Brady to 49ers for two 1sts and Aldon Smith?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

Re: Brady to 49ers for two 1sts and Aldon Smith?

You are kidding right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogi3333. Show yogi3333's posts

Okay, okay - so a lot of you guys didn't appreciate the brilliance of my proposed trade. Maybe I have had too long a summer in the Dubai sun. And it is true, Brian Hoyer and the new guy aren't exactly Steve Youngs, as far as we know. But, first off, I remember that snowy game back in the early 80's when New England and Buffalo were fighting to not get the 1st pick in the draft and New England found a way to blow it in the last 2 minutes. So, I am as Boston as any of yous. I puked when Bobby Orr put on the Blackhawks outfit and Brad Park wore the Bruins colors. I've never watched a Bruins game since, though I heard they did pretty good last year. 

Anyway, Brady's got 3 more years in him, but he's getting slower every year and the linebackers are getting faster. Kavanaugh proved that the system in the hands of a competent backup doesn't fall off that much. With the two studs, one will certainly manage the offense. The offense will be highly productive with either backup at the helm.

The issue has been the defense, which is being addressed. So, put your emotion aside,  you can get 12-16 years of three 1st round players in their prime in exchange for a replaceable piece of your puzzle. With the new labor agreement, I think you'll find the Patriots more willing to sign 1st rounders. I'm done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

yea, because Culpepper reminds me so much of brady at this point.

we are more likely to trade hoyer or mallett than brady at this point

IGNORE THIS MUDDA FAKKIN' IDIOT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Just say no!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Maybe for Josh Freeman and 2 1sts, I might think about it.  nah....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Dude, I beg you to get some help now!!  You clearly need some serious help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Just Stupid!!!!!!!! Do that dumb trade on Madden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATABIKE. Show ATABIKE's posts

yeah Good idea! IF you are 49ers fan!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

You dont trade  Ted Williams, Yaz, Bill Russell, Larry Bird and Tom Brady!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

Sam Bradford and 3 first round picks and I think we have a deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'm glad you are not a coach!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Brady to 49ers for two 1sts and Aldon Smith?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady to 49ers for two 1sts and Aldon Smith? : Yea that's very true.  The fact is thou, every year you wait, Brady ages and his value goes down.  I think the trade was a crazy idea but the general topic of do you ride Brady until he retires, trade the young guys for picks, trade Brady for picks and go with the young guys is very interesting.  If Mallet does continue to develop this will be a hot topic in the future. Reminds me of the mid to late 80's when the the topic was do you ride the big 3 of the Celtics until they drop or trade them while they still have some value.....We all know the Celtics went the sentimentality route and keep them.  BB seems to be much more business first, so I wonder if he would pull the trigger.   I do think Yogi had the right team because I could see Brady wanting to finish up back home if he doesn't end his career in NE.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

If it reminds you of the Celtics then you must recall Len Bias. That tragedy may have also been at the cost of some championship seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, okay - so a lot of you guys didn't appreciate the brilliance of my proposed trade. Maybe I have had too long a summer in the Dubai sun. And it is true, Brian Hoyer and the new guy aren't exactly Steve Youngs, as far as we know. But, first off, I remember that snowy game back in the early 80's when New England and Buffalo were fighting to not get the 1st pick in the draft and New England found a way to blow it in the last 2 minutes. So, I am as Boston as any of yous. I puked when Bobby Orr put on the Blackhawks outfit and Brad Park wore the Bruins colors. I've never watched a Bruins game since, though I heard they did pretty good last year.  Anyway, Brady's got 3 more years in him, but he's getting slower every year and the linebackers are getting faster. Kavanaugh proved that the system in the hands of a competent backup doesn't fall off that much. With the two studs, one will certainly manage the offense. The offense will be highly productive with either backup at the helm. The issue has been the defense, which is being addressed. So, put your emotion aside,  you can get 12-16 years of three 1st round players in their prime in exchange for a replaceable piece of your puzzle. With the new labor agreement, I think you'll find the Patriots more willing to sign 1st rounders. I'm done.
    Posted by yogi3333[/QUOTE]

Not sure what yo umean by Brady is getting slower. DO you mean he doesn't run as fast? Whatever you mean Brady had one of the best season a QB EVER had... and I've been watching since about 1960.

You can make a case for trading Brady if you are SURE you have a top QB behind him. A top QB, not just a QB. Not Mark Sanchez for instance. THere are easily a dozen QBs better than Sanchez and you could make a case for at least a few more. In any case, there is noone behind Brady that is a sure thing.

As with several other posts I would think this is an idea for 2-4 years from now but only if there is a genuine heir aparent. I myself might not do such a trade but it would depend on the circumstances. Also keep in mind that Brady could tell the Pats that he would retire before playing elsewhere.

Furthermore two mid round first rounders and Aldon Smith (???? why him) would not do it for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

yogi needs to get off the crack pipe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Blasphemous to even start a thread about TB getting traded, much less talk about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanCap. Show SanCap's posts

Genaro008 - correct.  Brady retires as a Patriot.  After at least one more SB ring.  Some players are not disposable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Genaro008 - correct.  Brady retires as a Patriot.  After at least one more SB ring.  Some players are not disposable.
    Posted by SanCap[/QUOTE]

2 more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If they couldn't get 2 6th rounders and a punter for him last year how will they get 2 number 1's?