Brady throwing the defense under the bus?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan96. Show patriotsfan96's posts

Brady throwing the defense under the bus?

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=2a14f079-029a-4571-818e-1b80eefc6b34

His interviw on Fox 1. In the last minute of the segment he says that in 01,03,04 the team had the best D in the league, and now things are different. Sounds a little bit like an implied criticism. I agree with every word he said, but very uncharacteristic statement from TB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Brady throwing the defense under the bus?

That was just Tom being humble and saying the D was so good in the early years that it allowed him time to grow and develop as a QB.   No controvery here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Not surprising. The cap is at 122 million and he made 20 million in 2011.  How many times do we have to go over why we lost SB 46?

What's his excuse for SB 42?  THe D was loaded and experienced, ranked like 7th in the league or something.

It's BB's bend but don't break defense which ends up breaking.  He almost lost the Giants SB against the Bills with the same type of defense.  Look at those 3 SB's where the other team had the ball in the final minutes.  All three teams... Bills, Giants, and Giants drove the length of the field in the final minutes to win the game.  BB dodged a bullet with the Bills missed FG when he was def coordinator.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Not surprising. The cap is at 122 million and he made 20 million in 2011.  How many times do we have to go over why we lost SB 46?

What's his excuse for SB 42?  THe D was loaded and experienced, ranked like 7th in the league or something.

Brady not holding he and his chosen offense accountable is becoming a disturbing trend, IMO. Very disappointing.

I remember Gomer not taking accountability for his poor play earlier in his career, throwing his O Line under the bus or even the kicker, but Brady doing it now is not a good thing.

We'll win a SB when Brady doesn't channel Jay Cutler or Romo in January or February.

Last year, Baltimore's D wasn't that good. They also allowed what, 27 points in the SB and barring a choke job by Kaepernick from the 5 yard line, aren't SB champs.

Flacco's play, just like an SB winning QB, just needed to be better than the other QB. It was. The league has changed. Bloated stats for QBs, everything favors the offense, etc, etc.

27 points on 13 possessions is much better defensively, than 19 points with 8 possessions.  Do the math. 

Also Flacco doesn't win without a ST TD and a final goal-line stand.  It takes a team!

Something TB hasn't seen in nearly a decade!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

About time Tom tells it like it is. He should have slammed the running game too.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

That was just Tom being humble and saying the D was so good in the early years that it allowed him time to grow and develop as a QB.   No controvery here.

I know. Leave it to trolls to try and twist that into something it isn't. I can't wait. 

Strahan is like, "Look at your record, are you the best?"

And Brady responds, "Well we had the best defense in the league when I won those games."

He's defelecting and spreading praise there ... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Criticism, or just stating the facts? Jeez, controversy can be made out of anything it appears.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to patriotsfan96's comment:

His interviw on Fox 1. In the last minute of the segment he says that in 01,03,04 the team had the best D in the league, and now things are different. Sounds a little bit like an implied criticism. I agree with every word he said, but very uncharacteristic statement from TB.

That's worse than saying there were protection problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

I know. Leave it to trolls to try and twist that into something it isn't. I can't wait. 

And Brady responds, "Well we had the best defense in the league when I won those games."

[/QUOTE]

Man, you can never rely on posters being honest here.  If that's all he said, I retract my previous post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Listened to the entire interview, and I'd say that Brady did not throw the current defense under the bus.  I think the statement within the context of the entire interview - he was saying how one really can't compare the 2001-2004 teams vs. 2007-2012 teams because the team makeup/strenths/weaknesses were different. He was also saying that he is always just trying to get better and find ways that the entire offense can get better.

He also said the Patriots success is due to a team effort.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You have been referencing 42 and 46 as an expert, yet you recently admitted that you had watched (one of them) beginning to end only once prior to a recent replay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

What's the issue with what he said?

First, he'd NEVER be caught saying something as inflammatory as this that would hang his team's current D completely out to dry on national TV...he's way to smart to do something so incredibly stupid.....

Second, even if this was some kind of Fraudian slip, isn't it true? The last few years the D hasn't been able to stop a Pop Warner "C" team when it counts... that's not TB's fault! I mean if the truth hurts, bring on the pain because that's the ONLY thing that will eventually cure it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not only should he throw them under the Buss but he should drive it over them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with both of you. Only a troll would say otherwise. Brady = G.O.A.T

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So the guy gives an interview in which he is amazingly philosophical, honest, open, respectful and appreciative of the game...and this is bad? This is him throwing the defense under the bus? 

A very very select few would feel that way. I'm not one of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

What's the issue with what he said?

First, he'd NEVER be caught saying something as inflammatory as this that would hang his team's current D completely out to dry on national TV...he's way to smart to do something so incredibly stupid.....

Second, even if this was some kind of Fraudian slip, isn't it true? The last few years the D hasn't been able to stop a Pop Warner "C" team when it counts... that's not TB's fault! I mean if the truth hurts, bring on the pain because that's the ONLY thing that will eventually cure it!

altho the recent D has improved, it's still not quite to the reputation of the 2001-2004 d

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

It's pretty obvious that the OP didn't watch the whole interview. The strength of those early 2000's team wasn't the offense, it was defense, now the strength of these teams from '07-present has been the Offense. I'm hoping that they have a more balanced team, just like Brady said..

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Brady not holding he and his chosen offense accountable is becoming a disturbing trend, IMO. Very disappointing.

I remember Gomer not taking accountability for his poor play earlier in his career, throwing his O Line under the bus or even the kicker, but Brady doing it now is not a good thing.

We'll win a SB when Brady doesn't channel Jay Cutler or Romo in January or February.

Last year, Baltimore's D wasn't that good. They also allowed what, 27 points in the SB and barring a choke job by Kaepernick from the 5 yard line, aren't SB champs.

Flacco's play, just like an SB winning QB, just needed to be better than the other QB. It was. The league has changed. Bloated stats for QBs, everything favors the offense, etc, etc.

and how many times do you need to be reminded tom brady left both sb's with a lead and an opponent with limited time and a long field?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

It's pretty obvious that the OP didn't watch the whole interview. The strength of those early 2000's team wasn't the offense, it was defense, now the strength of these teams from '07-present has been the Offense. I'm hoping that they have a more balanced team, just like Brady said..

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

Actually, I think it is more obvious that the OP did watch the whole interview and just wants to stir the pot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to patriotsfan96's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's worse than saying there were protection problems.

[/QUOTE]

Does every word out of your yap have to be about a team nobody here cares about troll?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's not hard to understand that having a championship-level team on both sides of the ball is how you win championships. 

Brady simply stating the obvious which 99 percent of the folks in this forum understand. 

Rusty has rewritten the last Super Bowl so often in his head he's found a way to blame Brady for Gronk being injured also. Brady should be able to win these games all by himself it seems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Man, you can never rely on posters being honest here.  If that's all he said, I retract my previous post.

[/QUOTE]

You are the last person here to speak of honesty, with the exception of Rusty, troll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

It's not hard to understand that having a championship-level team on both sides of the ball is how you win championships. 

Brady simply stating the obvious which 99 percent of the folks in this forum understand. 

Rusty has rewritten the last Super Bowl so often in his head he's found a way to blame Brady for Gronk being injured also. Brady should be able to win these games all by himself it seems.

That pretty much sums it up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[and how many times do you need to be reminded tom brady left both sb's with a lead and an opponent with limited time and a long field?

[/QUOTE]

And in 42  - AS dropped the INT, and there was a fluke helmet catch, and the Oline was flat- So the breaks finally went against them that year - they won at least 2 games - Balt for sure and the Giants almost - they coluld or should  have lost - Sometimes the best team doesn't win -

And in 46 - TB did have the strange safety called against him ( but his fault), and the underthrown INT towards an injured Gronk - So he certainly gets some blame - at the same time he had NO other playmakers besides WW - and WW was getting beat up badly - And TB still had the lead with little time left - And Zowie Eli makes the perfect throw  - while Chung was lined up wrong (per Herman Edwards (a former db and coach) at the time) and got there late.

BTW Montana ( before TB, my favorite QB) didn't always have great stats in playoff games - and he was 4-4 in Conference Championship games

I never thought that the Pats were getting to the SB before this year - they were turning their entire D over and they did not have great Offensive weapons unless Gronk and Ah were on the field at the same time- And really they weren't -

Stink on Mike aqnd Mike said - the Patriots were not a running team - that is -when they needed a few yards on the ground they couldn't get them -

As far as TB running the shotgun too much - I think the entire game plan is made up with BB and the coaches and TB follows the plan - As BB just said - he cannot always tell who made a mistake unless you know the responsibilities- He also alwasy says - after a loss - we could ahve played better and we could have coached better.

On one thing I agree with Rusty - I do like TB under center more. I feel the shotgun should be used against certain schemes and players on the field -then  in conjunction with the hurr yup Offense the Pats are very difficult to play - and they are getting better with it

I am just a fan - I root for everyone of them to do well - I like rooting for the young players-

I also know that there will be games  that they are outplayed, or out coached or just don't get the breaks.

And finally - TB said the exact right things in the interview - no surprise there