Brady should holdout.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Re: Brady should holdout.

If they won in 18-1 season, all this would be water under the bridge.  Really.  Think about it.  The motto would be "I got 4 rings and let's ride it out, hope for a 5th, until I'm done playing."  It wouldn't be this career-critical.

And that SB was really 3 freak luck plays from being a Pats win - missed INT by Samuel; Eli escapes a sack by Seymour by an inch; worst pass in SB history lands on the hlemet of a now unemployed guy named Tyree who somehow held on for dear life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Won't work. Back then we still had some good defenders from Carrol/Parcells with some gas in the tank. Now we just have BB's bad draft picks and dumpster diving spare parts.

The only player of note on the 2007 defense that BB did not bring in himself was Bruschi.  Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument though.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If they won in 18-1 season, all this would be water under the bridge.  Really.  Think about it.  The motto would be "I got 4 rings and let's ride it out, hope for a 5th, until I'm done playing."  It wouldn't be this career-critical.

And that SB was really 3 freak luck plays from being a Pats win - missed INT by Samuel; Eli escapes a sack by Seymour by an inch; worst pass in SB history lands on the hlemet of a now unemployed guy named Tyree who somehow held on for dear life.

[/QUOTE]   

you forgot the tuck rule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Can Brady move and throw the deep ball as well as he could earlier in his career?  No, probably not.  Can Manning? Can Brees? No, but still top QB's in the league.  Brady is still a very accurate passer, maybe not as much on the deeper routes but on the shorter routes he is.  Brady carries the team on his back every season. 

Please tell me another QB who could come in here and lead this team to the seasons Brady has?  There aren't any! Not with this defense.  Now how many SB's do you think Brady would have if he was playing with the 49'ers D or the Seahawks D?  How about with the weapons Manning has?  Come one guys, Brady isn't the problem here, he still gives this team a big advantage over other teams, just need to give him some more help and tools to work with.

[/QUOTE]

TFB, good post. No denying your point here, BUT will he be better at what you describe at 37, 38? God knows I wish he could be, but the older he gets the faster the Defenses get. He doesn't have enough mobility/diversity. Not his fault. I LOVE TOM! BB just needs to get the next guy ready for 2015. Tom won't be as good then as he was this year and that wont be good enough no matter who hes throwing it to. Next year is his last, best chance and we all need to get use to that sooner than later. WHO really wants to see him two years from now even if he is as good as this year? The reason for so many great comebacks this year can be attributed to his aweful starts all season long. It was unnerving. I know I sound sacriligious, but its true.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey RallyC, yeah I get it, I know he can't play forever and he is at the tail end of his career but I think he still has 2 good, productive seasons left.  But he needs the right pieces around him if they are to get another SB.  Do you hang on to him for a couple years and try to give him the pieces or do you replace him now?  I don't think Mallet is the guy to take over.  I don't think there is anyone they can get right now and be SB contenders the next 2 seasons.  Get someone in here and groom them to take over either after next season or the season after.  I really think the offense, and scoring problem was more due to the receivers then Brady being older.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

without Tom Brady you win 8 games a year

You can't just say that without knowing who replaces him. Drew Bledsoe would win more than 8 games a year with this team. Hell, Tim Tebow would win more than 8 games a year with this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Truth is Elway did a better job as the GM of his team than Belichick, that's not even debatable. They lost their best offensive lineman in September. September! Not only was it their left tackle, but this guy is probably the best left tackle if football...they never missed a beat. How did they do that? They are a passing team, passing teams rely on those left tackles, especially with a immobile quarterback...they NEVER had a drop off. That's the GM. 

Denver lost their best pass rusher, it didn't matter, instead no name defensive tackles blew right past our 40 million dollar guard (by the way who pays guards 40 million??). They lost Derek Wolfe. They played some games without their best tightend. They lost their best corner, yet none of it mattered, their depth played outstanding. 

Say what you want about Elway, but the guy realized he needed to replace Tebow (despite heavy fan pressure not to). He got his guy, then he surrounded him with talent. They may not win the Super Bowl, but at least they went for it and tried...more than you can say for us as we have spent the last four years signing washed up old players. If we surrounded our quarterback with that kind of talent we'd be going to the Super Bowl...better luck next year, or will it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady hasn't won a big game in a decade.  He should probably lay low.

[/QUOTE]

Neither has BB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Can Brady move and throw the deep ball as well as he could earlier in his career?  No, probably not.  Can Manning? Can Brees? No, but still top QB's in the league.  Brady is still a very accurate passer, maybe not as much on the deeper routes but on the shorter routes he is.  Brady carries the team on his back every season. 

Please tell me another QB who could come in here and lead this team to the seasons Brady has?  There aren't any! Not with this defense.  Now how many SB's do you think Brady would have if he was playing with the 49'ers D or the Seahawks D?  How about with the weapons Manning has?  Come one guys, Brady isn't the problem here, he still gives this team a big advantage over other teams, just need to give him some more help and tools to work with.

TFB, good post. No denying your point here, BUT will he be better at what you describe at 37, 38? God knows I wish he could be, but the older he gets the faster the Defenses get. He doesn't have enough mobility/diversity. Not his fault. I LOVE TOM! BB just needs to get the next guy ready for 2015. Tom won't be as good then as he was this year and that wont be good enough no matter who hes throwing it to. Next year is his last, best chance and we all need to get use to that sooner than later. WHO really wants to see him two years from now even if he is as good as this year? The reason for so many great comebacks this year can be attributed to his aweful starts all season long. It was unnerving. I know I sound sacriligious, but its true.  

Hey RallyC, yeah I get it, I know he can't play forever and he is at the tail end of his career but I think he still has 2 good, productive seasons left.  But he needs the right pieces around him if they are to get another SB.  Do you hang on to him for a couple years and try to give him the pieces or do you replace him now?  I don't think Mallet is the guy to take over.  I don't think there is anyone they can get right now and be SB contenders the next 2 seasons.  Get someone in here and groom them to take over either after next season or the season after.  I really think the offense, and scoring problem was more due to the receivers then Brady being older.

[/QUOTE]

Tough way to end the season on Gomers turf, but when it is all said and done, despite all of the BS all season long, they made us all proud as usual. Amazing thing is, we all know they will be back at it again next season right at the top 2-3 teams, maybe even Vegas' pick to win it all with all they have returning from IR and the youth develpment that we saw. Bring on the draft and FA......we got some tunin' to do. My fingers are crossed that Tom will go out as he should, with one more trophy. If its to happen, for me, IT HAS TO BE NEXT SEASON (2014) if ever with him still at the helm. GO PATS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    You can't just say that without knowing who replaces him. Drew Bledsoe would win more than 8 games a year with this team. Hell, Tim Tebow would win more than 8 games a year with this team.

[/QUOTE]

Brees would-Tebow would not

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman should hold out until Brady can deliver a pass to him when he's WIDE OPEN 50 YARDS DOWN FIELD!

[/QUOTE]

You're scouting report on Denver Broncos was all wrong.  Yes he overthrew collie but even if the throw was good it would have been a tough catch. If he catches it they point FG big deal.

would you prefer Welker -Decker- 2Thomas's - a good RB to hand off to. If you watched the game and really followed it u would have noticed manning over threw receivers to. BUT when you have 2  9 minute drives u can still win but very unlikely. The defense allowed  two 2 nd 20 's from the Denver 10 and both times hit Thomas for first downs. Manning played a great game without a doubt. You can have extra DB's Back there to defend against the big play, but won't matter if manning has old day back there. Manning was hurried 3 times all day. Fact not opinion. 

[/QUOTE]

+1      

I was just going to comment about Manning over throwing his receivers to since there's no mention of that.  Also, it didn't help Brady when the defense let the Broncos have the ball for 8 minutes at a time.  They couldn't get a 3 and out to save their lives!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Tough way to end the season on Gomers turf, but when it is all said and done, despite all of the BS all season long, they made us all proud as usual. Amazing thing is, we all know they will be back at it again next season right at the top 2-3 teams, maybe even Vegas' pick to win it all with all they have returning from IR and the youth develpment that we saw. Bring on the draft and FA......we got some tunin' to do. My fingers are crossed that Tom will go out as he should, with one more trophy. If its to happen, for me, IT HAS TO BE NEXT SEASON (2014) if ever with him still at the helm. GO PATS!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very tough way to end the season.  You know, when it is all said and done it was an amazing season for them to get to the AFCC game with so many key guys hurt.  No doubt this team had heart, they just didn't have enough talent at the end.  But what an amazing season when you really think about it.  Already looking forward to next season.  Hopefully the team will get some missing pieces during the off season and make one final run for TFB!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of your more stupid posts, among sooooo many.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He should demand a trade and if it isn't forthcoming he should holdout. His legacy is withering before our eyes because the GM is just some f'n guy. It is ridiculous the crap BB has surrounded Brady with.

Either that, or Kraft should man up and put his foot down.

Somebody needs to stop this madness of mediocrity that is our GM.

You will never see another Lombardi as long as BB is GM.

[/QUOTE]

So Mankins, Seymour etc. are all douchebags for holding out, but you are encouraging Tom to do the exact same thing.  And you wonder why some people here think you are more of a Brady fan than a fan of the team.

[/QUOTE]

If you're not wrong, you're not awake. Go take a nap.

Brady would be holding out for the good of the team. Because the absolute best thing for this team would be to get a better GM than BB.

Beyond that, for his own sake, he should leave the sinking ship that is BB the GM.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

You flatter me. You're such a haughty!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Can't be bothered to read all the drivel, but you think after continually mortgaging the future with Brady's contracts, bb is going to eat the 18 mil of dead money by trading him?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You flatter me. You're such a haughty!

[/QUOTE]

You're not on ignore yet, so you can't be that bad Smile. (Or can you?)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very tough way to end the season.  You know, when it is all said and done it was an amazing season for them to get to the AFCC game with so many key guys hurt.  No doubt this team had heart, they just didn't have enough talent at the end.  But what an amazing season when you really think about it.  Already looking forward to next season.  Hopefully the team will get some missing pieces during the off season and make one final run for TFB!

[/QUOTE]

There will be no final run for TFB. Far far far too many holes to fill.

The injuries everybody clings to for an excuse?

Wilfork is done. Mayo isn't good enough to make the difference. Gronk will be hurt again. Vollmer will be hurt again.

BB will flail away making poor decisions as he always does. And Kraft will fiddle while Rome burns.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady hasn't won a big game in a decade.  He should probably lay low.

[/QUOTE]

Neither has BB.

[/QUOTE]

Sure he has. His gameplan in SB 46 was genius from a defensive standpoint. 13 points allowed was brilliant with such a young D off the lockout. Brilliant.

Brady and Welker just took a big dump on it. That's all.   Brady literally can't play 2 good games back to back in the postseason and has not for a decade. I don't care what team you are on, that ain't cutting it in a QB/offensive era like this.

But, your jealousy is delicious as always, Bustchise.

Your franchise QB is being thrown off planes and you have a TE who likes to be ready to whack off in Target parking lots with Vaseline in reserve.

Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Did you realize that all 32 teams were coming off the lockout?  Moron.  And BTW, it wasn't 13.  You can cry about the safety all you want, because that's what you do, but only a complete loser would try to change history and not include the 90 yard drive with the game on the line when the D choked.  LOSER!

Hey look, you've upgraded from Tim Tebow's sex life to Winslow's.  Take it all in, Queenie.  I'm gonna mention that in every post for the rest of your sad and pathetic time here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

^^I thought "immature" Seattle wouldn't have a chance to win the SB? 

Broncos vs Seahawks in the Super Bowl...aka your worst nightmare.

Sections
Shortcuts