Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games

In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : You're speculating that Brady's night out a week in advance of the Super Bowl made his ankle worse.  You, of course, don't know that.  But hey, why not whine about it and blame Brady for not taking his responsibilities seriously enough.  Yeah, Brady's ankle probably didn't help him, but you have no idea at all whether that ankle injury was aggravated .  . unless you are his doctor.  You're just speculating and acting like your speculation is fact.  The reality is the Giants pass rush was ferocious and Brady even if he were fully healthy may have struggled with it.  I think there are a lot of football reasons why the Pats have struggled in the playoffs (mostly related to weaknesses in our own team and strengths in our opponents teams). Claiming that Brady didn't take the big game seriously seems to me like a huge stretch.  But apparently among the most spoiled fans in the world that's all the rage -- blame Brady . . . he's a choker in big games who wears Uggs . . .   I suggest rooting for the Jets . . .   
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?  When have you ever had a sprain that has healed in a week?  

I have had about a dozen sprains - some severe, some not.  All of them took at least three weeks to heal, and some took months.  

A sprain can be worse and take longer to heal than a break.  

I am guessing you never had a sprain in your life?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Brady tossinng an INT after being granted prime field position after a hard earned Spikes INT is a good thing? Even in Pitt, NE's D held Pitt to 6 points on the road in the second half.  6 points to Pitt and our offense fiddled around still not answering the bell.  Who do you think you are whining about Guyton settinng up NE's 1st TD with a makeshift secondary and only allowing Pitt to generate two FGs in the second half? The game last Sunday was a microcosm of the season. Offense = OVERRATED and underdperforming and the D unfairly maligned after doing a lot of good things. The fact you're still arguing about these facts is totally obnoxious.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Rusty, he will never buy it...the obvious, that is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I sprained my knee last fall.  A drunk hit me on my bike in '90, and my knees were a mess.  Those took about two months for those sprains to heal.  So this fall, a cartilage "mouse" left by the drunk dropped into the wrong place in my knee and - "POP!" - I got an medium sprain that took about four weeks to heal.  In the meantime, I had to stop playing in NFL games and dancing with strippers in nightclubs.  Real bummer.  

I just don't see how he will have the needed strength on his ankle to run, cut and block, with just two weeks (and HGH, surely) to recover.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Are you serious?  When have you ever had a sprain that has healed in a week?   I have had about a dozen sprains - some severe, some not.  All of them took at least three weeks to heal, and some took months.   A sprain can be worse and take longer to heal than a break.   I am guessing you never had a sprain in your life? Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE] It's rather obvious what his point is, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Doesn't matter how long sprains take to heal, he didn't sprain his ankle at a club he sprained it In a football game. The truth of the matter is this: There was a sprain or some injury not ever revealed He was seen in a walking boot (to prevent further injury) nearly 2 weeks before the game visiting his future wife. There is not now, nor has there ever been any evidence that he was out clubbing on the foot during the week. The ankle may or may not have effected him in the SB. Even if it did there is no evidence to show he could have done anything to heal it faster so the point is moot. The spin is this Brady went out clubbing on a sprained ankle (no proof) The ankle didn't heal properly (no proof) It affected him and it's the reason the Pats lost the SB (no proof) Unless you just feel Brady was being irresponsible by getting out of bed in the morning I'm not sure what you could expect other than for him to spend a couple days with his wife wearing a walking boot. Seems about as conservative as anyone could be. He also practiced so it would seem that would be far more strenuous than visiting your girlfriend in a walking boot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The actual reality is ever since our offense became reliant on one person(Brady) we have not played well enough in the biggest games of the season.

If our offense was more balanced we would in turn be more difficult to defend against.

I feel most people would agree on this point.

It is not Brady's work ethic, (which is known to be tops in the league) it is not Brady's wife, his hair, his bank account, or any other garbage spewed out in the media.

Our offense is one dimensional and playoff/SB defense's can contain it.

Bring back a balance and you will see a championship performance from the Great one. Play action passing, screens, dump offs and then the occasional down field strike because the defense left a guy open. This was the way of the dynasty.

The only thing different about Brady's performance from 01-04 till now is about 3 different coaches and using the pass as a crutch when things get difficult....or being one dimensional.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]All QB's have games where they just dont have the rhythm, whether its adrenaline, or if the other team's defense is just confusing him. This is where the Coaches are important, try to slow the game down for the QB, and call plays to get him back in the rhythm. Even simple swing pass to RB, to start building confidence, the Coaches have to see it and call plays to get the QB in the game rhythm again. Running the ball always helps in this instance.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

I agree, unfortunately I don't think we have had that coach since Weiss departed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

What is the writer talking about??  Did Brady throw a touchdown pass to Moss at the 2:39 minutes mark against the Giants before losing to them at the end?  Brady only had 30 seconds left on the clock to try to set up a tying FG at the end.  Did Brady score a touchdown at the 5 something minutes mark against the Ravens?  His stats may not looked pretty, but he played against two tough defense.  If that was Big Ben or any AFC QB playing against these two tough teams, I bet these QB's would have worser stats than Brady!!

Come on, Brady is 34 years old and still doing better than any AFC QB right now including Peyton.  If he win this superbowl game, what this writer will say "Oh he finally won a big game of his life"!  screw him!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So wasn't someone posting pictures of Gronk out clubbing this Sunday night after the Ravens game.  Is he a spoiled irresponsible brat too?  Just want to get this clear.  I want to make sure, should the "OVERRATED and underpeforming" (Rusty's words) offense fall flat this weekend, whether we should blame that slouch Brady or that slouch Gronk?  Chris, Rusty . . . put yourself on record?  Is Gronk behaving badly too . . . or is it only bad to go clubbing with a sprain when Brady does it?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't see me say a word about Brady "clubbing" in 2007. That has no bearing on this discussion and the "problem" in the offensive ideology.  I don't buy into a professional player out to dinner or out relaxing to clear their head before performing on the field.

So, just to be clear, you don't agree with Chris after all about Brady's behaviour prior to the 2007 Super Bowl.  It was fine if he was out clubbing in your mind? 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : I agree, unfortunately I don't think we have had that coach since Weiss departed.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

i agree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games : Agree. Weis would have laid into Brady in the 3rd qtr of that Buffalo game. Instead, we waited all year to see O'Brien rein Brady in after the 1st jets game, and it just so happened to be a sideline blow up against the Skins.

See if Weiss was there I don't think he would have ahd to lay into Brady. We wouldn't have been throwing the ball with a 21 point lead in the 2nd half.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Brady suddenly struggling in Pats’ biggest games": It's rather obvious what his point is, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Doesn't matter how long sprains take to heal, he didn't sprain his ankle at a club he sprained it In a football game. The truth of the matter is this: There was a sprain or some injury not ever revealed He was seen in a walking boot (to prevent further injury) nearly 2 weeks before the game visiting his future wife. There is not now, nor has there ever been any evidence that he was out clubbing on the foot during the week. The ankle may or may not have effected him in the SB. Even if it did there is no evidence to show he could have done anything to heal it faster so the point is moot. The spin is this Brady went out clubbing on a sprained ankle (no proof) (WRONG)The ankle didn't heal properly (no proof) It affected him and it's the reason the Pats lost the SB (no proof) Unless you just feel Brady was being irresponsible by getting out of bed in the morning I'm not sure what you could expect other than for him to spend a couple days with his wife wearing a walking boot. Seems about as conservative as anyone could be. He also practiced so it would seem that would be far more strenuous than visiting your girlfriend in a walking boot.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

From a link with this AP story still up (sorry, no paragraph breaks):

Teammates: Brady will play in Super Bowl

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - Tom Brady was nowhere to be found by reporters and cameraman waiting eagerly for the star quarterback, with or without his famous boot. His teammates are certain where to find him on Feb. 3 - on a Super Bowl field for the fourth time in his career and leading his heavily favored New England Patriots against the New York Giants. "I know he'll be ready to play. He always is," running back Heath Evans said Thursday. "He looks fine to me." On Monday, Brady was photographed in Manhattan with a walking boot on his right foot, a protective device he had removed before going to a club that night with his girlfriend Gisele Bundchen. The much-publicized boot didn't turn up in any pictures or video taken of him Tuesday by celebrity chasers. Yet it gained celebrity status itself. "Well, considering the fact that he always has cameras in his face, I guess it was only a matter of time," Evans said of the superstar who squires a supermodel around New York City. The fact he walked with the boot with only a slight limp that wasn't evident later was a sign that his injury wasn't serious. It turned out to be a minor high ankle sprain, according to published reports. The NFL MVP apparently sustained it in Sunday's 21-12 win over the San Diego Chargers in the AFC championship game. He had two weeks for it to heal before the Super Bowl. "I don't foresee him not being in this game," defensive end Richard Seymour said. Brady has been in the Patriots' past 126 games, the third-longest current starting streak among active quarterbacks behind Brett Favre and Peyton Manning. Teammates praise his dedication in the weight room that helps him remain durable. "He puts in the work to be one of the elite players because when Tom first got here, he was a slim, skinny kid," Seymour said, "and now you kind of look at him and he has legs, chest. "He's in there doing Olympic lifts and working out in the offseason just like he was an offensive or defensive lineman. He's a part of us and that's the way he carries himself." The Patriots returned to practice Thursday after three days off. Photographers and reporters waited for Brady to walk, limp or even crawl in. They didn't see any of that. Brady never showed up in the locker room for the 45 minutes in which the media were allowed inside. Then he was a no-show for the 15-minute media access period at practice. Seldom-used backups Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez never had so many cameras focused on them as photographers waited in vain for the leader of the quarterbacks to start stretching beside them. That was quite a change from early in the week when Brady walked through a bunch of scampering videographers and photographers near Bundchen's home, an obstacle that could be as intimidating as the Giants' fierce pass rush. But he handled it with poise, neither smiling nor frowning much, if at all, and not responding to comments from the paparazzi. "I think Tom's one of the toughest players on our team, mentally and physically," coach Bill Belichick said at his news conference Thursday. "He works hard and he can be focused on his job regardless of what's going on in all of the surroundings - the crowd, the game, the whatever it is, stuff flying around him - but he's very calm. He's a great competitor, but he's very calm." Belichick said he had no comment on Brady's injury. Then he showed a spark of wit that has turned up more frequently in recent weeks. "The injury report will be out next Wednesday and we're excited to give that to you. That form will be filled out completely and I can't wait to give that to everybody," Belichick said with a grin. "I know you're anxious for it, so when it's due on Wednesday, we'll have it for you. Don't worry about that." Several players brushed off questions about Brady. Running back Kevin Faulk, said he "changed the channel" when the boot came on his TV screen. Wide receiver Randy Moss must have been happy that Brady, accidentally or intentionally, took the spotlight off the potential distraction of the previous week, a temporary restraining order against Moss obtained by a longtime girlfriend. Moss didn't talk to reporters Thursday. Seymour said he paid more attention to the bouquet of white flowers Brady was toting in his hand than the white boot on his foot. "Every channel I turned to, there it was, magnifying in on the boot," he said, smiling. "To me, the good part was the flowers." To most other people, the focus was on a simple piece of overexposed footwear similar to that worn by thousands of other athletes with minor injuries, an object that generated so many pictures and headlines and so much worry by Patriots fans. Now that the paparazzi have moved on to other targets, would Belichick portray the boot flap as a non-issue? "Portray it however you want," the coach said. And wait for the injury report. (Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

So, he removes the boot eight days after getting a high-ankle sprain, reportedly "mild," but not mild enough to show him walking in front of reporters.  

Answer me this:  Have you, or anybody you know ever healed a high-ankle sprain in eight days?  And do you know anybody who has gone clubbing eight days after getting a high-ankle sprain?  Before the biggest football game of all-time?  I didn't think so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]The actual reality is ever since our offense became reliant on one person(Brady) we have not played well enough in the biggest games of the season. If our offense was more balanced we would in turn be more difficult to defend against. I feel most people would agree on this point. It is not Brady's work ethic, (which is known to be tops in the league) it is not Brady's wife, his hair, his bank account, or any other garbage spewed out in the media. Our offense is one dimensional and playoff/SB defense's can contain it. Bring back a balance and you will see a championship performance from the Great one. Play action passing, screens, dump offs and then the occasional down field strike because the defense left a guy open. This was the way of the dynasty. The only thing different about Brady's performance from 01-04 till now is about 3 different coaches and using the pass as a crutch when things get difficult....or being one dimensional.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Yup.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]So wasn't someone posting pictures of Gronk out clubbing this Sunday night after the Ravens game.  Is he a spoiled irresponsible brat too?  Just want to get this clear.  I want to make sure, should the "OVERRATED and underpeforming" (Rusty's words) offense fall flat this weekend, whether we should blame that slouch Brady or that slouch Gronk?  Chris, Rusty . . . put yourself on record?  Is Gronk behaving badly too . . . or is it only bad to go clubbing with a sprain when Brady does it?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I will put myself on the record:  I think it is absolutely stupid that Gronk was partying after his sprain.  But I don't think Gronk will be relied upon as Brady was/is.  I am not even convinced he will play, but if he does play, he will be a decoy.  Last I checked, decoy at QB doesn't work.  The Jets tried it and it failed.

Sections
Shortcuts