Brady should sit vs. Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Brady should sit vs. Colts

With the Colts coming to Gillette next week this would be a wise move by BB to rest TB's tennis elbow and give Hoyer a start. Why not treat it as a bye week and play the young healthy guys.
    Do we really need to win 77-0 or is 38-7 with the back ups good enuf?

Think ahead to the playoffs, Brady has been hurt every year when the games matter since 2007.

What say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Brady should sit vs. Colts

Maybe, but only for part of the game. A half maybe, not sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I'd actually like to see Mallett get some time too...see all this improvement Bill says he's made

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Sounds like a plan to me. Give him a quarter at most, or when they get into the redzone for practice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Brady needs to play for a spell anyway provided they are up early. I used to give away my 4 seasons tickets to Guys with 2-3 kids and it was their first time going to a Pats game. Would be a shame for them not to see Brady play in person for the first time. It would be forever a story they could tell! And then need to explain?

Have a good Game day all....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I would love to see Mallett get allot of snaps,especially listening to BB assessment of him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

If you overlook this game, you are making a mistake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Brady should sit vs. Colts:
    Posted by 4Adam13

Hahahaha!  Pats still win even if they overlook this game.  Pretty sure I could win this one playing QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by 4Adam13

LOL, Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I can't see BB sitting him the 1st half. Get 30-0 lead and let Hyer get some garbage time in the second half. Maybe activate Mallet and let him have the 4th quarter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Brady should sit vs. Colts:
    With the Colts coming to Gillette next week this would be a wise move by BB to rest TB's tennis elbow and give Hoyer a start. Why not treat it as a bye week and play the young healthy guys. Do we really need to win 77-0 or is 38-7 with the back ups good enuf? Think ahead to the playoffs, Brady has been hurt every year when the games matter since 2007. What say you?
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

BB would put a pox on you for thinking this way.  You seem to forget about the " on any given Sunday" mantra and you should never count a team out.  If anything, this could be a pride game for the Colts.  Is this the game you want for the Colts to get their first win of the season?  Granted, highly unlikely.  I can see BB resting Brady after a half if there is a comfortable lead, but also, even in the 16 - 0 season he did not do that in blow out games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It will be interesting, given how the Patriots like to build up their opponents, to hear what they will say about the Colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I believe the rule is that if you put in your designated third quarterback, you can't bring your starter back in until the fourth quarter.  With a 30-0 lead at halftime, do you want chance not having Brady back if somehow they score three quick touchdowns (fumble, pick-6, broken coverage, etc.). 

So much for Mattlet.  I would like it though, if he took Brady out when the game has already been decided.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Can't imagine BB sitting Brady.  He just doesn't operate that way.  He might take him out in the fourth quarter if the Pats are up by a lot--or he might not play him if he's truly hurt--but if Brady's okay to go, he'll go I'm sure.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I believe the rule is that if you put in your designated third quarterback, you can't bring your starter back in until the fourth quarter.  With a 30-0 lead at halftime, do you want chance not having Brady back if somehow they score three quick touchdowns (fumble, pick-6, broken coverage, etc.).  So much for Mattlet.  I would like it though, if he took Brady out when the game has already been decided.
    Posted by sheldong

That rule changed this year when they moved from a 45 man roster with the 3rd QB rule, to a 46 man roster. Anyway, I wouldn't take any team in the NFL lightly, nor do I give a crap about the backups getting playing time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Brady needs 5 TDs to pass Johnny Unitas on the all time TD list. We need him to do it against the Colts. Although Pats fans have no natural animosity against the Unitas Colts and he shunned Indianapolis, the Colts fans have kind of adopted him as a Pre-Manning figure during the BI (before Indy) period, so at least we can get some morefrowns on the winless faithful

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Can't imagine BB sitting Brady.  He just doesn't operate that way.  He might take him out in the fourth quarter if the Pats are up by a lot--or he might not play him if he's truly hurt--but if Brady's okay to go, he'll go I'm sure.   
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I think we have all seen this! I know I am often yelling at the tv during preseason wondering why Brady is still in the game into the 3rd/4th quarter! I hope they take him out at half.  This game could be a great way to "showcase" Hoyer!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Brady needs 5 TDs to pass Johnny Unitas on the all time TD list. We need him to do it against the Colts. Although Pats fans have no natural animosity against the Unitas Colts and he shunned Indianapolis, the Colts fans have kind of adopted him as a Pre-Manning figure during the BI (before Indy) period, so at least we can get some morefrowns on the winless faithful
    Posted by pauldeba

Really?  I've been a colts fan since they moved here and I cannot remember, the local colts fans spending a great deal of time fawning over Unitis.  Manning has a great deal of respect for him, which is understandable, but I'm not sure you know what you are talking about regarding this "adoption" thing. 

Maybe you meant Baltimore fans, as I assume Unitis is likely their favorite son. 

Care to elaborate?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

why shouldnt brady sit? the colts competitive drive has been sitting all year!

zing! eat that ud6

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Brady should sit vs. Colts:
    With the Colts coming to Gillette next week this would be a wise move by BB to rest TB's tennis elbow and give Hoyer a start. Why not treat it as a bye week and play the young healthy guys. Do we really need to win 77-0 or is 38-7 with the back ups good enuf? Think ahead to the playoffs, Brady has been hurt every year when the games matter since 2007. What say you?
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

I'd want to see the Patriots do it just to show that when our starting quarterback doesn't play we don't fold and quit as a franchise

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No, Brady can't afford to take games off. The offense is terrible in the first half! They can't run the ball, they can't protect Tom and when they do, Tom misses his receivers. 

They need to work it out against the weaker defenses now so that it's ready when they get to the playoffs. If we have to wait for Brady and the offense to get going against playoff caliber teams we're in trouble. 

Brady plays 3 and 1/2 quarters this game, he doesn't get a day off like he's been playing at an elite level lately. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Brady should sit vs. Colts : I'd want to see the Patriots do it just to show that when our starting quarterback doesn't play we don't fold and quit as a franchise
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

That already did that...in 2008... And won 11 games ans still did not make the playoffs . Then a year later the Jests make the playoffs with 9 wins. No justice there....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Why are Indy trolls trolling a Pats site? Because they need some positive feelings?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In Response to Re: Brady should sit vs. Colts : Really?  I've been a colts fan since they moved here and I cannot remember, the local colts fans spending a great deal of time fawning over Unitis.  Manning has a great deal of respect for him, which is understandable, but I'm not sure you know what you are talking about regarding this "adoption" thing.  Maybe you meant Baltimore fans, as I assume Unitis is likely their favorite son.  Care to elaborate?
    Posted by UD6

Take down your Super Bowl V championship banner, then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Brady won't be sitting out any snaps unless it's well into the 4th and we have a huge lead. If anything I'd expect him to be handing off to the backs more. Besides none of the remaining games can be taken lightly. We have the bye and home field to be concerned with.

Sections
Shortcuts