Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

Won;t speek for the primaries in this debate...but if anyone cares, I am saying the post 2006 Pats offense puts more pressure on the QB than the pre-2006 offense. It has nothing to do with big games though, it has to do with playing against good defenses. (see Denver, a big game, not such a good D)

One could argue with the small timing and space windows Brady has to work with in these games he is doing stuff no other QB can do. He easily goes beyond his capabilities in this offense and makes mistakes but also make al ot of diffucult stuff look routine.

I know they have been working on it but even with the beefed up O-line, the TE's, as Rusty says the 'base offense' will break down against athletic, good d-lines and LB corps unless Brady plays super human. He is not a choker..but sometimes he just pushes himself, or the system pushes him too far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Also, let's look at the offensive drives from the last game.  Yes, there were two drives that ended badly with turnovers.  But overall, they moved the ball okay on offense especially given the quality of the defense they were up against.  The green drives (which are most of the drives) were all productive.  The red drives were the problems--but in the end those had little effect on the game. It was the defense giving up yards and scores in the second and third quarters that really made this game close. The two long touchdown drives given up by the defense at 10:35 in the second quarter and 9:06 in the third were the real problems in this game.  

13:33100:44NWE 4037Punt
    11:09105:20NWE 391350Field Goal
    04:22100:41NWE 40313Intercepted Pass
    14:21203:46NWE 251075Touchdown
    06:03203:03NWE 201063Field Goal
    00:58200:58NWE 112-2End of Half
    15:00305:54NWE 201474Field Goal
    00:50304:21NWE 371163Touchdown
    07:22400:00NWE 50139Pass Interception
    02:46401:02NWE 3336Punt
    00:11400:11NWE 221-1End of Game

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games:
    [QUOTE] BB has rebuild a foundation on D, had some great looking drafts, and just bamboozled the entire anti-BB/Pats world totally under the radar.  Utter genius. What he hasn't done is solve "the problem". That problem is a finesse offensive base that struggles against a good pass rush and man coverage. End of story. He has a chance to right these wrongs by simply implementing a gameplan that features a targeted 20 carries for BJGE as a lead back, Brady under more than in the shotgun and to help Brady limit turnovers and INTs. Alrighty then. 
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Well, if BB is reading your posts, maybe he'll "right his wrongs" . . . . so I guess it's not just me who's wrong and has something to "admit,"--I guess it's Bill Belichick himself!  I guess I'm in good company!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It ain't me who thinks he's smarter than Bill Belichick. 

I'm trying to understand why he does what he does.  You're trying to tell the world he's wrong.  If you're right, I'm wondering why you're posting all day on BDC rather than making millions coaching a football team to Super Bowl wins. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennisrbaker. Show dennisrbaker's posts

[QUOTE]Somebody said he was seen in a Boston club at 12:30 a.m. last Sunday.  And then he laid an egg later that day. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

doesn't the team stay at a local hotel the night before home games? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Bill Belichick can't tell Bill O'brien what to do on every single play on every series, professor. Wake up. You're down to a grenade now, Prolate.  Just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. This is about O'Brien and Brady. O'Brien calls the plays, Brady chooses which one he wants. Drop the arrogance, admit defeat and move on.

Talk about deflection . . . once again, you're accusing Bill Belichick of letting the inmates run the asylum.  That's about as likely as the sun rising in the west . . .

If there was a problem with O'Brien's game calling in Bill Belichick's mind, Bill O'Brien would be in the same place Moss and Haynesworth went.  Bill Belichick doesn't risk losing games by keeping underperformers around. 

Sorry, that's just absurd. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If only Bill Belichick understood offense as well as you do . . . he'd fire O'Brien and bring in someone to put an end to the Josh MacDaniels base . . . like maybe Josh MacDaniels . . .

BAAWWHAAWWHAAAHAAAAAHAAAA

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

snore

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

TROLL

In Response to Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games:
    [QUOTE]Now Yahoo is at it, with this article about Bradys recent struggles in big games. Well there is certainly no shortage of media articles to add to their motivation. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-wetzel_tom_brady_choking_playoffs_patriots_012812
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

Troll

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Completely agree, but I only reference the QBR when it matched what I see. I saw bad QB play and then I look agt the rating and that looks about right. So, not a great argument, man.  I don't need a metrics system to tell me what happened. I saw what happened. Yes, QBR is a fine reference point and data set to support a premise, but only if it matches the reality of what happened in the game.

OK Russ,
    I know you have a very keen eye but did you not see that all the negative contributing factors that could have come into play, did.
    I mean, just the fact that they chose to run for TDs and had NO passing TDs, dropped the highest possible PR he could have achieved from 154 to 115
     (he got zero points in that category)  In other words, 115 was the highest possible rating he could have achieved if all else was perfect.
    Their game plan was to run the ball in the RZ in order to score and that is not on him..
    Not saying he played perfectly or even great but he did enough to win and that's all that matters.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

The team, including Brady have struggled against good defensive teams. It's no surprise that Brady should struggle with his rating when he gets pressured, hurries his pass, or gets sacked. If Brady strugges, the pass dominated offense struggles.  Well, guess what? We are facing a Giants team that still had a decent pass rush. Maybe their secondary gives up yards, but they make up for it by their solid pass rush.  Wasn't that what we were hoping for our own team this year with the addition of Haynesworth? A way to mask out problems in the secondary?

Bottom line is this, Do the Patriots have a game plan that anticipates the scenario of Brady struggling with the passing game?

2011 Conference game WIN vs. Baltimore = 57.5

2011 Divisional game WIN vs. Bronco = 137.6

2010 Divisional game LOSS Vs. Jets  = 89

2009 Wildcard game  LOSS vs. Ravens = 49.1

Skipped 2008 and could not find for 2007 games.

2011 Reg season = 105.6

2011 post season = 105.8

Career = 96.4

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE] What's sad is, we literally don't know if this will be fixed, until we watch the Super Bowl. 

This is the truth. NYG are the perfect lithmus test whether BO, BB and Brady have realy 'solved' the primary flaw in the offense.

Let me take that back..they actually have solved it, they have a max protect look that can turn into a 5 receiver set after the snap. they have a delayed run off the shotgun that works well. They have great play action from under center that can actually be a real run sometimes! They have an o-line that can protect better than 2007.

The question is..are they willing to pound the NYG defense with the run, use screens, run under center until they force NY out of their pressure game plan?  Then when the Giants sneak back into their pressure defense go BACK to the many tricks they have to defeat this? They often show these other looks only early in the game to 'set up the pass' then abandon them.