Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half

After Miami hit him four or five times in short order, Brady stopped stepping into his throws even when there wasn't pressure (that's why he was skipping them off the ground)

Is he still afraid of his knee?  It's the only reason why I think he would stop stepping into throws after getting hit...

Regardless, he got pretty gunshy. 

Hopefully Scarnecchia can keep working his magic on the offensive line.  By the way, anyone who tells me that Connolly is competent needs to watch film from last Sunday.  He might be better suited for guard where he might be hidden as just-a-guy but at center his line calls in the pass game and his mediocrity in the run game (runs up the middle where he frequently whiffed on his man) really stunk up the joint

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half

So how do you explain the second half?  Unless you are placing the bar for Brady in which he should NEVER have a slow start, you may not be happy at all the rest of the season.  As long as he gets it done unless you want to concentrate on the negative.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half

In Response to Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half:
    [QUOTE]After Miami hit him four or five times in short order, Brady stopped stepping into his throws even when there wasn't pressure (that's why he was skipping them off the ground) Is he still afraid of his knee?  It's the only reason why I think he would stop stepping into throws after getting hit... Regardless, he got pretty gunshy.  Hopefully Scarnecchia can keep working his magic on the offensive line.  By the way, anyone who tells me that Connolly is competent needs to watch film from last Sunday.  He might be better suited for guard where he might be hidden as just-a-guy but at center his line calls in the pass game and his mediocrity in the run game (runs up the middle where he frequently whiffed on his man) really stunk up the joint
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, Nick, but the way he was getting blasted, can you really blame him?

Just imagine him walking up to center with Solder, Thomas, Connolly, Waters, and Cannon protecting him in the first few series...he was probably more worried about his head than his knee!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half : I hear ya, Nick, but the way he was getting blasted, can you really blame him? Just imagine him walking up to center with Solder, Thomas, Connolly, Waters, and Cannon protecting him in the first few series...he was probably more worried about his head than his knee!!!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

I wasn't looking for such a negative reaction from others, but it was just a gut feeling.  It's certainly a smarter and more astute observation backed by evidence on film of him not following through than the person who just thought Brady was bored

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you're imagining things?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Maybe your "apology" wasn't worth the toilet paper it was shat on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half : I think you're related to Enoch Root. Why would his knee be BETTER after halftime?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

No one said there was a problem with his knee, before or after halftime. The point is that he was more comfortable with his line protection after the halftime adjustments, and therefore more comfortable to step into his throws.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I blame O'Brien and his inability to diagnose what was happening on the field with that makeshift line.  They couldn't block and were getting Brady killed yet O'blivious kept calling time consuming plays.

Hay Billy the Hurry up, quick hitting O has worked all year.  Don't be afraid to use it early and often.  Once that gets going it opens up the running game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I blame O'Brien and his inability to diagnose what was happening on the field with that makeshift line.  They couldn't block and were getting Brady killed yet O'blivious kept calling time consuming plays. Hay Billy the Hurry up, quick hitting O has worked all year.  Don't be afraid to use it early and often.  Once that gets going it opens up the running game. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

The truth.

O'Brien should just let Brady call the plays from here on out, and run the no huddle non-stop. Wear the defense down, and don't let then substitute.

I'm tired of watching the slow crawling chess match O'Brien like to use. Put up alot of points in a hurry, and let the other offense turn the ball over.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I blame Miami's defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think it was Miami just getting to him or close enough to prevent him from following through.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Brady still afraid of his knee? Not stepping into his throws in the first half:
    [QUOTE]After Miami hit him four or five times in short order, Brady stopped stepping into his throws even when there wasn't pressure (that's why he was skipping them off the ground) Is he still afraid of his knee?  It's the only reason why I think he would stop stepping into throws after getting hit... Regardless, he got pretty gunshy.  Hopefully Scarnecchia can keep working his magic on the offensive line.  By the way, anyone who tells me that Connolly is competent needs to watch film from last Sunday.  He might be better suited for guard where he might be hidden as just-a-guy but at center his line calls in the pass game and his mediocrity in the run game (runs up the middle where he frequently whiffed on his man) really stunk up the joint

Perhaps he is getting tired (at his age) of throwing the ball 50x a game?!?!

Perhaps he is getting tired of getting hit over 10x per game while throwing 50 as our open book offense invites blasts by the defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

This has nothing to do with throwing off the back foot....it's a release point issue.

Typically if you don't step into your throws, you have a tendency to throw high and short because of the lack of follow through; more of a high and lofty throw. Brady was throwing down and low and still with zip on the ball, which is a release point issue and not an issue of throwing off his back foot....that leads me to believe it may be that tennis elbow issue that was brought to light a couple weeks ago. Maybe he got some cortizone at halftime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They tried no-huddle on their third drive (still in the first quarter), but to no avail.  I think the real problem was just that the O-line was disorganized and confused after Mankins went down.  I don't think Brady is afraid of his knee, but I think he was rushing his throws because he didn't have confidence his line could stop the Dolphin's rush.  I think there's too much blame being placed on Brady and O'Brien when the real problem was the obvious one: the starting left side of the line was all injured and they were shuffling back-ups in trying to get the right combination.  Once they figured the line out, the offense got much, much better.  No need to read anymore into it.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

[QUOTE]I blame O'Brien and his inability to diagnose what was happening on the field with that makeshift line.  They couldn't block and were getting Brady killed yet O'blivious kept calling time consuming plays. Hay Billy the Hurry up, quick hitting O has worked all year.  Don't be afraid to use it early and often.  Once that gets going it opens up the running game. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

...or vice versa....just don't keep doing the same thing for two periods when it ain't working!!!