Brady To Be More Patient W/ Rookie WRs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Brady To Be More Patient W/ Rookie WRs?

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

And some where the WR and Brady were completely out of synch on timing routes - I'd put that more on the rookie WRs.  Even Edelman ran a route or two wrong.  QB and WR relationships don't happen over night, talent and desire aside It takes reps and experience.   

absolutely. it's going to be an ugly beginning - but I'm okay with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

test

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]
    If it was just timing or route running issues I'd agree. They are rooks and they need time to adjust. But, when the ball hits your hands? You are a WR your one job is to catch a ball if it's catchable to begin with and they couldn't even do that last night

sure, there were some in the bread basket - no doubt, but there were some inaccurate passes to0 (some were Brady's fault, some because the OL didn't buy him enough time and Brady was rushing).

[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that I can't blame Brady for being frustrated that balls that hit WRs hands aren't caught, I can't blame him for getting frustrated if they aren't running the routes right (though this is one where he shouldn't yell and calmly explain to them how to do it better next time), but the biggest thing I can't blame him for is being frustrated that he's in this situation to begin with. Not that he shouldn't have to develop rooks, he should, but he shouldn't have to rely on them at this point. Rook WRs take time, usually more than a year, to develop. The FO should have had an extra solid vet on the team to pick up some of the slack when Amendola goes down with an injury (like it took a psychic to see that coming). The rooks should be #3 and #4 guys on the team that Brady works with not #1 and #2 guys that he has to use in game and rely on. Consdiering the team friend restructure he should be frustrated that the team was unable to get 1 durable vet for him to throw to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

What I'm saying is that I can't blame Brady for being frustrated that balls that hit WRs hands aren't caught, I can't blame him for getting frustrated if they aren't running the routes right (though this is one where he shouldn't yell and calmly explain to them how to do it better next time), but the biggest thing I can't blame him for is being frustrated that he's in this situation to begin with. Not that he shouldn't have to develop rooks, he should, but he shouldn't have to rely on them at this point. Rook WRs take time, usually more than a year, to develop. The FO should have had an extra solid vet on the team to pick up some of the slack when Amendola goes down with an injury (like it took a psychic to see that coming). The rooks should be #3 and #4 guys on the team that Brady works with not #1 and #2 guys that he has to use in game and rely on. Consdiering the team friend restructure he should be frustrated that the team was unable to get 1 durable vet for him to throw to.

I hear ya, but why? Obviously, the situation is out of his control. There's no going back at this time - so, he has to deal.   Plus, he's the oldest player on the team. He needs demonstrate on the field and in the locker room that everthing is going to be okay - even if the circumstances say otherwise.  Seriously, do you want a leader on the team showing signs of panic/frustration?

I would have preferred to see Brady "coach" the  rookie after the series is over and say "okay, remember, this is ....... because....." OR let McDaniel/BB do the talking for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

alot of this stems form the fact we have struck out on drafintg WR  so many times  as others have said this is the first real time I can think of where TB has to tteach the young guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'll add one thought to this string...

Why would BB put Brady through this by not having at least ONE veteran WR, outside of the slot type receivers they have in Amendola and Edelman, who can make those plays Brady wants his rookies to make?  From what I saw last night, the current crop of receivers do not get that clean separation we'd like to see and just don't make that adjustment to get to the ball.

It can only get better, otherwise, the fingernails may never grow back!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]
    What I'm saying is that I can't blame Brady for being frustrated that balls that hit WRs hands aren't caught, I can't blame him for getting frustrated if they aren't running the routes right (though this is one where he shouldn't yell and calmly explain to them how to do it better next time), but the biggest thing I can't blame him for is being frustrated that he's in this situation to begin with.Not that he shouldn't have to develop rooks, he should, but he shouldn't have to rely on them at this point. Rook WRs take time, usually more than a year, to develop. The FO should have had an extra solid vet on the team to pick up some of the slack when Amendola goes down with an injury (like it took a psychic to see that coming). The rooks should be #3 and #4 guys on the team that Brady works with not #1 and #2 guys that he has to use in game and rely on. Consdiering the team friend restructure he should be frustrated that the team was unable to get 1 durable vet for him to throw to.

I hear ya, but why? Obviously, the situation is out of his control. There's no going back at this time - so, he has to deal.   Plus, he's the oldest player on the team. He needs demonstrate on the field and in the locker room that everthing is going to be okay - even if the circumstances say otherwise.  Seriously, do you want a leader on the team showing signs of panic/frustration?

I would have preferred to see Brady "coach" the  rookie after the series is over and say "okay, remember, this is ....... because....." OR let McDaniel/BB do the talking for him.

[/QUOTE]

The thing is we see the screaming because the camera's capture those moments and that's what gets ratings but it's only a small part of what is done on the sidelines. I wish we could see more shots of the sideline but I bet that McDaniels and Brady are with the rooks and the snaps binder looking over the plays and he's giving them instruction. But, we won't ever see that because the camera loves people blowing up not people teaching.

Sections
Shortcuts