Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

Now Yahoo is at it, with this article about Bradys recent struggles in big games. Well there is certainly no shortage of media articles to add to their motivation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-wetzel_tom_brady_choking_playoffs_patriots_012812

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

Gee, wonder why the author left out the Broncos game?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess the Broncos game doesn't count this year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games:
    I guess the Broncos game doesn't count this year!
    Posted by agcsbill

The guy mentions it, but doesn't add the numbers from that game into his argument. Of course, adding the touchdowns from that Broncos game don't support his little article story line. Pretty comical.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Yeah yeah he stinks......NEXT!!!!
    Posted by bobbysu

Yeah he does...........Bring on Hoyer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Yeah he does...........Bring on Hoyer!
    Posted by Rocky

What about Edelman?  He plays every thing else and was a QB.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

This  is a rehash of the same 'pats playoff drought' article but updated to now.

Surprised they did not mention the 2006 game vs. the Broncos.

Brady played amazing vs the Broncos and had very little room for error vs. the Ravens considering Webb, Reed, Pollard had their best games of the year and yes he might have been a bit pumped up on adrenaline when he saw Gronk wide open.

Look at every playoff game this year so far. Every game except the game NE put in against Denver was sloppy with many turnovers and 3 and outs on offense. That's playoff ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Truth be told, I was thinking about this just today. It is a legitimate criticism, IMO.

Ever since he lost that Broncos divisional in January, 2006, he has not been the same invincible Brady he was when winning in the post-season from 2001 to 2004 seasons.  He is hot and cold. Hot with Denver...cold with Ravens, etc., etc. 

Somebody said he was seen in a Boston club at 12:30 a.m. last Sunday.  And then he laid an egg later that day.  Hog Hannah would practice his blocking assignments in a hotel the night before a road game.  He had no interest in the night life.  He had his eyes on the prize at all times.  Meanwhile, half of his teammates were doing lines and getting wasted the whole week before SB20.  How did that work out?

Clubbing hours before a game reminds me of Brady just before SB42, the walking boot and flowers. That ankle should have been raised up, and constantly treated with hot and cold compresses for the biggest Super Bowl game of all time, not hoofing around Manhattan, in clubs at night, and swelling, swelling, swelling.   Foolish and shocking move by him that may have been the difference in that game.  He certainly was not a stud in that SB.

Not getting on his back or anything, but I can't imagine the younger Brady doing that stuff before a play-off game.  Not fair to the rest of the team. 

I hope he makes good on his pledge to Kraft of last Sunday.   If he gets proper rest, treats his aches, and studies, like he can and usually does, he should bury the Giants, even without Gronk.   If he does that, he is on par with his hero, Joe.  Lot on the line in this one.  We shall see.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think Brady will come out possessed for the SB.  I think the whole team will.  I think he'll have a good game.  We'll see the Brady we know and love.

That said, the Broncos game this year is the only playoff game since SB 42 where Brady has looked sharp.  That's a fact.  It's also a fact that in all of the games where he didn't look sharp, he was facing some very good defenses, defensive game plans, or both.  Good defenses make QB's play bad.

I guess they'll be writing about Brees next.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Doubters will eat crow. You know who it is you're disparaging.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Gosh, so much bulletin board material. At this rate, I'm afraid the Patriots will be TOO motivated for the Super Bowl, if that's even possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Who scored that come from behind 4th quarter game winning TD against the Ravens?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Who scored that come from behind 4th quarter game winning TD against the Ravens?
    Posted by shenanigan

The guy who apparently chokes in big games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : The guy who apparently chokes in big games.
    Posted by kevin13130

Yes, only a true choker would do a completely exposed dive into the heart of the Ravens defense to convert a 4th and goal in the biggest game of the year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Somebody said he was seen in a Boston club at 12:30 a.m. last Sunday.  And then he laid an egg later that day.  .... Clubbing hours before a game reminds me of Brady just before SB42, the walking boot and flowers. That ankle should have been raised up, and constantly treated with hot and cold compresses for the biggest Super Bowl game of all time, not hoofing around Manhattan, in clubs at night, and swelling, swelling, swelling.  
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Somebody said??

I remember the paparazzi took pictures of him going between point a and point b...before SB42 , does that mean he was clubbing and did not take care of his ankle?

You really think TB parties the night before games? Really?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"
    Yes, only a true choker would do a completely exposed dive into the heart of the Ravens defense to convert a 4th and goal in the biggest game of the year."

This is one of the underestimated parts of the game. I was watching the game in the airport with Ravens fans and when Tom put his body on the line for his team like that you could hear their collective sag like a punch in the stomach. Tom fired up his team on that play and if he was going to risk serious injury like that they were going to do "whatever it takes" also. This is a much more mentally tough Pats team than we have seen in years. 

"He is hot and cold"

Umm the other team has a little something to do with it as well. Please spare us the "Brady was out partying" crud. Brady's work ethic is not the issue. 

how about if we wait until after this year's Super Bowl and then we can decide where he stands? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

" Yes, only a true choker would do a completely exposed dive into the heart of the Ravens defense to convert a 4th and goal in the biggest game of the year." This is one of the underestimated parts of the game. I was watching the game in the airport with Ravens fans and when Tom put his body on the line for his team like that you could hear their collective sag like a punch in the stomach. Tom fired up his team on that play and if he was going to risk serious injury like that they were going to do "whatever it takes" also. This is a much more mentally tough Pats team than we have seen in years.  " He is hot and cold" Umm the other team has a little something to do with it as well. Please spare us the "Brady was out partying" crud. Brady's work ethic is not the issue.  how about if we wait until after this year's Super Bowl and then we can decide where he stands? 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Did you get to see the game in its entirety in the airport? Ravens fans there..would had loved to see their reaction to the missed FG and Evans TD ball forced drop.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The dumb thing about these articles is they act like the way the offense plays is the result only of the QB.  No matter how good the QB is, he won't look great if his receivers aren't getting open or if he has an anemic running game or if he doesn't have real deep threats.  This offense has holes in it . . . the fact that it still does so well with those holes has a lot to do with Brady (and of course Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker).  Not that Brady doesn't make mistakes or get flustered at times (he does) . . . but I firmly believe that if you replaced Woodhead with a guy like Darren Sproles and Ocho with someone like Marques Colston or Greg Jennings, Brady would be unstoppable in the regular season or playoffs. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Let's face it they just don't like Brady! Not sure why. But for any player at his level to say on national TV that he sucked pretty bad and gave credit for the win to his D is a man that is comfortable in himself. I don't see him playing that way again. Brady will rebound and bring the Champsionship home. He is a hard working, mentally tough QB who now has that chip back on his shoulder. All the talk about him not being as good as Eli will motivate him even more. Look at what happened during the game with Denver, all the talk was about Tebow and Brady exploded on the field. He let his play do the talking. I'm looking for that once again.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I kind of agree with some of the criticism.  As Chris/Woody mentioned...it's worth some mention and discussion.  I will say though that ignoring the Denver game is a mistake.  Brady had a lot on the line on that game.  He hadn't won anything since his last playoff victory...which was a little less than inspiring too (Chargers 2007).  But he played a pretty lights out game.

Sections
Shortcuts