Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games:
    [QUOTE]I kind of agree with some of the criticism.  As Chris/Woody mentioned...it's worth some mention and discussion.  I will say though that ignoring the Denver game is a mistake.  Brady had a lot on the line on that game.  He hadn't won anything since his last playoff victory...which was a little less than inspiring too (Chargers 2007).  But he played a pretty lights out game.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

So which criticism do you agree with?  That Brady's pressing too much?  Or he "goes cold"? 

These are silly analyses in my mind.  The reason Brady has struggled in the playoffs are two:

1. The Pats' defense isn't as good, so there's more pressure on the offense to score.  This forces Brady to try to do more and take a few more risks.  He can't settle for a punt and leave the game in the hands of the defense. 

2. The offense, while good, is not very diverse.  Against a good defense (and most of the playoff teams the Pats have struggled with have good defenses) the offense can struggle, mostly because once defenses figure out how to shut down the short passing game (or get great pressure), the offense runs out of options to counter them.  A better running/screen game would help as would some better deep threats or some bigger receivers to challenge the sides of the field and catch in traffic over the middle.  Fortunately, the emergence of Gronk and Hernandez are creating a more challenging set of offensive weapons for good defenses to handle.  And that's one reason why the Pats are more dangerous this year than we were in the past few years. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Somebody said?? I remember the paparazzi took pictures of him going between point a and point b...before SB42 , does that mean he was clubbing and did not take care of his ankle? You really think TB parties the night before games? Really?
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Heresay should be taken with a grain of salt!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

To which I will add, the healing of BJGE turf toe has really balanced out the offense. The delay/draws to BJGE were arguably the best weapon the offense had against the Ravens. Will NYG look to take that away, if so how, and then what does that open up? With the Pats o-line that's an 8 yard play about 70% of the time, unless one or more of the 7 non-rushers stay in the box. Ravens dropped 7 and the play was there time after time. If Gints keep a linebacker or bring up safety to defend the draw then it opens up more seams (which were really well closed down by Ravens D) and play action could work some.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not buying it. 2007- With 2 minutes to go he throws the game winner then the defense lets Eli drive the field. 2009- he stunk 2010- 2 TDs 1 INT 64.4 % completion and 300 yards, most of the time that's a winning stat. Down by 3 going into the 4th and the defense gives up a 58 YARD PASS on the second play of the fourth quarter (longest pass in the 2010 playoffs), and let the Jets drive 75 yards in 5 plays. Brady pulls them to within a TD and the defense gives up a 16 YARD run to Tomlinson. In the end Sanchez throws for 2 4quarter TDs and a 137 rating. When you let a QB do that, you will lose. 2011- just a 105 rating against the Ravens and Broncos. Yes, that's a higher rating than Eli has this post season even though we here how great he's playing. Oh, yeah there was also that 4th quarter game winning TD against the best defense in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Brady can dispell all rumors by Playing well in the SuperBowl. That should answer any questions that the haters have. He got in trouble last week throwing passes that he usually doesn't throw. I don't know where all of those floating Touch passes came from all of the sudden and the 2 interceptions were those "up for grabs" type of passes. Brady needs to stay with what he does best and that's hard, crisp passing. Screw the deep ball, we don't need it and we're not good at it. Get the ball to the TE's, Welker and Branch. They lead the league in YAC so let them do their thing and we'll win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

TB needs to elevate his game and consciousness
    and be one with the moment.

4 long yrs to get here again..This is the legacy of TB BB and this version of the Pats all coming down to one evening in IN.

with the spirit of MLK as their guide.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE] "Somebody said he was seen in a Boston club at 12:30 a.m. last Sunday.  And then he laid an egg later that day.  Hog Hannah would practice his blocking assignments in a hotel the night before a road game.  He had no interest in the night life.  He had his eyes on the prize at all times.  Meanwhile, half of his teammates were doing lines and getting wasted the whole week before SB20.  How did that work out"? 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I'm not a bandwagon fan of anyone, but your writings about Tom Brady supposedly being seen out late night are ludicrous. Who is somebody !! Probably a very reliable scource I suppose. And of course I'm sure you've reliable scources to quote about the fact that half the team was doing lines and getting wasted. If you were a reporter your article with such "reliable scources" would be filed in the trash bin. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Somebody said?? I remember the paparazzi took pictures of him going between point a and point b...before SB42 , does that mean he was clubbing and did not take care of his ankle? You really think TB parties the night before games? Really?
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

Affrimative, Brady was clubbing the w/e before the SB.  That is a fact.

A poster here wrote last week that he had read or heard that Brady was seen in a Boston club last Sunday a.m.  Not smart.  Not just not smart.

But make no mistake, I think Brady is one of the best all-time.  He has not been the best all-time in the past 10 post-season games, and reading about him being out at night is disturbing when coupled wiht that reality.

As for him scoring that last, go-ahead TD last week, let's not whitewash one of his worst post-season games ever.  The Pats won in spite of Brady, not because, and he said so himself.  Take off the blinkers, homers.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not buying it. 2007- With 2 minutes to go he throws the game winner then the defense lets Eli drive the field. 2009- he stunk 2010- 2 TDs 1 INT 64.4 % completion and 300 yards, most of the time that's a winning stat. Down by 3 going into the 4th and the defense gives up a 58 YARD PASS on the second play of the fourth quarter (longest pass in the 2010 playoffs), and let the Jets drive 75 yards in 5 plays. Brady pulls them to within a TD and the defense gives up a 16 YARD run to Tomlinson. In the end Sanchez throws for 2 4quarter TDs and a 137 rating. When you let a QB do that, you will lose. 2011- just a 105 rating against the Ravens and Broncos. Yes, that's a higher rating than Eli has this post season even though we here how great he's playing. Oh, yeah there was also that 4th quarter game winning TD against the best defense in the NFL.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

He had a 137.6 passer rating against the Broncos.  He had a 57.5 against the Ravens.  "Hot and cold."  He was a stud in one.  He absolutely stunk in the other, and blaming the, "offense with holes in it (LMAO)," that he, "was pressing," or any other nonsense is balderdash.  He ignored two wide-open receivers that could have scored (Gronk was one), instead throwing an INT bomb into triple coverage to a fifth-rate reciever (albeit S/T stud) on first down for nothing but glory and impatience, as just one example.  He made similarly bad decisions and passes throughout the game, ignoring wide-open receivers and throwing wildly, foolishly and poorly.  He was stone cold, period. 

He needs to focus on the game, and not be out at night on the city.   If he blows this in such a manner he will be haunted by it for the rest of his life. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i heard on Cowherd that TB's throwing coach said he
    has to get togetther with TB

I heard Phil Simms say taht he has seen TB get out of his
    mechanics a few times this season -- true

This game is going to turn on TO's and field position
    Both of which we lost in the game last fall

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Are you Tom Brady's mother?  I mean, you're still sticking with this awkward premise?  Listen to yourself. I mean, this is disturbing to see you and others do this.  Brady's defense was fantastic in SB 42 and they only scored 7 points over 57 minutes. Last January, the D, starting 4 rookies and thin up front due to injuries held on for 14 points allowed through 3 qtrs. This isn't offensive for a defense, especially when the Brady led offense is going 3 and out or turning it over, repeatedly. Obviously, we've had these discussions before because these examples happened ALL YEAR LONG, but where you are 100% wrong is where you continue to lie about what the reality is.  The Pats offense is not diverse?  Who do you think is going to buy this one? I defy you to start a polll here with both of your premises and we'll see who smart you think you are or we'll just realize you want to drill Tom Brady in the rectum. This is outrageous to see someone this brainwashed simply because he wants to have sex with Tom Brady. My god, dude. Each of your premises were exposed 100% last Sunday, yet you still use the arrogance and the Tony Dungy "he feels too much pressure" line to make excuses for his play. Everyone is accountable, including #12.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah, you're brilliant . . . which is why BB is doing exactly what you've called for right?  Reining Brady in, not subbing for BJGE, letting Benny run 30 times a game . . . Yep, you've figured it all out even better than Belichick has.  You must have like 10 Super Bowl rings by now . . .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : I'm not a bandwagon fan of anyone, but your writings about Tom Brady supposedly being seen out late night are ludicrous. Who is somebody !! Probably a very reliable scource I suppose. And of course I'm sure you've reliable scources to quote about the fact that half the team was doing lines and getting wasted. If you were a reporter your article with such "reliable scources" would be filed in the trash bin. 
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

This recent report, I am taking at faith.  The one from SB42 was reported in the New York papers.  It was no secret.  The guy was hoofing around clubs in his walking boot.  Absolutely stupid.  I've had my share of severe sprains and know how to treat them.  Clubbing and walking are anti-treatments.  Good luck finding the article now because the 'net is flooded with new stories this week that bury it, but I read the story myself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not buying it. 2007- With 2 minutes to go he throws the game winner then the defense lets Eli drive the field. 2009- he stunk 2010- 2 TDs 1 INT 64.4 % completion and 300 yards, most of the time that's a winning stat. Down by 3 going into the 4th and the defense gives up a 58 YARD PASS on the second play of the fourth quarter (longest pass in the 2010 playoffs), and let the Jets drive 75 yards in 5 plays. Brady pulls them to within a TD and the defense gives up a 16 YARD run to Tomlinson. In the end Sanchez throws for 2 4quarter TDs and a 137 rating. When you let a QB do that, you will lose. 2011- just a 105 rating against the Ravens and Broncos. Yes, that's a higher rating than Eli has this post season even though we here how great he's playing. Oh, yeah there was also that 4th quarter game winning TD against the best defense in the NFL.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

That awful SB loss to the Giants seemed to shake Tom's confidence. Such a devastating loss would have had a detrimental effect on anyone.

I give Tom a pass for 2009. Though he played poorly, so did the whole team...particularly the defense. It also didn't help him that his top receiver, Wes Welker, blew out his knee just the week before the Ravens' game. That 83 yard TD run on the games' opening play by Ray Rice seemed to take the heart out of the entire team. 

The awful 2010 loss to the Jets...that one's on Tom. There are those who will point to his 89 passing rating for that game. But, Tom threw that awful interception on the Pats' initial drive, missed several open receivers, and seemed to have happy feet throughout the game.

This year, after a superlative game against an inferior Denver squad, he played poorly against the Ravens. But for the play of Vince Wilfolk and the "D", the Pats would have been beaten.

This coming Sunday is a chance for Brady to redeem himself, and regain his mojo. But, regardless of what happens in Indy, Tom and BB are both first ballot Hall of Famers. Both will go down as among the greatest QBs and coaches of all-time.

That said, this game represents a rare second chance for Brady and BB to cement their legacies. In SB 42, the 2007 Pats lost their chance to go down as the greatest team in NFL history. But, if Tom leads the Pats to a another SB title in Indy, he must go down as the games' greatest QB...and BB must go down as the games' greatest coach. For them, it's that big. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

We also know taht alot of the ESPN crowd, amd other
    national media like to show taht they know what they are
    talking about - so they jump on what they perceive to be
    a chand to get at BB and TB

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Yeah he does...........Bring on Hoyer! Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE] Go get Manning.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I guess I stand corrected.  The whole reason the Pats s&ck (apparently) is because Brady s&cks. He's out partying all night and not focusing on the games.

C'mon man . . . Brady does make mistakes of course like any player, but if you think he's the problem with the team (if there even is a problem!!!) . . . you're either nuts or spoiled rotten with this team's success. 

Has it ever occurred to you that the other teams in the playoffs may be good too?  Winning isn't easy.  

We need a Mighty post right about now . . . 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

OK, Brady-b*ggering-wanna'-be's, here is a link to one such story about Brady clubbing in NYC on his sprained ankle before SB42, and without his walking boot, which was even more foolish: 

http://voices.yahoo.com/tom-bradys-cast-not-serious-matter-835191.html

Thanks for cutting me down as a fool with no facts.  It makes doing the same to you so much more satisfying after I present my facts. Man...

25. This post has been removed.