Brady restructures contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lloydchristmas. Show lloydchristmas's posts

Brady restructures contract

Kind of a complicated atricle to read but I guess it saves 7.2 million for this year in cap space

Mac's Football Blog: Patriots Free Up $7.2M In Cap Space By Restructuring Tom Brady's Contract

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Brady restructures contract

Excellent.  Nice to see him admit he's been overpaid and getting back to the old Brady.

BB is set to pounce on a big name player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Good.  Of course Kraft would need to actually spend that money on the football team for it to matter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lloydchristmas. Show lloydchristmas's posts

Its gotta be for something, they are comfortably under the cap right now. I dont know if its just so Wes can get a fat contract or what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Probably for Welker - that makes sense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Could very well be that or some big splash in FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lloydchristmas. Show lloydchristmas's posts

I just reread it and he actually restructured it on the 16th, since then they singed a bunch of players over last weekend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Ahh.   So, no splash or Welker related, but for the other FAs. Makes sense since Welker is taking up 9.5 up front as they shop.  Lloyd and Fanene aren't expensive, but they both take up a chunk of the budget. 

Still good to see Brady do it.  NOw if we could just get selfish Logie to help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think that re-structure is smoke and mirrors in reality. They take a high base salary, reduce it to some vet minimum and take the original moneys and make a signing bonus. This bonus is spread out over the contract which means the player loses nothing. He probably even gets his bonus up front. These guys don't give up a penny, and they shouldnt. A deal is a deal.

You go Brady helping the cap by restructure. We'll buy you a new D line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Well they better find some cash - because the defense is in rough shape.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Brady doing this...and Especially, Tom Brady restructuring his contract LIKE this- Gives me simply the highest admiration for him.  Here's Why?  Remember Brady, restructuring his second to last contract?  I'm am nearly 100% positive that Brady's restructuring at that given time, offered a restructuring for not just that lone year, but for a few years, in order to spread out the restructure (purportedly, so it can and could be spent elsewhere then AND in the future couple seasons after, on acquiring better NE Player(s), right?).  And so HOW did he go about that other time?  I believe BOTH times offered restructures, and in one instance, a couple rstructures...BUT the big thing with Brady that other time, was that he signed his contract at an EXTREMELY friendly hometeam discount from the very get-up (same reason-$ to be certainly spent elsewhere on as much supportive talent as they could)...

Problem was (not according to Miguel's NE Cap Page, just through every single other refernce resource page), Kraft didn't spend that full cap team amount...  And I neither mean, Under any circumstantial conditions, such as allowing for in-season signings which come about due to depth issues...I simply Mean: The amount NE Spent any given year VS. The amount the 31 other franchises spent.  Minus just 2007 I believe, when NE was #2 in total team spending I'm pretty certain too, NE's Team Cap was dead middle-bottom thirs...ALWAYS.  There used to be several accredited and very evenly accurate sites in the past, USA Today being the best and easiest to check on any basises of team, player, and season.  Last I checked though, after 2009, The NFL actually made them stop doing this (for obvious reasons of player/owner/fan voicings or actual issues which would would be detrimental to business- Practice, total take, and overall opinion on some franchise and owner).

Either way...Brady doing this RIGHT now, part way in to a NE Free Agency of NE's FO being dollar spending, numbered piece adding Players on the market, WHILE doing this restructure for just 1 single year...  Well, It don't take a brain surgeon to figure out why Brady did it this way, and at this time period, and in this manner. 

"Show me I can trust that you won't just take advantage of this, and I'll give ya more room on my contract leash that you're currently using to walk with."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Didn't they ask ocho to do the same? If Tom can he can unless he is gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Brady restructures contract:
    [QUOTE]Excellent.  Nice to see him admit he's been overpaid and getting back to the old Brady. BB is set to pounce on a big name player.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Yeah. He's going to pounce on a guy he already has Albert. Great prediction though.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

restructuring almost always helps the player too, not just the club.  I'm sure Brady got something out of it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady restructures contract : overpaid throwing for 5300 YARDS and leading his team to the SUPERBOWL... boy oh boy... btw he's admitting no such nonsense just freeing up money to sign players
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

AND...
    Brady has never been known for lack of Brains. He's got so many endorsements that pay him more than his salary, huh? Team friendly, why not? He answers the question of 'who is the smartest person in the world'? The person who HIRES the smartest person in the world. His accountant is one of them. A No brainer! Nice guy...it all fits perfectly.

Peace to all....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

problem is it makes '13 and '14's cap # for Brady go up to 13 or 14 mill!! What happens then???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Excellent.  Nice to see him admit he's been overpaid and getting back to the old Brady. BB is set to pounce on a big name player.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

The restructure (assuming it's reported correctly) gives him the same amount of cash this year, just transfers the form of that cash from base to bonus, since the cap rules allow bonus money to be pro-rated against the cap over the life of the contract while base salary counts against the cap fully in the year it is paid.

This "admission" you talk of is just another of your many bizarre little fantasies that arise when, inside your head, a weak grasp of the facts comes in contact with the egomaniacal need to feel superior to others. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]problem is it makes '13 and '14's cap # for Brady go up to 13 or 14 mill!! What happens then???
    Posted by theshinez[/QUOTE]

IF Obama gets his tax the rich policy passed Brady will have restructured into an overall federal tax rate of /> 45%

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

again the cap has no relation to how the money is paid to a player; it is a smoothing of payments across a contract.  It is like accounting; it has no relation to cash

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady restructures contract : IF Obama gets his tax the rich policy passed Brady will have restructured into an overall federal tax rate of /> 45%
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]
    Can you believe that??! someone having to give up almost HALF of their pay??  The founding fathers would roll over in there graves!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady restructures contract : Can you believe that??! someone having to give up almost HALF of their pay??  The founding fathers would roll over in there graves!!

The founding fathers having been rolling over for years with such a divide between the uber-rich and everyone else.

I know, poor guys making 10 million a year will SOMEHOW have to suffice on 5. Ouch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]problem is it makes '13 and '14's cap # for Brady go up to 13 or 14 mill!! What happens then???

The cap will grow somewhat, also, the Pats do not do this with many players, so they don't get caught in a bad spot like PIT, and if you look at their numbers, I dno't think they have a significant FA coming up for 2 years when Mayo is due.

They are in such incredibly good cap standing it's almost not fair to the rest of the league. Teams are supposed to have to blow it up and start rebuilding at some point. BB has, and has kept winning throughout, and hasn't been in a situation where he had to make uncomfortable cuts. He's made on uncomfortable cut in his Pat tenure, and he did it because of performance, and Milloy would admit it was the right move by now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I just reread it and he actually restructured it on the 16th, since then they singed a bunch of players over last weekend.
    Posted by lloydchristmas[/QUOTE]

So they could have signed Wimbley, prob 5/32.5 (slightly less to play here over TN 5/35) and he woulda only counted 3-4 million on the '12 cap

what a move that coulda been, ah well