bucket next to me at all times
    That way, you don't miss 2/3rds of the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Hi Rusty Tb didn't give the jints the go ahead TD, BB did because he couldn't trust his vaunted D to even produce a 6 & out.  He was right.  They couldn't. You must have been in the restroom throwing  up during the Pats last defensive drive (all of them for that matter).  I find it much easier to keep a vomit bucket next to me at all times That way, you don't miss 2/3rds of the game.
    Posted by pezz4pats

Funny how no one seems to remember that the defense stopped the Giants in the 4th after a Brady interception.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Funny how no one seems to remember that the defense stopped the Giants in the 4th after a Brady interception.
    Posted by glenr

Nah, I think everyone is aware they stopped 50% of their total drives and 25% in the second half, which just happened to be that one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : To me, (and i feel like I'm in the minority), all of the games matter. I'm just as proud of the Patriots' stellar regular season record as I am with the Super Bowl wins. Our team has 3 trophies and expecting more is being greedy, in my opinion. 14 teams, Minnesota Vikings (0-4) Buffalo Bills (0-4) Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) Tennessee Titans (0-1) San Diego Chargers (0-1) Atlanta Falcons (0-1) Carolina Panthers (0-1) Arizona Cardinals (0-1) Seattle Seahawks (0-1) Cleveland Browns Houston Texans Jacksonville Jaguars Detroit Lions have never won a Super Bowl. The Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions have never even played in one. That said, the Patriots will win the next 4 Super Bowls.
    Posted by digger0862

I have no qualms with their regular season record(s). My point is that, up to 2006 we Pats fans absolutely hammered the Colts for piling up wins and stats yet ALWAYS coming away empty come playoff time. Now, we see that same dynamic with the Pats, with the only difference being theire inability to close the deal on their last 2 SB's, despite record breaking offenses.  

We heaped abuse on Payaton for doing what Brady's done: lots of winxs/stats, yet Zippo for the last two SB appearances.

But, I'm not satisfied with averaging double digit wins and divisional/conference  crowns if they pull a Vikings: go 0-4 in RECENT Super Bowl appearances. Think Vikes fans are overly happy and enthralled with that? For not having won one, I could say yes. But, we've been spoiled with 3 Lombardis. As Voince said, you're not playing for LAST YEAR. It's one more trophy that needs to be dusted off regularly. We can't live in the past, like some folks here want to. .

I don't like seeing Pats fans becoming hypocritical when they have fallen into the Colts Malaise.... lots of regular season wins, records, and stats, but nothing to show for post seasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Funny how no one seems to remember that the defense stopped the Giants in the 4th after a Brady interception.
    Posted by glenr

Shhhh! Like Brady's toss into Branch's ankles when he had lots of room down the sidelines, you're not supposed to mention this defensive effort!

(I'm totally surprised that Branch idn't get hammered because he had not evolved into having good hands growing half way down his calfs!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : I don't blame you! If I was a fan of this team I would too...
    Posted by RedEyedJeti

Hi Rusty,
    Thanks for finally admitting you're not a Pats fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I'm not Rusty. But it looks like Tom Brady is.
    Posted by RedEyedJeti

Hi Rusty
    If anyone is Not rusty, it would be TB.
    Your all wet and extremely old bashing, most certainly is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

ok another vermin under the manning/coolpat infestation

and by the way it is jedi not jeti

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Sooo, you're saying he didn't fumble the ball last week ?
    Posted by RedEyedJeti

No, I don't believe anyone said that rusty.  So???
    Pretty sure all QB's fumble.
    Wait till pervemanning gets sandwiched between 2 rushers.  Bet he fumbles more than the ball.  You might see his head rolling around on the turf.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Very telling that you can't really tell if Redeye is manning/coolpat or Rusty on another fake account. The attacks against Brady are basically identical. Either way it's a troll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Hmmmm.... show em the quote from ANY sportswrite, TV commentator, or talking head that said that Brady "laid the ball righ in there" to Welker, or it was a "great pass". Go on, JUST one.....  Thought so......
    Posted by AZPAT

Hmmmm.... show em the quote from ANY sportswriter, TV commentator, or talking head that said that Welker caught the ball that hit him square in both hands.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

as much as redeyedjeti is an idiot troll....he is right that brady's brainfart safety in the super bowl went a long way towards helping the giants win that game.....it also didnt help that they didnt score a single point after that hernandez td.....too much pressure was put on the defense and they were saving the offenses' a ss over and over until the end.....really disappointing execution by the offense in that game....and in the ravens game too.
    Posted by BostonPride34

Does saving their azz mean allowing the jints to score on half of their possessions  (75% in the second half) and keeping the O on the sidelines, cold, for 2/3rds of the game?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Brady record against some of our favorite teams. : Seems to me Brady's 110 passer rating with 2 TDs and no picks against the Eagles in the SB is a QB "on his game". Yet he had 4 possessions in the 1st quarter that all resulted in punts, none of which totaled more than 17 yards. And 3 possessions in the 4th quarter gleaned only a FG. As a matter of fact the 2.12 points a drive in the recent SB exceeded the 2 points a drive in 2004. And instead of getting no turnovers to help, the defense in 2004 got four.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Brady did absolutely NOTHING after their final score at the 11:20 point in the 3rd Qtr. GREAT Houdini immitation, if you ask me. He was not a SB quality QB after that: underthrowing a injured Gronk, the Welker throw, and the In Your Ankles heave to Branch. Yet, you'll continually blame Welker for "dropping a ball" that any TALLER/TALENTED WR would have difficulty catching.... Absolutely amazing!

Enjoy Babe Land!

Sections
Shortcuts