Brady takes a shot at Johnny Manziel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Brady takes a shot at Johnny Manziel?

“If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.”

I think TB12 is absoloutely right. Johnny "football" is acting like a total entitled punk. Would love to see some young defender plant him in the ground to knock some sense into him.

Fox Sports 1 analyst and ex-Chicago Bear Brian Urlacher cut right to the point earlier this week, when he was asked about Johnny Manziel’s actions during Texas A&M’s season opener against Rice.

“I’m not saying he’s a punk, but he acted like a punk in that game,” Urlacher said. “[He's] such a good football player. You saw in the second half, what he did — three touchdown passes and ran it pretty well. It’s just too bad he had to act like that. I’m pulling for the guy. I want him to do well.”

The folks at CNBC’s Squawk Box tried to draw a similar reaction out of Patriots QB Tom Brady on Thursday. Brady joined the show via video, as part of a segment that also included an in-studio interview with Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

The show’s host, Joe Kernan, turned his discussion with Brady toward Manziel by saying, “You’re probably going to play against Johnny Football one day,” and then asking Brady, “What’s the biggest thing you’ve ever done in terms of flaunting? I think I’ve maybe seen a fist pump. That’s about it, isn’t it?”

Brady responded with a rather indirect comment about Manziel’s behavior.

“I get pretty emotional,” Brady said. ” I have a lot of respect for … my teammates, for my organization and certainly for other guys in the NFL. There’s not a guy playing in the NFL who hasn’t earned the right to be here, and who isn’t supremely talented.

“He’s [Manziel] probably been the best athlete in his high school class, in his elementary school class. So when you look across the ball, you have respect for those guys and treat them with respect. Football’s a physical game … and as [Kraft] would say, “If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.”

It’s hardly an out-of-bounds dig at Manziel’s character, but it does add yet another log to the Johnny Football fire.

Defending Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco took the Manziel controversy in the other direction over the weekend, commenting: “I don’t know if I’ll be too popular for this … But I don’t know how I really felt about Johnny Manziel, but I feel like now everyone hates him. He’s quickly becoming my favorite player in college football.”

Oh, just a reminder: Even if Manziel turns pro following this college season, there still are eight months until next May’s draft. So this likely is just the beginning of all the Manziel frenzy.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/05/tom-brady-johnny-manziel/?sct=hp_t2_a3

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Brady takes a shot at Johnny Manziel?

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

“If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.”

I think TB12 is absoloutely right. Johnny "football" is acting like a total entitled punk. Would love to see some young defender plant him in the ground to knock some sense into him.

Fox Sports 1 analyst and ex-Chicago Bear Brian Urlacher cut right to the point earlier this week, when he was asked about Johnny Manziel’s actions during Texas A&M’s season opener against Rice.

“I’m not saying he’s a punk, but he acted like a punk in that game,” Urlacher said. “[He's] such a good football player. You saw in the second half, what he did — three touchdown passes and ran it pretty well. It’s just too bad he had to act like that. I’m pulling for the guy. I want him to do well.”

The folks at CNBC’s Squawk Box tried to draw a similar reaction out of Patriots QB Tom Brady on Thursday. Brady joined the show via video, as part of a segment that also included an in-studio interview with Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

The show’s host, Joe Kernan, turned his discussion with Brady toward Manziel by saying, “You’re probably going to play against Johnny Football one day,” and then asking Brady, “What’s the biggest thing you’ve ever done in terms of flaunting? I think I’ve maybe seen a fist pump. That’s about it, isn’t it?”

Brady responded with a rather indirect comment about Manziel’s behavior.

“I get pretty emotional,” Brady said. ” I have a lot of respect for … my teammates, for my organization and certainly for other guys in the NFL. There’s not a guy playing in the NFL who hasn’t earned the right to be here, and who isn’t supremely talented.

“He’s [Manziel] probably been the best athlete in his high school class, in his elementary school class. So when you look across the ball, you have respect for those guys and treat them with respect. Football’s a physical game … and as [Kraft] would say, “If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.”

It’s hardly an out-of-bounds dig at Manziel’s character, but it does add yet another log to the Johnny Football fire.

Defending Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco took the Manziel controversy in the other direction over the weekend, commenting: “I don’t know if I’ll be too popular for this … But I don’t know how I really felt about Johnny Manziel, but I feel like now everyone hates him. He’s quickly becoming my favorite player in college football.”

Oh, just a reminder: Even if Manziel turns pro following this college season, there still are eight months until next May’s draft. So this likely is just the beginning of all the Manziel frenzy.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/05/tom-brady-johnny-manziel/?sct=hp_t2_a3

look jabroni, he's the JOHN CENA of college footballll!

[/QUOTE]

Don't sully the name of John Cena by comparing him to Johnny Football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

wow I guess I havent missed much in college football. Sounds like a soap opera. I aint hip. What the H3ll did he do?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He's not acting....he is a punk....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I like him, Brady better watch his tone because this kid reminds me Mallet. Mallet would've been a first rounder the year he came out, but he partied his way to the first and dropped his way down to the third. 

If BB catches him in the third, Brady could have this turd as his teammate. Is Johnny a punk? Yes, yes he is. But the question is, is he a talented punk? Yes, yes he is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sign him up, BB!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He's listed at 6'1" on a good day. When they "officially" check him at the combine it's doubtful he breaks 6'. Too light as well. Don't see him as pro material. He'll need to change positions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I like him, Brady better watch his tone because this kid reminds me Mallet. Mallet would've been a first rounder the year he came out, but he partied his way to the first and dropped his way down to the third. 

If BB catches him in the third, Brady could have this turd as his teammate. Is Johnny a punk? Yes, yes he is. But the question is, is he a talented punk? Yes, yes he is. 

There's no way Manzel could replace Brady if he was drafted by ne.  Brady can say what he wants cause Manuel would be lucky to just carry Brady's pads. Manzel has a real good line.  Lets see what he can do running for his life. I hope the jests draft him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

At this point I dont like the guy AT ALL. Maybe he will redeem himself but here is the bottom line:

HE MIGHT BE A GOOD QB BUT HE IS A REAL JERK AS A PERSON. If the question is "do you LIKE him" the answer for any decent person would likely be NO. The question was not is he a good QB.

He is a jerk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I dont know much about him  as a person ,so please why do alot of people dislike him?All I every heard that he signed autograghs for money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

At this point I dont like the guy AT ALL. Maybe he will redeem himself but here is the bottom line:

HE MIGHT BE A GOOD QB BUT HE IS A REAL JERK AS A PERSON. If the question is "do you LIKE him" the answer for any decent person would likely be NO. The question was not is he a good QB.

He is a jerk.

He didnt hurt anybody,  what's the big deal?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

There's no way Manzel could replace Brady if he was drafted by ne.  Brady can say what he wants cause Manuel would be lucky to just carry Brady's pads. Manzel has a real good line.  Lets see what he can do running for his life. I hope the jests draft him. 

[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't have much of a problem in New England when it came to fashion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Meh. The kid hasn't done anything crazy.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Brady takes shot at Johnny Manziel?

Well . . .  Brady makes a pretty good point about being the best player at every level. Truth to tell, I'm kind of surprised that the system doesn't create more guys exactly like this. They're told all their lives how wonderful they are . . .  many of them get greased through school so they can keep playing and if ever there should be any trouble, well there's almost always a booster or two around with the right connections.

There's absolutely no reason at all why this kid shouldn't believe with all his heart that he's the king of the world and can do whatever he wants. I'll bet three warm beers and half a pack of Camels that nobody has ever told him differently.

Oh . . .   sure . . .   it's true enough that some guys handle success with a little more aplomb,  but most kids learn what you teach them, and when you try to teach them that everything you've been teaching them for twenty years is no longer "cool" . . .     well . . .   I'm just not sure that message is going to have an easy time getting through.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

Sections
Shortcuts